Thread: Prof. Sher Singh passes away

Prof. Sher Singh passes away

One of the pioneer leaders of Jat community, a freedom fighter and a social reformer, Prof. Sher Singh (Kadiyan), passed away in Delhi on 5 September 2009.

Born on 11 August 1917 in village Baghpur near Beri (Haryana), he was the key figure in the movement for creation of Haryana State. He was Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab before the creation of Haryana state. From 1967 to 1980, he also held the posts of Union Minister of State for Education, Defence and Communications. We have a page on Jatland Wiki on Prof. Sher Singh:

http://www.jatland.com/home/Prof._Sher_Singh

May his soul rest in peace.

Last edited by dndeswal; September 7th, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

God may bless his family. May his soul rest in peace !!!
    Laxman Burdak

BHAGWAN UNKI AATMA Ko SHANTI DE
    www.harvindermalik.com

See the destiny chose Teacher's Day for Professor Sher Singh.....
    May his sould inspires many others to be like him
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

May almighty rest his soul in peace.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Svarag main baitha professor dada
    Nu aas lagave
    Koon uske Haryana ne
    Aage le ke javein.

bhagwan unki aatma ko shanti de
    Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqder se pehle
    Khuda bande se ye poche bata teri raza kia hai

Professor Sher Singh passes away

Professor Sher Singh

Rich tributes were paid to Professor Sher singh at a shraddhanjali sabha held on 20 th september 2009 at Maharaja surajmal Institutes' Auditorium in Janakpuri, New Delhi. Shri Jaopal Vidyalankar, editor of SURAJ SUJAN recalled the work done by professor Sher singh for the promotion of Arya samaj ideals and Institutions. Shri S.P.Singh Vice President of the Surajmal Education Society lauded the efforts made by Professor Sahib in helping the needy members of our community.Shri Ajit singh Chaudhary, Secretary of the Society reffered to the contribution of Professor singh in promoting the enrolement campaign. Shri Nahar singh Verma, former Deputy director (Hindi) in the ministry of home Affairs reminisced the keen interest taken by professor for the implementation of hindi in govrnment offices. Present on the occasin were Shrimati Prabhat Shobha (wife), Dr. Shrimati Ujjwala), Shri Sekhar (grandson) recalled the caring and affationate nature of Professor sahib. Former Minister, Shri Sompal Shastri recounted the wide range of social and political activities of professor Sher singh over a long period of time. He underlined the special efforts which professor sahib made towards the creation of the state of Haryana. Dr. S.S. Rana, who conducted the meeting spoke of the personal integrity and probity in public life of Professor Sher Singh,who resigned as Deputy Chief Minister in the Kairon government on the issue of Hindi policy. He handled the responsibilities of a minister in various portfolios with the dignity of a highly respected person. Dr. R.K.Kadyan, formwer principal of Kirorimal College, Delhi under lined the mild manners and soft spoken naturwe of Professor Sahib.All others present in the meeting including Dr. R.P. Dahiya (Treasurer) and Sarvashri Vedpal Solanki, Y.P.S.Verma, Prem Singh (members of E.C.) paid floral tributes.

BHAGWAN UNKI AATMA Ko SHANTI DE

Good to know a l'il bit abot him, i was wondering who was he, though the name sounded familiar.

Ishwar unki atma ko shanti pradan kare
    Quote Originally Posted by drssrana2003 View Post
    Professor Sher Singh

Rich tributes were paid to Professor Sher singh at a shraddhanjali sabha held on 20 th september 2009 at Maharaja surajmal Institutes' Auditorium in Janakpuri, New Delhi. Shri Jaopal Vidyalankar, editor of SURAJ SUJAN recalled the work done by professor Sher singh for the promotion of Arya samaj ideals and Institutions. Shri S.P.Singh Vice President of the Surajmal Education Society lauded the efforts made by Professor Sahib in helping the needy members of our community.Shri Ajit singh Chaudhary, Secretary of the Society reffered to the contribution of Professor singh in promoting the enrolement campaign. Shri Nahar singh Verma, former Deputy director (Hindi) in the ministry of home Affairs reminisced the keen interest taken by professor for the implementation of hindi in govrnment offices. Present on the occasin were Shrimati Prabhat Shobha (wife), Dr. Shrimati Ujjwala), Shri Sekhar (grandson) recalled the caring and affationate nature of Professor sahib. Former Minister, Shri Sompal Shastri recounted the wide range of social and political activities of professor Sher singh over a long period of time. He underlined the special efforts which professor sahib made towards the creation of the state of Haryana. Dr. S.S. Rana, who conducted the meeting spoke of the personal integrity and probity in public life of Professor Sher Singh,who resigned as Deputy Chief Minister in the Kairon government on the issue of Hindi policy. He handled the responsibilities of a minister in various portfolios with the dignity of a highly respected person. Dr. R.K.Kadyan, formwer principal of Kirorimal College, Delhi under lined the mild manners and soft spoken naturwe of Professor Sahib.All others present in the meeting including Dr. R.P. Dahiya (Treasurer) and Sarvashri Vedpal Solanki, Y.P.S.Verma, Prem Singh (members of E.C.) paid floral tributes.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Good to know a l'il bit abot him, i was wondering who was he, though the name sounded familiar.

Ishwar unki atma ko shanti pradan kare
    I thought my friends father Prof. Sher Singh (/Bedwal), Jat College Hisar.

Bhagwan unki atma ko shanti de..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

We are always reminded by the great dedication of these immortal souls to the cause of social change. The are the beacon and guiding stars inspiring the generations to come. Tribute to his greatness and his aura shall keep shining in the hearts and minds.
    Keep a bigger heart than than what you had yesterday!

My tribute to prof. Sher singh ji

Here is my tribute to Prof. Sher Singh ji.
    Copy of a letter I send to his family in Delhi

: Tribute to Prof. Sher Singh

Dr . Tarun Kumar Ji- Mata Ji and family.

We can to know this sad news by media.
    I was in USA and now back to London
    We are very sorry to know that Prof. Sahib is no more with us.
    All members of Haryana association London are with you.
    We are sending our heartfelt condolence to all members of family.
    May God Bless hos soul. Prof Sahib will be remembered
    as a great leader
    of Haryana and was among founders of modern Haryana.
    I worked with Prof Sahib in 1957-62-67
    Election and during Haryana movement .
    I was with him in Gokaran Talab Rohtak in 1966.
    when He was state Education minister in 1967.
    He upgraded our village Ghasola Middle school to High school.
    We started Haryana association London with his blessing.
    I have pleasure to welcome him in our house in London many times
    .1980-81 was golden time when Prof Sahib visited
    World Arya Samaj Conference in London with Mata Sobha Ji,
    Swami Omanand
    and 101 Arya Samaj Delegates.
    The AryaSamaj movement went to USA from London
    with Prof Sahib and Swami Omanand Ji.
    I am keeping all the letters as a sweet memory.
    I was with him on 13 March 2005 in New Delhi
    when Internation JatSamaj welcomed
    CM Bhupender Singh Hooda.
    I was also with him in Gurukul Jhajjar Samaroh in 2005-6.
    I have learned so much from his life.
    God bless courage to all of you.
    your sincerely

Dharmpal Dudee
    London UK
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed