Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The famous Jat people

Dear all Namaste,

Prof. T. P. Singh, Prof. & Head from 1984, Dean (Examination), ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES - NEW DELHI. He is a renowned scientist in the world.

He has published more than 200 papers in very high impact factor journals and doing great in his field.

Awards:

• JC Bose Memorial Award, 2005
    • Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 1977
    • Canadian Development Agency Award, 1999
    • Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, 1994
    • Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, 1998
    • Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy, 2000 -
    • Fellow of the Third World Academy of Sciences : F.T.W.A.S. 2003 -
    • Member of the Commission on Biological Macromolecules of the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) (2005 - 2008)
    • Executive member of the International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (2002-2005)
    • Member Secretary of the INSA National Committee for IUPAB (1988 - 91)
    • Member of the INSA National Committee for International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (1985 - 88)
    • Member of the INSA National Committee for International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) (2000 - 2003)
    • Ex-officio member of the Joint National Committee of INSA for IUPAB and IUCr (2002 - 2005) , (2005 - 2008)
    • Member of a committee to select fellows for Indian National Science Academy (2001 - 2003)
    • Member of the Committee to select fellows for the Indian Academy of Sciences, 2005
    • Member of the Indian Biophysical Society since 1977
    • Member of the Society of Biological Chemists of India , 1982
    • Vice President of the Indian Biophysical society (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), since 2000
    • Member Technology Development Board on Pharmaceutical Industry (2002)
    • Member of the Senate of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, (2001 - 2002)
    • Chairman of the DST Committee for the Fast Track Programme in life Sciences (2002 - 2004) , (2005 - 2007)
    • Member of the Apex Committee of the DBT for the programme support at I.I.Sc. Bangalore (1998 - 2001), (2002 - 2004) , (2005 - 2008)
    • Member of the Programme Advisory Committee of DST on Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology including Microbiology (1996 - 1998) , (1999 - 2001)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Basic Biology / Modern Biology (1996 - 1998) , (1999 - 2001)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Infrastructure (2001-2003) , (2004 - 2006) , (2006 – 2008)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Bioinformatics (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the Advisory Committee of Biotechnology Teaching Programme of the Biotechnology Centre, JNU (2002)
    • Member of the Executive Committee of the Bioinformatics Centre at Madurai Kamraj University (2002 - 2003)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Biotechnology Unit of AMU, Aligarh (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Research Area Panel of the National Institute of Immunology (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the School of Life Sciences, JNU (1988 - 1990) , (1991 - 1993)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the Centre for Biotechnology, JNU (1991 - 1993) , (1994 - 1996) , (1997 - 1999) , (2000 - 2002) , (2003 - 2005)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the Special Centre of Molecular Medicine, JNU (2001 - 2003) , (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the School of Environmental Sciences, JNU (2001-2003) , (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi, (2002 - 2004), (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, (2005 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, (2005 - 2006)
    • Member of the Executive Council of the Centre of Bioinformatics, Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, 2005
    • Member of the Academic Council of the Central Unversityof Hyderabad, 2006 - 2007
    • Executive member of the Council of the International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (2005 - 2008)
    • K.K.Foundation National Award for Science and Technology, 2001
    • Chairman of the Fast-Track Programme of DST in Life Sciences, 2001 – 2003
    • Member of the Technology Development Board on Pharmaceutical Industry, 2002 - 2003
    • Executive member of the Council of International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics, 2002 – 2005
    • Max-Planck - Humbodt Award - 1999
    • Canadian Development Agency Award - 1991
    • Danish International Development Agency Award - 1978
    • First Rank in M.Sc. in the University of Allahabad - 1971

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Theek Kaatya Rog bhai Prashantey ..Ebb ke dattega yoh :D Marr gya haans haans ke.. KOTHLI aali baat pe... Gudd ki Bhelli leke aaniye ki baat dekhe tha yoh.... :D

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet
    oooooo ALOO kE PARAMTEE..............ya ke karan laag rra tu...............sushant singh...... sushant singh............sushantee ke naam ka GOBBER tah diya tai............ ROOKKA @ GOBBER@ ALOO KA PARAMTAA............tu ek baat haamne ......yu SUSHANT tharra RISTEDAAR hai ke...........ROOKA@ RISTEDAAR....... kaal tai tu sushant suhant kar rha tu kuch haamne bhi to bata iski HISTORY......... berere berre mharre tai pocche ek yu SUSHANT kaun hai ? ...... are AHMAK haam ke iski MAA KA JAPPA kahad ke aaye the.......... ROOKKA @ MAA KA JAPPA.......... ya tu gaya tha iske HUE KI KOTHLLI leke............ ROOKA @ HUE KI KOTHLLI.............. eib tu nu kar ya to iska saara pothha khol de mharre saamhi............. na to fer jo iska jikkra ne tai........ to koon main GHESLAA dhara........ soch liye aapna aaga peechha................ ROOKKA @ KOON MAIN GHESLAA

Harveer Singh Gulia

Harveer Singh Gulia was a Jat hero of the Gulia Clan. He was from the village Badli; district Rohtak in Haryana, India. He was 22 years old when fought war with Timur. He was a strong and brave warrior. His attack on Timur led to Timur's death.

Attack of Timur
    In 1398 AD Timur made a ferocious attack on India with 92,000 horsemen. On receiving the news of Timur's total and open looting and destruction, in Vikram Samvat 1455(1398 AD), kartick badi 5, Raja Devpala (who was born in the village of Nirpradha, District Meerut in a Jat family), who was in charge of the of the Haryana SarvKhap Panchayat, called a Mahapanchayat in the jungles in the middle of the villages of Tikri, Doghat, and Daha.The chief committee passed the following resolutions:

1) All villages would be emptied.

2) The elders and women, and children would be taken to safe places

3) All able-bodied men would join the army of the SarvKhap

4) The young women would also take up arms like the men.

5) The army of Timur, which was advancing from Delhi to Haridwar, would be fought with Guerilla warfare, and the water in his way would be poisoned.

6) 500 young horsemen would follow Timur and report his whereabouts to the SarvKhap army.

The Panchayat Army
    The Panchayat Army: Under the flag of the panchayat, 80,000 warrior soldiers (Mulls) and 40,000 young women joined together. These heroes also handled all the arrangements of the war material. From hundreds of miles around Delhi Heroic warriors came to the battlefield ready to sacrifice their lives. All the young men and women took up arms. Dharampal Dev a Jat warrior, who was 95 years old, played a great part in gathering together this army. He traveled day and night on horseback to encourage men and women and gather the army. His brother Karan Pal helped arrange money, grain, and clothing for the army. The choosing of the Supreme General, the deputy general and the other generals. In this endeavor of the SarvKhap, the hero warrior Jograj Singh Gujar was chosen Supreme General. He was of the Clan Khubar Parmar, and hailed from a village near Haridwar called Kunja. The general chosen from among the heroic maidens were

1) Rampiari Gujar,

2) Hardai Jat,

2) DeviKaur Rajput,

3) Chandro Brahmin, and

4) Ramdai Tyagi.

All of them took a vow to lay down their lives in defence of their nation. Two Deputy Generals were chosen -

1) Dhula Bhangi (Valmiki),

(2) Harbir Singh Gulia Jat,

Dhula Bhangi was a resident of the Village of Hansi, near Hissar. He was a strong and powerful brave warrior. The second deputy general was Harveer Singh Jat, of the Gulia Clan. He was from the village Badli, district Rohtak I Haryana. He was 22 years old. He weighed 53 Dharis (approx. 160 kilograms). He was strong and brave warrior. The names of the generals were

1) Gaje Singh Jat Gatwala, 2) Tuhiram Rajput, 3) Nedha Rawa, 4) Sarju Brahmin, 5) Umra Taga (Tyagi), and 6) Durjanpal Ahir. The deputy generals chosen were 1) Kundan Jat, 2) Dhari Gadariya, who was a Dhari, 3) Bhondhu Saini, 4) Hulla Nai (barber), 5) Bhana Julaha (Harijan) 6) Aman Singh Pundir, Rajput 7) Nathu Pardar, Rajput 8) Dhulla (Dhandi) Jat, who would lead raids from Hissar, to Dadri, to Multan. 9) Mamchand Gujar 10) Phalwa Kahaar.

Assistant generals, 20 assistant's generals were chosen from the various jatis (castes). The hero Bard: the Eminent Scholar Poet Chandrabhutt (Bhat) as chosen as the official Bard. He wrote an eyewitness account of the war with Timur.

Some excerpts of Jograj Singh's speech"
    Viroh (Heroes), reflect on the sermon given by Lord Krishna to Arjun in the Gita. For us the door to heaven (moksha) has been opened. That moksha, which the Rishi Munis achieve by doing Yoga, the hero warriors achieve by sacrificing their lives on the battlefield. Save the nation, that is- sacrifice yourselves, the world will honor you. You have chosen me leader. To my last breath I will not withdraw. I salute the Panchayat, and take oath that until my last breath I will defend the soil of Bharat. Our nation has been shaken by the crimes and attacks of Timur. Warriors arise and do not delay. Fight the enemy army and throw them out of the nation."

On hearing this speech a wave of heroism ran through the assembly. 80, 000 warriors and 40,000 maiden warriors kissed their swords and took an oath, ' O General, while we breathe we will obey your orders, and sacrifice our lives for our country'. The Troops. - The Panchayat Army, spread out from Delhi, to Meerut, Muzzafarnagar, Sahranpur, and Haridwar. On reaching these places they tangled with the armies of Timur, and using Guerilla warfare, they did not them sit still. The enemy army had to escape by the route of the hills and the enemy was chased upto Ambala, and expelled out from the land of Haryana.

The battle of Delhi
    At the time that Timur was looting Delhi, and putting the population to the sword 20,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a surprise attack on the 52,000 strong army of Timur in the middle of the night, and killed 9,000 of them, and let their corpses be swept away in the river Yamuna. As soon as dawn came these heroic soldiers of the Panchayat returned to outside the city walls. The battle carried on like this for three days. Timur Lung got frustrated, left Delhi and advanced toward Meerut.

The battle of Meerut
    Timur, with his numerous and powerful army, with much weaponry, advanced towards Meerut. In this land, Timur's army was given no space to breathe. The battles continued all through the day. Wherever the Army of Timur would stop for the night, the Panchayat army would attack, and uproot them. The heroic Devis (goddesses- women) would deliver food and war material to their soldiers wherever they were. The warrior maidens would attack and loot the supplies of the enemy. The 500 horsemen were doing their duty by keeping everyone together and bearing information. As supplies were not reaching them, the army of Timur started to go hungry. Whichever village came in its path would be destroyed. Becoming frustrated Timur advanced towards Haridwar.

The battle of Haridwar
    Beyond Meerut, to Muzzafarnagar and Saharanpur, the Panchayat armies fought fiercely with Timur and did not let his army take hold (grip). The Supreme General, the Deputy Generals and the Generals were handling their armies well. The army of Timur reached Tuglakpur- Pathrigarh, which is 5 Kos south of Haridwar. In this land the army of the Panchayat fought three major battles with the army of Timur.

Harveer Singh Gulia attacked Timur
    The Deputy Commander Harveer Singh Gulia, along with 25,000 warriors of the Panchayat army, made a fierce attack on a big group of Timur's horsemen, and a fierce battle ensued where arrows and spears were used (There over 2, 000 hill archers joined the Panchayat Army. One arrow pierced Timur's hand. Timur was in the army of horsemen. Harveer Singh Gulia charged ahead like a lion, and hit Timur on his chest with a spear, and he was about to fall under his horse, when his commander Khijra, saved him and separated him from the horse. (Timur eventually died from this wound when he reached Samarkhand). The spearmen and swordsmen of the enemy leapt on the Harveer Singh Gulia, and he fainted from the wounds he received and fell. At that very time, the Supreme Commander Jograj Singh Gujar, with 22,000 Mulls (warriors) attacked the enemy and killed 5000 horsemen. Jograj Singh himself with his own hands lifted the unconscious Harveerr Singh Gulia and brought him to the camp. But a few hours later, the hero warrior Harveer Singh achieved martyrdom.

Reference
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Harveer_Gulia
    Laxman Burdak

Virendra Verma, Ex Governer, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh

Shri Virendra Verma was born on 18th September, 1916, at Shamli in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar pradesh. He had his education in (i) J.H. School, Shamli; (ii) DAV/SD High Schools, Muzaffarnagar and (iii) after his graduation he did his L.L.B. in 1943 from Meerut College, Meerut.

Shri Verma married Shrimati Rameshwari Devi in June, 1940 and was blessed with one son and two daughters.

He has special interests in Education, Agriculture, Games and sports including Wrestling; Captained Volley-Ball, Hockey and Sports First teams in the College. He takes keen interest in the upliftment of Farmers, Mazdoor, Backward Classes and Harijans.

Previously associated with Congress: President (i) District Board, Muzaffarnagar, 1948-52 and (ii) District Congress Committee, Muzaffarnagar, 1950-59; Member (i) Executive Council U.P. Congress 1960-67 and (ii) All India Congress Committee 1950-80, Congress (I) Working Committee from May, 1977 to May, 1980. In 1978 congress split, Shri Virendra Verma alongwith Shri P.V. Narasima Rao, Shri Pranab Mukherji, Late Shri Kamlapati Tripathi, late Shri A.P. Sharma and Shri Buta Singh stayed with Shrimati Indira Gandhi. Against the arrest of Shrimati Indira Gandhi by the Janta Party Government in 1978. Shri Virendra Verma led 1200 satyagrehis, courted arrest and was lodged in district Jail Muzaffarnagar twice.

Vice President U.P. Sugarcane Co-operative Union Federation, 1949-55, Member (i) Indian Central Sugarcane Committee & UP-Bihar Sugarcane Board. 1952-55 and (ii) State transport Authority, 1957-59; Chairman, (i) Indian Sugarcane development Council. Government of India, 1967-75 and (ii) Headed UP Sugar Mills nationalization Committee, 1970.

Member (i) U.P. Legislative assemble 1952-62, 1967, 1969-77 (ii) Chairmen, Public Undertakings Committee UP 1973-75. He was (i) deputy Minister, Co-operatives in UP 1959-60; (ii) Cabinet Minister in UP with portfolios of Irrigation, Power, Industries, Labor, education, technical education and home 1970-71 and (iii) Agriculture Minister in UP 1975-77. Elected to the Rajya Sabha in April, 1984: Leader, Lok Dal Party there 1984-88: Became a Member of Committee on Privilege, Rajya Sabha in 1984 and Member Joint Select Committees of parliament on (i) Lok Pal Bill, 1985 and (ii) Indian Medical council Bill, 1987; Vice President, Rashtriya Lok Dal 1987-88: Deputy Leader Janta Dal and National Front parliamentary Party in Rajya Sabha from 1988 to June 1990; re-elected to Rajaya Sabha in the year 1990.

He was already visited USA, Canada, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, England, Holland, France, west Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Egypt and Dubai.

Shri Virendra Verma was appointed the Governor of Punjab and Administrator, Union Territory Chandigarh on June 14, 1990. he took over as Governor of Himachal Pradesh on 19th December, 1990. He was a member of the Lok Sabha from 1998 to 1999.
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!

Chaudhary Mahendra SIngh Tikait

Mahendra Singh Tikait, the BKU Chaudhary ('Headman') was born in 1935 at village Sisauli in Muzaffarnagar of Uttar Pradesh. Ch. Mahendra Singh Tiakait inherited the Chaudharyship of the Khap Baliyan at the age of eight when his father Ch.Chauhal Singh died in 1943.The Chaudharyship of the Baliyan khap had been vesting in his family for the last thirteen centuries. The chaudharyship of a khap panchayat is a hereditary position. The Chaudahry enjoys administrative, adjucative and executive powers over the khap villages. The chaudhary is held in high esteem and his decisions are binding on his people. At a panchayat meeting of the khap Baliyan held at Sisauli on May 12,1941, a resolution was passed which said : " We will work with our body, hear and soul under the leadership of our Chaudhary for the good of our Khap. Towards this end the Chaudhary of a khap has the right even to demand our lives." Thus the Chaudahry of a khap panchayat enjoys supreme powers.

After the death of former Prime Minsiter late Ch.Charan Singh in western U.P. he was called the second 'messiah' of kisans. On 17th October,1986 he formed a non-political orgarnisation named 'Bhartiya Kisan Union' to protect the interests of all the farmers of India whose are 80 percent of the population of the country. In this way he headed so many movements and as a result of these agitations,many times, he was arrested and sent to jail, yet he is on the way to protect the interest of all the kisans of India.
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!

Dear Deshwal:
    Prof. TP Singh like people make us proud.
    KP Singh

Quote Originally Posted by pdeshwal
    Dear all Namaste,

Prof. T. P. Singh, Prof. & Head from 1984, Dean (Examination), ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES - NEW DELHI. He is a renowned scientist in the world.

He has published more than 200 papers in very high impact factor journals and doing great in his field.

Awards:

• JC Bose Memorial Award, 2005
    • Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 1977
    • Canadian Development Agency Award, 1999
    • Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, 1994
    • Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, 1998
    • Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy, 2000 -
    • Fellow of the Third World Academy of Sciences : F.T.W.A.S. 2003 -
    • Member of the Commission on Biological Macromolecules of the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) (2005 - 2008)
    • Executive member of the International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (2002-2005)
    • Member Secretary of the INSA National Committee for IUPAB (1988 - 91)
    • Member of the INSA National Committee for International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (1985 - 88)
    • Member of the INSA National Committee for International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) (2000 - 2003)
    • Ex-officio member of the Joint National Committee of INSA for IUPAB and IUCr (2002 - 2005) , (2005 - 2008)
    • Member of a committee to select fellows for Indian National Science Academy (2001 - 2003)
    • Member of the Committee to select fellows for the Indian Academy of Sciences, 2005
    • Member of the Indian Biophysical Society since 1977
    • Member of the Society of Biological Chemists of India , 1982
    • Vice President of the Indian Biophysical society (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), since 2000
    • Member Technology Development Board on Pharmaceutical Industry (2002)
    • Member of the Senate of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, (2001 - 2002)
    • Chairman of the DST Committee for the Fast Track Programme in life Sciences (2002 - 2004) , (2005 - 2007)
    • Member of the Apex Committee of the DBT for the programme support at I.I.Sc. Bangalore (1998 - 2001), (2002 - 2004) , (2005 - 2008)
    • Member of the Programme Advisory Committee of DST on Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology including Microbiology (1996 - 1998) , (1999 - 2001)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Basic Biology / Modern Biology (1996 - 1998) , (1999 - 2001)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Infrastructure (2001-2003) , (2004 - 2006) , (2006 – 2008)
    • Member of the DBT task force on Bioinformatics (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the Advisory Committee of Biotechnology Teaching Programme of the Biotechnology Centre, JNU (2002)
    • Member of the Executive Committee of the Bioinformatics Centre at Madurai Kamraj University (2002 - 2003)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Biotechnology Unit of AMU, Aligarh (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Research Area Panel of the National Institute of Immunology (1994 - 1996)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the School of Life Sciences, JNU (1988 - 1990) , (1991 - 1993)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the Centre for Biotechnology, JNU (1991 - 1993) , (1994 - 1996) , (1997 - 1999) , (2000 - 2002) , (2003 - 2005)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the Special Centre of Molecular Medicine, JNU (2001 - 2003) , (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Special Committee of the School of Environmental Sciences, JNU (2001-2003) , (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi, (2002 - 2004), (2004 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, (2005 - 2006)
    • Member of the Academic Committee of the Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, (2005 - 2006)
    • Member of the Executive Council of the Centre of Bioinformatics, Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, 2005
    • Member of the Academic Council of the Central Unversityof Hyderabad, 2006 - 2007
    • Executive member of the Council of the International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) (2005 - 2008)
    • K.K.Foundation National Award for Science and Technology, 2001
    • Chairman of the Fast-Track Programme of DST in Life Sciences, 2001 – 2003
    • Member of the Technology Development Board on Pharmaceutical Industry, 2002 - 2003
    • Executive member of the Council of International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics, 2002 – 2005
    • Max-Planck - Humbodt Award - 1999
    • Canadian Development Agency Award - 1991
    • Danish International Development Agency Award - 1978
    • First Rank in M.Sc. in the University of Allahabad - 1971

Login to view details.

Most Famous

Jat Mehar Singh fauji (Haryanvi Poet) is the most famous man

Vivek Lohchab - Iron Boy 2006

Vivek Lohchab is the 22 year awardee of “Iron Boy of the year 2006’ from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He is resident of Rahtak, Haryana. He is son of Azad Singh, cashier in Cooperative bank, and Ramrati, a JBT teacher.

He has been selected as MD of the German Company – Fruden Berg, with a salary of Rs 20 lakh per month.

Vivek did BE Mechanical from Punjab Engineering College and PG Diploma in Management from IIM Bangalore. He obtained 99.96 percent in CAT examination and was first in rank through out India.
    Laxman Burdak

Any body hear about Hari Om Pawar from Bulandshar UP
    i listen some of his poetry the Best and the Best of course bold and beautiful too. i Do not have the history of this man. But know that he is lecturar of law in CCS UNIV Merrut .he is an assets of JATS
    Namaskar

vijay Shokeen

i really feel ashamed when i see ppl praising some one like mallika sherawat, she is nothing more than a 'naach girl' dancing nake dand showing her nude body to earn some money and fame, she is nothing but shame for all of us. If she really worth some thing she should stop all this and try and earn some fame for her acting any body can do what she is doing only thing required is to be shameless. BEING A JAT SHE BRINGS NOTHING ONLY THE SHAME

neeraj

sir,
    I add the following:
    1 Mr. Mangal Singh
    ( India's Top sugar Technologist & now he is president of Sugar Technologist Of India)
    2. Sh. S.S. Sirohi (ex president of National Federration of co operative sugar factories)

vikas balhara

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    The Jat caste has produced a number of heroic persons who have put their life and families at risk and kept the pride and values like truth, freedom, equality, loyalty etc. intact. They struggled for the cause of the common people and their upliftment. Here is list of such famous Jat people:

Baldev Ram Mirdha
    Bhim Singh Dahiya
    Captain Bhagwan Singh
    Captain Dilip Singh Ahalawat
    Chaudhari Charan Singh
    Chaudhari Chhotu Ram
    Chaudhari Devi Lal
    Col.G.S. Dhillon
    Dhanna Bhagat
    Dharmendra (Actor)
    Dr. Bal Ram Jakhar
    Dr. Sarup Singh
    Gyan Prakash Pilania
    Justice Mahavir Singh
    Kunwar Natwar Singh
    Maharaja Bhim Singh Rana
    Maharaja Ranjit Singh
    Maharaja Suraj Mal
    Maharani Kishori
    Mahendra Singh Tikait
    Pahalwan Dara Singh
    Raja Mahendra Pratap
    Swami Keshwa Nand
    Thakur Deshraj
    Veer Teja
    I would request the members to add more famous jats to this list. We should also provide articles about these great jats so that other communities know about them. Many jat members also do not have ideas about them.

We should also have a FORUM on this heading so that we can get any information about any famous jat, Like Chaudhary Charan Singh, Chaudhari Devilal and sir Chhoturam as has been provided on Jatland.
    Regards,

Login to view details.
    Dr. Hari Singh Nalwa is a Jat from Soop village of Meerut. He was my Senior in IIT Delhi.

Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology<SUP>TM</SUP>

Edited by Hari Singh Nalwa. Editor-in-Chief Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
    Foreword by Richard Smalley. Nobel Prize Laureate
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 18th, 2006 at 11:47 AM.

Login to view details.
    Dr. Hari Singh Nalwa is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. He is well known throughout scientific community for his monumental work on "Handbook of Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnology" (Vols.1-5, Academic Press, 1999) which received the Award of Excellence from the Association of American Publishers. After the publication of this multivolume handbook, he started the most ambitious publication project of the Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in summer 2000 to bring the first encyclopedia in the field of nanotechnology. He was the Head of Department and R&D Manager at Ciba Specialty Chemical Corporation in USA and a staff scientist at the Hitachi Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd. Japan (1990-1999). While working at Hitachi Ltd., he was also concurrently an Honorary Visiting Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology in New Delhi. He was the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines published by John Wiley (1997-2000). He has also been on the Editorial Board of several international journals as well a referee for many journals. Dr. Nalwa has authored over 150 scientific articles, 25 book chapters and 18 patents in the field of electronic and photonic materials and their based devices. Dr. Nalwa is one of the most experienced and internationally known editors who has published 75 books for the scientific community; Ferroelectric Polymers (Marcel Dekker, 1995), Nonlinear Optics of Organic Molecules and Polymers (CRC Press, 1997), Organic Electroluminescent Materials and Devices (Gordon & Breach, 1997), Handbook of Organic Conductive Molecules and Polymers, Vols. 1-4 (John Wiley & Sons, 1997), Handbook of Low and High Dielectric Constant Materials and Their Applications, Vols. 1-2 (Academic Press, 1999), Handbook of Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnology, Vols. 1-5 (Academic Press, 1999), Handbook of Advanced Electronic and Photonic Materials and Devices, Vols. 1-10 (Academic Press, 2000), Advanced Functional Molecules and Polymers, Vols. 1-4 (Gordon & Breach, 2001), Photodetectors and Fiber Optics (Academic Press, 2001), Silicon-Based Materials and Devices, Vols. 1-2 (Academic Press, 2001), Supramolecular Photosensitive and Electroactive Materials (Academic Press, 2001), Handbook of Thin Films Materials, Vols. 1-5 (Academic Press, 2001), Handbook of Surfaces and Interfaces of Materials, Vols. 1-5 (Academic Press, 2001), Semiconductors and Semimetals, Vol. 73 (Academic Press, 2001), Advances in Surface Science, Vol. 38 (Academic Press, 2001), Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnology (Academic Press, 2001), Handbook of Polyelectrolytes and Their Applications, Vols. 1-3 (American Scientific Publishers, 2002), Handbook of Luminescence, Display Materials and Devices, Vols. 1-3 (American Scientific Publishers, 2003), Handbook of Photochemistry and Photobiology, Vols. 1-4 (American Scientific Publishers, 2003), Handbook of Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Materials and Nanocomposites, Vols. 1-2 (American Scientific Publishers, 2003), Magnetic Nanostructures (American Scientific Publishers, 2002), Quantum Dots and Nanowires (American Scientific Publishers, 2003), Nanoclusters and Nanocrystals (American Scientific Publishers, 2003), Polymer Optical Fibers (American Scientific Publishers, 2004), Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vols. 1-10 (American Scientific Publishers, 2004), Handbook of Nanostructured Biomaterials and Their Applications, Vols. 1-2 (American Scientific Publishers, 2004), Dr. Nalwa is a member of the American Chemical Society, American Physical Society, Materials Research Society and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has been cited in the "Who’s Who in Science and Engineering", "Who’s Who in America", "Who’s Who in the World", "Dictionary of International Biography" and "2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century Order of Excellence. He has be
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 18th, 2006 at 11:49 AM.

Emperor Ashoka

Emperor Chandragupta Maurya

Emperor Harshavardhan

Emperor Vikramaditya

The whole Gupta and Maurya Clan
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Login to view details.
    Jaspall Bhuttee nu pull gaye ji tussi. E sadda pnyaabb da putrr vi jutt da puttr ai gaya, like Gutasya Puttra of Ujjain. Though in Punjabi they pronounce Bheem as Peem (its BP variation like JG variation, but Bhuttis never changed it to Puttis. A solid Jat is he from Punjab Engineering College of Chandigarh. A Civil Engineer. His style is typical Jat Style. Where it looks as if dialougues of Haryanvi have been converted into punjabi.

Per is Bhutti ne koi Tau koni thyaya Haryane ka. Us ki acting to ye zabardast kar sakta hai. Vaise bhi eebb buddhya honn lagg rhya ya Tarmender/Dharmeder/Amitabh ki tarhyaa!

eeb me aam historian of India ne bataunga te va is Bhati ne turant Bhatnair/bhatinda te jod de gya. But I really studied a theorem in Civil Engineering known as Betti's theorem, along with Castigliano's theorem. I was first class fail over there. Always waiting for this bhati to make me enlightened "Kasam Bhagwan ki, yaar ye Betti Theorem aakhir hai kya????"

Bhatis are too ancient and they are found all over the world. Jaspal Bhati is one of them.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 19th, 2006 at 12:20 AM.

Maan gaye Tewatia ji... you know how to write history that can make people laugh too... ha ha...
    Ok serious now. Do you have B S Dahiya's contact info(ph no). If not plz try to find from Dahinam publisher in sonipat. I just read his "Aryan Tribes and Rgveda"... its awesome...

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    Jaspall Bhuttee nu pull gaye ji tussi. E sadda pnyaabb da putrr vi jutt da puttr ai gaya, like Gutasya Puttra of Ujjain. Though in Punjabi they pronounce Bheem as Peem (its BP variation like JG variation, but Bhuttis never changed it to Puttis. A solid Jat is he from Punjab Engineering College of Chandigarh. A Civil Engineer. His style is typical Jat Style. Where it looks as if dialougues of Haryanvi have been converted into punjabi.

Per is Bhutti ne koi Tau koni thyaya Haryane ka. Us ki acting to ye zabardast kar sakta hai. Vaise bhi eebb buddhya honn lagg rhya ya Tarmender/Dharmeder/Amitabh ki tarhyaa!

eeb me aam historian of India ne bataunga te va is Bhati ne turant Bhatnair/bhatinda te jod de gya. But I really studied a theorem in Civil Engineering known as Betti's theorem, along with Castigliano's theorem. I was first class fail over there. Always waiting for this bhati to make me enlightened "Kasam Bhagwan ki, yaar ye Betti Theorem aakhir hai kya????"

Bhatis are too ancient and they are found all over the world. Jaspal Bhati is one of them.
    Last edited by vinodks; July 19th, 2006 at 09:53 AM.
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Login to view details.
    I'm sad to inform that he is no more. A dynamic personality. I read the cooments on his book " Jats the Ancient......."

"Jat is community only to serve and not to rule... But B s Dahiya says something else...... Mauryas, Kushanas, Guptas n even Harshavardhana was Jat..... Eyebows may be stretched... when we are putting Aryan, Hun, Kushan, Saka, Jat ......all together...."

He used 2 b invited in Parivar Parichay.
    He was later given the title "Plato of Jats" by Surajmal Society.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 20th, 2006 at 11:53 AM.

Login to view details.
    "In any case the book is going to provide a hot tail to the researchers of Indian/World History", commented Indian Express on his book. It carried a picture of Sun God statue found from village Beri in Rohtak of 12-13th century AD.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 20th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.

Login to view details.
    However, no research was really carried out on his book by any scholar. B4 that I read R S Joon. At first sight it looked that Dahiyas work is an extension of Joon's work. But he came up with so many new startling facts like clans of Jats (Prarjoon etc) on Allahabad Pillar Inscription etc.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 20th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.

Rajendra Singh and Neera Singh Lunayach

Rajendra Singh Lunayach (born 1955) is an Indian Industrialist in Alexandria ranking sixth wealthiest in Virginia along with his wife Neera Singh in 2006. Their Net worth being $1 billion. The couple, pioneers in the wireless industry, turned their investments into a billion-dollar fortune.

Childhood
    Rajendra Singh comes from village Kairoo in Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan, India. As a young boy Rajendra Singh used to draw water by hand for his family from a well in the village Kairoo. The remote village had no electricity, telephones or newspapers. Education was scarce. Rajendra Singh's father had been the first person in the 400-year-old village to attend high school. He did his education from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi

Married with Neera Singh
    Neera Singh (born 1959) is the daughter of an upper-middle-class college administrator. She did her education from Indian Institute of Technology, where she met Rajendra Singh in 1977. Neera stepped back from the business in the 1990s to raise the couple's two sons. One will attend the University of Pennsylvania in September. Neera manages the family's personal investment portfolio. With two teenage boys in high school, the couple doesn't want to travel and leave them home alone.

In United States
    Rajendra Singh and Neera Singh came to the United States on scholarships as Indian immigrants. They started their work in Dallas in 1979 where Rajendra Singh was learning to squeeze bandwidth out of radio spectrum while working at Southern Methodist University. The couple continued their work when they moved to Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kan., where Rajendra Singh landed a $14,000-a-year teaching job in early 1981.

They parlayed $42 paid to a computer lab in Manhattan, Kan., in 1982 into a $1 billion fortune.

In US, they made up their minds in understanding of physics, electro-magnetics and software. The couple, who live nearby in Mount Vernon, were among the earliest innovators of the wireless industry. The young graduate students spent hours trying to figure how to make the airwaves work.
    Working initially with paper and pencil, Rajendra Singh helped design some of the earliest cellular network applications for 12 of the top 30 U.S. markets. Rajendra Singh served as expert in AirTouch and PacTel Companies.

Lunayach Communications Consultants (LCC)
    Using all of the money they had at the time — $1,000 — the Singhs in 1983 formed Lunayach Communications Consultants (LCC) International Inc., a wireless consulting firm.

They realized how crazy it was to do calculations by hand. The approach worked for one or two transmitter towers but was impractical for large, sophisticated systems. Neera developed a system of calculations to crunch numbers using an algorithm and sent the results to Wayne Schelle, an entrepreneur working to launch a cellular network in the Washington-Baltimore area, one of two approved licenses at the time. Schelle called the couple immediately, saying their calculations had saved the company at least $80,000 and months of work in deciding where to place cell towers. To entice them to Washington, Schelle offered a furnished apartment and a place to work.

Neera's algorithms and Raj's ideas revolutionized the fledgling industry and quickly led to more work for their firm. Rajendra Singh became one of the pioneers in the industry in network design and coverage and planning and system engineering, which made it possible for the industry to roll out more coverage and systems. The Singhs helped AirTouch design systems in 13 U.S. markets and 30 countries.

They purchased a computer and worked day and night six days a week. Neera crunched numbers; and because they couldn't afford larger disks, Raj changed the disks that filled quickly.

For some time they worked for other people who owned the networks or licenses necessary to build a system. Finally, they decided to branch out. With $25,000, a princely sum for them at the time, they launched APEX, a company that connected cell circuits to prevent mobile fraud. Four years later in 1990, they sold the business to Electronic Data Systems Corp. for $50million.

The Singhs began investing in other systems and were early partners in Nextel Communications. In 1990, they hired someone else to run day-to-day operations at LCC. Though no longer involved in the management of the company, they still own 18 percent of its shares. The couple also launched Telcom Ventures, the family's vehicle for investments. Almost 90 percent of their investments remain in cellular ventures, with the Singhs instrumental in starting cellular systems in many South American countries and in India. Other investments included co-founding Teligent, a high-speed Internet and telecom services business later sold to First Avenue Networks of Charlottesville, and Aether Technologies, a wireless technologies provider.
    Social works
    Rajendra Singh and Neera Singh support pet projects, primarily in education. They help fund programs for women in India as well as scholarships at the University of Maine, where Rajendra Singh studied, and Johns Hopkins University, where Rajendra Singh serves on the board of trustees. They have also given money to start the telecommunications program at Marymount College in Arlington.
    Reference
    * Brett Lieberman, Virginia Business, June 2006

External links
    *http://www.virginiabusiness.com/maga...ch_singh.shtml
    Laxman Burdak