Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Jats in Indian epics

Patachchara is sanskritized form of Pachar in Prakrat.
    Mahabharata mentions both Pattachchara (पटच्चर) or Pattachchara (पतच्चर)

पाञ्चालाश चेथिमत्स्याश च शूरसेनाः पटच्चराः
    दशार्णा नव राष्ट्रं च मल्लाः शाल्व युगंधराः (IV.1.9)
    Meaning-
    In the thirteenth year of vanavasa Pandavas are supposed to pass their days undiscovered in the city of Virata. This is mentioned in Virata Parva.

Arjuna suggests to Yudhisthira, "...for purposes of residence, I shall mention some spots that are both delightful and secluded. Do thou select some one of them. Surrounding the kingdom of the Kurus, are, many countries beautiful and abounding in corn, such as Panchala, Chedi, Matsya, Surasena, Pattachchara, Dasarna, Navarashtra, Malla, Shalva, Yugandhara, Saurashtra, Avanti, and the spacious Kuntirashtra."

Now Pattachchara is mentioned with Surasena (Sura Jat Clan), Malla (Malla or Malli Jat clan) and Dasarna (Daspuria Jat clan). So Pattachchara can not be any thing other than Pachar.

शूरसेना भद्र कारा बॊधाः शाल्वाः पतच चराः
    सुस्दराश च सुकुट्टाश च कुणिन्थाः कुन्तिभिः सह (II.13.25)

In the above shloka also Pattachchara is mentioned with Sura, Bhadra, bodha, Shalva and all these are Jat clans.

Raviji no Jat historian has suggested links with Mahabharata tribes with such evidences. Please try to understand sanskrit. It is not Jumble of information as said by you - "you are presenting a Jumble of information". It was done with great search from Mahabharat and not only Jat historians but others also did not try to make out sense from these information.

What harm will be done by this discussion I would like to know ? If Jats were there in Mahabharata period in what way it is against Jats?
    Laxman Burdak

I knew one kalkhanda on jat land. he was a true jat. but bit sceptical about his got, in western UP. There Jats evolved a policy of banning intermarriages among same jat/goth/got. because every jat has to be united ..

Quote Originally Posted by singhran View Post
    sir.,with due respect i beg to say ,you are better than ravi and burdak, you are asli genius ,in addition to being an expert historian you are a genius linguist also.aapke dwara jo udgar uper vyakt kiye gayen hai ,unhain padh kar dil shradha se overwhelmed ho gaya hai . apse ek vinati hai rana pratap ko maffi de do,kya pata wo jaat hi ho. aap jaise bade vidwan to chhote longo ke bare main likh kar apni pratibha waste nahi karna chahiye.aap history aur language ke sachin tendulkar hain ,jatland ko char chand lagate rahain

vaise aadmi to great hi tha, meri maan bhi gahlote hai... ye nalayak rajput the to hamare bhai hi..lekin rajasthan me jaton ki sankhya ghata thi... aise bhatere goth paida hue 1000 ad ke bad like chaudhary, thakur, rawat, rana, kayasth..., bhumihar, rajput... etc.. all southern districts of rajasthan are named after jat gots only... like chittore is jittore as alberuni mentioned it...sirohi is jat got no where found in rajput like more is only jat got nowhere found in rajput...sibi is another got nowhere in rajput then what these mor n sibi are doing at jittore?

banswada again is bains jat, nowhere in rajput is there n e bains the got of harshavardhan the virk or bains jat....

n jasselemer is ijjesslemeir even today on denmark-holland penninsala in jutland where other towns there are mor n arrihus...

there occurred no battle like haldi ghati... rana pratap tte us tte pahle hi bhaj liya thya...saari zindagi bhajta phirya yo bhalla manas aur last me chetak bhi thuk liya is bhagode nne bhagate bhagate... aur is bhagode ne bhagate bhagate us bechare ghode ke pran pakhure ud gaye...

he had no courage to be arrested like bhagat singh....

aur last tak bhi aqbar badshah yo balkh bukhare wala aansu peet peet ke roya ukk bhai yo kisya manas sse jis ka baap mera ghulam aur beta bhi per hatth koni thyave...marte dum tuk... no one knows where lastly Rana died.... another fictitious theory is there like prithvi raj raso...we only know up to the extent that rana was weeping with his dead body of chetak jo usse bhaga bhaga ke thuk ke mar gaya tha...udde nne kiti nne koi shakti singh us tte bhent karye thya...jo swayam aqbar ke dar ke mare haldi ghati me present koni thya...
    Last edited by snandal1; November 5th, 2008 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Patachchara is sanskritized form of Pachar in Prakrat.
    Mahabharata mentions both Pattachchara (पटच्चर) or Pattachchara (पतच्चर)

पाञ्चालाश चेथिमत्स्याश च शूरसेनाः पटच्चराः
    दशार्णा नव राष्ट्रं च मल्लाः शाल्व युगंधराः (IV.1.9)
    Meaning-
    In the thirteenth year of vanavasa Pandavas are supposed to pass their days undiscovered in the city of Virata. This is mentioned in Virata Parva.

Arjuna suggests to Yudhisthira, "...for purposes of residence, I shall mention some spots that are both delightful and secluded. Do thou select some one of them. Surrounding the kingdom of the Kurus, are, many countries beautiful and abounding in corn, such as Panchala, Chedi, Matsya, Surasena, Pattachchara, Dasarna, Navarashtra, Malla, Shalva, Yugandhara, Saurashtra, Avanti, and the spacious Kuntirashtra."

Now Pattachchara is mentioned with Surasena (Sura Jat Clan), Malla (Malla or Malli Jat clan) and Dasarna (Daspuria Jat clan). So Pattachchara can not be any thing other than Pachar.

शूरसेना भद्र कारा बॊधाः शाल्वाः पतच चराः
    सुस्दराश च सुकुट्टाश च कुणिन्थाः कुन्तिभिः सह (II.13.25)

In the above shloka also Pattachchara is mentioned with Sura, Bhadra, bodha, Shalva and all these are Jat clans.

Raviji no Jat historian has suggested links with Mahabharata tribes with such evidences. Please try to understand sanskrit. It is not Jumble of information as said by you - "you are presenting a Jumble of information". It was done with great search from Mahabharat and not only Jat historians but others also did not try to make out sense from these information.

What harm will be done by this discussion I would like to know ? If Jats were there in Mahabharata period in what way it is against Jats?
    yes jats were present during mahabharat times, but burdakji mahabharat is bronze age civilization, pre-hucca.. pre-iron civilization... while daaru n copper/gold is mentioned in mahabharat... nowhere .... hucca n iron... is mentioned n e where .... no where radha is mentioned... its only one rukmani that krishna had...vo 16000 rani of krasna is fraud like 16000 rani of chittoregarh is fraud..in the time of khilji...

n this jodhpur naresh murdered dayanand in the garb of nanhin jan because he was too good a preacher...

shyam ji krishn verma turned pratham swadhinta sangram as 1857 revolution where nahar was hanged for nation...

rana pratap to hang bhi koni hoya... khali chittore pe ladya ... desh dharam tte us ke baap ki bhi bus ki koni...

jahan koi ek fotu koi rana pratap ka le kar aata hai vahan nahar singh ka kyon nahin ?

alll history is biased. n we jats are making it biased... jat khud rana pratap ka fotu.. bhagat singh ke saath kharidta hai...

i'm suggesting a new question how our indian govt picks up kranti karis?

but b4 that jat himself is the biggest moorkh upon earth...till today they are asking the benefits of reservation????????????

jaise rajput kabhi barood ki keemat nahin samajh paye aur har invader ke samne khud sir jhuka kar sare hindustan ka sir jhukvaya.....

ek sher shah suri ban gaya tha king babur ke baad us ne saare hindustan ka naksha badal ke rakh diya.

saari national highways aaj tuk usi ke naam par hain...

last me vo ek baaroodi top ka nirikshan karte hue hi mara gaya...

aur in rajputon ko aqbar ne

aur yahan tuk auranzeb ne kitni door tak topkhane se door rakha? ye sawai jai singh us aqbar ke pithoo ki katha swayam jaipur me us ki top kahti hai...

n e way jat aaj ki taarikh me vo hi galti kar rahe hain aarakhan ke vishaY ME jo ki rajpooton ne barood ka muquabla talwar se karne ki koshish ki thi..saari history rajput se bhari padi jaise ki asli khatriya ye hi the ... aur in ke saath aaj thuk jo hua ... aur in ke kaaran hindustan ka jo hua... vo jag ... zahir hai...

Jat will be another rajput if he does not understand resrvation....
    Last edited by Samarkadian; November 5th, 2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Concrete post.

Some useful tips to understand sanskrit

अनुस्वार (.) - स्वर के बाद नासिका से उच्चारण होने वाली ध्वनि को अनुस्वार कहते हैं. निचे प्रत्येक लाइन में अनुस्वार (.) का सही उच्चारण बताया गया है . इसका उच्चारण आगे आने वाले व्यंजन के पंचम वर्ण के समान होता है. इसके उच्चारण में ज्यादातर लोग गलती करते हैं. जैसे -

अंक में अनुस्वार का उच्चारण क् के पंचम वर्ण ङ् के समान होता है. सही उच्चारण - अङ्क

अंजलि में अनुस्वार का उच्चारण च् के पंचम वर्ण ञ् के समान होता है. सही उच्चारण - अञ्जलि

दंड में अनुस्वार का उच्चारण ट् के पंचम वर्ण ण् के समान होता है. सही उच्चारण - दण्ड

अंतर में अनुस्वार का उच्चारण त् के पंचम वर्ण न् के समान होता है. सही उच्चारण - अन्तर

भूकंप में अनुस्वार का उच्चारण प् के पंचम वर्ण म् के समान होता है. सही उच्चारण - भूकम्प
    Laxman Burdak

can anyone throw some light on this identity... i appreciate his knowledge wch is amazing, but to me he seems to be a jig-saw puzzle (with due respect). i would also like to know about his contributions on JAT HISTORY... if any?
    v
    v
    v

saurav nandal

n this jodhpur naresh murdered dayanand in the garb of nanhin jan because he was too good a preacher...

shyam ji krishn verma turned pratham swadhinta sangram as 1857 revolution where nahar was hanged for nation...

rana pratap to hang bhi koni hoya... khali chittore pe ladya ... desh dharam tte us ke baap ki bhi bus ki koni...

jahan koi ek fotu koi rana pratap ka le kar aata hai vahan nahar singh ka kyon nahin
    ?
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Sanskrit Grammar - the magical sutras of Panini

कण्ठ, तालु, मूर्धा, दन्त, ओष्ठ और नासिका - ये मुख्य उच्चारण स्थान हैं । यदि हम पाणिनी की व्याकरण (अष्टाध्यायी) के ये सूत्र याद कर लें तो इनका स्वरूप व स्थान कभी भूलेंगे नहीं । ये छोटे सूत्र ये हैं :

अकुहविसर्जनीयानां कंठः - अ, आ, 'क' वर्ग के अक्षर (क-ख-ग-घ-ङ), ह और विसर्ग - इनका उच्चारण स्थान कंठ होता है ।

इचुयशानां तालु - इ, ई, 'च' वर्ग के अक्षर (च-छ-ज-झ-ञ), य और श - इनका उच्चारण स्थान तालु होता है ।

ऋटुरषाणां मूर्धा - ऋ, 'ट' वर्ग के अक्षर (ट-ठ-ड-ढ-ण) र और ष - ये मूर्धा से बोले जाते हैं ।

ॡतुलसानां दन्ताः - ॡ, 'त' वर्ग के अक्षर (त-थ-द-ध-न) और स - ये दांतों से उच्चारित होते हैं - जब तक हमारी जीभ दांतों को नहीं छूती, ये नहीं बोले जा सकते ।

उपूपध्मानीयानामोष्टौ - उ, ऊ 'प' वर्ग के अक्षर (प-फ-ब-भ-म) और सीटी (ध्मा) की आवाज - ये सब ओठों से उच्चारित होते हैं

ञमङणनानां नासिका च - ङ, ञ, ण, न, म - ये अपने-अपने वर्ग के अतिरिक्त नासिका द्वारा भी उच्चारित होते हैं । यदि अपने नाक को हम उंगलियों से दबा कर ये अक्षर बोलें तो ध्वनि नहीं निकलेगी ।

वकारस्य कण्ठोष्ठं - 'व' शब्द कंठ और ओंठों से बोला जाता है ।

हमारी जीभ उच्चारण में विशेष योग देती है, फिर भी ’जिह्वा’ या जीभ को महर्षि पाणिनि ने कोई जगह नहीं दी क्योंकि अकेली जीभ कोई शब्द नहीं निकाल सकती ! है न मजेदार बात !

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    can anyone throw some light on this identity... i appreciate his knowledge wch is amazing, but to me he seems to be a jig-saw puzzle (with due respect). i would also like to know about his contributions on JAT HISTORY... if any?
    v
    v
    v

ब्रह्म जी, सौरव नन्दल जब भी लिखता है, कई पोस्ट धड़ाधड़ लिख जाता है और फिर जल्दी ही edit भी कर जाता है । शायद उसे यह कला नहीं आती कि इतनी सारी पोस्ट लिखने की बजाय एक ही पोस्ट में बहुत कुछ लिखा जा सकता है । उसकी रुचि इतिहास में है, चाहे इस मामले में उसका ज्ञान अधूरा ही हो । इतिहास में बहुतों की रुचि नहीं होती, सौरव इसमें रुचि लेता है, इसलिए उसको उत्साहित करना ही ठीक है ।

ऊपर जोधपुर नरेश का जिक्र किया गया है । जोधपुर नरेश ने स्वामी दयानन्द की हत्या नहीं की । इतनी कथा जरूर है कि जोधपुर नरेश एक बार एक नर्तकी जिसका नाम "नन्हीं जान" था, का नृत्य देखा करते थे । जब स्वामी दयानन्द का सामना जोधपुर नरेश से हुआ तो उन्होंने राजा को धमकाते हुए कहा - आप एक राजा या सिंह (शेर) हैं, एक कुतिया से मन बहलाना आपको शोभा नहीं देता । इतना सुनकर जोधपुर नरेश का हृदय बदल गया और उसने व्यसनों को त्याग कर प्रजा के हित में ध्यान देना आरंभ किया ।

वैसे राजपूत समाज में आर्यसमाज का प्रचार इतना नहीं फैला जितना जाटों में ।
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

this itself is ur answere respected deswal ji. kyon nahin faila ye gyan un me. kyon nahin faila ye gyan top ka un me. where within five years naksha badal diya suri ne hindeustan ka. he just rose from the status of mere sipahi.. but he really did have the knowledge of basic principles of rules say for example , like top khana...

koi praja ke hit me dhyan nahin diya us ne aur last tuk jub sare rajput raja pakistan me mil rahe the, ye khali mewar hi tha.. jis ne usse oppose kiya...

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    v
    v
    v
    forget it brahm, there nothing amazing in history... nai nai bal kitne ukk judgemann abhi samne aa jayenge.....

jat never could seperate this western UP from rest of UP where even garrhwalis could seperate it out. at all costs...

rajput to fir bhi apne aap ko bacha le ga ki un ke bus ki kuchh bhi nahin tha. sare hindustan/pakistam ke rajput apne aap ko registan se origin trace karte hain...

un ke pas chara hi kya tha?

lekin jat apne aap ko kahan tak bacha paye ga, jat to punjab haryana western UP se apna origin trace karte hain...

this was certainly better than registan....

aur jahan registan ke jat ek intelligent and intellectual decision le rahe hain vahan baki bahre poore jat itihass ko kya jawab denge..

noon majara ka ek lft RS Joon paida hua. He wrote that n e race that does not know ita past loses soon its future also..dahiya later copied his theories and expanded them, like newton copied kepler law n expanded it...n kepler in turn copied arya bhatta, n expended it...

n e way me aap sub jaton me se hi hun...aaur mere dil ka dard pahchano...history is known by the winners...napolean said..

jat always adopted the latest theories of science but where he failed... to me ... jat was known as found to be on horse back since birth when horse was the swiftest animal upon earth...hence all these ashwamedhadik rechayen yagya per upkar ko, dharm maryada chala kar labh den sansar ko ..

nitya shradha bhakti se yagyadi hum karte rahen rog peedit vishwa ke sanskar sub harte rahen...

bhawana mit jaye man se paap attyachar ki ...

bhawanayen poorn howen yagya se sub nar naar ki....

is samay jaton ke paas koi chara hi nahin hai, siway reservation ko adopt karne ka..

I simply edit my posts due to the reason ki kahin me kisi jat mahapurush ka apman to nahin kar gaya hun. but my all posts are consistent and cogent... as far as interst of jats are concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by snandal1 View Post
    n e way me aap sub jaton me se hi hun...aaur mere dil ka dard pahchano...history is known by the winners...napolean said..

jat always adopted the latest theories of science but where he failed... to me ... jat was known as found to be on horse back since birth when horse was the swiftest animal upon earth...hence all these

ashwamedhadik rechayen yagya per upkar ko, dharm maryada chala kar labh den sansar ko

nitya shradha bhakti se yagyadi hum karte rahen rog peedit vishwa ke sanskar sub harte rahen...

bhawana mit jaye man se paap attyachar ki ...

bhawanayen poorn howen yagya se sub nar naar ki....

is samay jaton ke paas koi chara hi nahin hai, siway reservation ko adopt karne ka..

I simply edit my posts due to the reason ki kahin me kisi jat mahapurush ka apman to nahin kar gaya hun. but my all posts are consistent and cogent... as far as interst of jats are concerned...
    !!! amen !!!
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

jatt... that no one knew b4 was such a word upon earth... the kind of which was never born.... in universe ... many simple words like rajputs as if just of yesterday... were born... but nothing jat... the splash of the whip...
    Last edited by snandal1; November 8th, 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Saran in Ramayana & Mahabharata

Saran in Ramayana

Yuddha Kanda/Sarga 26 in Ramayana mentions about Saran, the spy of Ravana. On hearing the submission of Sarana, Ravana climbs up the roof of his palace and sees the entire army of vanaras from there. Ravana enquires about the various vanara leaders and Sarana shows him Nila, Angada, Nala, Sweta, Kumuda, Rambha, Sarabha, Panasa, Vinata and Krathana the army-generals along with their distinguishing characteristics. Sarana along with Shuka find mention in Ramayana Yuddha Kanda Sarga 26-29.

तद् वचः पथ्यम् अक्लीबम् सारणेन अभिभाषितम् । निशम्य रावणो राजा प्रत्यभाषत सारणम् ॥६-२६-१॥
    सारण आचक्ष्व मे सर्वम् के प्रधानाः प्लवम् गमाः । सारणो राक्षस इन्द्रस्य वचनम् परिपृच्चतः ॥६-२६-१०॥

Saran in Mahabharata

Adi Parva Mahabharata Book 1 Chapter 211 in Subhadra-harana Parva mentions a grand festival of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas on Raivataka mountain. Sarana along with Gada, Vabhru, Nisatha, Charudeshna etc is mentioned in shloka 10 who accompanied by their wives adorned that mountain-festival. In this festival Subhadra is introduced as uterine sister of Saran.

अक्रूरः सारणश चैव गथॊ भानुर विडूरदः
    निशठश चारु थेष्णश च पृदुर विपृदुर एव च Mahabharata (I.211.10)

Sabha Parva, Mahabharata/Book II Chapter 31 gives the list of Kshatriyas brought tributes on Rajasuya sacrifice of Yudhisthira. This list in shloka 5 mentions about Saran king along with Aniruddha, Vabhru, Gada, Pradumna, Samba, Charudeshna.

रामश चैवानिरुथ्धश च बभ्रुश च सह सारणः
    गथ परथ्युम्न साम्बाश च चारु थेष्णश च वीर्यवान Mahabharata (II.31.5)

Vana Parva, Mahabharata/Book III Chapter 267 shloka 52 mentions about Saran as counselor and officer of Ravana along with Shuka, who came as spies while Rama along with Vanaras were planning to cross the ocean and arrive at Lanka.

तत्रास्तां रावणामात्यौ राक्षसौ शुक-सारणौ
    चारौ वानररूपेण तौ जग्राह विभीषणः Mahabharata (III.267.52)
    Last edited by lrburdak; November 8th, 2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

Kakasur of kamsa who was sent him to kill krishna was kakran jat

Thumbs up

Nice info burdak ji .........हमेशा की तरह

Aulak or Ola clan in Mahabharata & Rigveda

In Mahabharata

Ulūka (उलूक), Son of Kitava, was king of a country and people of the same name in Mahabharata. He was an ally of the Kauravas, and acted as their envoy to the Pandavas. He has been mentioned in various Parvas of Mahabharata.

Sabha Parva, Mahabharata/Book II Chapter 24 mentions that Arjuna after subjugating the king of Pragjyotisha, marched towards the north--the direction presided over by the lord of treasures, then conquered the mountainous tracts. Then Vrihanta, the king of Uluka gave battle to Falguna (Arjuna) and the fight that took place between Vrihanta and Arjuna was terrible. Arjuna snatched out the kingdom from Vrihanta, but having made peace with him marched, accompanied by that king, against Senavindu whom he soon expelled from his kingdom. After this he subjugated Modapura, Vamadeva, Sudaman, Susankula, the Northern Ulukas, and the kings of those countries and peoples.

तैर एव सहितः सर्वैर अनुरज्य च तान नृपान
    कुलूतवासिनं राजन बृहन्तम उपजग्मिवान (II.24.4)
    स तथ राज्यम अवस्दाप्य कुलूत सहितॊ ययौ
    सेना बिन्थुम अदॊ राजन राज्याथ आशु समाक्षिपत (II.24.9)
    मॊथा पुरं वामथेवं सुथामानं सुसंकुलम
    कुलूतान उत्तरांश चैव तांश च राज्ञः समानयत (II.24.10)

In Uluka Dutagamana Parva of Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 157 Pandavas are encamped by the side of the river Hiranwati, the Kauravas also fixed their camps. Duryodhana after cosulting kings on his side sends Uluka King as messenger to Pandavas camp to tell his message to Yudhishthira in presence of Krishna. (V.157.3)

उलूक गच्छ कैतव्य पाण्डवान सह सॊमकान
    गत्वा मम वचॊ बरूहि वासुथेवस्य शृण्वतः (V.157.3)
    तं च तूबरकम मूढं बह्व आशिनम अविथ्यकम
    उलूक मथ्वचॊ बरूया असकृथ भीमसेनकम (V.157.16)

Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 158 describes that having reached the Pandava camp, the King Uluka presented himself before the Pandavas, and addressed Yudhishthira, 'You are fully conversant with what envoys say! Do not to be angry with me if I repeat those words only which Duryodhana had instructed me to tell!'

"Hearing this, Yudhishthira said, O Uluka! Tell us, without any anxiety what are the views of the covetous Duryodhana of limited sight!' (V.158.3) Then in the midst and presence of the illustrious and high-souled Pandavas, of the Srinjayas, and Krishna possessed of great fame, of Drupada with his sons, of Virata, and of all monarchs, Uluka gave the message of Duryodhana.

उलूक न भयं ते ऽसति बरूहि तवं विगतज्वरः
    यन मतं धार्तराष्ट्रस्य लुब्धस्याथीर्घ थर्शिनः (V.158.3)

ततॊ थयुतिमतां मध्ये पाण्डवानां महात्मनाम
    सृञ्जयानां च सर्वेषां कृष्णस्य च यशस्विनः (V.158.4)

थरुपथस्य सपुत्रस्य विराटस्य च संनिधौ
    भूमिपानां च सर्वेषां मध्ये वाक्यं जगाथ ह (V.158.5)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 68 mentions that Sahadeva proceeded against those invincible warriors, viz., Sakuni and that mighty car-warrior Uluka, those great bowmen, who were sire and son. (VI.68.5)

सहथेवस तु शकुनिम उलूकं च महारदम
    पिता पुत्रौ महेष्वासाव अभ्यवर्तत थुर्जयौ (VI.68.5)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 18 mentions about war of Uluka king with Yuyutsu in shlokas 1-11. Having vanquished Yuyutsu, son of King Dhritarashtra in battle, Uluka proceeded quickly towards the Panchalas and the Srinjayas and began to slaughter them with sharp shafts.

तं निर्जित्य रणे राजन्न उलूकस तवरितॊ ययौ
    पाञ्चालान सृञ्जयांश चैव विनिघ्नन निशितैः शरैः (VIII.18.11)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 44 mentions

नकुलॊ वृषसेनं च चित्रसेनं समभ्ययात
    उलूकं समरे राजन सहथेवः समभ्ययात (VIII.44.12)

In Rigveda

Rigveda mentions about Aulan: (RV X/98/11). They are stated to be the descendants of King Ula, and Santanu was name of the Aulan King. They are to be identified with the present Aulan clan of the Jats. The Rig Veda/Mandala 10 Hymn 98[1] shloka 11 writes about this clan as under:

एतान्यग्ने नवतिं सहस्रा सं पर यछ वर्ष्ण इन्द्रायभागम |
    विद्वान पथ रतुशो देवयानानप्यौलानं दिविदेवेषु धेहि ||
    Meaning - Give thou these ninety thousand loads, O Agni, to Indra, to the Bull, to be his portion. Knowing the paths which Deities duly travel, set mid the Gods in heaven Aulana also.

Nagavanshi kshatriyas

They are Nagavanshi or Chandravanshi kshatriyas. Ayu was a chandravanshi Samrat in whose nineth generation was born Alarva. Alarva had two sons namely Kaiyan and Nagas. Descendents of Nagas were called Nagavanshi. Nagavansh had eight branches: 1. Vasati or Vais 2. Taxak 3. Aulakh 4. Kalkal 5. Kala, Kali, Dhaman, Kalkhande 6. Meetha 7. Bharshiv 8. Bharaich.

In Dwapar Yuga one descendent of Nagavansh was Ulukh who ruled in state of Ulukh. The arrival of King Ulukh into the Sabha of Yudhishthira has been mentioned in Sabhaparva of Mahabharat. The inhabitants of Ulukh state and the descendants of Raja Ulukh were known as Aulakh or Aula or Ola.

Ola in Tamil language

Word Ola is found in Tamil language. In Manimekhalai, one of the most ancient pieces of literature of the the Tamils, there is mention of word Ola. The waves of the sea were known to the tamils as Ola.[2]

In Central Asia

We find mention of Ola in Central Asia in the form of a mountain. The Tannu-Ola mountains (Tuvan: Таңды-Уула Tangdy-Uula mountains) is a mountain range in southern Siberia, in the Tuva Republic of Russia. It extends in an east-west direction and curves along the Mongolian border. Its highest peaks reaches 2,930 m.

Jat Gotra

As per grammar rules the Jat clan name name Aulak, is derived from Uluka, the name of the country and King. [3] Perhaps the Iranian Uruk, Indian Uraga was their country. [4]

Majority of this clan people are Sikhs in Punjab. There are many villages of this gotra in Ambala district. Hindu jats of this gotra write Ola in Rajasthan.

References

1. ↑ http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Ri...ala_10/Hymn_98
    2. ↑ Dr Naval Viyogi: Nagas – The Ancient Rulers of India, Their Origins and History (The History of the Indigenous people of India Vol. 2), Published by Originals (an imprint of Low Price Publications), Delhi, 2002, ISBN 81-7536-287-1, P.45
    3. ↑ YP Shastri, Jat Kshatriya Itihas, 1944
    4. ↑ Bhim Singh Dahiya, Jats the Ancient Rulers, p. 245
    Laxman Burdak