Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Jats in Indian epics

Quote Originally Posted by snandal1 View Post
    Kakasur of kamsa who was sent him to kill krishna was kakran jat
    excuse me sir ,there is no mention of KAKASUR in entire krishna lila or mahabharat , how easily do you relate him to kakran jat :

but there is mention of one demon whose name was bakasur , he went to krishna's place to kill him . but got killed by krishna, according to your analogy he should be a bakran jat do you know any bakran jat :eek:.

please refresh ur knowledge, bakasur was killed by bhima, when they were in agyat was...ek manas ne roz khave tha va bakasur ... va te jodhpur naresh ka bhi baap jis ki vaisya itne bade preacher ne kha gayi... jo roz us nne god me bithaya karta.. jo pakistan me milne ja raha tha...

vo bakasur was bhakhar jat, bakkar, baukkar, walker....etc...demons were.. jats...

compare them with bhakhar.. jats of ballabgarh...

zakhmi ho kar bauker bhaga usse azab hairani thi, bundele har bolon ke mukh hum ne suni kahani thi..

khub ladi mardani vo to jhansi wali rani thi...

here that angrez is walker, like jat used to be a nomad , like aryan, was jat...

because jats attacked england about 1500 years back....n.. made all of them jats... inflicting upon them their original gots.. that those english ... maintained till today..

krisna the jutt from low sudra jutt family was mentioned as jat by alberuni...

however its a point to be deliberated whether jats were demons, but it clearly proves that jats at least existed in that period...

we.. derive history from ptolemy...the periphlus of erythrian sea..

we derive history from puranas where there is no mention of allexander, where smith dedicates his chapters to allexander....

where there is no mention of porus jat at jhelum in n e purans of indian history....

history comes from nowhere regarding jats, but with a commen sense, why all ruling dynasties of world are found in jat jati ke chidiya ghar..me.?

why jats are found in the most important land of world? till today? since times unknowns?

n y all indian history is flooded with rajputs?

had they been so brave they should have been found in the most beautiful land of the world, where jats are found...

Quote Originally Posted by snandal1 View Post
    please refresh ur knowledge, bakasur was killed by bhima, when they were in agyat was...ek manas ne roz khave tha va bakasur ... va te jodhpur naresh ka bhi baap jis ki vaisya itne bade preacher ne kha gayi... jo roz us nne god me bithaya karta.. jo pakistan me milne ja raha tha...
    sure sir, why not,
    but result is same.there is no kakasur demon neither jat nor rajput , how did you arrive at kakasur ,

i humbly beg to differ a little sir jee,

kans sent many demons to kill krishna which ,these were half animal , these are
    1-akasur -buffalow
    2-bakasur-bird crane
    3-brishbhasur - ox
    4-hayasur keshi -horse
    none of the above are jat they should be rajput the villain ok:D

and regarding bhima killing bakasur ,a deeper foray/ study will show that
    the demon killed by bhima was bhritrasur or brihatrasur ,he was killed to save a brahmin ,being eaten by demon,
    Last edited by singhran; November 15th, 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by singhran View Post
    sure sir, why not,
    but result is same.there is no kakasur demon neither jat nor rajput , how did you arrived at kakasur ,

i humbly beg to differ a little sir jee,

kans sent many demons to kill krishna which ,these were half animal , these are
    1-akasur -buffalow
    2-bakasur-bird crane
    3-brishbhasur - ox
    4-hayasur keshi -horse
    none of the above are jat they should be rajput the villain ok:D

and regarding bhima killing bakasur ,a deeper foray/ study will show that
    the demon killed by bhima was bhritrasur or brihatrasur ,he was killed to save a brahmin ,being eaten by demon,
    bhai mere jaise hume itihaas me padaya gaya hain ki Rajput kashtriye jaati 8vi sadhi me Mount Abu parvat par ek yaag me paida hui thhi. jisme rajput jaati ke 4 gottar ke kashtriye ne janam liya thha Solanki , Chauhan , Parmar , Partihaar/Parihaar. Mahabharat/Ramayan ke samaye to ya Rajput jaati thhi hi nahi.
    " जाट हारा नहीं कभी रण में तीर तोप तलवारों से ,
    जाट तो हारा हैं , गद्दारों से दरबारों से
    |"

" इस कौम का ईलाही दुखड़ा किसे सुनाऊ ?
    डर हैं के इसके गम में घुल घुल के न मर जाऊँ || "
    ...........................चौ.छोटूराम ओहल्याण

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    In Mahabharata

Ulūka (उलूक), Son of Kitava, was king of a country and people of the same name in Mahabharata. He was an ally of the Kauravas, and acted as their envoy to the Pandavas. He has been mentioned in various Parvas of Mahabharata.

Sabha Parva, Mahabharata/Book II Chapter 24 mentions that Arjuna after subjugating the king of Pragjyotisha, marched towards the north--the direction presided over by the lord of treasures, then conquered the mountainous tracts. Then Vrihanta, the king of Uluka gave battle to Falguna (Arjuna) and the fight that took place between Vrihanta and Arjuna was terrible. Arjuna snatched out the kingdom from Vrihanta, but having made peace with him marched, accompanied by that king, against Senavindu whom he soon expelled from his kingdom. After this he subjugated Modapura, Vamadeva, Sudaman, Susankula, the Northern Ulukas, and the kings of those countries and peoples.

तैर एव सहितः सर्वैर अनुरज्य च तान नृपान
    कुलूतवासिनं राजन बृहन्तम उपजग्मिवान (II.24.4)
    स तथ राज्यम अवस्दाप्य कुलूत सहितॊ ययौ
    सेना बिन्थुम अदॊ राजन राज्याथ आशु समाक्षिपत (II.24.9)
    मॊथा पुरं वामथेवं सुथामानं सुसंकुलम
    कुलूतान उत्तरांश चैव तांश च राज्ञः समानयत (II.24.10)

In Uluka Dutagamana Parva of Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 157 Pandavas are encamped by the side of the river Hiranwati, the Kauravas also fixed their camps. Duryodhana after cosulting kings on his side sends Uluka King as messenger to Pandavas camp to tell his message to Yudhishthira in presence of Krishna. (V.157.3)

उलूक गच्छ कैतव्य पाण्डवान सह सॊमकान
    गत्वा मम वचॊ बरूहि वासुथेवस्य शृण्वतः (V.157.3)
    तं च तूबरकम मूढं बह्व आशिनम अविथ्यकम
    उलूक मथ्वचॊ बरूया असकृथ भीमसेनकम (V.157.16)

Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 158 describes that having reached the Pandava camp, the King Uluka presented himself before the Pandavas, and addressed Yudhishthira, 'You are fully conversant with what envoys say! Do not to be angry with me if I repeat those words only which Duryodhana had instructed me to tell!'

"Hearing this, Yudhishthira said, O Uluka! Tell us, without any anxiety what are the views of the covetous Duryodhana of limited sight!' (V.158.3) Then in the midst and presence of the illustrious and high-souled Pandavas, of the Srinjayas, and Krishna possessed of great fame, of Drupada with his sons, of Virata, and of all monarchs, Uluka gave the message of Duryodhana.

उलूक न भयं ते ऽसति बरूहि तवं विगतज्वरः
    यन मतं धार्तराष्ट्रस्य लुब्धस्याथीर्घ थर्शिनः (V.158.3)

ततॊ थयुतिमतां मध्ये पाण्डवानां महात्मनाम
    सृञ्जयानां च सर्वेषां कृष्णस्य च यशस्विनः (V.158.4)

थरुपथस्य सपुत्रस्य विराटस्य च संनिधौ
    भूमिपानां च सर्वेषां मध्ये वाक्यं जगाथ ह (V.158.5)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 68 mentions that Sahadeva proceeded against those invincible warriors, viz., Sakuni and that mighty car-warrior Uluka, those great bowmen, who were sire and son. (VI.68.5)

सहथेवस तु शकुनिम उलूकं च महारदम
    पिता पुत्रौ महेष्वासाव अभ्यवर्तत थुर्जयौ (VI.68.5)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 18 mentions about war of Uluka king with Yuyutsu in shlokas 1-11. Having vanquished Yuyutsu, son of King Dhritarashtra in battle, Uluka proceeded quickly towards the Panchalas and the Srinjayas and began to slaughter them with sharp shafts.

तं निर्जित्य रणे राजन्न उलूकस तवरितॊ ययौ
    पाञ्चालान सृञ्जयांश चैव विनिघ्नन निशितैः शरैः (VIII.18.11)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 44 mentions

नकुलॊ वृषसेनं च चित्रसेनं समभ्ययात
    उलूकं समरे राजन सहथेवः समभ्ययात (VIII.44.12)

In Rigveda

Rigveda mentions about Aulan: (RV X/98/11). They are stated to be the descendants of King Ula, and Santanu was name of the Aulan King. They are to be identified with the present Aulan clan of the Jats. The Rig Veda/Mandala 10 Hymn 98[1] shloka 11 writes about this clan as under:

एतान्यग्ने नवतिं सहस्रा सं पर यछ वर्ष्ण इन्द्रायभागम |
    विद्वान पथ रतुशो देवयानानप्यौलानं दिविदेवेषु धेहि ||
    Meaning - Give thou these ninety thousand loads, O Agni, to Indra, to the Bull, to be his portion. Knowing the paths which Deities duly travel, set mid the Gods in heaven Aulana also.

Nagavanshi kshatriyas

They are Nagavanshi or Chandravanshi kshatriyas. Ayu was a chandravanshi Samrat in whose nineth generation was born Alarva. Alarva had two sons namely Kaiyan and Nagas. Descendents of Nagas were called Nagavanshi. Nagavansh had eight branches: 1. Vasati or Vais 2. Taxak 3. Aulakh 4. Kalkal 5. Kala, Kali, Dhaman, Kalkhande 6. Meetha 7. Bharshiv 8. Bharaich.

In Dwapar Yuga one descendent of Nagavansh was Ulukh who ruled in state of Ulukh. The arrival of King Ulukh into the Sabha of Yudhishthira has been mentioned in Sabhaparva of Mahabharat. The inhabitants of Ulukh state and the descendants of Raja Ulukh were known as Aulakh or Aula or Ola.

Ola in Tamil language

Word Ola is found in Tamil language. In Manimekhalai, one of the most ancient pieces of literature of the the Tamils, there is mention of word Ola. The waves of the sea were known to the tamils as Ola.[2]

In Central Asia

We find mention of Ola in Central Asia in the form of a mountain. The Tannu-Ola mountains (Tuvan: Таңды-Уула Tangdy-Uula mountains) is a mountain range in southern Siberia, in the Tuva Republic of Russia. It extends in an east-west direction and curves along the Mongolian border. Its highest peaks reaches 2,930 m.

Jat Gotra

As per grammar rules the Jat clan name name Aulak, is derived from Uluka, the name of the country and King. [3] Perhaps the Iranian Uruk, Indian Uraga was their country. [4]

Majority of this clan people are Sikhs in Punjab. There are many villages of this gotra in Ambala district. Hindu jats of this gotra write Ola in Rajasthan.

References

1. ↑ http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Ri...ala_10/Hymn_98
    2. ↑ Dr Naval Viyogi: Nagas – The Ancient Rulers of India, Their Origins and History (The History of the Indigenous people of India Vol. 2), Published by Originals (an imprint of Low Price Publications), Delhi, 2002, ISBN 81-7536-287-1, P.45
    3. ↑ YP Shastri, Jat Kshatriya Itihas, 1944
    4. ↑ Bhim Singh Dahiya, Jats the Ancient Rulers, p. 245

here is some ola/olah

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	none 009.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	3121
    Last edited by anrtish; November 15th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.

Nehra clan in Ramayana, Rigveda and Mahabharata

In Ramayana

In Ramayana - Balakanda Sarga 22 when King Dasharatha sends Rama and Lakshmana along with Sage Vishvamitra, in their course of travel, Vishvamitra imparts a secret knowledge by which Nairritas can not charge them either sleeping or unvigilant. [I-22-13]. Here Nairritas may be identified with Nehras.

न च सुप्तम् प्रमत्तम् वा धर्ष इष्यन्ति नैरृताः
    न बाह्वोः सदृशो वीर्ये पृथिव्याम् अस्ति कश्चन ॥१-२२-१३॥

Nehra in Rigveda

Nehra is a Rigvedic clan according to the historian Bhim Singh Dahiya. In Rigveda it is mentioned as Narya (RV VIII/24/29).

नार्यस्य दक्षिणा वयश्वानेतु सोमिनः |
    सथूरं च राधः शतवत सहस्रवत || (RV VIII/24/29)

ā nāryasya dakṣiṇā vyaśvānetu sominaḥ |
    sthūraṃ ca rādhaḥ śatavat sahasravat || (RV VIII/24/29)

A king of this tribe is mentioned as a great donor, son of Nara (I/112/9)

याभिः सिन्धुं मधुमन्तमसश्चतं वसिष्ठं याभिरजरावजिन्वतम |
    याभिः कुत्सं शरुतर्यं नर्यमावतं ताभिर... || (I/112/9)

yābhiḥ sindhuṃ madhumantamasaścataṃ vasiṣṭhaṃ yābhirajarāvajinvatam |
    yābhiḥ kutsaṃ śrutaryaṃ naryamāvataṃ tābhir... || (I/112/9)

Meaning - "Wherewith ye quickened the most sweet exhaustless flood, and comforted Vasistha, ye who ne'er decay; And to Srutarya, Kutsa, Narya gave your help,--Come hither unto us, O Asvins, with those aids."

The Rig Veda/Mandala 1/Hymn 54 shloka 6 writes about Narya as under:

तवमाविथ नर्यं तुर्वशं यदुं तवं तुर्वीतिं वय्यंशतक्रतो |
    तवं रथमेतशं कर्त्व्ये धने तवं पुरो नवतिं दम्भयो नव || (I.54.6)

tvamāvitha naryaṃ turvaśaṃ yaduṃ tvaṃ turvītiṃ vayyaṃśatakrato |
    tvaṃ rathametaśaṃ kṛtvye dhane tvaṃ puro navatiṃ dambhayo nava || (I.54.6)

Meaning - "Thou helpest Narya, Turvasa, and Yadu, and Vayya's son Turviti, Satakratu! Thou helpest horse and car in final battle thou breakest down the nine-and-ninety castles."

According to Bhim Singh Dahiya they are to be identified with Nara or Nehra clan of the Jats, the Nairi of West Asia. Assyrian inscriptions of Shalmaneser I (ca. 1270 BC) first mention a loose confederation called the Urartu or Nairi in North-East Anatolia, in the region around Lake Van.

In Mahabharata

Vana Parva, Mahabharata/Book III Chapter 164 also mentions in shloka 30 where Arjuna learns about arms of Nairritas along with Gandharvas, Marutas, Siddhas etc. :

साध्यं पैतामहं चैव गन्धर्वॊरगरक्षसाम
    वैष्णवानि च सर्वाणि नैरृतानि तदैव च
    मथ्गतानि च यानीह सर्वास्त्राणि कुरूथ्वह (III.164.30)

In Vana Parva, Mahabharata/Book III Chapter 170 Arjuna destroys the city of the Daityas and mentions Nairritas along with Guhyas. (III.170.45)

गुह्यकानां च संग्रामे नैरृतानां तदैव च
    झषाणां गजवक्त्राणाम उलूकानां तदैव च (III.170.45)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 10 mentions the name of province of Nehras along with Shakas, Matsyas, Anartas and Nishadas in shloka 50 as under:

शका निषादा निषधास तदैवानर्तनैरृताः
    दुगूलाः परतिमत्स्याश च कुशलाः (VI.10.50)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 20 mentions about warriors of the Andhakas, Vrishnis and the Bhojas races, as also by the warriors of Nairritas and Surashtras well-armed and well-acquainted with the uses of weapons, and which was led by Kritavarman, proceeded towards the south of the army. (VI.20.14)

महारदैर अन्धकवृष्णिभॊजैः; सौराष्ट्रकैर नैरृतैर आत्तशस्त्रैः
    बृहथ्बलः कृतवर्माभिगुप्तॊ; बलं तवथीयं थक्षिणतॊ ऽभिपाति (VI.20.14)

Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 44 mentions names of combatants All of them came to the ceremony for investing Kartikeya with the status of generalissimo. The gods then made over to Skanda the celestial host, invincible, abounding with celestial troops, capable of destroying the enemies of the gods, and of forms like that of Vishnu.(IX.44.25)

तदा देव ददुस तस्मै सेनां नैरृतसांकुलाम
    देवशत्रुक्षयकरीम अजय्यां विश्वरूपिणीम (IX.44.25)

Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 45 mentions large bands of the mothers, that became the companions of Kumara. One of them was Nairriti (IX.45.49)

सा सेना नैरृती भीमा सघण्टॊच्छ्रितकेतना
    सभेरी शङ्खमुरजा सायुधा सपताकिनी
    शारथी थयौर इवाभाति जयॊतिर्भिर उपशॊभिता

In Puranas

Nahra (नहरा) & Nara (नारा) : The Markandeya Purana mentions them as Niharas. [8] Nāhrā and Nārā are treated as different clans although they may be one.

Nehra by Megasthenes

There is mention of Nehra people by Greek writer Megasthenes (350BC- 290BC) in his book Indica as Narae, the people who were enclosed by the loftiest of Indian mountains, Capitalia. The inhabitants on the other side of this mountain work extensive mines of gold and silver. (See at S.No. - Jat clans as described by Megasthenes)
    Laxman Burdak

न च सुप्तम् प्रमत्तम् वा धर्ष इष्यन्ति नैरृताः
    न बाह्वोः सदृशो वीर्ये पृथिव्याम् अस्ति कश्चन ॥१-२२-१३॥

Nehra in Rigveda

Nehra is a Rigvedic clan according to the historian Bhim Singh Dahiya. In Rigveda it is mentioned as Narya (RV VIII/24/29).

नार्यस्य दक्षिणा वयश्वानेतु सोमिनः |
    सथूरं च राधः शतवत सहस्रवत || (RV VIII/24/29)

ā nāryasya dakṣiṇā vyaśvānetu sominaḥ |
    sthūraṃ ca rādhaḥ śatavat sahasravat || (RV VIII/24/29)

A king of this tribe is mentioned as a great donor, son of Nara (I/112/9)

याभिः सिन्धुं मधुमन्तमसश्चतं वसिष्ठं याभिरजरावजिन्वतम |
    याभिः कुत्सं शरुतर्यं नर्यमावतं ताभिर... || (I/112/9)

साध्यं पैतामहं चैव गन्धर्वॊरगरक्षसाम
    वैष्णवानि च सर्वाणि नैरृतानि तदैव च
    मथ्गतानि च यानीह सर्वास्त्राणि कुरूथ्वह (III.164.30)

गुह्यकानां च संग्रामे नैरृतानां तदैव च
    झषाणां गजवक्त्राणाम उलूकानां तदैव च (III.170.45)

शका निषादा निषधास तदैवानर्तनैरृताः
    दुगूलाः परतिमत्स्याश च कुशलाः (VI.10.50)

महारदैर अन्धकवृष्णिभॊजैः; सौराष्ट्रकैर नैरृतैर आत्तशस्त्रैः
    बृहथ्बलः कृतवर्माभिगुप्तॊ; बलं तवथीयं थक्षिणतॊ ऽभिपाति (VI.20.14)

तदा देव ददुस तस्मै सेनां नैरृतसांकुलाम
    देवशत्रुक्षयकरीम अजय्यां विश्वरूपिणीम (IX.44.25)

सा सेनानैरृती भीमा सघण्टॊच्छ्रितकेतना
    सभेरी शङ्खमुरजा सायुधा सपताकिनी
    शारथी थयौर इवाभाति जयॊतिर्भिर उपशॊभिता
    Burdak ji, Namaste. The word "नैरृत" seems to be gramatically wrong. It should perhaps be replaced by "नैऋत".
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Deswalji Namsakar !

It is written "नैरृत" only on all online sources of Ramayana, Mahabharata and Rigveda. Can you confirm from any hardcopy? It looks odd to me also but it is there.

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Deswalji Namsakar !

It is written "नैरृत" only on all online sources of Ramayana, Mahabharata and Rigveda. Can you confirm from any hardcopy? It looks odd to me also but it is there.

Regards,
    I would try to see some hard copy, Burdak ji. By the way, the word नैऋत also appears in Satyarthprakash (famous Jatji-Popji katha), a portion is quoted below.

पोपजी - नहीं-नहीं, वहाँ इस दान के पुण्य के प्रभाव से दूसरी गाय बनकर उसको उतार दिया होगा ।
    जाटजी - वैतरणी नदी यहाँ से कितनी दूर और किधर की ओर है ?
    पोपजी - अनुमान से कोई तीस करोड़ कोश दूर है । क्योंकि उञ्चास कोटि योजन पृथ्वी है और दक्षिण नैऋत दिशा में वैतरणी नदी है ।
    जाटजी - इतनी दूर से तुम्हारी चिट्ठी वा तार का समाचार गया हो, उसका उत्तर आया हो कि वहाँ पुण्य की गाय बन गई, अमुक के पिता को पार उतार दिया, दिखलाओ ?
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

I find this word with some difference in a hindi dictionary.

नैर - a city, a town
    नैर्ॠत - a demon; the south-west quarter

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Pann or Pannu clan in Ramayana & Mahabharata

Pann (पान्न) Pannu (पन्नू) Pannam (पन्नम) Paanoo (पानू) Panu (पानू) is gotra of Jats found primarily in the Northern Indian states of Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab, mainly located in the Doaba and Majha region. Pannu's are also found in the malwa region specifically Ludhiana. Most of them are Sikhs by religion. Pannu is also a common surname in Finland. They are descendants of Nagavanshi ancestor Pannaga (पन्नग).[1]

Pannu (पन्नू) Pannam (पन्नम) Jat gotra is found in some villages of Hansi in Haryana and Gwalior region of Madhya Pradesh. Pannam has originated from Pravartaka (प्रवर्तक) ganarajya. [2]

History

In Ramayana

Ramayana Bala Kanda Sarga 17 (॥१-१७-५॥ ) explains the creation of vanara race. The Vanara race is procreated by numerous celestials endowing it with peculiar mighty physique and particular power to come to the help of Rama.

अप्सरस्सु च मुख्यासु गन्धर्वाणाम् तनूषु च ।
    यक्ष पन्नग कन्यासु ऋक्ष विद्याधरीषु च ॥१-१७-५॥

Ramayana Bala Kanda Sarga 22 mentions that Rama and Lakshmana, with two quivers each and two bows in their hands, and making all the ten directions of compass lambent followed Vishvamitra, as if three headed Nagas, Pannaga, followed Vishvamitra, and with their highly dynamic physiques and spiritedness they look as if like the Ashwin twin gods of unequal charm following Brahma, the Forefather. [1-22- 8]

कलापिनौ धनुष् पाणी शोभयानौ दिशो दश ।
    विश्वामित्रम् महात्मानम् त्रि शीर्षौ इव पन्नगौ
    अनुजग्मतुः अक्षुद्रौ पितामहम् इव अश्विनौ ॥१-२२-७॥

In Mahabharata

Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 44 mentions about the gods and warriors who came to the ceremony for investing Kartikeya with the status of generalissimo. Pannaga has been mentioned with Yakshas (IX.44.7) and Vasuki Nagas (IX.44.48):

गन्धर्वैर अप्सरॊभिश च यक्षराक्षस पन्नगैः
    देवर्षिभिर असंख्येयैस तदा बरह्मर्षिभिर वरैः (IX.44.7)

जयं महाजयं चैव नागौ जवलनसूनवे
    परथथौ पुरुषव्याघ्र वासुकिः पन्नगेश्वरः (IX.44.48)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 17 mentions Pannaga in war of Sahadeva with Kauravas in shloka 44 (VIII.17.44)

स तं निर्भिथ्य वेगेन भित्त्वा च कवचं महत
    पराविशथ धरणीं राजन वल्मीकम इव पन्नगः
    ततः स मुमुहे राजंस तव पुत्रॊ महारदः

In Vana Parva, Mahabharata/Book III Chapter 170 Matali describes about Daitya's daughter, named Pulama and a mighty female of the Asura order, Kalaka by name, who practised severe austerities for a thousand celestial years. And at the end of their austerities, the self-create conferred on them boons --that their offspring might never suffer misfortune; that they might be incapable of being destroyed even by the gods, the Rakshasas and the Pannagas; and that they might obtain a highly effulgent and surpassingly fair aerial city, furnished with all manner of gems and invincible even by the celestials, the Maharshis, the Yakshas, the Gandharvas, the Pannagas, the Asuras and the Rakshasas.

अगृह्णीतां वरं ते तु सुतानाम अल्पथुःखताम
    अवध्यतां च राजेन्थ्र सुरराक्षस पन्नगैः (III.170.7)
    रमणीयं पुरं चेथं खचरं सुकृतप्रभम
    सर्वरत्नैः समुथितं थुर्धर्षम अमरैर अपि
    सयक्षगन्धर्वगणैः पन्नगासुरराक्षसैः (III.170.8)

Distribution in Haryana

Villages in Hisar district

There are number of villages of this gotra in Hansi(हांसी) tehsil, such as Thurana, Putthi, Mohlaa, often known as Mohlaa (मोहला) Badchhapar (बङछपर) due to the vicinity of village Badchhapar.

Distribution in Rajasthan

Paanoo (पानू) Panu (पानू) gotra Jats live in Tonk district in Rajasthan.

Villages in Tonk district

Aranya Kankad (4),

Notable persons from this clan

* H S Pannu - HCS Haryana

References

1. ↑ Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998, p. 264
    2. ↑ Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998, p. 263
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by singhran View Post
    excuse me sir ,there is no mention of KAKASUR in entire krishna lila or mahabharat , how easily do you relate him to kakran jat :

but there is mention of one demon whose name was bakasur , he went to krishna's place to kill him . but got killed by krishna, according to your analogy he should be a bakran jat do you know any bakran jat :eek:.
    We have some info about Kakasura in Jatland Wiki at

http://www.jatland.com/home/Bala_Kanda_Sarga_27

This chapter lists out those missiles that are given to Rama.

AiSiika missile is dried blade of grass, which by invoking with hymns will become a projectile weapon. Rama uses on Kakasura. In Mahaa Bharata Ashvadhaama also uses this at the final stage of war, which Krishna nullifies.

Regards,
    Last edited by lrburdak; November 23rd, 2008 at 10:15 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

oh e hoye burdak ji, what a great knowledge!!

recently I visited allahabad.

as usual I thought that the name was prayag, the sangam..

but there asoka n samudragupta both jats...

I observed a hotel of UP Tourism, named as rahi Ilawart..

I immediately recalled that equivalent of this ahlawat was ahlawardt in europe

n in samskrit it was known as ilavart, like arya vart...

no body in that hotel of UP tourism knew the meaning of this ilavart...ilavat...gujar-gurjar variation....

many said there allahabad is after allah, elahi etc. but nothing convinced me, its that gutasya putra satkarni of andhra, named as gautami putra satkarni... who named

in all probabilities, allahabad is named after ahlawat jats

Karesia clan in Ramayana & Mahabharata

Karesia (करेसिया) Karesya (करेस्या) Jats live in Chittorgarh, and Tonk districts in Rajasthan.

In Ramayana

Ramayana - Bala Kanda Sarga 24 mentions that While crossing over the River Ganga, sage Vishvamitra sails Rama and Laxmana through its confluence with River Sarayu, which flows at their capital Ayodhya. The sage leads them to a deadly forest on the other bank of River Ganga and narrates about the provinces Malada and Karusha and the ambushing nature of demoness Tataka. This is given in shlokas 17-18 as under:

श्रूयताम् वत्स काकुत्स्थ यस्य एतत् दारुणम् वनम् ।
    एतौ जनपदौ स्फीतौ पूर्वम् आस्ताम् नरोउत्तम ॥१-२४-१७॥

मलदाः च करूषाः च देव निर्माण निर्मितौ ।
    पुरा वृत्र वधे राम मलेन समभिप्लुतम् ॥१-२४-१८॥

Meaning: The resplendent and the great saint Vishvamitra then said to Rama, "I will tell you, oh, my boy Rama, whose is this wretched forest. [1-24-16b, 17a]. Once these were vast provinces, oh, best one among men, designed by gods and known as Malada and Karusha. [1-24-17b, 18a]

Here the province of Karusha was probably of Jat Clan Karesia.

In Mahabharata

Sabha Parva, Mahabharata/Book II Chapter 13 mentions about Karusha Kingdom. And, O great king, the mighty Vaka, the king of the Karushas, capable of fighting by putting forth his powers of illusion, waiteth, upon Jarasandha, as his disciple. There are two others, Hansa and Dimvaka, of great energy and great soul, who have sought the shelter of the mighty Jarasandha. There are others also viz., Dantavakra, Karusha, Karava, Meghavahana, that wait upon Jarasandha.

तम एव च महाराज शिष्यवत समुपस्दितः
    वक्रः करूषाधिपतिर माया यॊधी महाबलः (II.13.10)

अपरौ च महावीर्यौ महात्मानौ समाश्रितौ
    जरासंधं महावीर्यं तौ हंसडिभकाव उभौ (II.13.11)

दन्तवक्रः करूषश च कलभॊ मेघवाहनः
    मूर्ध्ना थिव्यं मणिं बिभ्रथ यं तं भूतमणिं विथुः (II.13.12)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 10 gives a list of kings and Kshatriyas. Karusha is mentioned in shloka 39 along with Chedis and Bhojas etc.

चेदिवत्साः करूषाश च भॊजाः सिन्धुपुलिन्थकाः
    उत्तमौजा दशार्णाश च मेकलाश चॊत्कलैः सह (VI.10.39)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 52 mentions the Karusha in war with the Pandava army along with Chedis and Kashis in shloka 13:

नीलाथ अनन्तरं चैव धृष्टकेतुर महारदः
    चेदिकाशिकरूषैश (Chedi-Kashi-Karusha) च पौरवैश चाभिसंवृतः (VI.52.13)

Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 51 mentions them on seventeenth day of War with the Panchalas, the Matsyas, the KKekays, and the Chedis in the Mahabharata war.

पाञ्चालैः पाण्डवैर मत्स्यैः कारूषैश चेथिकेकयैः
    तवया गुप्तैर अमित्रघ्न कृतः शत्रुगणक्षयः (VIII.51.6)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 112 mentions Karushas with Chedis and Kashis in shloka 73.

चेथिकाशिकरूषाणां सहस्राणि चतुर्थश
    महारदाः समाख्याताः कुलु पुत्रास तनुत्यजः (VI.112.73)

The Mahabharata Tribe - Karusha (करूष) may be identified with Jat Gotra - Karesia (करेसिया)

Described by Megasthenes

This clan has been described by Megasthenes as the Chrysei (Karesia), The hill-tribes between the Indus and the Iomanes, along with the Cesi (Khasa); Cetriboni (Khatri), the Megallae (Mukul), the Chrysei (Karesia), the Parasangae (Paraswal), and the Asange (Sangwa) Jat clans. (see - Jat clans as described by Megasthenes)

Villages in Chittorgarh district

Kalji ka Khera (Jasama),

Villages in Tonk district

Karesya (करेस्या) Jats live in villages: Kalmanda (7),
    Article available at Jatland Wiki -

http://www.jatland.com/home/Karesya
    Laxman Burdak