Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Navjoth Sidhu as President of World Jat Aryan Foundation

there is one nice post by amit, about Herodotus on Jats. This is original and most important for Jats having some interest in Jats history. Can somebody post it better broadly in bold direct readable manner?

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...t=22009&page=2
    Last edited by anrtish; November 16th, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    Dear Gahlaut Sahab,

I have been reading your posts with great interests. What I gather is that the best way to cross these walls is to ask for the reservation.

While that might be the opinion of the majority of community, I personally feel that if you really want to ruin any community just stat giving them some thing for free. In simple village words "Make them Haramkhor". I think need of the hour is two folds. Firstly, oppose the reservation of any nature what other communities have got. How can it be done, frankly, I have no idea at this time. But together we can find out some way. Secondly, utilize community resources, and our strength (hard work that is what we are known for) to bring our less fortunate brothers in to next higher income group.

If as a community, we can bring about the harmony among all jats (jatts and Jatt sikhs included) and become one force under one leader, then it really does not matter who the leader is?
    Col. Sahb I hope that you must have read these?

Jats in Haryana OBC status, says Hooda

http://www.indianexpress.com/res/web.../ige23105.html
    Give Jats in Haryana OBC status, says Hooda
    EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE

Conclusions
    thankful to you all my blood brothers for sharing your views if my words were desi, haryanvi or bit hard sometimes, please take them in right spirit with due regard to all of you, while thread continues I'll be bit busy for some days and would like to take leave. My conclusions from the above discussions are the following:

1. Many Jats lack awareness regarding their utmost needs and immediate priorities. OBC reservation is the fact which is most immediately obvious of these. It cries for instant action and no further wastage of time.

2. Some people on this site are not Jats but pretend to be Jats. They always try to misguide people here against the interests of Jats.

3. Some Jats here are either ignorant of the plight of rural Jats or unnecessarilly try be over-idealists and seudo-nationalists. Real india is not this geographical unit only but the majority of its population. Majority of population of India favours aarakshan.

4. Jats were not included in reserve category and with other non-reserved people they started singing to the tune of those people that reservation is no good to nation or even to the people who are getting reservation. Though these are open broad day lite facts to see how Meenas rose in 50 years. Why then Gujjars agitate? etc.

All such theories behind such seudo-logics is the frustration of non-reserved people to see some government jobs slipping out of their hands.

5. No doubt some Jats are really meritorious and well to do. They neither require reservation nor desire it. But they are over enthusiastic and sadly mistaken that all Jats are like them. Also they do not know what harm they are doing to his poor brother Jat in village by saying "NO TO RESERVATION". They always have option to be in general category if Jat comes in OBC but poor Jat does not have option to be in OBC if Jat remains in general category.

6. Jats have tendency of justice and equality and think too much of other castes etc. Its positive quality though but excess is bad.

7. Some Jats are too proudy. Though its also good but somewhere some practical angle should also be there.

8. Jats always have the tendency to take the lead like Hanuman. Which always costs them dearly. They forget that sometimes Bania attitude is also beneficial. Whether its reservationist group or non-reservationist group Jats come on the fore-front from both sides and fight among themselves while other beneficiary and non-beneficiary castes simply speak or infuse them or watch silently. This was seen recently in Delhi and around in anti-rservation stir 1-2 years back. Rajasthan Jats were at the fore front opposing reservation violently in early nineties.

9. They do not understand where exactly are lying their interests. They fail to realise that they are about 1% of India's population. Their support or opposition will hardly make some impact on reservation policy. They should better channelise their energy in finding their position in this caste reservation structure. So dnt support and dnt oppose better join in it as OBC.

10. Some Jats are over cautious of OBC tag over their caste. They should take lesson from Gujjar and Meenas. Jats have common hucca with them. And when they are happy in ST category why cant you tolerate just OBC. O bhai OBC kum se kum ST se to upper hai.

11. Jats are the most backward in non-reserved category. So these people were and will always be above them even without reservation. Other castes who are lower than Jats will again be over the Jats due to reservation. So Jat is fast sinking at the lowest bottom of sea with the passage of time. He is the worst sufferer due to reservation.

12. Jat is most forward in OBC. If he comes in OBC then he is best gainer in reservation.

13. Reservation ek voton ki rajniti hai ye kahne se kuchh nahin hota. Rajniti to sari hi voton ki hai and our constitution provides for that. In fact this vote rajniti of reservation favours Jat most. 70% of Indian population is OBC and Jat is at the top of this 70%. Ye rasta Jat ko PM ki taraf le jata hai.

14. Doosri taraf Jat 10-20% non-reserved category me sub se neeche hai. Is category ki baaki aur sub jatiyon ne Jat ko sadiyon se kuchla hai ab kaise chhod dengi. Halanki kuchla inho ne baki sub jatiyon ko bhi hai. Lekin vo to sub in se pind chhuda ke reservation le ke bhag nikli. Ek Jat hi atka rah gaya hai. To bhai Jat tu bhi bhaajj lle pawan nne dhar ke sir pe.

15. Jat ka reservation ko support karna aur oppose karna bheet me sir marne jaisa hai. Is se reservation pe koi asar nahin padta. Aur chup baithna sumunder me doobne jaisa hai where very fast he is sinking and heading towards bottom. To bhai ab haath paanw te marne hi padenge tairne ke liye.

16. Jat reservation ko ek ghar ka halwa samajh ke baat kar rahe hain.Ye Haryana ka Jat itne serious halat me bhi aise aintha baitha hai jaise Taayee thali me use halwa paros rahi ho. Ukk beta halwa kha le, na tayee me na khata is halwa ne.

Bhaiyo hum bhi aap jaise hi Jat hain abhi to aap log aise mana kar rahe hain jaise ghar ka halwa ho per jab aap log haan bhi kar doge to koi aap ko koi ye itni asaani se nahin dene wala. You have to fight for it. You have no other option. Sooner is better.

my best wishes
    Last edited by kasutajatram : June 15th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Last edited by anrtish; November 16th, 2007 at 01:55 PM.

Aarakshan 4 jats

This is the Editorial from Vishwa Jat Gaurav Magazine by World Jat Aryan Foundation led By Sidhu. We are happy that our leaders have started understanding the plight of poor Jats in villages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	2399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of j1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	2401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j1 001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	2403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j1 002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	2404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j1 003.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	2405  

Last edited by snandal1; November 17th, 2007 at 11:07 AM.

Thumbs up

excellent,

assi tte vadde vadde Allexandran nnu back to the pavillion kitta

Ismen to koi boori bat nahin hai mere bhai!

Quote Originally Posted by psgahlaut View Post
    its true about respected burdakji. but manne laagge sse ukk thumm bhadu, dhatrwal etc. aadhe tte jyada tte bisnoi so?
    U r right Gehlaut ji, but i m a jat (By God, hahaha). In fact 90% of the gotras of bishnois are similar to that of jats. My ancestors had migrated from Bhawaldeshar near Bikaner (Raj) to Bhadra (my present hometown) nearly 100years back. I don't know much about the orgin of my gotra, thanks for tracing it back upto Ramayana.

Vinod

Can some learned person throw some light: if this is a political wing of BJP? BLS

These are my views, and I don't expect many members to agree with me. We all have right to have our own opinion.
    I for one do agree with you completely. It's amazing how easily we start to differentiate. I think its bad enough we do that on a national level - I haven't lived in India since I was 5. So many times it has happened that when coming across someone who looks like they might be Indian and ask them, and the answer I get is "I come from Tamil Nadu or Delhi or whatever; while the answer should be simply, yes I am Indian!"
    Perhaps when someone lives outside India it somehow doesn't matter who you are and where in India you hail from, just coming across a face that looks familiar in an alien crowd fills you with apnapan.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Dear Gahlaut Sahab,

I have been reading your posts with great interests. What I gather is that the best way to cross these walls is to ask for the reservation.

While that might be the opinion of the majority of community, I personally feel that if you really want to ruin any community just stat giving them some thing for free. In simple village words "Make them Haramkhor". I think need of the hour is two folds. Firstly, oppose the reservation of any nature what other communities have got. How can it be done, frankly, I have no idea at this time. But together we can find out some way. Secondly, utilize community resources, and our strength (hard work that is what we are known for) to bring our less fortunate brothers in to next higher income group.

If as a community, we can bring about the harmony among all jats (jatts and Jatt sikhs included) and become one force under one leader, then it really does not matter who the leader is?
    Quote Originally Posted by steotia View Post
    I for one do agree with you completely. It's amazing how easily we start to differentiate. I think its bad enough we do that on a national level - I haven't lived in India since I was 5. So many times it has happened that when coming across someone who looks like they might be Indian and ask them, and the answer I get is "I come from Tamil Nadu or Delhi or whatever; while the answer should be simply, yes I am Indian!"
    Perhaps when someone lives outside India it somehow doesn't matter who you are and where in India you hail from, just coming across a face that looks familiar in an alien crowd fills you with apnapan.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At the onset of my thread I apologize if I might've misunderstood the rest of the postings in general or I do not agree with them. However the above 2, I find very interesting & nice.

While I take no offense to generalized opinion of some that if I in particular say No to Reservation of any kind, I become a psuedo Jat. I know my origin & need not prove to anyone the honor & respect my family name commands. But I urge you to do some soul searching & look for the "Honor & Code - Fighting spirit that Jats are known world over" within yourselves.

Make no mistake that we're often misrepresented & mistaken for being the rowdy, illmannered roughians who fight amongst themselves - deeds of a few some & nothing pains me more when the classification is generalised; and if some choose to be different then are branded psuedo's. The question is of individual judgement but on whose side are you after all?

From the childhood we're taught to place the national interests at the top of the list then state or individual's. But it's plightful just as Seema pointed out that most still favor their states. Being a nation player, I often experienced this first hand. People took pride to represent their states but the country. It's so rightly picturized in the movie - Chake de India.

Anyways, coming back to the all important discussion of 'No to Reservations'... I personally and I quote again ... "It is strictly my personal opinion" that when I say No to Reservation, I mean no to any sort of reservation in the country, especially at the professional front. Merit & performance should be the call today.

We need to make India "Karam pradhan - The best man for the job" and not Castes, Creed, Religion or Sex determining the candidature.

I fully understand the issues faced by the economically challenged & so called backward classes today but then this is just another problem which can be solved with appropriate focus & best of the brains working in sync. There is nothing than can not be solved! Make no mistake that it'd be far easier to solve it in a board room than actually implementing the solution. The problem is we often try to solve the 'World Hunger' and lose focus amongst other interdependent environmental factors of personal, creed or state nature not prioritizing what is in the best interests of our country.

I'm proud to be a Jat but even more to be an Indian. An Indian first - I would love to see each Jat and all of the Jatlands prosper but only as a part of India on the whole!

With all this said, I'd like to propose that instead of brick-battering each other over lesser important issues, how about we come up with Innovative solutions which may solve such problems from the root in the coming years. Let's see if we can collectively create a "possible solution" and if we succeed, find out a way to propose the same to the government & the people of our country - worldwide!

My question is - Are you game?

"Improvement begins with the word I"

Cheers!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Kya hua? Everyone abandoned the post or just gotten busy, all at the same time?

Jats finding their place under the sun

Though we have digressed to quite an extent from the topic of this thread - Navjot Singh Sidhu being appointed/elected President of Jat Aryan Forum, I have a few observations and points to make.

I could not have agreed more with Col. Tewatia and Mr. Suhag, that we need to reinforce our foundation to an such an extent that we donot feel any need for reservation. Having said that, the points raised by Mr. Gahlaut cannot be ignored outrightly.

We as a community are proud of our heritage and culture, but the one question that comes to mind is that in the recent past - what observations can we make to see that Jat community is progressing without a few flashes in the pan here and there. The other communities that have benefitted from reservation silently are the Meenas and the Yadavs. The best example that highlights the irony of this reservation debate is that both the states of U.P. and Bihar were at one point in time ruled by Yadav CMs, belonging to the very community that was considered backward and had been granted OBC status.

It is nobody's case that reservation is a substitute for hard work and perserverance. We as members of a community which has a progressive outlook, no doubt oppose reservation, but as rightly pointed out by Mr. Gahlaut, a minor percentage of the populace cannot change the paradigm or bring about a paradigm shift at least in the foreseeable future. Lets accept the fact that Reservations are here to stay indefinitely whatever be the reasons behind, including vote bank politics (perhaps the primary reason). But then it can be argued at the same time - Either everyone has a piece of the cake or no one has it. In other words, either all enjoy the benefits of reservation/ any social upliftment legislation or no one enjoys. Are members of communities not falling within the purview of reservation children of lesser God.

Why cannot we follow a more pragmatic approach than merely living in our past. Considering the level of community progression including the representation (or rather the lack of it) at key positions at the national level, we seek reservation at the national level (covering all regions) instead of a few pockets here and there. Whenever reservation is phased out, we would not oppose the same and give up our claim to the same along with other communities therefore playing on a level playing field. Selective reservation for a few communities on the basis of caste, for the have-nots is somewhat like fighting a battle from the plains when the enemy is deeply entrenched in the heights and has a better view to kill.

Hence, as rightly put forward by Mr. Gahlaut lets embrace reservation at least till the time it is phased out completely lest we become the laggard of laggards. Even after putting up the OBC tag, we would still be the proud jats - though a little more pragmatic, living more in the present than in the past (at the same time cherishing the rich tradition and culture passed on to us by our forefathers) .

Its good to think at the national level - we all are proud Indians. But it would be better if we set our house in order first. As they rightly say charity begins at home. "Bura jo dekhan main chala Bura na Milya koi;. Jo apna dil jhankya; Mujhse bura na koi."

Irrespective of the region/religion let the entire community unite and find its place under the sun...

Time for action now- too much debate

Dear All
    Now time for action. We have enough debate.
    Kashmir ki tarah UNO Jase never ending Debate
    Ka kisi ko bhi koe labh nahi hoga.
    BP Singh Reservation card to khrl chuka hae
    uska- Yadav-Gujar- Saini- Mali- Meena Jase
    Kisan jo Jatoo jase hi han Rojana fayada bhi
    Uda chuke han.
    Rajasthan- MP- UP Ky
    Jatoo ko fayda bhi mil chuka hae
    phir ise mae Debate ki konsi Baat Baki hae
    Abhi to Resevation kase mile
    Yahi sabse Jaruri hae.
    JATS Unity ky bina Kuch bhi Nahi milan hae