Thread: Internet forum addiction

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Internet forum addiction

What makes you post regularly on internet forums such as this? Do you think it can be called as an addiction? You sit on a chair, you stare at the computer, you make posts directed mostly at strangers, you wait for anyone to respond to your post, than you come back at intervals through out the day and reload the pages, go to the forum stare at the computer screen and look to see if anyone replied and than you reply to that reply and replies. The replies keep coming, you keep coming and the process goes on. Do you feel you are an internet addict? I will perhaps come back and try to read replies to this post and it will go on from there. I am an internet addict and I accept it in front of the mirror staring at my face every morning.

Login to view details.
    People are reading but not replying. Any internet forum addict. I know lot of people are addicted to reading news, posting on forums, surfing the internet, killing time. Do we have something lacking in our lives, or ourselves. At job I used to check emails, read news. One day my boss came up behind me suddenly with an assignment. He saw I was watching live cricket on net. I barely saved my job and gave him a cooked up excuse that sehwag my cousin was playing for India. He believed it.

Login to view details.
    Let me put it crisply!

Addiction?
    Am not addict to internet or forums , am addicted to quality! There are days where i am forced by myself to make 10 or even more posts , there are days when there is nothing to do!

If quality is there , i can't resist.

Internet forums?
    You can find quality people there and most of today's job are computer based so its a good thing if you can relax up yourself ! I never sacrifice my work for that (that's a policy ) ! I generally open such forums when i am done with most of my dailies and important works and it adds to my relaxation and knowledge , so all good!

PS : Was watching Nadal battle out in semis in Australian open when read about your Cricket episode , coincidentally funny ! :o