Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Thread: One Rank One Pension (OROP) for Defence Pensioners

  1. #41
    In present circumstances, we have to go with BJP & its allies. Respected Gen Kadiya should request all ex-servicemen to vote for NDA [bjp+allies]. we all should work hard to make the NDA sucessful in the interest of Ex- servicemen community. With best regards

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateh View Post
    In present circumstances, we have to go with BJP & its allies. Respected Gen Kadiya should request all ex-servicemen to vote for NDA [bjp+allies]. we all should work hard to make the NDA sucessful in the interest of Ex- servicemen community. With best regards
    fateh sir, excuse me for digressing from the subject, but i couldn't keep a check on myself on yr above remarks, wch seems to be self centred. pls dont mind my words... but do you mean tht we must look for the interest of ex-servicemen... चाहे बाकी सारा देश भाड में जाए ???

    i'm no fan of BJP or congress, but i dont see yr above remarks in good perspective.
    irrespective of the fact, whether your demands are logical or illogical nd for wch i wud rather refrain from giving my comments, i would like to ask you – what if BJP also don’t oblige to your demands ? then what will be your stand ? i’m pretty sure, you wont then ask everybody to vote for BSP or SP or any other party for that matter.

    thanks
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; April 18th, 2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added more text
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateh View Post
    In present circumstances, we have to go with BJP & its allies. Respected Gen Kadiya should request all ex-servicemen to vote for NDA [bjp+allies]. we all should work hard to make the NDA sucessful in the interest of Ex- servicemen community. With best regards
    politicalisation of military.....uhhh...:rolleyes:
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by gajender View Post
    BJP is gaining popularity with Army men. This has become obvious after an influential ex-servicemen's group has now publicly advised the military community to vote for the party. The advise sounds more like a fatwa.


    Former deputy chief of the Army, Lt General Raj Kadyan says, "It is in our interest that we should vote for the BJP."


    For the first time ever, India's sizeable and well-regarded military community has been openly asked to vote for a particular political party.


    I am looking for the benefit of my community, my 24 lakh ex-servicemen. And their benefits, as the developments are today, lie with the BJP. They are better than the others," Lt General Kadyan states.


    The ex-Servicemen's Group Lt General Kadyan heads has campaigned for a better pay and pension deal for the military and its views are thought to find resonance in the Armed Forces. Spurred by the success, it now seeks a bigger political voice for the men in uniform.


    This is the first time that discontent in the military is being expressed politically. The target of the anger is the ruling establishment. And the advisory to vote against the Government of the day is unprecedented.


    The UPA Government, accused of being insensitive to the interests of soldiers, was demonised but former generals think that the use of political vocabulary to make their case is fair game.


    "We have realised that unless we have a political voice, the Government will not understand the value of our vote. The Government must realise that we have a vote too," says Major General (retd) AJB Jaini.


    India has long held to the belief that its military is apolitical but democracy is clearly catching up with the men of arms.
    My dear teotia, my suggestion was keeping above post in view. why didnot you comment on the above post. look my dear niether I need your advice nor it is proper for you to comment on my views. If you are holding some authority in jatland,& you are trying to show your maturity, please excuse me I can survive without jat land but will not tolrate such comments . keep your ideas with you.my suggestion is for ex service men ,not for you. you are at liberty to do as per your thinking. you are too young to comment. you should understand yourself first than talk about other. I request you once again to keep yourself with yourself it will be good for you.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    fateh sir, excuse me for digressing from the subject, but i couldn't keep a check on myself on yr above remarks, wch seems to be self centred. pls dont mind my words... but do you mean tht we must look for the interest of ex-servicemen... चाहे बाकी सारा देश भाड में जाए ???

    i'm no fan of BJP or congress, but i dont see yr above remarks in good perspective.
    irrespective of the fact, whether your demands are logical or illogical nd for wch i wud rather refrain from giving my comments, i would like to ask you – what if BJP also don’t oblige to your demands ? then what will be your stand ? i’m pretty sure, you wont then ask everybody to vote for BSP or SP or any other party for that matter.

    thanks
    hmmm..

    what about all those scams....

    even taboot tak bech ke khaa gaye the....

    we lost so many pilots, because of cheap spare parts...

    boforce deal...

    kaargil me inti casualties hui, which could have been averted by timely decision...

    chalo anyways: ye public hai, ye sab jaanti hai....

    A dialogues from Movie WEDNESDAY.."aam aadmi jaag gaya hai"..."to abb take ye aam admi kahan the"

    apna svarth parmodharma....
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    hmmm..

    what about all those scams....

    even taboot tak bech ke khaa gaye the....

    we lost so many pilots, because of cheap spare parts...

    boforce deal...

    kaargil me inti casualties hui, which could have been averted by timely decision...

    chalo anyways: ye public hai, ye sab jaanti hai....

    A dialogues from Movie WEDNESDAY.."aam aadmi jaag gaya hai"..."to abb take ye aam admi kahan the"

    apna svarth parmodharma....
    Lori ,
    nind chad ri se ke . kitne pilot khoye the jara mene bhi bata de ek ui satta mare se . kim history pad bhi liya kar or kim na pave to Goooogle par search kar liya kar pher likha kar.
    :thappad"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.":rock

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by gajender View Post
    Lori ,
    nind chad ri se ke . kitne pilot khoye the jara mene bhi bata de ek ui satta mare se . kim history pad bhi liya kar or kim na pave to Goooogle par search kar liya kar pher likha kar.
    wo 09:39 AM hai...PM nahi....

    nyu bolla re.." tu kaunn"
    bolya: "me khaamkhaa"
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

  8. #48

    Lightbulb

    Dudi,

    makka BJP ke 'sweet dreams' se tu jaag ja, dophar ho li hai ! :eek:

    Am not sure about Pilots casualties but we lost 700 officers, can you believe it? It was a total intelligence failure, your fav BJP govt didn't declare it as War until last movement even Army alarmed them way before and IAF asked them for giving permission to wipe them off. But they didn't and sent our Army Officers on suicidal mission. I would call it a 'Shameful Victory' worse then any defeat we got till now.

    Tu to ghanna BJP ka bhagat ho reha aur apne signature pe bhi Advani no#1, Modi No #1 laa rakhya jo ki gud for nothing hai. Your this bloody Modi is a murderer of hundreds innocent Muslims in Guj Riots. It was a well planned genocide . A National Shame !

    Congress is not good either but certainly not worse like BJP. period !


    Rock on
    Jit



    Quote Originally Posted by gajender View Post
    Lori ,
    nind chad ri se ke . kitne pilot khoye the jara mene bhi bata de ek ui satta mare se . kim history pad bhi liya kar or kim na pave to Goooogle par search kar liya kar pher likha kar.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..



  9. #49
    Tham pension dilwao ho ke vote mango ho??

    Be on topic
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

  10. #50
    .

    My apologies brother ! ..


    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Tham pension dilwao ho ke vote mango ho??

    Be on topic
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..



  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Tham pension dilwao ho ke vote mango ho??

    Be on topic
    Kuch log to sirf pension ke liye hi vote de rahe hain.... ....purani baatein bhoolkar.......ye lolipop wali rajniti faujjiyon de dimag me bhi ghus gayi...

    i remember one punchline of "India Infoline"

    it says: "It's all about Money, Honey":thappad"..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateh View Post
    My dear teotia, my suggestion was keeping above post in view. why didnot you comment on the above post. look my dear niether I need your advice nor it is proper for you to comment on my views. If you are holding some authority in jatland,& you are trying to show your maturity, please excuse me I can survive without jat land but will not tolrate such comments . keep your ideas with you.my suggestion is for ex service men ,not for you. you are at liberty to do as per your thinking. you are too young to comment. you should understand yourself first than talk about other. I request you once again to keep yourself with yourself it will be good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    Understanding humans and their nature, characteristics, mannerisms and mind is perhaps the most intriguing puzzle that remains unsolved.
    ...
    Ability to listen and take criticism is an important quality. One should never bring in age, experience and qualification when one is debating issues.

    Most of us wear a mask behind which we hide our true self. We try and hide our personality. We are not what we appear to be. Reminds me of a quote “Reputation is what people think you are. Personality is what you appear to be. Character is what you really are”. No wonder Swami Vivekananda asked us to build character; individual & national.
    ...
    It is obvious that certain issues have been repeatedly discussed; dowry, inter-caste and same Gotra marriage, Fauj, Terrorism, Cricket, Corruption etc. Another popular discussion used to be “why are members leaving and where are old members?”.
    ...
    Regards,
    JS Malik
    respected fateh sir,

    i'm crossed between two different quotes of wisdom, given by two respected and elderly members of JL forum (quoted above).

    i do not want to tear-off your argument, just for the heck of it. having said so, i would like to draw a line somewhere (another advise of wisdom, given to me by deshwal sir) so here is my line

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

    i want to have more and the very best of you in future at JATland, and beg your forgiveness.

    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

  13. #53
    SPILLOVER EFFECTS OF OROP

    India's armed forces chiefs have got themselves registered with the Election Commission and are raring to vote in these general elections.
    'I will be voting in the elections. I will use the proxy voting system,' Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major, chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF), said.
    In an interview last year, Major had said he had been unable to vote regularly because, like most of his colleagues, he had been away from the constituency where he was registered as a voter.
    'The last I voted was 10 years ago when I was home on vacation. I have voted only four times in 41 years of service. Although there are proxy voting and postal ballots, things have not materialised as desired,' he had said.
    Military personnel can vote in their area of posting only during general elections and provided they are registered with the Election Commission in that area. This, however, rarely happens.
    The postal ballot system is in place. However, it suffers from long delays, so much so that at times the postal ballots reach the units after a new government has already taken office.
    Most soldiers also appear to be unaware of the proxy voting system that allows a family member to vote on their behalf.
    Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Indian Navy chief and chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee, had proudly showed his inked finger at a conference after the Delhi assembly elections. He is now all set to vote for the Lok Sabha polls from Delhi Cantonment since that is the station where he is posted.
    'The navy chief has been voting in every election. This time also he will vote at Delhi Cantonment,' a senior navy official said.
    When asked about his voting plans, Indian Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor said: 'Yes, I have got myself registered and will vote.'
    In January, the armed forces, for the first time, asked all their personnel to get themselves registered with the poll panel in their area of posting to exercise their right to vote.
    Due to the proactive steps by the military establishment, more than one million forms have been submitted to the Election Commission.
    The Indian Army has 1.1 million men and women, the air force has 140,000 and the navy has about 55,000 personnel.

    Voting is a democratic privilege that many armed forces personnel have been forced to skip in the past because of flaws in the electoral exercise involving soldiers but this now seems set to change.

    Comment:- Insensitive bureaucrative and political system is forcing our apolitical Armed Forces to actively in political terms. Thanx.

  14. #54

    Troops cheer, officers feel left out

    It seems that it is done for the troops but cant say if all the demands are met or not.

    Also could somebody reflect on if the person getting family pension after the death of the soldier will also be benefitted and in what manner?
    _______________
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/2009/20090707/main4.htm

    Chandigarh, July 6
    The announcement of a new system in the Union Budget for parity in pensions for defence personnel is welcome news for the troops, but it has left the officer cadre fuming.
    Based on the recommendation of a committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary on One Rank One Pension (OROP), the government has decided to “substantially improve” the pensions of other ranks and bridge the gap between pre-2006 and post-2006 retirees. This is expected to cost the exchequer Rs 2,100 crore.
    The government’s announcement does not cover officers, and a large number of them have expressed disappointment at being left out. Following the announcement of the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission, they had protested over what they perceived was a raw deal handed out to them.
    The recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission had faced sharp criticism for widening the wedge between personnel who retired before and after January 1, 2006 - the cut off date for the implementation of new scales. While earlier the pensions of PBOR were calculated on the basis of the top of the pay scales, the 6th Pay Commission postulated a calculation at the bottom of scales at par with civilians since one single scale was now brought into force for all ranks from Sepoy to Havildar. While the actual system of calculation remains hazy, sources say that it will substantially bring down the gap between retirees of various vintages. Ministry of Defence sources point out that the pensions of officers have always been linked to the pension calculation system in vogue for civil employees, whereas, Personnel Below Officers Rank (PBOR) have traditionally had a separate system in view of their service profile resulting in retirement starting from the age of 33 onwards. Even till 1996, retired PBOR of different eras were drawing almost the same pension, which was however upset by the 6th central pay commission, an anomaly that now stands addressed.

  15. #55

    Battle Half Won

    It is an irony that the very soldiers because of whom the country still exists in the backdrop of ever so active threats from Pakistan and China, are being expected to bend and beg for their rightful due by the Congress government.

    The Congress party which is adept at playing the policy of Divide and Rule has set another glaring example of this tactic by trying to divide the men in uniform by meeting the demand of a cross-section and ignoring others. It is really unfortunate that the last few in tact bricks (armed forces) of the now very shaky foundation of our country are being taken out/extracted one-by-one by the Congress party.

    Though it is a good thing that the PBOR have got their rightful due, the government should not have in the first place divided the former men in uniform into various categories and second, selectively ignored the demands of some segments (Created by it).

    This policy (Divide & Rule) is aimed at taking off the punch from the OROP agitations as numerically a vast majority's demand has been met while creating a separate class (who has not been considered for OROP) and conveniently ignoring the same.

    I am sure despite this policy of divide & rule being followed by the Congress, the former men in uniform will get together and join forces in order to ensure that all brothers in arm get their rightful due and that the battle is fully won...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by skadian123 View Post
    It is an irony that the very soldiers because of whom the country still exists in the backdrop of ever so active threats from Pakistan and China, are being expected to bend and beg for their rightful due by the Congress government.

    The Congress party which is adept at playing the policy of Divide and Rule has set another glaring example of this tactic by trying to divide the men in uniform by meeting the demand of a cross-section and ignoring others. It is really unfortunate that the last few in tact bricks (armed forces) of the now very shaky foundation of our country are being taken out/extracted one-by-one by the Congress party.

    Though it is a good thing that the PBOR have got their rightful due, the government should not have in the first place divided the former men in uniform into various categories and second, selectively ignored the demands of some segments (Created by it).

    This policy (Divide & Rule) is aimed at taking off the punch from the OROP agitations as numerically a vast majority's demand has been met while creating a separate class (who has not been considered for OROP) and conveniently ignoring the same.

    I am sure despite this policy of divide & rule being followed by the Congress, the former men in uniform will get together and join forces in order to ensure that all brothers in arm get their rightful due and that the battle is fully won...
    Completely agree. Congress is very anti-progress, corrupt, shameless, depressing party in the world - this is not an endorsement of BJP etc! - they are also useless. What kind of stupid budget did they come out with. Can someone please suggest accent reduction classes for Pranab Mukherjee - I am not sure if he was speaking in English or Bangali.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    respected fateh sir,

    i'm crossed between two different quotes of wisdom, given by two respected and elderly members of JL forum (quoted above).

    i do not want to tear-off your argument, just for the heck of it. having said so, i would like to draw a line somewhere (another advise of wisdom, given to me by deshwal sir) so here is my line

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    i want to have more and the very best of you in future at JATland, and beg your forgiveness.
    I was away and couldnot be with jatland PRIWAR. Theoritically I do agree with js Malik, when discussion takes place in the family members, when the elder has lots of love place for young ones & when young one contradicts the views of elder without knowing the background & without effected, the elders bound to feel bad if they are normal human beings & Iam a normal human being & love my jatlanders, Any way the matter is over & I appreciate your lines. with best regards

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    respected fateh sir,

    i'm crossed between two different quotes of wisdom, given by two respected and elderly members of JL forum (quoted above).

    i do not want to tear-off your argument, just for the heck of it. having said so, i would like to draw a line somewhere (another advise of wisdom, given to me by deshwal sir) so here is my line

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    i want to have more and the very best of you in future at JATland, and beg your forgiveness.
    My dear Brahm, you are welcome to tear off my argument, I can tell you this above line is also speaks of arogance & disregards. Theoritically I can agree with mr js Malik & you, but when discussion takes place among family members, when elders love their young ones & believe in transfering good SANSKARS thereby improving the behaviour of their loved ones, the elders bond to feel bad if they are normal human beings & I am a normal human being & I consider all jat landers as my family members, I love them & I believe in their welbeing/batterment. Any way dear the matter is over, I appreciate your putting lines. with best regards

  19. #59

    SSC officers- medical

    for all short service commissioned officers. Please note you are entitle to medical treatment in MHs as per para 296(O) of medical regulations, if released by govt. on completion of your contract without any blame and also not on your own request. please pass on this info to your freinds. For details contact- trident142@yahoo.co.in
    gsb

  20. #60

    One rank one pension

    Though emotionally we should all support the demand of one rank one pension for ex-serviceman yet it is a very delicate issue and can have wide repercussions in Govt. of India. All other pensioners will also demand one post one pension and thus open a Pandora's box. Though as Jats, all of us having number of near and dears as ex-serviceman or serving in the three services and prospective ex-serviceman, we are emotionally inclined to support this demand yet I am of the view that this demand cannot be easily accepted by the Govt. If this demand is accepted than what will be rational to deny similar benefit to other pensioners. So Govt will have to take decision taking all the factors into consideration. Basically I am of the view that all the senior citizens (read pensioners) should be paid handsome pension so that they may lead their old age honorably and peacefully. This becomes necessary if we consider that they have sacrificed their youth and middle age serving the nation and in India social security service is non existing and joint family system (which provided social security to all members of the family) is on the verge of collapse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •