Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Higher Education in Canada and USA

Higher Education in Canada and USA

I would welcome inquiries from jat students who want to come to North America for higher studies. I have a thorough knowledge of the universities in both Canada and USA. Depending on the credentials of a candidate I can suggest which universities are best suited for him/her. I can be of help for M.S. and Ph.D. in Engineering and Business as well as MBA.

Birbal Singh
    Professor of Mechanical Engineering
    Lakehead University
    Thunder Bay, Canada

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to birbal For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 8th, 2014), ankit87 (May 31st, 2011), AryanPoonia (March 19th, 2015), bazardparveen (February 24th, 2012), dahiyasumit (July 3rd, 2012), manish019 (November 8th, 2012), nareshthalor (March 18th, 2017), navdeepbudhwar (August 10th, 2011), nssingh (July 17th, 2011), rishirajbl (October 15th, 2014), saurabhjaglan (November 2nd, 2011), sksain (October 7th, 2015), TarsemNain (April 30th, 2013)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    hello birbal sir ,thanks for message.i have just completed my B.E in computer science n engg.right now in india market is very tight.pls help me what should i do.
    pradeep sehrawat.,delhi,india.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pradeeps For This Useful Post:

amitsiddhu (August 3rd, 2012)

Dear Mr. Sehrawat,

The Computer Science field is in a downturn now but the long term prospects are still good. I need to know where you studied and how well you did in your B.E. If you are a First Class student, I believe you should be able to get into a M.S. program with financial assistance somewhere. Even otherwise it is good idea to upgrade your qualification as immigration to Canada for computer scientists is still not too difficult and future opportunities are excellent. Let me know details of your education.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birbal For This Useful Post:

amitsiddhu (August 3rd, 2012)

Login to view details.
    Sir Namaste

Thanks for your commendable effort atleast to help many JAT students who are willing to study abroad. Eventhough I was looking for someone who can guide me in same direction.

Sir I am B.E in Computer Sc. , 74% marks , topper, from <SIR> Chotu Ram State College of Engineering Murthal, Haryana. I completed my BE in 2000 and I have been working with a well known Telecom MNC as a software engineer since last 2 years.

I have around 2-3 years experiance in the feld of Computer networking also, prior to my BE.

I am seriously looking for an option to persue my higher studies in US. But now a days I am also thinking od PR to Australia or Canada.

Sir , please do advice me in this direction.Although I have a good job in my hand but I always dream to study abroad. I would appreciate if you guide me from where I can get financial assistance and How mush It will cost me. one of my classmate did his MS from Univerity of Southern Claifornia, But it is very costly to persue studies there.

Sir, You are into this education line , so sir , i am sure you are the best guide to me in this regard. It would be so niceof you if you can help me in persuing my higher studies in US.

I can get good recommendations from my college. One of our lecturer , Mr. Punia , he is also in Canada these days.

So sir please guide me ,Will my work experiance help me in getting into a good univeristy with financial assistance.

Sorry sir for asking too many questions, I hope you won't mind.

Please do communicate to me : any further information do you need to give me more accurate guidance, please let me know.

Best Regards

Ajay Nehra

ajay_nehra@yahoo.com
    desijaat@lycos.com

Dr. Birbal Singh (Nov 14, 2002 10:31 a.m.):
    I would welcome inquiries from jat students who want to come to North America for higher studies. I have a thorough knowledge of the universities in both Canada and USA. Depending on the credentials of a candidate I can suggest which universities are best suited for him/her. I can be of help for M.S. and Ph.D. in Engineering and Business as well as MBA.

Birbal Singh
    Professor of Mechanical Engineering
    Lakehead University
    Thunder Bay, Canada

Dear Mr. Nehra,

It would be my great pleasure if I can help few good Jat boys and girls in pursuing their goals for higher education.

Your credentials seem excellent. You would have no difficulty in getting Immigration for Canada. But my advice to you is to come to Canada or USA for M.S. in your field next September. It would help you immensly if you put some effort in writing the GRE which you can do on line. I suggest you prepare for it to do your best. If you do very well in GRE your chances of getting financial assistance will improve greatly even though you are not from one of the IITs. Even if you do not do extremely well, I will suggest you some decent universities (other than the top tier) where you can get admission. Some of these may not be very expensive. Most good students who come here without financial assistance initially, usually get some assistance soon. In the meantime after being here for a year as a graduate student you can apply for and obtain immigration.
    I am quite optimistic for your future. I will write you more on your personal email but I am writing here to give idea to other students who may read this.

Good luck.

Birbal Singh

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birbal For This Useful Post:

amitsiddhu (August 3rd, 2012), manish019 (November 8th, 2012)

Login to view details.
    Thanks a lot sir for your prompt response. I am sure you are going to make my dream come true one day. I appreciate your altruistic nature and ameliorating efforts for JAT community.

It gives me immence pleasure when I come to know any successfull JAt anywahere in world. It would be my pleasure to help JAT community as whole if someday I will at some position. I feel JATs need to do a lot in helping each other and becoming highly educated. There is no end to learning sir , but educational qualifications do metter.

Ok sir , I hope if you don't mind , can I be in touch with you in future also.

Best Regards

Ajay Nehra

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ajaynehra For This Useful Post:

manish019 (November 8th, 2012)

Ajay,

Of course, feel free to contact me any time. Right now if you email me a resume with details of work and education, I can give some specific suggestions.

Good luck.

Birbal Singh

Login to view details.
    Hi Sir
    Iam sandeep ,27yrs ,I did My BE electronics in 1997 with 64 % Since than I started working in Telecom and than switched to Software .I have more than 4 yrs of experience. Right now Iam working in a Government dept of BAHRAIN as a software professional.My Wife is A doctor Did her MBBS From Russia and Was working in INDIA.I want to is the Best Option For Us TO Migrate canada if it is than How much time can it take .Sir Do it help if u have any relative in canada Or shd I try For Admission In any university to get more chances for nice opportunity .Sir U r help is required.
    waiting for u r answer

Take Care
    Best Regards
    sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

For information on immigration to Canada, I would advise you to contact Col. Virendra Tavathia (Retd.) at veeru_tav@yahoo.com. His profile can be found in members list. I read a post from him once, and got in otuch with him as well. He is into vanandian immigration consulting thing i think.

cheers
    Anurag

Login to view details.
    Hi Sandeep,
    Canadian immigration is a very simple process , i do'nt think, a qualified person like you need any professional consulting help (in my opinion it will be a wastage of money).

make sure u or ur spouse satisfy following criteria
    1.Post graduate degree( husband or wife )
    2. minimum 4 yrs experience ...any field
    3. can speak, read write english
    4. under the age of 45

if you satisfy above conditions and you are medically fit...
    definitely you can get immigration at you own.

please visit this site
    www.cic.gc.ca
    and look for indepandant immigrant guides and forms.
    go through all documents and prepare your own application.

I am a canadian immigrant... i did my immigration at my own..
    if you need any help related to the process or documentation please drop me a mail.

NOTE : ABOVE INFORMATION IS FOR ALL JATS

Login to view details.
    Hi Sir
    Thanks for u r answers
    Where can I mail u as Iam very keen for this but require guidance.
    Best Regards
    sandeep

Login to view details.
    Hi Sandeep,
    please see ur mail(hotmail)...i have forward u some information.

Login to view details.
    Hi Sir
    Thanks for u r help
    Regards
    sandeep

Sandeep,

As stated in other messages, you are fully qualified for immigration to Canada on your own. You should apply as soon as possible as processing the application may take one year or longer. Just one suggestion, after you aply, just take few lesons in French as it will add marks (you need 75 out of 100).
    I see no difficulty in getting immigration. However, the chances of your wife getting anything in Canada are almost zero at present, but you need not worry, as she can write USMLEs (US Medical Licensing Exam) and if she does well there is good chance of getting some residency in US.
    So look up at www.gc.ca and click English and then services for non-canadians. You get clear information on skilled worker criteria.

Good luck.

Birbal Singh

Login to view details.
    Thanks to all

Best regards

sandeep

Dr Birbal Singh ji, Dagar Bhai and Anurag,
    Good community service, keep it up.

...Ranvir

I have received many inquiries directly to my office email and I have responded to all so far.

I am President of the Faculty Association at my university and will be away for a meeting in Ottawa from Nov. 20-25 next week. So, if I
    do not respond for several days please do not feel that I am ignoring any one. I will respond to all once I come back.

Birbal Singh

Login to view details.
    Dear Doctor Saab,
    I cant thank you enough for your help and valuable advice.I am sure your help and advice will go a long way in helping me gain admission into a good grad school. I really wish we had more people like you.
    Thanx again,
    rahul

Dear Dr Birbal singh
    Welcome to the jatland.
    You are doing great service to the jat community- many congratulations.
    & Best wishes.
    Thank you very much.
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Dear Mr. Birbal Singh,
    It is good to see your posting on the site for such a noble thinking(helping others to rise in life). Iam a Jat boy from Delhi. My Educational Qualifications are:-

1) B.E (Electronics) from Pune University With second Class.

2) MBA(Diploma) in Marketing and Information Technology from Delhi with First Class.
    I did my MBA from FORE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT after clearing CAT examination for management.

3) Approximately 3(1/2) years of Work Experience in the field of Marketing and Information Technology.

Presently Iam working in a software MNC in CRMG department(Customer Relationship Management Group).

I would to like to proceed for a P.hd program in Management(Marketing). I need your help in this regard. Please comment on my chances of Getting an admission (and Financial Aid ) in America or Canada for the P.hd program.

With Regards,
    Tajveer Solanki