Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What are Jats

What are Jats

Recently I attended a dinner party, where the host and all the guests, ten or so couples, were all Jats and all different in many ways, ladies including, features,accent, looks,dress attitude, some were polite,other agressive in giving their views on any subject under discussion.some knowledgeable others not bothered about what was happening across the road what to say the world, more intersted in the drinks and snacks

It has set me thinking as to what are Jats, are we aTribe, a Clan, a group bound by common bliefs and culture more so when there are Jats from Haryana,Jats from UP, Jats from Rajasthan, each-one considering themselves superior from those hailing from other regions.
    Even in UP River Jumna divides the Jats ( Parway) .Even we ,the Jats of Kasimpur,are diffrent from those of village Bawali about a few Km away.
    Why some of us are brilliant other duds,pardon my sayin so,my own cousins are prime examples, most are outspoken,agressive direct and hurting,our main weakness, others discrete, polite and pleasant,some willing to cutthe cord and willing to take risks, others home bound,village or small town without much ambition, So on and forth???
    Brig Lakshman Singh

U shouldnt be confused about that Uncle jee!

Jat is a belief which cant be classified on any basis.
    Someone who is born to Jat parents, got a proud feeling of jat, keeps his/her head high and lives a kingsize life is a Jat.

People who think they are hindus or of some religion, who are too calculative, play too safe in life are not jats

Sorted out!
    My way or my way ?

what make a jat jat.Is religion,is language,is the common culture,is the similar jobs?

learn the para I wrote above, by heart !

Quote Originally Posted by smeker View Post
    what make a jat jat.Is religion,is language,is the common culture,is the similar jobs?
    My way or my way ?

Dear Sir

Why are two twins, who are born at almost the same time and whose bring up is the same, different? The set of environment we live in is unique. And that is what makes us unique. Sets us apart from the rest of the world.
    Then there is the question of genetics and purity of blood. It is indeed difficult for generations to conserve their identity for more than a thousand of years.
    That having said, there must be some commonality that binds us. Otherwise Jatland wouldn't exist.
    However, I must also confess that a 'true' Jat, is almost like a concept to me. An ideal, that I have grown up with. Sometimes I saw it in my father, sometimes in my grandfather, sometimes in my uncles, friends. Now I see it in my mother. It changes.
    It is to me a 'true' and perfect amalgamation of all the right qualities and personal characterstics. Someone I can strive to be but, may never become.

Hope this answers a wee bit of your question. Or furthers the dialogue. agar na, to bhi manne toh jo kahni thi, voh kah di.

Quote Originally Posted by bls31 View Post
    Recently I attended a dinner party,
    , So on and forth???
    Brig Lakshman Singh
    well its quite understandable... no two humans can be same .... cant think same.. cant react in same mannner.. not a issue of much worry !!!

but to an extent this divide and quest for superiority within jats has allways been a worrying factor...

i hope JATS start to worry about their status of superiority from other castes / races rather than creating useless competetion and rift within community ....... just by saying that we are superior and best amongst all dosent really help.... we as JATS need to collectively perform in all spheres of life and more so each individual JAT if given a chance or finds himself / herself in a position to help / support a fellow JAT selflessly.... should ledge to do the same ............ the FEELING of brotherhood surely has to be among us all............................ I WISH

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    U shouldnt be confused about that Uncle jee!

Jat is a belief which cant be classified on any basis.
    Someone who is born to Jat parents, got a proud feeling of jat, keeps his/her head high and lives a kingsize life is a Jat.

People who think they are hindus or of some religion, who are too calculative, play too safe in life are not jats

Sorted out!
    so who is hindu is not jat and who is jat is no hindu.Very deep.:D
    In fact my qwestion was ,what is the uniting factor of jatism.Is the religion ?NO ,because jats have many religions.Is the language?No ,jats spoke many languages,Is the culture? somenthing diferent in culture comparative whit the sourounding populations?
    I ask you ,as im ignorant in this matters.

For Me -First Hindu-Then Jat.

Mr Soka Norman,

I think first we all are hindus then Jat, Peoples were converted from hindu to another religion and says they are Jats is not correct if they change their religion how they say they are a branch of hindus. In any condition if we change our religion what garantee we will not change our cast.

Nobody can change the name of their father and mother how will they change their religion and says they are a branch (Jat) with other religion.

These are my views.

Karmveer

In fact my qwestion was ,what is the uniting factor of jatism.Is the religion ?NO ,because jats have many religions.Is the language?No ,jats spoke many languages,Is the culture? somenthing diferent in culture comparative whit the sourounding populations?
    I ask you ,as im ignorant in this matters.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

Differences are creat by Us.

Ram Ram Brig. Sahab,

Its a human nature that everyone shows I am superior then others but its really much with those who so ever are suffereing with inferiority complex.

For Example :- Faldar ped hee hamesha jhukta hai.

If we change ourself for only showing superior from others then we are not real Jats. Jats are those who are resepect their roots, Simple (with having all intelegance) down to earth (with having all type of Health and wealth) full of relationship(without expectation from others/ with helping Nature).

Regards

Recently I attended a dinner party, where the host and all the guests, ten or so couples, were all Jats and all different in many ways, ladies including, features,accent, looks,dress attitude, some were polite,other agressive in giving their views on any subject under discussion.some knowledgeable others not bothered about what was happening across the road what to say the world, more intersted in the drinks and snacks

It has set me thinking as to what are Jats, are we aTribe, a Clan, a group bound by common bliefs and culture more so when there are Jats from Haryana,Jats from UP, Jats from Rajasthan, each-one considering themselves superior from those hailing from other regions.
    Even in UP River Jumna divides the Jats ( Parway) .Even we ,the Jats of Kasimpur,are diffrent from those of village Bawali about a few Km away.
    Why some of us are brilliant other duds,pardon my sayin so,my own cousins are prime examples, most are outspoken,agressive direct and hurting,our main weakness, others discrete, polite and pleasant,some willing to cutthe cord and willing to take risks, others home bound,village or small town without much ambition, So on and forth???
    Brig Lakshman Singh

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

ke haal sai bhaisaab ? Jats never used to have any idols at their places in old days , gradually they diverted towards hinduism and started beleiving they are hindus and new kids now are born hindus which is sad.

Jats used to be above all this religion thing, they were into working hard, eating well, sleeping well... basically a simplest carefree lifestyle one can think of!

so people dont need to get confused about religion because there isn't any for Jats.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmveer View Post
    Mr Soka Norman,

I think first we all are hindus then Jat, Peoples were converted from hindu to another religion and says they are Jats is not correct if they change their religion how they say they are a branch of hindus. In any condition if we change our religion what garantee we will not change our cast.

Nobody can change the name of their father and mother how will they change their religion and says they are a branch (Jat) with other religion.

These are my views.

Karmveer
    Last edited by gaganjat; January 17th, 2007 at 07:17 PM.
    My way or my way ?

In fact my qwestion was ,what is the uniting factor of jatism.
    Common Ancesstory.

Rest Gagan has explained very well the Jat thing.

Chahal Saheb as you will read in Jat history you will realise that Jat had little to do with this Hindu thing only except the fact that this word came in to existence beacuse of sindhu jats termed Hindu by Persian.

Hello Soka,
    Will talk to you sometime as promised. I gather you are interested in history of Getes and other central asian tribes since people of Romania are closely related to that. I came across excellent new book in school library on central asia edited by many writers and funded by UNESCO.

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/...CTION=201.html

Jat history is ofcourse related to cenral asian history but not synonymous.
    BTW are Roma gypsies related to Romania? Thats another way in which asia-minor, central asia and southeast asia might be related, through the history of gypsies.

-vinod

It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Jats

If so what are Siks Jatsor as the call themselves JUT, I married a girl whose father was a sikh Jat and mother a simple Jat, Iam a simple Jat the what is my son and Daughter? Jats Or Non Jats, or to be known by some other name

Brig Lakshman Singh VSM (retd)

ke haal sai bhaisaab ? Jats never used to have any idols at their places in old days , gradually they diverted towards hinduism and started beleiving they are hindus and new kids now are born hindus which is sad.

Jats used to be above all this religion thing, they were into working hard, eating well, sleeping well... basically a simplest carefree lifestyle one can think of!

so people dont need to get confused about religion because there isn't any for Jats.

Sorry for the Typos.

Religion Hindu
    Cast Jat

Religion Sikh

Cast Jat

Even
    Religion Muslim
    cast Jat

Any Views?

If so what are Siks Jatsor as the call themselves JUT, I married a girl whose father was a sikh Jat and mother a simple Jat, Iam a simple Jat the what is my son and Daughter? Jats Or Non Jats, or to be known by some other name

Then their is a ? what we are.

Bhai Gagan, I am fine with grace of god, tell me about you,

When we were not useing these idols what was our way worship, who was the creator of Jats to whom we say thanks who gives us every thing.

Please guide me. I am not a blind superstious but I feel somebudy is their to run this world and I like to say thanks every moment to whom who so ever run this show.

Regards

I dont know any thing about Jat History,

Bhai Narander Kharb Ji

After reading some books and Jat History at Jatland I am unable to understand who was first Jat and whom he was worshipd, if you guid me
    I feel obliged and I know that you are able to guide me.

With Warm Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    Common Ancesstory.

Rest Gagan has explained very well the Jat thing.

Chahal Saheb as you will read in Jat history you will realise that Jat had little to do with this Hindu thing only except the fact that this word came in to existence beacuse of sindhu jats termed Hindu by Persian.

Kids get their Dad's caste !

Jatts basicaaly came out of Jats. Sikh religion was formed few hundred years ago whereas Jats are there for thousands of years.

Now please dont ask me for reference or proof:D

My way or my way ?

Mother nature is creator of everything :D

Man himself is god and he runs this world. and we dont need to worship anyone.

Other than nature, man is the only creator and distructor.

Man is god ! Or if someone beleive in some other philosophical principle of god, then man is more capable than that god.

Bhai Gagan, I am fine with grace of god, tell me about you,

When we were not useing these idols what was our way worship, who was the creator of Jats to whom we say thanks who gives us every thing.

Please guide me. I am not a blind superstious but I feel somebudy is their to run this world and I like to say thanks every moment to whom who so ever run this show.

Regards
    My way or my way ?

Bhai Narander Kharb Ji

After reading some books and Jat History at Jatland I am unable to understand who was first Jat and whom he was worshipd, if you guid me
    I feel obliged and I know that you are able to guide me.

With Warm Regards
    Karmveer ji

To answer this question one needs to have a very deep knowledge of history of central Asia and to be honest I am not up to that level so far .

But one thing is sure Jats are one of the most ancient races of this world.

In fact I would like to quote Laxman ji which I also believe that ...

Jats are almost as old as Lord Barma.

Regarding faith My belief is they might have intially worshipped nature and fertility god.

And most of them were Buddhists before Arab Invasion.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    For me a True Jat is one who can not tolerate injustice and does not succumb to pressures and do what he think as right i.e goes by his opinion and not by the peer pressure