Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summing up: "jat" history

Summing up: "jat" history

One song says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSN3h_C-VII

Best of friends, worst of worst enemies. Rest is life.

Shantanu ji where is Jat history in this link ?
    Laxman Burdak

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2012), nrao (December 6th, 2012)

Burdak uncle, is "Jat" a spirit, a state of mind, a mortal human or a phenomena?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2012)

The word Jat denotes a community and nothing else!

For summing up the History of the Jats, first, share something on history. Therefore, the heading of the thread is misleading where without writing a line on history of the community you say summing up Jat history.

If you are interested to know the history of the Jats kindly read some good books or log in to the pages of Jat history on the Wiki pages of the Jatland.com

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (December 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post

For summing up the History of the Jats, first, share something on history. Therefore, the heading of the thread is misleading where without writing a line on history of the community you say summing up Jat history.

If you are interested to know the history of the Jats kindly read some good books or log in to the pages of Jat history on the Wiki pages of the Jatland.com

Thanks
    U are right, i think there also a need to bring in new perspective to old history. In old times the history of a community was written based on the writer's ability to obtain knowledge. Which in case of "Jat" history has been limited to a defined geographical area. These days things have changed a lot due to internet and ability of any individual to access scientific, historical, archaeological or any other kind of information across the globe. One should also be able to separate religious, mythological aspects of old information and bring out faction information.
    I wish the people working on "Jat", community history best of luck. It is better if people do this work in more scientific and factual manner, where research is isolated from political, religious and other influences. This will serve some thing good in the changing times of India and "Jat" community.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; December 6th, 2012 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks

Apart from wiki pages there is a need to maintain, a scientific and factual book. Where facts are verified and documented.

Like one historian told me: Hungary = Hun + Garhi.
    Garhi = "fort".
    If family name "Malik" is searched in country "Hungary". There are lot of people with this family name. It connects with old "Austrohungarian Empire".
    I once had a talk with an Hungarian couple and they told me, there were people who lived in "Hungary" long before Changez khan the hun, Turks( Suleiman the great) and Magyars migrated to present day country Hungary.

Maybe "Malik" family name has the same roots of these old "Hungarian settlers".
    Magyars were the latter settlers in Hungary, who were connected with present day Finnish people. Interestingly history of before Christ in Hungary is not that clear and maybe manipulated due to certain economic, political and other factors.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; December 5th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    U are right, i think there also a need to bring in new perspective to old history. In old times the history of a community was written based on the writer's ability to obtain knowledge. Which in case of "Jat" history has been limited to a defined geographical area. These days things have changed a lot due to internet and ability of any individual to access scientific, historical, archaeological or any other kind of information across the globe. One should also be able to separate religious, mythological aspects of old information and bring out faction information.
    I wish the people working on "Jat", community history best of luck. It is better is people do this work in more scientific and factual manner, where research is isolated from political, religious and other influences. This will serve some thing good in the changing times of India and "Jat" community.

One group of people that need to investigated are these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephthalite_Empire

There was a king called "Lakhana", Lakhan is a common name in "Jats".
    Last edited by maddhan1979; December 5th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Apart from wiki pages there is a need to maintain, a scientific and factual book. Where facts are verified and documented.

Like one historian told me: Hungary = Hun + Garhi.
    Garhi = "fort".
    If family name "Malik" is searched in country "Hungary". There are lot of people with this family name. It connects with old "Austrohungarian Empire".
    I once had a talk with an Hungarian couple and they told me, there were people who lived in "Hungary" long before Attila the hun, Turks( Suleiman the great) and Magyars migrated to present day country Hungary.

Maybe "Malik" family name has the same roots of these old "Hungarian settlers".
    Magyars were the latter settlers in Hungary, who were connected with present day Finnish people. Interestingly history of before Christ in Hungary is not that clear and maybe manipulated due to certain economic, political and other factors.
    You are a promising scholar so share all your knowledge by opening new vistas of research in Jat History.

Best wishes and hope to see more interesting objective research based on original sources !!!

You are a promising scholar so share all your knowledge by opening new vistas of research in Jat History.

Best wishes and hope to see more interesting objective research based on original sources !!!

Some minor correction : It was not "attila the hun", rather it was "changez khan the hun".

Hmmmm,,,, i am facing a bit of opposition and different groups are involved with their vestigial interests.

There are lot of people who write the family names with "Han" in Europe.
    We also have Lohan in India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_League

Han+seatic league, and family name Han is common.

Hmmmm,,,, i am facing a bit of opposition and different groups are involved with their vestigial interests.
    gir jane ke darse koi chalna to nahin chhor deta ! bahadur bano aur virodhioyon ko itihas mein apne kaam ke dam per maat dekar dikhawo !!!

gir jane ke darse koi chalna to nahin chhor deta ! bahadur bano aur virodhioyon ko itihas mein apne kaam ke dam per maat dekar dikhawo !!!
    Everyone wants a piece of pie and everyone wants to gun for glory.

Then there are those people driven by past experiences and emotions related with 2ndww and past history of these area. Such people and other groups combine with other forces, try to create chaos and then there are groups who are trying to en-cash on the information, that i seek and have and put them out in negative form through media and other means.
    I am not going to tell u personal experiences i had with people of my own country who belonged to certain parts of my own country and i could see they were trying to create situations and images.
    In Europe, Europeans have little information about the facts that i state, people in the field of history and other fields do have these information.
    Here history is taught in very limited kontext.

All of the above points take authenticity of the "work" away from human migration, human history and other ancient links.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; December 6th, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Everyone wants a piece of pie and everyone wants to gun for glory.

Then there are those people driven by past experiences and emotions related with 2ndww and past history of these area. Such people and other groups combine with other forces, try to create chaos and then there are groups who are trying to en-cash on the information, that i seek and have and put them out in negative form through media and other means.
    I am not going to tell u personal experiences i had with people of my own country who belonged to certain parts of my own country and i could see they were trying to create situations and images.
    In Europe, Europeans have little information about the facts that i state, people in the field of history and other fields do have these information.

All of the above points take authenticity of the "work" away from human migration, human history and other links ancient links.

I arrived in Europe 5 years ago and these things have been happening since then in one form or the other. Then there are groups of "Indian origin" living outside and they have their own interest. These are the groups besides local groups and outside Europe groups. Media en cashes on these things.

I arrived in Europe 5 years ago and these things have been happening since then in one form or the other. Then there are groups of "Indian origin" living outside and they have their own interest. These are the groups besides local groups and outside Europe groups. Media en cashes on these things.
    This section is not proper platform for personal discussion or dialogue. We can switch over to private message section for this purpose, if necessary. History section is for discussion on history of the Jats, please.

Some minor correction : It was not "attila the hun", rather it was "changez khan the hun".

You mean Attila and Genghis Khan were both Huns? What role did Mongols play then?
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

everyone wants a piece of pie and everyone wants to gun for glory.

Then there are those people driven by past experiences and emotions related with 2ndww and past history of these area. such people and other groups combine with other forces, try to create chaos . Then there are groups who are trying to en-cash on the information, that i seek and then these groups put such information out in negative form through media and other means.
    i am not going to tell u personal experiences i had with people of my own country who belonged to certain parts of my own country and i could see they were trying to create situations and images.
    In europe, europeans have little information about the facts that i state, people in the field of history and other fields do have these information.

All of the above points take authenticity of the "work" away from human migration, human history and other links ancient links.
    some correction to old content in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    You mean Attila and Genghis Khan were both Huns? What role did Mongols play then?
    The concept of "Hun", relate with central Asian nomadic tribes, which existed at different point of time in history.

Changez Khan, was Mongoloid Hun. He appeared later part of history in central Asia. It seems there were various different central Asian tribes living in central Asia all the way till north India. At certain point of time in history these tribes started moving towards west and more down south. This might coincide with Chinese building great wall of China, it was made to keep the nomadic herds invading China from the west and north. Due to change in climatic conditions and other situations these great herds of Indo-Europeans, started moving west. These were various different tribes. They left a semi vacant space in central Asia. I say semi vacant space because not all the herds moved together as these were different tribes living together or separately. This vacant space was filled by the Mongoloid origin tribes who later mixed with Indo-European tribes still left behind in central Asia. If u look at faces of central Asians they look a mix between Mongolian people and Indo- European people.

This documentary might shed some light on Indo-European people and their lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQgMCmnBNw
    Last edited by maddhan1979; December 6th, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

Scythains, were one of the tribes, there were other central Asian tribes as well. In India, one such tribe of White Huns or Hapthelites moved deep inside India all the way till Mathura around 4th century AD. Incredibly, this is also the outer boundary of "Jats" in one sense. After "Mathura", "Jats" become less in number.

One of their King was "Lakhana".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hu...esign5thCE.JPG

This is very common nose on "Jat" faces.

The concept of "Hun", relate with central Asian nomadic tribes, which existed at different point of time in history.

Changez Khan, was Mongoloid Hun. He appeared later part of history in central Asia. It seems there were various different central Asian tribes living in central Asia all the way till north India. At certain point of time in history these tribes started moving towards west and more down south. This might coincide with Chinese building great wall of China, it was made to keep the nomadic herds invading China from the west and north. Due to change in climatic conditions and other situations these great herds of Indo-Europeans, started moving west. These were various different tribes. They left a semi vacant space in central Asia. I say semi vacant space because not all the herds moved together as these were different tribes living together or separately. This vacant space was filled by the Mongoloid origin tribes who later mixed with Indo-European tribes still left behind in central Asia. If u look at faces of central Asians they look a mix between Mongolian people and Indo- European people.

This documentary might shed some light on Indo-European people and their lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQgMCmnBNw

We should remember these tribes were warriors by nature. Their existence was known in Ancient India and these people lived all the way from North India till central Asia and maybe even above. These tribes were mostly involved in "wars" and founded the north Bharat Kings. Other communities always lived on their left overs after their wars that were the women and wealth. In any war two things have been taken away for ages "Women and Wealth". So lot of women of these tribes were taken as slaves or by other local communities after the warriors of their clan died. These wars were in different names in the name of Inter king conflicts, in the name of religions in the name of wealth, in the name of territories and so on.

Horses and drinking of milk was the main characteristic of these tribes. In past "Jats" were always horse born warriors. Horses and "Jats" used to be one.

This fact is shown by their fighting power as cavalry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Murray's_Jat_Lancers

I guess in recent times "Jats" have ceased to forget their blood friend "the Horse". Neither do they know, how to care for them nor do they know, how to ride them.

A tree which gets dry from its roots, starves away in the form of dry wood, which is left to be decayed, hollowed and left to be eaten by insects.