Thread: India :A regional power !!

India :A regional power !!

Dear member

Lets discuss the potential and probability of India becoming a regional power especially in south Asia. Almost everyday we can read news of telling us that India will be super power by this time or India is emerging a national power bhalla bhaala... lets discuss what the reality is? There could be many questions which can be addressed before coming to a well balanced conclusion. Like Does India have enough daring to show its potential to rest of the world on right time? Can Indian leader think for a single voice while speaking on international issues? Is our foreign policy equipped and supported with required tools to make its voice clear and firm in international arena. Can we utilize our soft power in this direction? Does India’s current domestic social and political structure allow its national leader to go ahead with their agenda? If it has lesser probability than what are those burning issues which must be addressed first?

Lets have a thorough discussion by addressing every possible point one by one.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Here is the list of South Asian countries

Afghanistan - its a pile of rubble with crazy denizens
    Bangladesh - barah mahine bhukmari
    Pakistan - No comments
    Sri Lanka - No comment
    Bhutan - They dont matter
    Nepal - No comment
    Maldives - I think they grow oranges there - I don't know much
    India

looking at that list where do you think we stand?

Also, India will not place highly in the civilized world because we have uneducated citizenry and traitor politicians. They feed off of each other.
    There is no leadership or vision on issues like education , health, infrastructure. It is because these are far fetched issues as far as the poor of our country are concerned. They cast their vote based on identity - religion, caste, region.
    The agendas discussed during elections are reservations, subsidies and welfare schemes for poor (none of the money reaches the poor by the way),
    religion, caste. Compare this to the western democracies - their main issues are economy, foreign policy, education, healthcare, environment, research.

Until we get to that level of discussion - there is no hope. Education is the only solution I can think of.