Thread: Help me to trace my history ( Good topic for Researcher)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Post Help me to trace my history ( Good topic for Researcher)

Dear friends,
    My full name is Ajmer Singh Dhanda. I trace my history as:
    I was born in year 1970. My granfather told me that our origin is from Delhi while we r now in Jind (Haryana). Earlier we used 'Malhan' surname and later changed to 'Dhanda'. Now I request to historian of Jat or Jatland or student or any reader or any general who has any hint or can suggest me materal concerened to it , to gide me in this concern.
    Thanks a lot, my wish:
    ***** May God florish this jatlant globely ****
    Last edited by azzusingh; September 7th, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

Fyi

Dear Friend,
    There is only one village in Delhi (with Gotra 'Malhan') ..'Madangir' ..I am also from Delhi and I asked my father about your gotra and as far as he remembered this is the only village in Delhi having that gotra...hope this will help. You can visit that village and find out about ur family from old people ..or I can ask my father if he knew somebody there.

Dagar

Login to view details.

Dhanda.

Dhanda;

a small clan of Jats, found in Jind. Their Jathera is Swami Sundar Das,at whose Samadhi milk is offered on 12th Sudi every month: beestings also are offered, and, at weddings, a lamp is lighted there.

Sourse: A Glossary of tribes and Castes of Punjab and North-West Frontier by H.A.Rose

Dear Dagar ji:
    In Madangir there are only Mahalwals and some Gills (later arrivals);please dont waste your time there.
    Best,
    anmol.

Login to view details.

Dhanda and Dhadda are same.

Here's what we find in the book by H.S.Duleh

DHADDE

They belong to a branch of Toor Rajputs. They migrated from Delhi to Rajasthan. Thereafter they again migrated to areas around Ludhiana in around 12th centurey. Other Toor tribes like Khosa, Seera, Kandhola, Garcha, Nain and Chander also accompanied them.

Toor Jatts are found in many vilalges of Ludhaina. They founded many vilalges like Dhandari, Dhade and Rupalon in Ludhiana. There are many villages named Dhande or Dhadde in Punjab. There is one village Dhadde in Phagwara area while another is in Bathinda district. Dhadde Jatts are in large numbers in Sangrur. Dhadde Jatts are said to be having more merits than demerits. Dhadde Jatts are considerecd to hard working, restraint and wise Jatts.

Regards.

Fyi

Hello Anmol,
    I may be wrong but according to my father initally people from Madangir used to have Malhan gotra, over the time it has ..become 'Mahalwal' ...but still I may be wrong...
    Thx
    Dagar

Login to view details.
    boss mera gaon hai...hansi se aage narnoond kai paas.."Budhana".....aur yahan saare dhanda hi hain..

baki history ka to maalum nahi....na kabhi jaane ki koshish kari....aapko pata chale to mujhe bhi bata dena...

Quote Originally Posted by azzusingh
    Dear friends,
    My full name is Ajmer Singh Dhanda. I trace my history as:
    I was born in year 1970. My granfather told me that our origin is from Delhi while we r now in Jind (Haryana). Earlier we used 'Malhan' surname and later changed to 'Dhanda'. Now I request to historian of Jat or Jatland or student or any reader or any general who has any hint or can suggest me materal concerened to it , to gide me in this concern.
    Thanks a lot, my wish:
    ***** May God florish this jatlant globely ****

Login to view details.

Help me to trace my history

i would like to say hello to everyone here im a new member from canada and im trying to find where my last name Mann started from in india i.e. what village or ancestors i'd like to find out please email me with any answers.

steve_maan at hotmail.com

Smile

welcome to Jatland my dear buddy!
    btw where r u located in canada?
    Is steve ur real name or nice name?
    anyways, keep visitin to ur online village!

rock on,
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    i would like to say hello to everyone here im a new member from canada and im trying to find where my last name Mann started from in india i.e. what village or ancestors i'd like to find out please email me with any answers.

steve_maan at hotmail.com
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Login to view details.
    yeah steve is my real name i live in british columbia and im a jat sikh