View Poll Results: (What) Who should be the (criterion to choose) the President?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Actor like Mr. Amitabh Bachchan

1 4.00%
  • A scientist like Mr. Kalam

10 40.00%
  • A retired politician like Mr. Shekhawat

3 12.00%
  • A businessmen like Mr. Ambani/Mittal

1 4.00%
  • A brave soldier

4 16.00%
  • Let the commen man chose

7 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the president of India?

Who should be the president of India?

Today TDP announced the candidature of MR. Amitabh Bachchan for next presidential elections and needless to say Samajwadi Party supported it.
    Cogress opposed it and BJP is playing safe.

Congress is expected to put forward the name of MR. Sushil Kumar Shinde, miniter of power and BJP is expected to nominate Mr. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, Vice President and left to Nominate MR. Somnath Chaterjee, hnbl speaker, Lok Sabha.

My question here to esteemed intellectual people is, what should be the actual criterion to choose a President or governer.
    Cause what we have been seeing here is that those people who lose their worth in politics or whom party wants to keep away e.g. Madan Lal Khurana, Sushil Kumar Shinde, S.M Krishna are mostly nominated and made governers or President.

Just like America, shouldnt people have the power to choose the President?
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Soldier is the first choice, Scientist is second, but not Kalam, President should be young
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Does it really matter???
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar View Post
    Does it really matter???
    Any good reason that why it doesnt matter???

Quote Originally Posted by rsdalal View Post
    Soldier is the first choice, Scientist is second, but not Kalam, President should be young
    I believe that minimum age to bethe president in out constitution is 45.... Correct me if i am wrong

Koi farak nahin padta...kisi ko bhee betha do uss seat par...wahan par jaaney ke baad sab ek jaise ho jaatey hain. Take Kalam's example...he's a learned man with with strong background but now he's become a political puppet. I know he must be spending some time with ISRO and other related orgn. but president in India is merely a chief guest at gathering. His main job is to cut ribbons and inagurate projects, lay foundation stones and some overseas visits. I would strongly recommend Lalu for the post...atleast he's an active politician. You can never write him off.

Power in India is supposedly in PMs hand but currently that's not the case as well. It's the people behind PM who rule the nation. You know what I mean...to yeh desh PM & president se nahin chal raha...koi aur hee chala raha hai...
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnavin View Post
    Power in India is supposedly in PMs hand but currently that's not the case as well. It's the people behind PM who rule the nation. You know what I mean...to yeh desh PM & president se nahin chal raha...koi aur hee chala raha hai...
    Long Live Italy:p :p but i know it is actually the IAS who is running the minister.... remember Ji Mantri ji

It could be any person from RK Laksman's Aam Aadmi to Businessman to scientist,provided that has strong candidature to represent nation's face.
    Be it old or young, no matters.My personal choice,if asked, would be Dr Karan Singh once again
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

It would be still better to keep these film stars and businessman away from this post.
    Jat Balwaan\n Jai Bhagwaan

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    I believe that minimum age to be the president in out constitution is 45.... Correct me if i am wrong

It is 35 years.

For reference, just read this link:

http://www.constitution.org/cons/india/p05058.html

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Jat President Of India

IT SHOULD A JAT OR JATNI = KISAN Farmer
    Kisan deserave this honour for long time.
    K.NATWAR SINGH
    OP CHAUTALA
    DR BALRAM JAKHAR or any one from MARTYRS FAMILY
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat View Post
    K.NATWAR SINGH
    OP CHAUTALA
    If OP Chautala and Natwar Singh could be prseident we must not forget our own Runda n Khunda.Atleast they dnt live on your money.Being Jat is not the critaria for the post.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

O P Chautala doesnt deserve just because he is a jat i think he is better doing in Politics

However K. Natwar Singh is a man who has immense Knowledge but even he would fail to make a good President becaue no matter who, President from politics always tend to be biased towards their party.

So let it be someone who is not form the Politics...

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    O P Chautala doesnt deserve just because he is a jat i think he is better doing in Politics

However K. Natwar Singh is a man who has immense Knowledge but even he would fail to make a good President becaue no matter who, President from politics always tend to be biased towards their party.

So let it be someone who is not form the Politics...
    Why Chautala does not deserve? If a half-literate Sardarji (Giani Zail Singh) can be elected just because he was a Sikh, what is the harm in Chautala being elected just because of him being a Jat?

Just theoretically - we all know that it is a futile debate and simply by our discussing the subject here will not bear any fruit.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    Why Chautala does not deserve? If a half-literate Sardarji (Giani Zail Singh) can be elected just because he was a Sikh, what is the harm in Chautala being elected just because of him being a Jat?

Just theoretically - we all know that it is a futile debate and simply by our discussing the subject here will not bear any fruit.
    You surely missed the point of my point....

I say no politician should be made the PResident because >

1. The post kills the talent and binds their hand with limitation
    2. As mentioned above, only a few politicians can make an unbiased character.

Moreover, i made that comment on the names mentioned above and if i was to choose i would Choose Natwar Singh because that guy carries knowledge as he has held several portfolios and has a fair past(besides Iraq issue which is not yet proved).

Talking

chautal as president of india.
    that would be the joke of the centuary.
    if you want a jat as a president then there are many other optains available but surely chautala is not among them. he is corrupt,has links with criminals and moreover a dictator minded person.
    please put this thread in humour column as it looks very funny :D CHAUTALA AS PRESIDENT OF INDIA:D

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat View Post
    K.NATWAR SINGH
    OP CHAUTALA
    Why can't it be you, Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    Why can't it be you, Sir?
    And why not you, Tewatia Sir? We want a talented, young Jat like you to fight this election - whatever may be the result ! Jats do not bother about results. If you need sponsorship from some MPs, we would manage !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

hahahhaa.runda and khunda.my vote goes 4 them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by samarkadian View Post
    If OP Chautala and Natwar Singh could be prseident we must not forget our own Runda n Khunda.Atleast they dnt live on your money.Being Jat is not the critaria for the post.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    And why not you, Tewatia Sir? We want a talented, young Jat like you to fight this election - whatever may be the result ! Jats do not bother about results. If you need sponsorship from some MPs, we would manage !
    a scientist can never afford to joke.