Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meat: Healthy or Unhealthy ?

Meat: Healthy or Unhealthy ?

is eating meat good or bad for health?
    can v discuss?

Though i never added non-veg in my meals....but as read in the newspaper and some books that our desi food, totally vegetarian kind includes the best of the nutrients far better than this non-veg.

rest, i never read anywhere that meat is unhealthy to eat.....many doctors suggest such things to include it in the meals when anybody wants to get the recovery of fracture or some other diseases which require such things.....but what i've seen, even after such recommendations people tend to stay with their vegetarian diets and get the good results

Exclamation

If the animal whose meat you are looking forward to relish has fever, allergy, blood disorders (even if you keep aside the serious flues) then what you are eating can you visualize?

There can be numerous stances over the issue, but the fact is that just like we human being, the animals have many a kind of diseases, allergies, disorders etc & one can never be sure that the meat you are eating is of a perfectly healthy animal :rolleyes::eek: ...... (inspite of the quality standards being adhered to:o)

Just have a look, every human being is having some or the other disease at any given point of time (coz generally minor diseases go undetected), then what about the animals? ...... and with that meat you are eating up many a things which you can never eat knowingly ...... but there is no solution here ...... jaise gehu ke saath ghun bhi pista hai .... har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :D

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :D
    this is not fair, u r trying to discourage non-veggies by using such pestiferous words. :p:D

cc : mr. vivek pannu :D
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

i totally agree with Shweta...she said it very rightly....and the ending words are the most appropriate :D

now again to put the good health in the focus, i feel.....health is not just in the physical fitness but its also in thoughts.....what you eat also develops a kind of thought inside.....the more you eat simple and clean, the best of the thoughts you collect and accommodate, and vice-versa.

Meat is very unhealthy. This is coming from a recovering voracious meat-eater.

It wasnt difficult for me to cut my meat consumption after I had to clean up the refrigerator one day. I had left some meat to thaw in there and all the blood and other fluids messed up the whole refrigerator. As I cleaned the yucky gooey stuff, I realized I would have consumed it had it not leaked out of the packaging.

Trust me, if you cannot eat something raw without getting sick, it is not good for you. Now dont stretch what I am saying.

1. eat fresh meat

2. must be processed in hyginic conditions and kept in the right conditions

3. from healthy animals (this is really imp as said by others)

4. eat according to your daily activities and dont overeat (overeating is bad anyways)

5. only eat if u love eating it

...and meat is great ! its very very healthy , nothing is better than somekind of meat.

vegitarian food is boring, tasteless and doesnt give much feel.
    My way or my way ?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Exclamation

...... jaise gehu ke saath ghun bhi pista hai .... har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :D
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    this is not fair, u r trying to discourage non-veggies by using such pestiferous words. :p:D

cc : mr. vivek pannu :D
    I would like to share video in favor of Shweta Ji's line which are quoted here.
    Non-veggies, I am sorry if feel discouraged after seeing this video. This video is entitled as "MEET YOUR MEAT" and explains how the meat is processed which you get to eat in daily life.
    Please have a look http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4
    I am sorry again but I could not stop myself to post it here.
    Regards,
    Manoj

also read following comment posted below the video

"This video was created by poor, mediocre people who know that their are so pathetic that they are trying to convert the masses into believing that what their saying is the truth or a shed of light into a so called inner salvation."

I wonder no one has yet endorsed eating meat of Lion or Eagle...:eek::rock

Meat khao to kam se Sher ya baj ka ka nahi to kya rakha hai Murga, Bakra khane mein..
    Eating lion will give satisfaction of eating Jungle Ka raja.Top of food chain...:D

Hai kisi mein Dum ???

Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat.Rest all depends on raising up..Ethically, meat eating should be in conditions of survival....Aise to Amrit se bhi pet nahi bharega...:D
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Sahi kaha aapne meat khao to sher ka, kya rakha hai murge mein.
    Aur
    Doodh piyo to Sherni ka, kya rakha hai Bhains mein.
    Hai kisi mein Dum ???

If the animal whose meat you are looking forward to relish has fever, allergy, blood disorders (even if you keep aside the serious flues) then what you are eating can you visualize?
    Same is applicable for all dairy products. But still there is shortage of milk in Delhi.

Arre bhaiyo India me meat kya Vegetables bhi healthy nahe hai sab unhealthy hain sabjiya and fruits sab injections se paakaye jaa rahee hai India me, so kya meat kya vegetables :D
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    Sahi kaha aapne meat khao to sher ka, kya rakha hai murge mein.
    Aur
    Doodh piyo to Sherni ka, kya rakha hai Bhains mein.
    Hai kisi mein Dum ???

ji agar sherni meat na khaaye....shudhh chara aur baaki acchi chhezein consume karti ho to mujhe batana....i'm daring enough to consume that healthy milk and would be always ready to get it at higher cost as compared to milk of buffalo :rolleyes:

rest, i totally agree with Nishant.....jitni bimari hum meat mein sochte hain usse jyada zeher aajkal ki sabjiyon aur fruits mein paya jaa raha hai....but still we are consuming the same

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    Arre bhaiyo India me meat kya Vegetables bhi healthy nahe hai sab unhealthy hain sabjiya and fruits sab injections se paakaye jaa rahee hai India me, so kya meat kya vegetables :D
    Bilkul thik kaha rathi

Red face

Its true that the vegetables & fruits are not fully 'natural'. They are grown & riped using chemicals. But on the other hand we also know what a chicken, goat, pig etc eat. They eat all sorts of rubbish & wastes lying here & there.

So, its a matter of choice & personal perception as to which is bearable .....

And regarding eating fresh & hygienic meat, however fresh or hygienic it is you are eating the saliva, flesh, arteries, lungs, lever, stomach (which also contains undigested "things" eaten by that animal ....and those "things" were somewhere lying on a dirty side of a dirty street ....probably from MCD dustbins, or the dump yard of some local hospital, or near some sewage system and such things can quite possibly contain dangerous chemicals ...... And this no one can control or certify .... ), body hair, skin etc of that animal ....

Now where do you see these animals having there food from...... ??? From some quality food stores or from nearby some gutters & all? And you are eating something like that indirectly when you consume these animals ...... IMAGINE ....... :eek::o

How can anyone in the world provide you with meat of an animal who was grown up only on a hygienic diet all its life !!!!!

Fresh meat just means that it was cleaned up to ensure removal of any "visible" dirt etc. I am sorry to say but usually the dirt is all mixed in the whole body, in each & every part of his body .....

I am aint a staunch vegetarian supporter, I am just talking on evident logics !

jitt dekho udde e udhmass taar de binna batta ka ... jisne khana hai uste kitna e keh lo woh khave ga arr naa khaaniya ne kitna e bata do konni khaave.

Smokers ko nahi bera hota ke injurious hai health tahi par fer bhi unn ne sulgaani bidi/cigarrete. Same yade ... chahe bimar jaanwar ka ho ya swasth ka khaan aale te khaavenge hi.

China arr japan even most of the eatern countries ... fry bhi naa karte keedde makoda ne ... suddha e ningal ja hai ... kitt unke pet kharab ho hai .. sab hazam kar ja hai ... bimar bimur te kemme na homta ... jisne khana hai khao naa khaniya painsher(5 kilo) nikhadu doodh piyo arr mast raho.

sometimes it depends on the type of climate of the region which requires consumption of meat....like if people residing in nagaland don't eat the yak milk and meat, then there are very less chances of the survival, as told by some of my sister's naga frens

"if slaughterhouses had walls of glass, everybody would be a vegetarian"

everybody is talking about cleanliness and hygiene of meat...but
    what about its ethical concerns?
    what about the pain that is inflicted to the animal?
    and what about killing?
    if v love animals how can v killl them? do we kill our pet dog or cat?

and plz dont give that age old logic (actually not a logic) given by non veges that "sabjiyon main bhi to life hoti hai"

"ik hiran maareya taan machaya bada hi shor
    murge roz hi vadd hunde, ki unha da kasoor" - babbu mann song

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    sometimes it depends on the type of climate of the region which requires consumption of meat....like if people residing in nagaland don't eat the yak milk and meat, then there are very less chances of the survival, as told by some of my sister's naga frens
    they eat yak..ok... but yak kya khata hai? vo to ghaas hi khata hoga. that means vahan anaaj bhi paida ho sakta hai.