Thread: Why the hell do we have a day called "Womens Day"

Why the hell do we have a day called "Womens Day"

Hey,

I think that there should be no Womens day, its only a waste and even more oppressive and a good excuse to sell cards. Of course there is a need to understand that women should be treated as equals and personally they are equals for me all the same, but celebrating it in days and special occations is only saying that "hey she is looking for equality so lets give her a special day so she will shut her yap!!! and lets treat her the same rest of the year"

Everyday of the year should be a day for women. We have to start thinking of women as equals and do away with the idea of giving them "anything". We are all humans and thats all there is to it.

Udit

Quote Originally Posted by uditnhe View Post
    Hey,

I think that there should be no Womens day, its only a waste and even more oppressive and a good excuse to sell cards. Of course there is a need to understand that women should be treated as equals and personally they are equals for me all the same, but celebrating it in days and special occations is only saying that "hey she is looking for equality so lets give her a special day so she will shut her yap!!! and lets treat her the same rest of the year"

Everyday of the year should be a day for women. We have to start thinking of women as equals and do away with the idea of giving them "anything". We are all humans and thats all there is to it.

Udit

there is child'day, father'day, mother'day, labour'day,valentine'day, rose'day etc.

so no wonder after few years if u'll find men's day, dog'day, cat'day, pet'day, rat'day, candle'day, computer'day, mobile'day etc (and i m not aware if some of them are already exsited) ..........................................

and i beleive celebrations of these days make no difference. its more business or political agenda than to do anything wid individual.

some days back i watched this news on TV where a 10-12 yrs old girl is forced into child labour and intrestingly she is 'brand ambasdor' / 'model' of UNICEF. we have seen her pics on many posters and other ads. (i'll post the related link if i'll find)

so i think udit u r rite..theres no point of celebrating such days insteed off take some concrete steps and thro'out the year.
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

Totally agree

Hey,

Udit
    I agree with you totally. What does it mean?? what is everybody supposed to do that day. How about we declare a whole "decade" dedicated to women and call it "Treat women nicely" decade - or "you are scum of the earth if you donot treat women nicely" decade - better that womens day!!!! No?

I have a solution...if you don't like the idea well don't celebrate it, how about that? or you are telling others not to do what they want to do?
    Last edited by chhillar; March 8th, 2007 at 07:05 AM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar View Post
    I have a solution...if you don't like the idea well don't celebrate it, how about that? or you are telling others not to do what they want to do?
    That seems to be genuine solution Chillar.You know criticism is the easiest task, one can do it without giving any pain to grey cells.lol
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar View Post
    Sir,
    Please try to read between the lines. My problem is not the celebration or what people want to do, its non of my buiness. What I meant to bring out through this thread is that there should be no "inequality" and we should not give women a consulation prize in the form of a special day. Thats all
    Last edited by uditnhe; March 8th, 2007 at 02:55 PM.

Wink

we celebrate each women's day to give importance to women....its just to show respect:rolleyes: just like we have labour's day....we celebrate each day just to look back and to see how more improvement can be made....
    we r indian..n as a indian we should love these occasions as we love festivals...
    so y arguing this day...
    tomm some mite say y celebrate 15 aug or 26 jan....come on guys...

Quote Originally Posted by yatinder19 View Post
    we celebrate each women's day to give importance to women....its just to show respect:rolleyes: just like we have labour's day....we celebrate each day just to look back and to see how more improvement can be made....
    we r indian..n as a indian we should love these occasions as we love festivals...
    so y arguing this day...
    tomm some mite say y celebrate 15 aug or 26 jan....come on guys...

Hey,

You are missing the point sir, this is not abt the celebrations and so on. What I mean to say that we should not treat women or their rights as something that "we" have to give to them and have to see the progress of once a year. It should be day in and day out, everyday should be for them and for us too.

Your reference to Labour day or Rep Day to this context is really out of place, as these days have a history and Womens day is not Rani Jhansi's birthday or anything. Its just a day decided arbitrarily for all we know and I hardly think that its a Festival too.

are Ooo.. bhai udit hooda..........tu kyon en lugiyaan ke pachee lag raha see.........since i have joined JLD i have seen this topic been discussed so many time times in one form or the other.......and what i have concluded from those discussion is that most of the JLD' ers feel that both men and woman are equal.

eb tun kyon pher rollla sura karan lag raha see mare yaar.......personally telling, now i dont feel like contibuting anything on this topic of gender equality .....................
    Proud to be a Jat, Proud to be an Indian

Smile

Totally agree with Udit here, I wonder why aint u ppl gettin his point right!

there is no such Man's Day so Why there Woman's day!!??

there should be mother's day, father's day. children's day but no Women's day in genral required .

MEN and WOMEN are same! discussion over

Rock on
    Jit
    Hey,

You are missing the point sir, this is not abt the celebrations and so on. What I mean to say that we should not treat women or their rights as something that "we" have to give to them and have to see the progress of once a year. It should be day in and day out, everyday should be for them and for us too.

Your reference to Labour day or Rep Day to this context is really out of place, as these days have a history and Womens day is not Rani Jhansi's birthday or anything. Its just a day decided arbitrarily for all we know and I hardly think that its a Festival too.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshdahiya View Post
    are Ooo.. bhai udit hooda..........tu kyon en lugiyaan ke pachee lag raha see.........since i have joined JLD i have seen this topic been discussed so many time times in one form or the other.......and what i have concluded from those discussion is that most of the JLD' ers feel that both men and woman are equal.

eb tun kyon pher rollla sura karan lag raha see mare yaar.......personally telling, now i dont feel like contibuting anything on this topic of gender equality .....................

I am very well aware of my redundancy but i am try to get some strong opinions outta ppl and these seem to be the topics where one can expect some exitement. I guess you guys have discussed everything under the sun so I pic up what exites me.

And your are most welcome to write or not to write.

womens day

Hey,

Udit
    Apart from many other reasons to act as a warning to the majority of men,yes majority, about the perils and consequences of indulging in domestic violence,both verbal and physical.The other day my maid called, on her cell, that she could not come that day, on persistent query, the next day it came out that her husband had given her a good beating with a broom. I promptly sent him a message that if happened again,any time in future the local police will call at his place.Making this brutal ,self important,majority aware of the law as it exists today is reason enough if nothing else
    BLS.
    Last edited by bls31; March 9th, 2007 at 07:50 PM.

Hey,

Udit
    To salute the women of the world who have to put up with an aadu like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    To salute the women of the world who have to put up with an aadu like you.
    Hahahahaaaaa........

Well said sir, thank you. Finally a strong answer.

Hahahahaaaaa........

Good spirits. I am pleased by your lightheartedness. from now on you are on my list of good people.

hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................haaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa....sorry udit bhai..............................but pl let me laught...................sumit knows the resaon why am laughing like mad..............haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hahahahaaaaa........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    Good spirits. I am pleased by your lightheartedness. from now on you are on my list of good people.
    Sir,

I am very pleased :D and I think its useless to be uptight about the opinions in the threads. I mean we are here to connect to poeple, not disconnect are we!!??

Udit

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshdahiya View Post
    hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................haaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa....sorry udit bhai..............................but pl let me laught...................sumit knows the resaon why am laughing like mad..............haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Sir,

By all means, if nothing serious, the thread is atleast spreading humor.

Laugh away!!!!!!!!!

well...on that front i give u 10/10......cheers:p

Sir,

By all means, if nothing serious, the thread is atleast spreading humor.

Laugh away!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree.. There should be no WOMEN'S DAY!! Just to make the best creation of nature remind.. That look *****... You are at our behest.... And to appease you from time to time.. Let us celebrate your womanhood!!!!
    f&^% you is what I can say to people who CELEBRATE it... To further dampen her greatness through her own thoughts!!!

Am sure he must be some Management Graduate, who started the concept to make HER do what he wants, and not yet let her feel that it's getting her in a ditch again!!!!

Or is it an ARMY thing? To make a person work harder on your terms...... Appease him from time to time, make him/ her feel special!!

Equality of Status bhai.... Let us celebrate it.... and not a damn women's day!!!!

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.

Hey,

Udit
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!