Thread: History of Sikhism

History of Sikhism

Hi All ,

I am in the process of setting up a NGO to promote jat unity.

Now could some of you learned historians please provide a compelte history of Sikhism.

- its start
    - connection to Hinduism
    - Sikh Jats and their traditions (if in any ways different to Hindu Jats)
    - Prominent jats in Sikh History
    - Sikh Symbols and jats / hindus

anything to do with similarities and joint roots ......... please provide historical facts and not opinions and hypotehsis to support your case .......

and by comparison to Hindusim I dont mean the Southern Brahmanical order ... but the rather suttle Arya Samaj inspired Hinduism followed in the Jat belt.

Your help would be a huge contribution to Jat Unity and the cause of our race.
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Hmmm. Apne NGO pe baare mein kuchh info do bhai. Best place to start Sikh history is with Cunningham's (available onilne) and Khushwant Singh's book. Though Khushwant Singh remain surprising silent regarding role of Jats in Sikhism and doesn't touch upon history of Punjab before Nanak at all; whereas Cunningham build up context of Sikhism through Bhakti movement and writes on ethnicity of people (though some of his ideas are contended today) too. I liked Cunningham's efforts becuase he was one of the first persons to expose dirty politics played by British in Anglo-Sikh war for which he was punished by British.
    Also, Khushwant's 1st edition ends at end of Ranjit Singh, Cunnigham gives details account of Sikhs in British rule too. You wont learn much history in forums, which are good for discussions not for lessons.

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by kharub View Post
    Hi All ,

I am in the process of setting up a NGO to promote jat unity.

Now could some of you learned historians please provide a compelte history of Sikhism.

- its start
    - connection to Hinduism
    - Sikh Jats and their traditions (if in any ways different to Hindu Jats)
    - Prominent jats in Sikh History
    - Sikh Symbols and jats / hindus

anything to do with similarities and joint roots ......... please provide historical facts and not opinions and hypotehsis to support your case .......

and by comparison to Hindusim I dont mean the Southern Brahmanical order ... but the rather suttle Arya Samaj inspired Hinduism followed in the Jat belt.

Your help would be a huge contribution to Jat Unity and the cause of our race.

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    Hmmm. Apne NGO pe baare mein kuchh info do bhai. Best place to start Sikh history is with Cunningham's (available onilne) and Khushwant Singh's book. Though Khushwant Singh remain surprising silent regarding role of Jats in Sikhism and doesn't touch upon history of Punjab before Nanak at all; whereas Cunningham build up context of Sikhism through Bhakti movement and writes on ethnicity of people (though some of his ideas are contended today) too. I liked Cunningham's efforts becuase he was one of the first persons to expose dirty politics played by British in Anglo-Sikh war for which he was punished by British.
    Also, Khushwant's 1st edition ends at end of Ranjit Singh, Cunnigham gives details account of Sikhs in British rule too. You wont learn much history in forums, which are good for discussions not for lessons.

-vinod

Well, Vinod i didn't heard about about Cunningham's but i suppose Khushwant Singh is not a Historian.

Real sikhism took place in 1699 when Guru Gobind Singh served holy nector ( Amrit ) to the sikhs and led the priciples like 5 K's to his followers and before that all the previous nine guru's were Hindu. He were Guru Gobind Singh only after that every followers identified himself as a sikh with five K's and singh as surname after them. ( can u identify if either of other nine guru's have Singh after their name )

Even their famous holy place is still known as mandir but not Gurudwara ( Swaran mandir i.e. Golden temple)
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Well, Vinod i didn't heard about about Cunningham's but i suppose Khushwant Singh is not a Historian.

Real sikhism took place in 1699 when Guru Gobind Singh served holy nector ( Amrit ) to the sikhs and led the priciples like 5 K's to his followers and before that all the previous nine guru's were Hindu. He were Guru Gobind Singh only after that every followers identified himself as a sikh with five K's and singh as surname after them. ( can u identify if either of other nine guru's have Singh after their name )

Even their famous holy place is still known as mandir but not Gurudwara ( Swaran mandir i.e. Golden temple)
    Vijay
    you steal my heart sometimes.
    But for all of your querries there is a straight answere. That all Sikhs were Jats. The each n every principle that they followed were of Jats. Sikhism is not merely 400 years old. It looks to be many thousand years old.

the real democracy lies among Sikhs. The Panchayat, "the punj pyare"

no body was slaughtered on Holla Mohalaa by Gobind Singh

It was only their atma (the inner conscience) that was slaughtered.

However, I've no reservation about any religion.

I'm a true Jat. We've to take care all the Jats. Whether muslim, christien, hindu, sikh, budhist, ......
    Last edited by sktewatia; October 7th, 2006 at 04:42 AM.

Login to view details.

-vinod
    Khushwant is like another great historian like Bipin Chandra. He once accused Jats that They only braught castiesm into Sikhism.

Vinod, I again warn you that dnt indulge yourself in discussion with unknown people, like Deora. Plz warn others also.

As far as my knowledge is concerned not even a single sikh guru were Jat all were from different caste (khatri, bania, barahman etc.)

Tewatia jee yeh 'Deora' kon hai
    -Virender M.

Login to view details.
    Though not a correct platform to raise this issue but suddenly I happen to see my emails from Jathistory group. Its full of some "Deora" with whom many Jats are engaged in discussion sometimes futile and sometimes hot and cool. I dnt advice young enthusiatic Jats not to idulge in discussion with non-Jats. Its a good pratice if its healthy. But a bit caution can even then be taken. That the person, if not well known, should not be totally unknown also. I many times asked "Deora" which state/area he belongs to? What is he doing? He is silent.

Regarding Sikh Gurus Mannji you are right. No one was Jat. But Its Jat following only that made Sikhism so powerful and warlike. Sikhism seems to be just 400 years old or so. But its traditions are thousands of years old. Like having long hair, beard etc.

Soka Norman can elaborate this better. Comparing these traditions of Sikhism with ancient Romanian/Dacian Jats.

Login to view details.
    I agree that Sikhs, Aryasamaji, muslim, christien, kabirpanthi, etc. have their gurus who were not Jats. However, in Hindus Krishna, Hanuman, Shankar, Ram and in Budhist, Budha were Jats.

Vinod : The proposed activities of the NGO are listed in Current Affairs section. I will be going back home in Feb , but in the meanwhile my family will regiter the organisation in India on my behalf.

Tewatia Ji : One again you provide key information .... could you please elaborate further on Sikh Traditions that have directly come form or been influenced by Jat traditions.

Jatt Sikhs are our brothers who adopted the teachings of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Before that they were jats and at that time the Jat people who had the courage to fight joined Guru Gobind Singh Ji and later they were knows as Jatt Sikhs.

You can compare their gotras with us jats, all are same Mann, Dhillon, Gill, Waraich, Sindhu, Brar, Dahiya etc. They are Jats by nature and origin.

Customs and traditions vary from place to place as we can see difference between the customs of Jats from Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi, Himachal, UP and othet states in India.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    Sikhism seems to be just 400 years old or so. But its traditions are thousands of years old. Like having long hair, beard etc.

Soka Norman can elaborate this better. Comparing these traditions of Sikhism with ancient Romanian/Dacian Jats.
    people change ,religions changes,some things remain the same.
    Sikhism is considered as a mixed betwin islam and hinduism.Take from islam the belive in a personal God,though vaishnaism have a similar personal monotheism ;and tendince for iconoclasm(no images).From hinduism take the concept of moksha and reincarnation.
    In the early stages the indo-european religions suffer also from a kind of iconoclasm.The gods wasnt represented in images but usualy whit simbols like stones,trees or even animals.For exemple the greek word -statue-first meaning a simple column and after that start to mean also a antropomorphic sculpture.Under the influence of egipto-sumerian culture indo-europeans start to represent their gods whit human images.
    The keeping the beard and have the head cover is a religios demand for judaic,islamic and christian(here head covering is only for women,priest and monk).So i dont know if this sikh custom is ancient or is an islamic influence.For many population in antiquity was a shame for a man to have no beard.Sometimes the winners cut the beard of loosers in order to humiliate them.
    In getic religion only the priest and wariors have the head cover whit a point in front cap.The beard was common.
    tHE sikh religion cant be taked from souroundings which gave it birth.

-vinod
    Hi,

Cunningham is fine but beware of this Bhapa Khatri/Arorra Lala Khushwant Singh. This Kalyug belongs to Khatris as Traeta used to be whilst Doapar belongs to Yadev of which Jatts form a major clan.

Remember that Krishan Baldev was the incarnation of Shiv and his favourite name was "Gobinda", the Source of Light. In Kalyug, Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji replace Krishan Baldev Ji and we Jatts are the Fauj of Shiv or Shiv Sena. That is why we Jatts were the majority supporter of Sachae Patshah Har Gobind and Gobind Singh Ji whilst the Khatris were the staunch enemies of Sachae Patshahs and Satgurus.

Khatris are kings of Darkness whilst the Kashmiri Khatris are Emperors of Darkness. Kashmiri Khatris turned Mullahs killed Satguru Tegh Bahadur Ji and now they are reaping the reward whilst the Khatris of Lahore and Amritsar during the Indo-Pak war in 2012.
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
    First a Hindu (1) then a Sikh (2) Khalsa (3) or Nirmala Sant (4th Panth).
    Antonym of Hindu is a Fanatic Devil.
    Sikhism=Christianity over 8500 Youtube Videos - channel nijjhar1.
    Ch. Chhotu Ram Ohlyan Jatt is our tribal Pillar.
    Jatts are Shiv Sena; DAEH SHIVA VAR MOHAE.

Quote Originally Posted by nijjhar View Post
    Hi,

Cunningham is fine but beware of this Bhapa Khatri/Arorra Lala Khushwant Singh. This Kalyug belongs to Khatris as Traeta used to be whilst Doapar belongs to Yadev of which Jatts form a major clan.

Remember that Krishan Baldev was the incarnation of Shiv and his favourite name was "Gobinda", the Source of Light. In Kalyug, Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji replace Krishan Baldev Ji and we Jatts are the Fauj of Shiv or Shiv Sena. That is why we Jatts were the majority supporter of Sachae Patshah Har Gobind and Gobind Singh Ji whilst the Khatris were the staunch enemies of Sachae Patshahs and Satgurus.

Khatris are kings of Darkness whilst the Kashmiri Khatris are Emperors of Darkness. Kashmiri Khatris turned Mullahs killed Satguru Tegh Bahadur Ji and now they are reaping the reward whilst the Khatris of Lahore and Amritsar during the Indo-Pak war in 2012.

Nijjhar Ji could you elaborate on Sikhism and Sikhgurus ...... nad if Khartis are anti Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Satguru doctrine .... how are they still a part of Sikhism and why they follow Sikhism ??

What do you mean by Indo-Pak war in 2012 ?
    Last edited by kharub; October 15th, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Sikhism

Sikhism was highly appreciated or adopted by the Jatts around 70 per cent whilst the Khatris, the least less than one percent.

Other tribes fall between these two limits. Kalyug is the Age when money dominates the life the most and Khatris loved money more than any other tribe. Baniyias love money too but Khatris still dominated.

Now, Mohammed was not a profit or his Islam was not of Allah. He was an Antichrist like the dominant Popes who used to kill people for not obeying their orders or edicts. Quran is based on the same order and that is why both the Bible and the Quran are called KATEB.

Khatris being opportunists became Mullahs and started to convert others into their Islam. Resistance was met with deaths even to Saints who objected to Mullah's Islam. Shah Shamas Tabrez is a typical example but the others evaded confrontation with Mullahs.

So, the Khatris of Kashmir being number one in religious knowledge exploited that to create havoc.

It is difficult to explain in detail as it is done in my Book.

In the Middle East, the Jews of Judah tribe were most clever and they infiltered into the Churches whereas the Gentile being clean-hearted needed Christ the least. Same way Khatris infiltered into Gurdwaras as you can see today Harmandir with gold lining has been turned into Harimandir and the Sikhs have no clue between the difference of the two.

Jatts and other village tribes being clean-hearted like the Gentile did not care about the management of Gurdwaras until the Khatris started to fleece people left and right.

The Khatris being clever say others that one of their sons is turned a Sikh of hair and turban to have pie in that part and the other in Hindu of clean-shaven figure. Both are neither Hindu nor Sikhs but hypocrites to fleece the simpletons.

A Hindu is one who knows his tribal identity or HOND i.e. JAATI AUR BAASI. a Sikh is a student of spiritual knowledge best known by what comes out of his mouth. Turban and beard are our cultural aspects of the people of the East. Turban and beard has nothing to do with a Sikh.

Yes, Khalsa being the spiritual Shiv Sena, they need turban and beard. But they do not live in family homes but over the Takhts like soldiers live in cantonments. Those who take Amrit and live in their family homes are fake Khalsas called Donkey Khalsas and they get sorted out by other tribes as during the 1984 riots.

My Book explains many such things and once it is translated into Hindi, most of the hatred created among Jatts by the Khatris would disappear and we Jatts from the Punjab, Haryana, Pakistan etc would develop unity as it used to be under Chaudhry Chhottu Ram Ji.

Khatris even propagate that JAATTs and JATTs are different when it is the language difference.

Sikh is not an religion it is a Panth (which had special objectives)

It's main objective was to fight mugals Guru Gobind Singh jee called every family to devote their elder son. In this fight every family of old punjab made sacrifice by giving their elder son to the army. JAT and JATT are one and the same its a matter of pronounciation in different language. That's why our surname are same in some part of Haryana marriages often happens between Jats and jatts which some selfish people don't want. These relations has been halted because of some bad elements (Smoking specially) in our society taken up from muslims.
    Some to the Big politicians are also playing of dividing Jats and Jatts.
    -Virender M.

Quote Originally Posted by nijjhar View Post
    Hi,

Chaudry jee

As far as my knowledge is concerned no Sikh Guru was a Jat/Jatt all were from other castes even Guru Gobind Singh ji was a Khatri. But I am not sure and still searching on this.
    -Virender M.

Quote Originally Posted by mann123 View Post
    Chaudry jee

As far as my knowledge is concerned no Sikh Guru was a Jat/Jatt all were from other castes even Guru Gobind Singh ji was a Khatri. But I am not sure and still searching on this.
    All gurus were khatris and Guru Gobind Singh ji too was a sodhi khatri.

Only except Saka muni Lord Buddha who is called as saka mani ie Jewel of Sakas and were of the same cast as Morya jat rulers all religions are started by non jats.
    (Reference..Iran Chamber of History....Sammar Abbas)

And Bhuddhism too was actively advocated by all Jat kings like Morya ,parthians,kushans ,Vallabhi kings,Harshwardhan and even Sahi rulers of sindh till they were suceeded treacherously by Brhamain ruler Dahir who stressed this vedic hindu religion and persecuted buddhist jat people.

Again Budhism spread in jat belt in transoxania the homeland of Jats via silk route and than to China and other countries like japan.

Yes. I totally agree with you. We are one even those in Pakistan. We were united before Partition but Khatris separated us.

Even some of our Punjabi Jatts think Jaatts are different. They are stupid as BHAINSAH.

There is a simple rule. People who rule the Age, the Prophets come from that tribe. In Treta Yug Khatri ruled and Shri Ram Chander Appeared among the Khatris; in Doapar Yadev ruled, Shri Krishan Baldev Ji appeared among Yadev and in Kalyug Khatris rule, so the Prophets Satguru Nanak Dev Ji and Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji appeared among the Khatri tribe and not any other tribe. Only the sick need the Doctors.

In Kalyug, both Par Vishnu and Par Shiv appear whilst in Treta Vishnu and in Doapar, Shiv avtars appeared.

Jatt History

Quote Originally Posted by mann123 View Post
    Sikh is not an religion it is a Panth (which had special objectives)

It's main objective was to fight mugals Guru Gobind Singh jee called every family to devote their elder son. In this fight every family of old punjab made sacrifice by giving their elder son to the army. JAT and JATT are one and the same its a matter of pronounciation in different language. That's why our surname are same in some part of Haryana marriages often happens between Jats and jatts which some selfish people don't want. These relations has been halted because of some bad elements (Smoking specially) in our society taken up from muslims.
    Some to the Big politicians are also playing of dividing Jats and Jatts.
    Yes. Sikh is the second Panth and the religion or Dharm of Sikhs is to serve, SEWA and not fight.

Sikhs and those who wanted to fight for humanity, joined the Third Khalsa Panth. Khalsas are fighters and they are Par Shiv Sena. Bhai Kahniyia Ji was a Sikh of Bhagti Marag of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji whilst the Khalsas belonged to Shakti Marag of Par Shiv, Sachae Paatshah Gobind Singh Ji.

Now, there are two more Panths or Samajs; first one is Hindu and the fourth and the last is of Nirmallae Sants.

The word Hindu originates from "HOND", tribal identity. That is when a stranger comes into a village, then in order to know his identity we ask him, "KIS KA DHOODH SAE RAE?" or AAP KAUN HO. The stranger answers by giving his tribal identity through JAATTI AUR BASSI, the tribe and village he belongs to. That establishes his tribal identity or HOND and those who know their tribal identities are Hindus or sons of Shiv. It were these Hindus that Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji sought in his Khalsa army - DEH SHIVA VAR MOHAE...... The antonym of Hindu is a ******* born of the prostitute as he does not know the identity of his father. Hindu has nothing to do with the river Sindh or such stories propagated by the Khatris.

In the South India, the identity of the person is incorporated in his very name and that reflects the wisdom of Ravan. Such people do not do disgraceful acts that would bring a bad name to their family. That is they have SHARM and SHARM is the foundation of DHARM.

But in the Punjab, people lacked SHARM and that is why we had Satguru Nanak Dev Ji appeared in the Northern India whereas in the Southern India, not even a Saint was needed for they had SHARM and DHARM. In the Punjab, SHARM DHARM DOAYAE SHHAPP KHALOYAE; KOORR PHIRAE PARDHAAN VAE LALO. Satguru within you, "APNA SATGURU ARADHIYAE JEEVA JAPPAE NAAM", dispels the fog of KOORR so that you can see the truth. Typical example of this is the people who died during the 1984 riots in Delhi. Sikh being the Nadi Roop or the spiritual self is never born and never dies. So, not a single Sikh died during those riots but the spiritually blind people who were fleeced by the sweeter than honey KOORR spoken especially by those Khatri Babas or leaders like Lala tara Singh Malhotra Khatri. So, it is KOORR to say that Sikhs died or suffered and it is SATT to say that people of Jatt, Lohar, Tarkhan, Khatri, etc tribes died during the riots.

In Pakistan, my father saved the village from attack by 2000 Arians by telling them that we Jatts and you Arian are going to die and not Sikh or Muslim spiritual selves. They came as foe and returned as our best friends who looked after our people. We both became sons of Shiv, who are to inhabit the planet earth. Sons of Satan, the fanatics, who proclaim Hindu, Jew, Sikh, Muslim, Christians, etc as tribes or KAUMS, would be wiped out of the surface of earth. Such sons of Satan are gathered together for Final burning in Israel - Matt. 13.24-30.

The Fourth community is of Nirmallae Sants, who are Apostles preaching Gospel. They ply the KHANDA of NAAM and not of steel.

So, the temperaments of the First Hindu Panth/Samaj and of the Third Khalsa Panth are compatible as is of the Second Sikh Panth and the Fourth Nirmallae Sants.

Now, Harmandir Sahib is for the Sikhs and the Akal takht for the Nirmallae Sants to sing the praises of Ram and as the temperament of the Khalsa Panth is not compatible with those of the Sikhs and Nirmallae Sants that Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji never visited Harmandir Sahib Complex.

So, today what those sword bearing Khalsas are doing in harmandir Sahib? That reflects the Darkness created by the Khatris when they gilded this Holiest of Holy Temple of God that used to be in Jerusalem and destroyed in 70 A.D. Even the last Christ/Satguru on earth, the Sixth Satguru Tegh (Khanda) Bahadur Ji was not allowed to enter Harmandir Sahib?

These fanatics have been created by the Khatris and it would be these who would put the noose around their necks soon. Sachae Patshah Gobind Singh Ji never baptised a woman and why today they are doing it; just to create fanatics or super donkey Khalsas.

I hope this would throw a little light and for more light, please visit my website.

Hindi version of my Book would be soon out.