Thread: Guidance for IAS exam preparation needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guidance for IAS exam preparation needed

I am Sandeep Verma, My nephew Ravi is preparing for UPSC Exams and now decided join coaching classes at Delhi. We are from backward state i.e. Madhya Pradesh. IAS/IPS officers can give him guidance about where to stay and where to attend coaching classes. His subjects are History, Public Admn. He appeared in final of B. A. Exam recently. Any coaching classes run by JAt brothers can be informed.

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepverma View Post
    I am Sandeep Verma, My nephew Ravi is preparing for UPSC Exams and now decided join coaching classes at Delhi. We are from backward state i.e. Madhya Pradesh. IAS/IPS officers can give him guidance about where to stay and where to attend coaching classes. His subjects are History, Public Admn. He appeared in final of B. A. Exam recently. Any coaching classes run by JAt brothers can be informed.

Hi sandeep

its gr8 to know about your nephew's ambition .
    Though it is tough to say which coaching class is better and which is not .

but according to the subjects that he has chosen vajiram & ravi in rajendra nagar are a safe bet( as far as the information I have ).They start usually around Oct. and one has to keep an eye for their advt. as they offer limited seats.

All the best for his endeavour.

good !!!

sandeep ji !!!
    UPSC exam for Civil Services a year long process .
    every year,In the third week of may a Preliminary Test (PT) is conducted. Questions are objective type, two papers, one is General Studies (GS) and other is the Subject.
    those who qualify it sit for the Mains Exam, its a written test, it contains 2 optional subject, GS, Essay. The result comes in the mid of feb.
    Those who qualfy the Mains Exam go for the Interview in Ist week of march. the final result come just 5-6 days before the next PT. As it would happen in next one or two days ( 18th may Sun is PT day).
    for GS coaching Vajiram & Ravi is best, its equally good for Pub Ad and Psychology.
    For Geography Interaction is good. its in mukharjee nagar, which is considered to be the hub for UPSC exam preparations.

please read the Hindu ( Newspaper ) regularly its a paper inevitable for UPSC candidates, and megazine is frontline and yojna.

i hope this information is enough for a person who has yet to start.

good luck !!

P.S : This year's potential candidate is gurnam saini.
    I am a Tiger; but unfortunately i work in a Circus.

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepverma View Post
    hi sandeep....

for GS- one can go for Vajiram nd ravi or Sriram's....both r in old rajinder ngr and equally good....but Sriram scores in the fact tht more personalized attention is given...nd one can attend the course modulewise ...

Pub AD- SYNERGY.....taught by Mohanty sir ...classes held in rajinder ngr as well as mukherjee ngr

For History-- its mainly Y D mishra...he is with Interactions(a coaching centre in Mukherjee Ngr)

as for staying --- I wud recommend rajinder ngr....mukherjee ngr is not tht conducive.....but at the end of the day it depends on the candidate's budget..

best of luck to ur nephew!!

I am overwhelmed by the reply

Kuldeep Singhji, Yashpal Singhjiand Nysa Chaudhary thank you for sparing your valuable time for sharing right information with us. --Sandeep

hey m also ias aspirant ,4 history u suggestd interaction is best n for Gs vaji Ram

Can ny1 suggest which is d best institute 4 economics.

Regards
    Jyoti Sandhu