Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Rank One Pension (OROP) for Defence Pensioners

The 2nd lot of medals amounting to over 3000 + collected from all over India were displayed at Jantar Mantar today 21 Feb 2009 and were neatly packed in 2 Cartons in front of Media presence and solmenly taken to the Rashtrapati Bhawan at 1600 hrs by the following Veterans in 2 Police Vehicles.

Army:

1. Maj Gen Satbir Singh
    2. Maj Gen Balbir Kataria
    3. Col Kirit Joshipura
    4. Col K Bhardwaj
    5. Sub R Swarup
    6. Hav Balwan

Navy :

1. Cmde LK Batra
    2. Cdr Sharan Ahuja
    3. Chief Petty Officer RS Chauhan

Air Force:

1. Gp Capt Gandhi
    2. Wg Cdr CK Sharma
    3. Warrant Officer Bala

The medals were handed over to the Deputy Secretary at the Rashtrapati's Secretariat where in Maj Gen Satbir apprised him of the pending request to hand over the next set of medals on 28 Feb 2009 in person to the Hon President , the Supreme Commader of the Armed Forces. Our request of meeting the President by the IESM reps has not been granted since last 2 months.

posted by bls31

I heard that Brig Gulia, president Ex-servicemen league & his chamchas are trying their best to derail our efforts. If it is true than very very unfortunate, we should be careful of him. Rest God is there, we must continue our efforts

It is heard that one of our brother has gone to Delhi High court, good addition to our efforts & totally justified because on the bases or for the reasons, salaries of employees are increased, the same bases or reasons are applicable to pensioners also. Price rise, value of money requirements of individual etc are same for persent empolyees, employees retd before 2006 & those who retd after 2006, infact requirement of money increases with the increase of age due to reducing strength to work & increasing problems of medical etc. regards

Quote Originally Posted by bls31 View Post
    The program on our pensions which was scheduled for 18th Feb 2009 will now be telecast on Friday, the 20th Feb 2009 at 1730 hrs and Monday 23rd Feb at 2230 hrs.
    The change became necessary because of Mr Obama's program. Our apologies (a million of them) for any inconvenience which this may have caused to you>
    Regards,
    Surjit
    PS Just to remind you : It will be on CNBC TV 18 and it is Karan Thapar's program entitled, "India Tonight"

Posted by bls31 .

Those interested may like to see Karan Thapar' programme

Sir,
    Good effort. Don't let these guys off easily.
    As far as that President of India is concerned, she looks and acts like an ayah ... she was the ayah for Indira Gandhi .... she is a shame on our nation ... my head hangs in shame that she is the President.
    Last edited by satyeshwar; February 26th, 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: No abusive language!

Sad

Our request of meeting the President by the IESM reps has not been granted since last 2 months.
    How disappointing that as long as soldiers were in service they coud still get some hearing in the corridors of power, once retired they are discarded like tissue paper !

Ambani lallu Pinyari Vijayan Fr Christopher etc will get n appointment in minutes........... not soldiers>

By the way, shreemanji. Don't you think its time to discard this British-heaviness since most ex-servicement are ordinary Indians. Time to find Indian equivalent of OROP ... and like.
    - In the ordinary course of nature thousands upon thousands are born every day, but he alone is truly born whose birth leads to the elevation of his race.

The medals were handed over to the Deputy Secretary at the Rashtrapati's Secretariat where in Maj Gen Satbir apprised him of the pending request to hand over the next set of medals on 28 Feb 2009 in person to the Hon President , the Supreme Commader of the Armed Forces. Our request of meeting the President by the IESM reps has not been granted since last 2 months.

posted by bls31

Sir,
    I am not sure about the Supreme commander of Armed Forces ... thats heavy.
    Why do you have to wait for 2 months - just pop into Sonia Gandhi's kitchen - you will find Smita Patil - or whatever her name is over there frying chicken.

Dear Cooleagues,
    Jantar Mantar venue is manned by Jhajjar and Gurgaon ESM jointly.
    Meeting the President
    Meeting with the President is scheduled tomorrow. We have selected a balanced delegation to represent us. It comprises officers and PBOR, representatives of the three Services and an OR widow. We will project our demand with clarity and emphasis. Let us hope the meeting with the Supreme Commander proves fruitful and satisfying.
    Best regards,

Lt Gen (Emeritus) Raj Kadyan, PVSM, AVSM, VSM
    Chairman IESM
    262, Sector-17A
    Gurgaon- 122 001
    Tele: 91+124-4015262
    91+ 98112266

posted by bls31

All the best Sir.

Dear Cooleagues,
    Jantar Mantar venue is manned by Jhajjar and Gurgaon ESM jointly.
    Meeting the President
    Meeting with the President is scheduled tomorrow. We have selected a balanced delegation to represent us. It comprises officers and PBOR, representatives of the three Services and an OR widow. We will project our demand with clarity and emphasis. Let us hope the meeting with the Supreme Commander proves fruitful and satisfying.
    Best regards,

Lt Gen (Emeritus) Raj Kadyan, PVSM, AVSM, VSM
    Chairman IESM
    262, Sector-17A
    Gurgaon- 122 001
    Tele: 91+124-4015262
    91+ 98112266

posted by bls31

Indian Ex Servicemen Movement (IESM) Delegation Meets President on 09 Mar 2009

Dear Members of the Media

1. IESM delegation consisting of Lt Gen Raj Kadyan, Chairman IESM, Maj Gen Satbir Singh, Vice Chairman, Maj Gen PK Renjan, Commander Sharan Ahuja(IN), Colonel Kanwar Bhardwaj,Warrant Officer PR Balathilakan, Smt Krishna Yadav widow of Late Naik Jai Bhagwan Yadav met President, the Supreme Commander of Defence Forces in connection with their demand of Pension Parity. The delegation was surprised to know from the President that she was not informed of our requests for an audience on three earlier occasions. IESM had sent letters addressed to the President three time ie in Nov 2008, Jan 2009 & Feb 2009 requesting her for audience at the time of handing over of Medals on 08 Feb 2009 & 21 Feb 2009. Obviously, the bureaucrats at Rashtrapati Bhavan had not apprised the President regarding our requests. This is how the bureaucracy has treated the sentiments of soldiers who wanted to handover their most valued possession to the Supreme Commander.
    2. The President listened patiently to the briefing by the delegation on their demands and reasons therefor. The delegation presented the Memorandum (Copy enclosed) to the President requesting her for her intervention in the matter. Photo of the event is also enclosed.

With Kind Regards,
    Jai Hind
    Yours Sincerely,
    Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
    Vice Chairman Indian ESM Movement
    Mobile: 9312404269, 0124-4110570
    Email: satbirsm@yahoo.com

posted by BLS31

Thumbs down

Some of the members are taking anti advantage of the movement. One Mr Shakti Singh had been informing memebers (cont numbers have been collected from Jantar Mantar) about a meeting to be held in Gajiabad on 08/03/09, to select a committee for the NCR. I, alongwith four other ESM went there as per the schedule. To our utter surprise, it was found to be a private/political meeting organised by Col Tyagi and others. Likewise other ESM were also made fools. The matter was reported to Gen.Satbir Singh then and there. Such practices must be discouraged.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Next date to return Medals on 14/03/2009 to Honra'ble President. All left out Ex-Servicemen are requested to deposite their Medals at Jantar-Mantar on any day before these dates. For further information, pl follow this link : http://www.reportmysignal.blogspot.com

According to reports, about 13,000 medals have so far been returned by ex-servicemen. This is a startling news and is dangerous to national security. One such report appeared today:

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/edit...7_5313074.html

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Mar 15, 12:17 am
    नई दिल्ली, जागरण संवाददाता
    एक रैंक, एक पेंशन की मांग को लेकर सड़कों पर उतरे पूर्व सैन्य अधिकारियों एवं पूर्व सैनिकों ने शनिवार को फिर राष्ट्रपति को साढ़े सात हजार मेडल लौटा दिए। इनमें शौर्य चक्र, वीर चक्र, परम विशिष्ट सेवा पदक, अति विशिष्ट सेवा पदक सहित दर्जनों मेडल शामिल थे। इससे पहले 8 फरवरी को 2500 एवं 21 फरवरी को लगभग 3000 मेडल पूर्व सैन्य अधिकारी राष्ट्रपति को लौटा चुके हैं।
    बावजूद इसके जब सरकार टस से मस नहीं हुई तो इन लोगों ने तीसरी बार सम्मान वापस करने का फैसला लिया। पूर्व की तरह शनिवार को भी राष्ट्रपति भवन में एक वरिष्ठ अधिकारी ने सभी मेडल ग्रहण किए। इस मौके पर कई पूर्व अधिकारी अपने आपको रोक नहीं पाए। उनकी आंखें छलक उठीं। उनका कहना था कि जिंदगी भर की कमाई इज्जत और सम्मान को सीने से उतारना बड़ा मुश्किल कदम है। एक मेडल के लिए फौजी दुश्मनों की अनगिनत गोलियों को झेल जाता है। इसके बाद उसकी छाती पर मेडल लटकाया जाता है। लेकिन, सरकार ने इसकी अहमियत नहीं समझी।
    आंदोलन की अगुवाई कर रहे भारतीय पूर्व सैनिक आंदोलन के उपाध्यक्ष मेजर जनरल सतवीर सिंह ने कहा कि संघर्ष जारी रहेगा। देश भर में लगभग 24 लाख पूर्व सैनिक सरकार की गलत नीतियों के शिकार हो रहे हैं। यही कारण है कि पूर्व सैनिक देशव्यापी आंदोलन

posted by bls31

To,
    All Members And ESM Organisations
    On Emailing List of "Report My Signal".
    Dear Friends,
    Jai Hind.

Some of the emails received from the members are reproduced below.
    On behalf of YOU ALL, 'i' thank all the members who have sent these emails to us.
    The visit of Shri LK Advani to IESM at Jantar Mantar will now be on 18 Mar 09. The time of visit is yet to be finalised.
    Veterans living in and around NCR should kindly make it convenient to be at Jantar Mantar when Shree Advani visit there. We will intimate the time to you by tomorrow evening.

In Service of Indian Military Veterans
    Chander Kamboj.

posted by bls31

Political Shenanigans
    During the morning tele contact with the BJP they mentioned that instead of Mr Advani, some other senior BJP leader would come to Jantar Mantar. I told him that we do not normally let politicians use our IESM forums. (You might be aware that during our rally at India Gate on 27 May 2008, When Mr George Fernades arrived uninvited and wanted to ‘address’ us, I sent him away from the pavement only). I further added that we were making an exception in case of Mr Advani keeping in mind his special status and the firm support expected for our cause. Any other leader will not have the same impact. He suggested that we visit Mr Advani’s residence in large number for ‘media opportunity’. This I politely declined. I also pointed out that as gleaned from media reports Mr Advani has merely said that they will include OROP in their manifesto, and this is no different from the Congress manifesto. I clarified that this would not inspire confidence among the ESM community. I reiterated that we want a committal announcement that if voted to power they WILL implement OROP within a specified timeline.

posted by bls31

This was a very important point which has been raised by sachin. The short service commission officers(SSCO) are given second grade treatment............Probably the ESM organigations and the Government have started diluting their outlook towards this breed of commissioned officers who form thebackbone in operations as young officers, sacrifice their youth andwalk off from service when they actually need to leverage the benefitsof service perks.. As per my understanding the paucity of officers in the armed forces is in the levels of Lt Cols and below. As an SS officer you can serve up to the rank of Major. Ideally in the army you are worth your salt only in your young days to lead the men into war and CI-Ops... thereafter you are just administering the daily routine which anyone can do. So an SS officer is a guinea-pig who will be sorted out during the younger days of his life and then gradually shown the way out after 5/10 years......and when he comes out after 5/10years he will be in his thirties with a family to look after. He will get nothing but a useless CSD facility and nothing more.....the army can use him during the prime of his life and then leave him...no pension benefits reqd to be paid......so a win win situation for the army but a lost situation for the officer. He is left high and dry..... If Directorate Genral Of Resettlement (DGR) or MOD wants to retain it's image of serving the interests of only the regular officers there is no porblem et all. It's a question of policy, but my point is.. nothing should be hidden from the people of this country. The People must know the facts after having served for several years most of us are left in the lurch without any thing solid with us. Its high time to know that how many times our ESM Organizations have raised their voices against the disparity and let's hear their view about the SS officers and let the public know about it let us know the reason why an officer after having served for 5/10 years is not entitled for ECHS just because he was a SS officer ? Let's know why a SS officer is denied entry into Defence Officers' Institute(DOI) or DSOI Delhi for that matter,where as the son of Mr Mulayam Singh is invited to become the member of DOI in Lucknow. What great has been done by Mr Akhilesh Yadav apart from marrying the daughter of a Lt Col and being a person of controversial nature. We have given our youth and fought for our Nation with the same valour and courage as anyone else did. We do not deserve this kind of treatment.................... I do not want to victimize any one but believe that the nation must know about the outlook of the Army towards it's own ex officers. Awaiting your comments
    Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    ye bilkul sahan nahi hoga bhai,,,aur inke Muqaable maine suna hai ki jo Short Service Commissioned Officers hote hain unhe kuchh nahi miltaa if they opt out after 5 yrs of service or 10 yrs of service if extension is taken. These officers give youth of their lives and serve in hostile conditions and they are denied all these privileges saying that it was mentioned in the contract.....

ye Contract MLA/MP ke aise kyon nahi bante,,,,,Taana-shaahi nahi chalegi
    When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Talking

Jab puppet president or puppet p.m honge to isse jyada umeed nahi ki ja sakti. Jab mumbai terror attack hua to congressio ne bar bar ulti sidhi bayanbaji ki thi . Aap hi bataye jo party desh ke sahido ka samman nahi kar sakti use medal wapis lene me saram kyon aayegi.Yeh party 4 sall tak left parties ke sath left-right khelti rahi or Center se chipki rahi or ab Mulayam ke sath MULLA- MULLA khel rahi hai.THEY DONT HAVE TIME FOR EX-SOLDIERS. THEY ARE BUSY TO HOLD THEIR MINORITY VOTES.
    Sirf vajpai ji the jinhone kargil sahido ko pura man samman diya tha.
    Jai hind
    jai bharat
    jai ho congress
    Last edited by gajender; March 18th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Login to view details.
    To all JLs those who are Es-Servicemen or related to ESM or have burning desire in their heart for the cause of ESM ----------

IESM: Invitation to Press for Maha Rally on 12 April 2009 at Jantar Mantar

Dated: 05 Apr 2009
    Dear Friends,
    1. Press Invitation for Maha Rally at Jantar Mantar New Delhi and return of medals to the President for the 4th time on 12 Apr 2009 at 11 AM is enclosed. May I request all ESM organizations and individual ESM who have any connection/liaison with the media to kindly arrange maximum coverage of the event and give wide publicity.
    2. Friends, neither any Govt functionary has visited Jantar Mantar to talk to us nor has the UPA Govt accepted our long pending demand of One Rank One Pension. This unfair and unjust attitude of the Govt is causing us extreme anguish and dismay. One of the reasons the politicians and bureaucrats give, is that we have no Voting Power. We therefore, need to intensify our Movement to not only press for our demands but also showcase our “power of the Votes”.
    3. Maximum ESM organizations and individual ESM across the country are therefore requested to attend the Maha Rally on 12th Apr 09 at Jantar Mantar New Delhi positively. We should resolve to ensure that in the coming Lok Sabha Elections, only those political parties and individuals will get Defence Personnel Votes who will “Restore our status, respect and accept our demands”. The collective whole of Defence Personnel both serving and veterans must showcase our “Power of the Vote” in such a way that Governments here after give us our due Justice.
    4. Every ESM organization and individual ESM who receive this mail must forward it to as many ESM as possible and also give wide publicity. Please motivate others to attend the Rally on 12 Apr 09 at 11 AM. You should also request our dependents and supporters to attend the Rally and make it a grand success.
    5. IESM is the Movement of all ESM across the country. Friends, numbers matter. May I therefore, request all ESM organizations and individual ESM to become members of IESM at the earliest.
    “JE TUJHE MUJHE MILAN KA CHAO SIR DHAR TALI GALI MERI AAO”.
    “SAR FIROSHI KI TAMMNA AB” HAMARE DIL ME HAI.
    With regards,
    Jai Hind
    Yours Sincerely,
    Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM

Invitation

Login to view details.
    SONIA JI , `WE ACT ' you say . Please tell this to a soldier . Since you have none in your family order one at random from any railway station . First ask him why did he choose blue sky for a roof .What makes him court death and danger in barren lands where grows not a blade of grass? Coax him to tell you , what thrills him more than over- running an enemy position or liquidating a terrorist. And what makes him think the bullet that could get him is yet to be manufactured ? Ask him in confidence how does it feel to lose a comrade .Then shoot all of your requests for votes ,use all the clichés ,all the stereotypes at your command, leave nothing unsaid . And see if he agrees to vote for your party . But please don’t brand him a strange creature if he dares to differ because to him there are even stranger creatures in civil clothes - and cruel too .(Bharat)!!
    Last edited by rajpawariya; April 15th, 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Addition

Ex-serviceman supports BJP

BJP is gaining popularity with Army men. This has become obvious after an influential ex-servicemen's group has now publicly advised the military community to vote for the party. The advise sounds more like a fatwa.

Former deputy chief of the Army, Lt General Raj Kadyan says, "It is in our interest that we should vote for the BJP."

For the first time ever, India's sizeable and well-regarded military community has been openly asked to vote for a particular political party.

I am looking for the benefit of my community, my 24 lakh ex-servicemen. And their benefits, as the developments are today, lie with the BJP. They are better than the others," Lt General Kadyan states.

The ex-Servicemen's Group Lt General Kadyan heads has campaigned for a better pay and pension deal for the military and its views are thought to find resonance in the Armed Forces. Spurred by the success, it now seeks a bigger political voice for the men in uniform.

This is the first time that discontent in the military is being expressed politically. The target of the anger is the ruling establishment. And the advisory to vote against the Government of the day is unprecedented.

The UPA Government, accused of being insensitive to the interests of soldiers, was demonised but former generals think that the use of political vocabulary to make their case is fair game.

"We have realised that unless we have a political voice, the Government will not understand the value of our vote. The Government must realise that we have a vote too," says Major General (retd) AJB Jaini.

India has long held to the belief that its military is apolitical but democracy is clearly catching up with the men of arms.
    :thappad"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.":rock