Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: biggest Jat gotra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy biggest Jat gotra

which is the biggest JAT gotra,
    this question was asked by one of my seniors ,i m not able to reply at that time .
    i thought to take the help of all of you Jats, so help me as i invite your views on this topic .
    :rock:p I WANT,WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT IT:D boxing

Malik Badshah.
    Jus guessin........
    Malik N.

largest gotra

dear amit,
    the largest gotra among jats is poonai gotra.there is no other gotra in competition with poonia if we talk of numbers.there are more than 300 villages in rajasthan only.there are many villages in hisar,jind fatehbad and bhiwani distict of haryana.

once i came across an atlas..... the name of the atlas was india during akbar.it was a very old atlas.......could be around 100 years..in that atlas all the northern part of rajasthan was shown as "poonain desert".

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Good Info Rajender Ji..

Amit Ji, Very good thread started. And I guess not only the biggest, but all big gotras should be listed and discussed here.

In my opinion Malik, Dahiya, Poonia etc are all big Gotras.

In my area Sheorans are in 52 villages and Sangwans in 40 villages.
    Eager to hear from all elders.

Quote Originally Posted by rajendersingh
    dear amit,
    the largest gotra among jats is poonai gotra.there is no other gotra in competition with poonia if we talk of numbers.there are more than 300 villages in rajasthan only.there are many villages in hisar,jind fatehbad and bhiwani distict of haryana.

once i came across an atlas..... the name of the atlas was india during akbar.it was a very old atlas.......could be around 100 years..in that atlas all the northern part of rajasthan was shown as "poonain desert".

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan
    Good Info Rajender Ji..

Amit Ji, Very good thread started. And I guess not only the biggest, but all big gotras should be listed and discussed here.

In my opinion Malik, Dahiya, Poonia etc are all big Gotras.

In my area Sheorans are in 52 villages and Sangwans in 40 villages.
    Eager to hear from all elders.
    sahi keh sai anill ...even i've heard that dahiya and mailk are one of the largest gotras..

Infact yeh toh kahavat bhi hai , ak dahiya arr malik ki agar shaadi ho ja, te unke bacchon ki jatton mein shaadi hona mushkil ho ja se :p :p

Login to view details.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Sahi kahi Monika aap ne...

Quote Originally Posted by monikadahiya
    Infact yeh toh kahavat bhi hai , ak dahiya arr malik ki agar shaadi ho ja, te unke bacchon ki jatton mein shaadi hona mushkil ho ja se

RAY BHAI RAJENDER BAHUT DIN MAE MILA.
    ES ANIL TO MAE SUTA JAGA DIYA.
    SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
    PUNIYA KA- HOODA KA- FHOGAT KA- CHAHAR- CHAUHAN KA BADA BHAIBADA BHAI
    DAHIYA- MALIK- RANA- SANGWAN- KALIRAWANA- SHEORAN- BALODA- BALYAN- PILANIYA- SIHAG- SUHAG JAKHAR- TOMER- SHERAWAT- NEHRA- KADIYAN- AHLAWAT- PAWAR KA RISTAYDAR.
    SHEORAYAN KY 52+25= 84 KI KHAP HAE
    PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA
    JAT PUNIYA HARYANA KY JO MARNE SY DARTE NAYA
    NAG BANAS KI DUDI SAKHA KY YAH SURVIR KAHLAYA

GOTRA- DUDI & PUNIA RELATION.CH PITRAM DUDI EX SARPANCH- V. HAMIRWAS- DIST CHURU- RAJSATHAN.

JAT PUNIYA-PUNIA GOTRA AND DUDI JAT GOTRA

PUNIA- PUNIYA is one of the biggest jat Gotra. A very organised Khap history . had many wars with Rajput. During these war our ancestors Dudee helped them and became Dharam Bhai. Ch PitRam Dudee was sarpanch of Hamirwas village. He was also head of 300 villages of Punia Khap.
    This is Honour we got from Punia gotra for help in difficult time. These are Khandani values . Ponias are more democrat and they are still honour the old dharambhai values. Pitram Dudee is brother of ponias. But we have many relations with ponias khap and in Hamirwas itself.
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Login to view details.
    Uncle Ji namastey!

Aap khajaana so history ka.. batao yaa DUDEE-POONIA dharambhai aali baat kissey ne na bera tha haddey... Delighted !!! Please keep guiding jatland on such topics...!!

Regards,
    Anil

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat
    SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
    DAHIYA- MALIK- RANA- SANGWAN- KALIRAWANA- SHEORAN- BALODA- BALYAN- PILANIYA- SIHAG- SUHAG JAKHAR- TOMER- SHERAWAT- NEHRA- KADIYAN- AHLAWAT- PAWAR KA RISTAYDAR.
    PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA

GOTRA- DUDI & PUNIA RELATION.CH PITRAM DUDI EX SARPANCH- V. HAMIRWAS- DIST CHURU- RAJSATHAN.

PUNIA- PUNIYA is one of the biggest jat Gotra. A very organised Khap history . had many wars with Rajput. During these war our ancestors Dudee helped them and became Dharam Bhai. Ch PitRam Dudee was sarpanch of Hamirwas village. He was also head of 300 villages of Punia Khap.
    This is Honour we got from Punia gotra for help in difficult time. These are Khandani values . Ponias are more democrat and they are still honour the old dharambhai values. Pitram Dudee is brother of ponias. But we have many relations with ponias khap and in Hamirwas itself.

Login to view details.
    Tewatia/Teotia is one of the biggest goth in jats(and only in jats , not like others having same surname connection with rajput)having over 250 villages in west up only and others in haryana's faridabad,palwal ,rajsthan's bharatpur ,and in capital delhi.

and i will like to remind that up-villages are bigger in poppulation than of rajhsthani villages. so i guess tewatia is the biggest gotra in jats.

tewatias have produced 'only jat pm Ch. Charan Singh',raja ballu of ballabgharh, raja naher singh who ruled delhi for three months,
    bharatpuriya could win delhi just because of tewatis who r surrounding delhi and looted mugals a lot . they defeated muslim of hapud and took land in there own hands.

they had alwas been busy fighting with muslims and after with english. they r the only jats who did not served as peasent they always served as warrior and only warrior.
    Last edited by teotiakuldeep; June 24th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teotiakuldeep
    Tewatia/Teotia is one of the biggest goth in jats(and only in jats , not like others having same surname connection with rajput)having over 250 villages in west up only and others in haryana's faridabad,palwal ,rajsthan's bharatpur ,and in capital delhi.

and i will like to remind that up-villages are bigger in poppulation than of rajhsthani villages. so i guess tewatia is the biggest gotra in jats.

tewatias have produced 'only jat pm Ch. Charan Singh',raja ballu of ballabgharh, raja naher singh who ruled delhi for three months,
    bharatpuriya could win delhi just because of tewatis who r surrounding delhi and looted mugals a lot . they defeated muslim of hapud and took land in there own hands.

they had alwas been busy fighting with muslims and after with english. they r the only jats who did not served as peasent they always served as warrior and only warrior.
    Umm.. bat me damm hai... its not just the number of villages but their size also counts.. Lagta hai takkar kaante ki hai... We need for facts and figures to prove which gotra is bigger...One this is certain..it can not be my Gotra...LOL.. May be we are among the smallest..

RK^2

ooooo Bhai............. Teotia........... kaha ku hai yeh thaarre 250 Gaam west UP main........ Ginwaaye haamne tu................. In western UP
    three Jaat Gotra are dominating......
    1. TOMER (84 villages)
    2. BALIYAAN(84 villages)
    3. MALIK(52villages)

intai badi koi KHAAP ho UP main to majhe ginwaaye tu.....................
    250 ki to baat tu door dhar tu manne 20 GAAM ginwa de tewatoia ke West UP main????????????:eek::eek:

Quote Originally Posted by teotiakuldeep

Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet
    ooooo Bhai............. Teotia........... kaha ku hai yeh thaarre 250 Gaam west UP main........ Ginwaaye haamne tu................. In western UP
    three Jaat Gotra are dominating......
    1. TOMER (84 villages)
    2. BALIYAAN(84 villages)
    3. MALIK(52villages)

intai badi koi KHAAP ho UP main to majhe ginwaaye tu.....................
    250 ki to baat tu door dhar tu manne 20 GAAM ginwa de tewatoia ke West UP main????????????:eek::eek:
    bhai just move in mathura,bulandshahr, gaziabad,muradabad,nainitaal,aligharhand faridabad this all area is dominated by tewatias

just ask any genral jatfrom these area abt bhatonia he will tell u that there r 360 villages of bhatonia,all tewatia of up r known as bhatonia

Login to view details.
    I think Dudee sir we are missing one more gotra,,Thats Solanki
    i think there r more than 200 villages of solanki Gotra,,correct me if i am wrong ,,
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat
    SABH SY BADA GOTRA DUDI.
    PUNIYA KA 300 KHEDA

gulia ke 1,50,000 (dedh lakh gaam ) hariyaanna me
    ha ha ha
    kidding .....eeb chaadd maanaa jayiyo rashan paani leke
    dekh yoo neele (anil ) bethaa se kanthaare tadke tadak ,,,tukek thyawas rakhiyaa kadde aaja haade bhiddan hahahahah now

dudee uncle namaste
    thanks for all the information ,plz put some light on gulia khap ki history also i just want to know? if u have some thing about that
    thanks a lot in advance i know aapkee pittare me jaroor hoga kooch if the thing is not relevent to the thread can pm me n tell thanks again
    Last edited by manu14; June 25th, 2006 at 10:02 AM.

Login to view details.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha Manish...yoh kaatya rog...Dedh laakh gaam....ha ha ha ha ha.... Yeh apni isi isi post ghanna e rolla howann tein bacha lewein sein... na to logg katt ke marr jyaan haddey...Humor bagaandaa reh Manish...

Kanthaarey..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...menne yoh "merlion" sher sa (background mein) bhoonda pasand aa ra sei.. saale ne jadd tein paadd ke laaonga aamti aanii... Rohtak mein D Park mein gaandengey iss ne... Huddey paani bagawega yoh.. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..Dekhey e na Singapore aale...

Quote Originally Posted by manu14
    gulia ke 1,50,000 (dedh lakh gaam ) hariyaanna me
    ha ha ha
    kidding .....eeb chaadd maanaa jayiyo rashan paani leke
    dekh yoo neele (anil ) bethaa se kanthaare tadke tadak ,,,tukek thyawas rakhiyaa kadde aaja haade bhiddan hahahahah now

dudee uncle namaste
    thanks for all the information ,plz put some light on gulia khap ki history also i just want to know? if u have some thing about that
    thanks a lot in advance i know aapkee pittare me jaroor hoga kooch if the thing is not relevent to the thread can pm me n tell thanks again

Sangwan is also a very much international gotra. One can see them in China, Thailand and may be in few other countries. I came across Punia surname in USA also (http://www.uvm.edu/~punia/resume/).. As mentioned many times over in my history section write ups, Jats are spread all over the word and can be found in all religions and nationalities.

RK^2
    Last edited by rkumar; June 25th, 2006 at 01:27 PM.

Manis Gulia Aur Harvir Gulia Ki Badli

Dear Manis Bhai Gulia ny kon bhul sakta hae. Phir navy ka Gulia
    Bhai Potli ki to Book ban gaye. yaha jatland per bhi Gulia ky bare mae bahut kuch likh raha hae.
    Per yah history section nahi. Sari potli khol ne per yah post- thread delete ho jayegi- Ham sary ban ho jagegy.
    Dekha nahi Col Malik sahib- Machine Gun laekar seer par khade.
    Phir bhi 2 line sunely.
    Jat kaum ki adbhut gatha naman karo un hiro ko
    Timur ki Chhati mae Bhalla mara Harvir Gulia sy biro ko.
    Badli ke Desra Kaaj Ka Duniya mae Ruka rola ho
    Ch ChhotuRam Jis Gotra mae bihaya- Parnaya ho.
    Rao TulaRam- Bori- Bistar Badli mae dhar ky Bhaga ho
    1857 mae Angrejo sy Badli ki Jato ny Gahta gawaya ho
    85 Sal ky Prof Hari Singh ny ChhotuRam Dham banaho

Arath - Majoli ki Barat mae Dharmpal ny Ghoda dodaya ho
    US Badli ki Madur yad ko Dudee kase bhul sakta ho.
    2 April ko Prof Hari Singh sy Mae Bhi Milkar Aaya ho
    Navin Gulia ny bhi Khub jan jagrati ka rooka machaya ho

READ THE STORY OF HARVEER GULIA
    More on Yahoo Jat History group.
    .In 1398 AD Timur made a ferocious attack on Bharat (India) with 92,000 horsemen. On receiving the news of Timur's total and open looting and destruction, in Vikram Samvat 1455(1398 AD), kartick badi 5, Raja Devpala (who was born in the village of Nirpradha, District Meerut in a Jat family), who was incharge of the of the Haryana SarvKhap Panchayat, called a Mahapanchayat in the jungles in the middle of the villages of Tikri, Doghat, and Daha.The chief committee passed the following resolutions: -1) All villages would be emptied.2) The elders and women, and children would be taken to safe places3) All able-bodied men would join the army of the SarvKhap4) Th young women would also take up arms like the men.5) The army of Timur, which was advancing from Delhi to Haridwar, would be fought with Guerilla warfare, and the water in his way would be poisoned.6) 500 young horsemen would follow Timur and report his whereabouts to the SarvKhap armyThe Panchayat Army: Under the flag of the panchayat, 80,000 warrior soldiers (Mulls) and 40,000 young women joined together. These heroes also handled all the arrangements of the war materiel. From hundreds of miles around Delhi Heroic warriors came to the battlefield ready to sacrifice their lives. All the young men and women took up arms. Dharampal Dev a Jat warrior, who was 95 years old, played a great part in gathering together this army. He traveled day and night on horseback to encourage men and women and gather the army. His brother Karan Pal helped arrange money, grain, and clothing for the army.The choosing of the Supreme General, the deputy general and the other generals.In this endeavor of the SarvKhap, the hero warrior Jograj Singh Gujar was chosen Supreme General. He was of the Clan Khubar Parmar, and hailed from a village near Haridwar called Kunja. Later this Village was uprooted and destroyed by the Mughals. The clan of the Hero Jograj Singh escaped from this village and reached Lundora, Detract of Sahranpur, where they settled. Here they established the Lundora Gujar Kingdom. Jograj Singh was a celibate and renowned wrestler. He was 7 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighed 8 maunds. His daily diet was four seers of grain, 5 seers of vegetables and fruit, one seer of cows' s ghee (Clarified butter) and 20 seers of Cows milk. (Approximately: 1 seer = I kilogram, I maund + 40 seers = 40 kilograms).The general chosen from among the heroic maidens were 1) Rampiari Gujar, 2) Hardai Jat, 2) DeviKaur Rajput, 3) Chandro Brahmin, and 4) Ramdai Tyagi. All of them took a vow to lay down their lives in defence of their nation.Deputy Generals - 1) Dhula Bhangi ( Valmiki), and (2) Harbir Singh Gulia Jat, were chosen.Dhula Bhangi was a resident of the Village of Hansi, near Hissar. He was a strong and powerful brave warrior. An expert in guerilla warfare, a great raider, his weight was 53 Dharis (I dhari = 5 seer. Approx. 160 kilograms). On being chosen as Deputy general, he gave a speech, " In my life I have made many raids your giving me respect has made my blood boil. I take a vow before all the warriors, that I will spill my blood for the defense of my nation, and will not let the pure flag of the SarvKhap be lowered. I have taken part in many wars, and will sacrifice my life in this one". Having said this he took some blood from his hip, and sprinkled it at the feet of the supreme general. He then unsheathed his sword and said" This will drink the blood of the enemy and will not go back to its sheath." Hearing the speech of this heroic warrior, a wave of enthusiasm and courage ran through the army of the Panchayat, and every cried out slogans of the motherland.The second deputy general was Harbir Singh Jat, of the Gulia Clan. He was from the village Badli, district Rohtak I Haryana He was 22 years old, and weighed 53 Dharis (approx. 160 kilograms). He was strong and brave warrior,The names of the generals were 1) Gaje Singh Jat Gatwala, 2) Tuhiram Rajput, 3) Nedha Rawa, 4) Sarju Brahmin, 5) Umra Taga (Tyagi), and 6) Durjanpal Ahir.The deputy generals chosen were 1) Kundan Jat, 2) Dhari Gadariya, who was a Dhari, 3) Bhondhu Saini, 4) Hulla Nai ( barber),5) Bhana Julaha ( Harijan) 6) Aman Singh Pundir ,rajput 7) Nathu Pardar, rajput 8) Dhulla ( Dhandi) Jat, who would lead raids from Hissar, to Dadri, to Multan.9) Mamchand Gujar 10) Phalwa Kahaar.Assistant generals. 20 assistant's generals were chosen from the various jatis (castes).The hero Bard: the Eminent Scholar Poet Chandrabhutt (Bhat) as chosen as the official Bard. He wrote an eye witness account of the war with Timur.SOME EXCEPRPTS FROM THE SPEECH OF THE SUPREME GENERAL JOGRAJ SINGH.' Viroh (Heroes), reflect on the sermon given by Lord Krishna to Arjun in the Gita. For us the door t heaven (moksha) has been opened. That moksha, which the Rishi Munis achieve by doing Yoga, the hero warriors achieve by sacrificing their lives on the battlefield. Save the nation, that is- sacrifice yourselves, the world will honor you. You have chosen me leader. To my last breath I will not withdraw. I salute the Panchayat, and take oath that until my last breath I will defend the soil of Bharat. Our nation has been shaken by the crimes and attacks of Timur. Warriors arise and do not delay. Fight the enemy army and throw them out of the nation."On hearing this speech a wave of heroism ran through the assembly. 80, 000 warriors and 40,000 maiden warriors kissed their swords and took an oath, ' O General, while we breathe we will obey your orders, and sacrifice our lives for our country'.The Troops. - the Panchayat Army, spread out from Delhi, to Meerut, Muzzafarnagar, Sahranpur, and Haridwar. On reaching these places they tangled with the armies of Timur, and using Guerilla warfare, they did not them sit still. The enemy army had to escape by the route of the hills and the enemy was chased upto Ambala, and expelled out from the land of Haryana.THE BATTLE OF DELHI:-At the time that Timur was looting Delhi, and putting the population to the sword.20,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a surprise attack on the 52,000 strong army of Timur in the middle of the night, and killed 9,000 of them, and let their corpses be swept away in the river Yamuna. As soon as dawn came these heroic soldiers of the Panchayat returned to outside the city walls. The battle carried on like this for three days.Timur Lung got frustrated , left Delhi and advanced toward Meerut.THE BATTLE OF MEERUT: -Timur, with his numerous and powerful army, with much weaponry, advanced towards Meerut. In this land, Timur's army was given no space to breathe. The battles continued all through the day. Wherever the Army of Timur would stop for the night, the Panchayat army would attack, and uproot them. The heroic Devis (goddesses- women) would deliver food and war material to their soldiers wherever they were. The warrior maidens would attack and loot the supplies of the enemy. The 500 horsemen were doing their duty by keeping everyone together and bearing information.As supplies were not reaching them, the army of Timur started to go hungry. Whichever village came in its path would be destroyed. Becoming frustrated Timur advanced towards Haridwar.THE BATTLE OF HARIDWAR:Beyond Meerut, to Muzzafarnagar and Sahranpur, the Panchayat armies fought fiercely with Timur and did not let his army take hold (grip). The Supreme General,. the Deputy Generals and the Generals were handling their armies well. The army of Timur reached Tuglakpur- Pathrigarh, which is 5 Kos south of Haridwar. In this land the army of the Panchayat fought three major battles with the army of Timur. The Deputy Commander Harbir Singh Gulia, along with 25,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a fierce attack on a big group of Timur's horsemen, and a fierce battle ensued where arrows and spears were used (There over2, 000 hill archers joined the Panchayat Army. One arrow pierced Timur's hand.). Timur was in the army of horsemen. Harbir Singh Gulia charged ahead like a lion, and hit Timur on his chest with a spear, and he was about to fall under his horse, when his commander Khijra, saved him and separated him from the horse. (Timur eventually died from this wound when he reached Samarkhand). The spearmen and swordsmen of the enemy leapt on the Harbir Singh Gulia, and he fainted from the wounds he received and fell.1. At that very time, the Supreme Commander Jograj Singh Gujar, with 22,000 Mulls (warriors) attacked the enemy and killed 5000 horsemen. Jograj Singh himself with his own hands lifted the unconscious Harbir Singh and brought him to the camp. But a few hours later, the hero warrior Harbir Singh achieved martyrdom. Jograj Singh suffered a big blow from the martyrdom of the warrior.
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Malik

hi
    in my opinion MALIK is the biggest JAT gotra.

Quote Originally Posted by amitnirwal
    which is the biggest JAT gotra,
    this question was asked by one of my seniors ,i m not able to reply at that time .
    i thought to take the help of all of you Jats, so help me as i invite your views on this topic .

Login to view details.
    Menne bera sei final conclusion yoh niklega "All Jat Gotras are Big!!!"

par laage raho... laage raho. Kam se kamm nayee nayee baatein pata chal rahi hain jat history ki..

Poonia/Punia

Biggest gotra in jats...Poonia/Punia....very long history,
    400 villages in rajasthan ,haryana and delhi .according to ponia khhap.khhap office in rajgarh.
    in rajasthan in some tehsils, like-rajgarh-75% poonia of total population.
    poonia gotra is a 20%of total jats in india.