Thread: Kiling Instrinct!

Thumbs up Kiling Instrinct!

Well guys i ws not at all surprised to see Pakistan Cricket Team getting through their first round robin match of Challenger Trophy & tht too with Bang .

After loosing the Sheer edge cutting opening bowling pair of (Akhtar & Asif)...still they manged to get rid of in form Srilankan Team............and the only reason behind this fantastic win was their KILLING INSTINCT .............which i think we as Indian Team are lacking............So beware Rahul & Gang..................they r here to rock...................

Still my wishes are with my own Team India......................one thing i realy want is All Asian final ...................let it be any team .................in angreja ki to aankh howe gi!:D

Wht abt Indo-Pak finals !
    “Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a jat.”:boxing

theek kaha roopak bhai

pakistan me telent kee kami nahi hai dono opening boler n hone bawjood
    pakistani acha khelenge iskee umeed sabko thee. kamal acha bolar hai
    fir one day game batting ka game hai isme boling kee gunjaish kam hi hai
    kyokee pitch sare bating pitch hee banaye jate hai or fir soheb to oneday
    me pita hee hai sachin ko dehte hee uskii nend ud jate hai asif acha
    bollar uskee kami jaroor khalegi pakistan ko.......

Smile bhai

yeh champion trophy matches sei yaaa challenger trophy matches.I think its champion trophy.

All Rounders: Options to Captain

Such is the nature of one day cricket, that on a given day any team can beat any team. What matters most is the options a Captain has in the field and how best he utilizes them. Having more all rounders in a one day squad, does give a lot of felxibility to a captain in the field. Pakistan does have number of all rounders who can win the match for them either with ball or with the bat. They may not be in the league of Kapil Dev, Imran Khan or Ian Bothom, yet the fact is that they do most of the jobs, makes them complete cricketers. Shoeb Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzak and now Hafeez, do give a lot of option to the Pakistani Captain.
    The 1983 World Cup winning Indian team did not have the big name, at that time, yet they won it because of number of all rounders even though of mediocre level were present in the team. Apart from Kapil, Jimmy Amarnath, Rozer Binny, Kirti Azad and Madan Lal all were in the league of all rounders. Even though Australia lost today, they do have a number of all rounders in the team and that is what makes them invincible. Sri Lanka is another team with gifted all rounders. It is going to be an interesting contest. With South Africa loosing to New Zeland, and Australia loosing to West Indies, both the pools look wide open.
    On Indian Part, I think, the think tank must train Sehwag, Yuvraj and Raina to bowl some good spin stuff, while Harbhajan, Agarkar and RP Singh need to be given some batting coaching to make them useful players. That will give the team an additional edge if these players can improve on the weak side of their cricketing skills.
    The pitches being evenly balanced both for bowlers and batsman, I think an interesting tournament and some exicting cricket is in offing.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    Such is the nature of one day cricket, that on a given day any team can beat any team. What matters most is the options a Captain has in the field and how best he utilizes them. Having more all rounders in a one day squad, does give a lot of felxibility to a captain in the field. Pakistan does have number of all rounders who can win the match for them either with ball or with the bat. They may not be in the league of Kapil Dev, Imran Khan or Ian Bothom, yet the fact is that they do most of the jobs, makes them complete cricketers. Shoeb Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzak and now Hafeez, do give a lot of option to the Pakistani Captain.
    The 1983 World Cup winning Indian team did not have the big name, at that time, yet they won it because of number of all rounders even though of mediocre level were present in the team. Apart from Kapil, Jimmy Amarnath, Rozer Binny, Kirti Azad and Madan Lal all were in the league of all rounders. Even though Australia lost today, they do have a number of all rounders in the team and that is what makes them invincible. Sri Lanka is another team with gifted all rounders. It is going to be an interesting contest. With South Africa loosing to New Zeland, and Australia loosing to West Indies, both the pools look wide open.
    On Indian Part, I think, the think tank must train Sehwag, Yuvraj and Raina to bowl some good spin stuff, while Harbhajan, Agarkar and RP Singh need to be given some batting coaching to make them useful players. That will give the team an additional edge if these players can improve on the weak side of their cricketing skills.
    The pitches being evenly balanced both for bowlers and batsman, I think an interesting tournament and some exicting cricket is in offing.

sir aapne bhoot acha explain kiya hai par sir 1983 me jo india kee team thee
    kya wo team kabhi ban saktee hai. kapil dev j, madan lal and vishesh roop
    se mohinder amarnath jaise allrounder kee to ab kalpana hee kar sakte hai.

uska ek karan yah bhee tha sir, kee paisa kam tha us samay cricket me, cricket me advertisement bhee nahi ke barabar the isliye khiladiyo ka dhyan poora kaa poora cricket me hee rahta tha. aaj kahe bhee khel khiladi apnee
    biwi ke sath rakhte hai or picnic jyada manate hai cricket kam khel te hai .

netra......
    par hee rahta tha. aaj

It is Possible

Quote Originally Posted by netrapalsingh View Post
    sir aapne bhoot acha explain kiya hai par sir 1983 me jo india kee team thee
    kya wo team kabhi ban saktee hai. kapil dev j, madan lal and vishesh roop
    se mohinder amarnath jaise allrounder kee to ab kalpana hee kar sakte hai.

uska ek karan yah bhee tha sir, kee paisa kam tha us samay cricket me, cricket me advertisement bhee nahi ke barabar the isliye khiladiyo ka dhyan poora kaa poora cricket me hee rahta tha. aaj kahe bhee khel khiladi apnee
    biwi ke sath rakhte hai or picnic jyada manate hai cricket kam khel te hai .

netra......
    par hee rahta tha. aaj
    Dear Netrapal Ji,
    Yes it is possible. Purely, talentwise, Yuvraj, Sehwag and Raina are all better than any of the all rounders except Kapil we had in 1983 team. Off course, on batting front we did have Mohinder probably one of the best batsman on fast tracks who could handle the fast bowling any where.
    Another advantage the current cricketers have is their fielding. This aspect has definitely improved a lot since 83, but then it is true for opposition as well.
    Irfan Pathan has the talent to come to league of Kapil, but it will require a discipline of his level to reach there. Imagine a fast bowler playing for 16 years injury free. That is the discipline of an athelete to properly warm up before getting the bowling crease. Most fast bowler are sufferring injuries far too often. Another reason for injuries is also the fielding standard expected. In past not many used to throw themselves in the field to get to the ball. Probably Jonty Rhodes started that.
    India has a big advantage of playing home and must make it to the final. It would be nice to see India and WI playing final, with two greats battling for their side (Lara and Sachin)
    As a Captain, Dravid must exploit the talent of Sachin with the ball too. Ganguly did it too often. I think, if all the likes of Sehwag, Sachin, Yuvraj and Raina (two left arm and two right arm spinners) then probably we can bring in Dinesh Mongia in place of Powar. Harbhajan does have the aggressive nature and can be develeped into a pinch hitter.
    Extra ordinary result require, extra ordinary planning and execution. It may fail some times, but more often than not it is likely to succeed.
    Regarding players devoting time for advertising. It is a big money and all these players know that once out of scene they have nothing to fall back. How many companies will be signing Ganguly, Azhar or Jadeja for advertising now. So, that is fair. The board since paying a handsome money and since there is so much competetion, can now demand certain amount of time for training off season from these players. Discipline in training can be instilled, albiet the board has to be disciplined itself and has to concentrate more on game then politics.

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Another Lopsided Display

Dear Members,

It is interesting to note that not many people are taking part in discussion on Cricket during this tournament.

West Indies has once again proved how to tackle the Indian Team.

I guess, it is high time that Sehwag, and Raina start scoring runs or start thinking of some other occupation. It is so aweful for these two to throw away their wickets time and again. While Sehwag has some history to back up his claims, Raina needs to pull up his socks, for Chappell's preference for him over Kaif can carry him only that far.

I think, since we were not sure of the spin options on this game, it would have been a good idea to give chance to Mongia over Raina just to keep the option of third bowler. Sehwag did a great job with ball, but they had a small total to defend. Considering that the spinners were doing good, I think it was not wise to take off Yuvraj just because of one expensive over.

India now has a difficult task to come out better than Australia, which considering their consistency in failing, looks difficult.

It will be a nice battle between Pakistan and SA for the second spot in the semifinals.

If India can make it to semifinals, I think then they probably can manage to reach the finals.

West Indies is going great to defend the title, but they are also inconsistent like India. Only thing is that they probably have found out a foolproof formula to tame Indian Team time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    Dear Members,

It is interesting to note that not many people are taking part in discussion on Cricket during this tournament.

West Indies has once again proved how to tackle the Indian Team.

I guess, it is high time that Sehwag, and Raina start scoring runs or start thinking of some other occupation. It is so aweful for these two to throw away their wickets time and again. While Sehwag has some history to back up his claims, Raina needs to pull up his socks, for Chappell's preference for him over Kaif can carry him only that far.

I think, since we were not sure of the spin options on this game, it would have been a good idea to give chance to Mongia over Raina just to keep the option of third bowler. Sehwag did a great job with ball, but they had a small total to defend. Considering that the spinners were doing good, I think it was not wise to take off Yuvraj just because of one expensive over.

India now has a difficult task to come out better than Australia, which considering their consistency in failing, looks difficult.

It will be a nice battle between Pakistan and SA for the second spot in the semifinals.

If India can make it to semifinals, I think then they probably can manage to reach the finals.

West Indies is going great to defend the title, but they are also inconsistent like India. Only thing is that they probably have found out a foolproof formula to tame Indian Team time and again.

sir, agar sehwag kee baat kare to kya uske saath anyay nahi ho
    rhai hai, theek hai wo kafi samay se batting performance nahi de paaraha hai
    jaise kee ham usse apeksha kar rhe hai. Sir, jab sehwag team me ayaa tha
    to us par pressure kam tha kyo kee logo kee umeed kam thee or satve
    down ka wo khiladi tha uska kaam tha kee 30-40 ran banao par fast run wo itna hee layak tha or aaj bhee uskaa average 32 ka hai jo uske hisab se perfect hee hai parantu usko openning ke liye bheja or uskee openning pariyo ko dekhe to jis pari me bhe usne score kiya usme uske do ya teen jeewadan mile or jab wo lagatar flop chal raha tha to jaruree tha usko rest dena, 2 ya 3 seeries ke liye jaisa tentulkar ke liye kiya gaya aaj tendulkar fit bhee hai or confidentily khel bhee raha hai. Dusri taraf ham usse bolling me umeed rakhe kee sehwag run bhee n de or wicket bhee le.

Dusri cheej jo usko mentally disturb kar rahee hai wo hai media har channel
    par jab bhee team k bare be charcha hotee hai to channel wale chahe
    wo vinod kambali ho chage yashpal sharma har aadmi ko sehwag me
    hee kami dekhai dete hai. or har news paper bhee shewag kaa hee rona
    ro raha hai.

netra...........

Angry wht went wrong!

Well friends yesterday it was disaster right from the word go.....................i am still not able to understand, whats the point in playing R.P.Singh instead of Powar.....................we all witnessed the amount of turn and grip the ball was taking last night......................to me two genuin spinners would hav been a deadly combination on tht pitch for any of the batting orders and could hav made a difference to yesterdays score line.

I am also not been able to understand, wht exactly this ozy Chappel wants to prove here by sending pathan up in the order all the time abd that also after early dissmissal of Sehwag..................we can all see the poor bowling form of Pathan.......................

i am not been able to understand, dravids decision of keeping agarkar on in the plentimate over even when he was going for runs in the previous overs...........the kind of indiscipline this guy has shown in such a tense situation was really not at all appreciable...............both the batsman were new and he should have followed the basics of bowling a good lenth ball instead of a yorker or a short ball...............he is not an express bowler and bowling a slow short ball on such a slow pitch is an invitaion to be ripped apart..........................

so to me it was really a bad performance by team as a whole and i dnt think that nw team india could get rid of mighty australians in a self created semi-final................becouse history speaks for itself and and this time its in favor of ozies..............

Anyways i m still praying for an India Pakistan Final...........! :D
    “Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a jat.”:boxing

Quote Originally Posted by roopak View Post
    Well friends yesterday it was disaster right from the word go.....................i am still not able to understand, whats the point in playing R.P.Singh instead of Powar.....................we all witnessed the amount of turn and grip the ball was taking last night......................to me two genuin spinners would hav been a deadly combination on tht pitch for any of the batting orders and could hav made a difference to yesterdays score line.

I am also not been able to understand, wht exactly this ozy Chappel wants to prove here by sending pathan up in the order all the time abd that also after early dissmissal of Sehwag..................we can all see the poor bowling form of Pathan.......................

i am not been able to understand, dravids decision of keeping agarkar on in the plentimate over even when he was going for runs in the previous overs...........the kind of indiscipline this guy has shown in such a tense situation was really not at all appreciable...............both the batsman were new and he should have followed the basics of bowling a good lenth ball instead of a yorker or a short ball...............he is not an express bowler and bowling a slow short ball on such a slow pitch is an invitaion to be ripped apart..........................

so to me it was really a bad performance by team as a whole and i dnt think that nw team india could get rid of mighty australians in a self created semi-final................becouse history speaks for itself and and this time its in favor of ozies..............

Anyways i m still praying for an India Pakistan Final...........! :D
    theek kaha roopak bhai chapal kee niti to chapal hee samaj sakata hai
    lekin apne selector or dravid kee niti kya kya koi samaj paya hai
    or player kya chahate hai kya kisi ko pata hai is team ka isse bhee boora
    hal hona hai abhi astreliya se khelna baki hai team me sabse pahalee kami
    hai confidence kee jo chappel or dravid shuru se hee nahi dilwa paye
    or rahi sahi kamee jab poori hogayee jab hamne naye khiladiyo kee
    ek poori kee pooree khep team me bharlee aaj nai boller hai par
    jahirkhaan, ashish nehera jaise boller fit hone ke bawjood bahar hai
    haa mai mantaa hoo ashish nehra ke bare me shayad lo agressive ne ho
    par mujhe shrikant ke bad usse acha boller indian team najar nahi ayaa.
    agar team me sudhar lana hai to chappel ko ignore karke selector or
    captain ko apne hisab se team select karnee chahiye or maidan me
    dravid ko khud nirnay lena chahiye.

netra.........

There were many blunders from my viewpoint:
    - Why Pathan was sent as a pinch hitter when we lost first wicket so early and we didn't have much runs on board. We needed Dravid at that time to strengthen the innings...
    - Why Kaif didn't replace Raina?
    - Why RP Singh replaces Powar when we knew that West Indies dread spinners?
    - Why Dravid didn't handover the ball to spinners early?

If we continued like this, there is no chance to beat the Australians in the next match...
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Do or Die Match

Dear Members,
    The match with Australia is going to be a do or die battle. Considering the help SA bowlers got from the pitch, Australia does have an upperhand, aprat from the pathetic showing of Indian batsman in recent times. So, Australia starts as a favorite. The best thing is that the team that wins the fourth spot, would be against NZ in Semi Finals (Unless WI looses to England with great margine) and thus likely to have a better chance in reaching the finals.

So, what are India's options? Patel, the only bowler who has impressed among the seamers is likely to be out due to injury. Sreesanth if allowed would be playing the first match of the tournament. Pathan and RP Singh, so far have been extremely poor and less we talk about them better it is. With Pitch likely to help the seamers, it is unlikely that we will play Romesh Powar against Australia.

In the batting department we have even more worries. Sehwag has just not taken off. We hope that he comes good this time. Sachin has been in good form and is probably the only batsman who is well equipped to deal with any bowling attack. Dravid is good and Dhoni did show the maturity against WI.

Now is the question of Picking up balance two from Yuvraj, Kaif, Raina and Mongia. Considering the performance Mongia showed in Malaisya, I think he should be getting the node ahead of Kaif and Raina. Yuvraj has been starting well and need to concentrate on staying on the pitch. Mongia also gives an option to help Harbhajan along with Sehwag. May be, RP makes the way for another batsman. Pathan remains indispensable. Hopefully Patel gets fit for the match. If that be so, my preferrence of the batting order would be as under:

Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    Mongia (he has opened for India as well as for his state)
    Dravid
    Yuvraj
    Dhoni
    Kaif
    Pathan
    Harbhajan
    Sreesanth
    Patel

The problem would be the fourth seamer. May be Tendulkar practices a little at the net ahead of the game for his spinners are the faster one and may be more dangerous on the surface or better than what Sehwag or Mongia can bowl. His experience would also come good in tense situation.

The Indian think tank needs to have a detailed game plan for each of Australian batsman as well as each of their bowler. Unfortunately for India, Australia has much more resiliance than India. With Pitch likely to help the fast bowlers, Lee and company would remain a threat for the fragile Indian batting and the odds are heavily against India.

Let them wish a good luck, they need it in plenty.