Thread: Making money! The only career aspiration ?

Making money! The only career aspiration ?

I have been observing from last couple of years that the thought process of majority of youth is getting highly money centered. Harnessing of money by hook nd crook seems to be the only aspiration of most of the youth. No matter in what profession they are in but the basic objective is common and that is about making money. Money seems to become the center theme of a career/profession.

The basis of my this observation is based on day to day interaction with friends, colleagues and other people in the society I interact. Last month I was discussing with some of the friends in SSB, we were discussing on which corps/regiment is better. Most of them were favoring to join supply nd ordinance. In their opinion one can make huge money in these corps. I was surprised nd shocked with the level of their thought process.

Since I was also selected for Sub-inspector in Delhi police hence most of the people literally advised me to join it instead of Army as being in Delhi police I could make lots of money. Mine one known paid huge money in bribe for RAS interview, when I asked him why did you pay so much of amount? Then he replied “Kuch nahi hota..agar ho gaya to yeh money to first month maie hi recover kar lunga” and this become very common today.

Mine one of the friend who is an IAS today told me once that making money is not very difficult today if you are at influencing position and this is what attracting youth like anything.

The one who is entering into the system by paying huge sum as a bribe would first focus about getting that money back as soon as possible nd this is enough to lead him/her away from the responsibilities he/she has been assigned to carry out during his/her tenure.

In my opinion it is a very dangerous stage and one can easily imagine the future of the country. Can I see any ray of hope?
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Mukesh only hope is people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    Can I see any ray of hope?

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    Mukesh only hope is people like you.
    Exactly!!...............
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

i think the real hope lies in Controlling the cost of living at different locations.Some times it
    is very difficult to cope with the expenses with limited compensation.

if the Exchequer can bring some parity with the other countries in terms of Cost of living definitely we can address this problem to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Somveerd View Post
    i think the real hope lies in Controlling the cost of living at different locations.Some times it
    is very difficult to cope with the expenses with limited compensation.

if the Exchequer can bring some parity with the other countries in terms of Cost of living definitely we can address this problem to some extent.
    I don't think that the lust of money can be addressed with controlling the cost of living.. earning money to address the basic needs nd creating huge bank balance with lavish life style is altogether different..

the definition and cost of basic needs is changed substantially in last couple of years.with aveargs salary say 20-25K p.m it is
    very tight to run the routine expenses forgot about Bank balance & lavish life style.

i am not in favour of corruption and all.My only humble submission is that Cost of living is directly liked with lust of making money.So if there is high cost of living people have to make effort(legal or illegal) to match with that and vice-a-versa.

I don't think that the lust of money can be addressed with controlling the cost of living.. earning money to address the basic needs nd creating huge bank balance with lavish life style is altogether different..

very correct and also if we talk about metro city then with 20-25 K salary kuch bhi nahi ho sakta jahan rent hi 10-15K nikal jayega upar se ab kimat dekh lo chijon ki

main shart laga ke keh sakta hu ki agar apni forces ke logon ko bhi agar sirf salary deke bhul jao or bakki ki chije na do to army police ko bhi pichhe chor degi corruption me

delhi Police ke SI ki salary me wo apna ghar nahi le sakta bachhon ko pada nahi sakta issliye jiska ghar ka background accha nahi hai wo 2 no ki kamayi hi kerta hai.urrr fher jab ek baar easy money aani suru ho jatti hai to insaan ko hosh nahi rehta ki wo kitna gir chuka hai

the definition and cost of basic needs is changed substantially in last couple of years.with aveargs salary say 20-25K p.m it is
    very tight to run the routine expenses forgot about Bank balance & lavish life style.

i am not in favour of corruption and all.My only humble submission is that Cost of living is directly liked with lust of making money.So if there is high cost of living people have to make effort(legal or illegal) to match with that and vice-a-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    very correct and also if we talk about metro city then with 20-25 K salary kuch bhi nahi ho sakta jahan rent hi 10-15K nikal jayega upar se ab kimat dekh lo chijon ki

main shart laga ke keh sakta hu ki agar apni forces ke logon ko bhi agar sirf salary deke bhul jao or bakki ki chije na do to army police ko bhi pichhe chor degi corruption me

delhi Police ke SI ki salary me wo apna ghar nahi le sakta bachhon ko pada nahi sakta issliye jiska ghar ka background accha nahi hai wo 2 no ki kamayi hi kerta hai.urrr fher jab ek baar easy money aani suru ho jatti hai to insaan ko hosh nahi rehta ki wo kitna gir chuka hai
    Even if I consider your arguments for a moment then tell me why the corruption was low at some years back...Salary at that time used to be very less but still the level of corruption was far low then what is today... cost of living has increased in last but so is the income of people.. An IAS/RAS officer is paid handsome salary but still they are highly involved in the corruption… I don’t think that cost of living is the reason behind their involvement in the corruption… even if you see the increase in salary an solution then what level do you suggest?

I have seen people managing perfectly with 25K average salary without getting involved in corruption that too in a metro city… so I’m not convinced where is the need of a SI earning money with illegal means to fulfill his day to day expenses ( bacho ki padai, rent nd so on..)

At first army is not a career rather it is a service...If someone is going their for earning money then he is totally mistaken...Such people must be thrown out of the organization. Moreover government is paying enough salary to live a good life. But still the involvement of many officers in corruption is really very disappointing.

Earning money with illegal mean can’t be justified with less salary.. It depends on individual that what standard of living one define for himself..if one is earning 20K and dreaming of riding a Honda city or wanting his children to study in five star hotels like school then that is not possible.. One can provide education to his children even in normal schools too.. there is a well known proverb.. Jitne gudadi maie dhage ho pair utne hi failane chahiye..

Agar Honda city ride karni hai to mehnat karo nd utni aur phir kharido.. chalane ka bi alag hi maza ayega..

Immaterial to this the only thing I can say is that it is not the cost of living rather it is the spoiled mentality of the people which is responsible for this sorry state..

Even if I consider your arguments for a moment then tell me why the corruption was low at some years back...Salary at that time used to be very less but still the level of corruption was far low then what is today... cost of living has increased in last but so is the income of people.. An IAS/RAS officer is paid handsome salary but still they are highly involved in the corruption… I don’t think that cost of living is the reason behind their involvement in the corruption… even if you see the increase in salary an solution then what level do you suggest?
    People plan by looking future...past only act as learning experience. Just analyse the growth, glamour, infrastructure development compare to last decade.
    Mere friend ka link tha Hooda govt. mae vo officer lag gaya..am still in corporate not by choice. Only few lucky get through pure merit.
    Otherwise, you strongly need jack or money to get in. Everybody want to win so limits are crossed, talent is not a only criteria. People use saam, kaam, dand, bhed.
    Its like everything is fair in love and war.

Secondally, paisa BHUK hai...its up to individual kitna pacha sakta hai...
    Ye uppar ka paisa sabke pachta bhi konya...u need strong digestion system.

At the end, all depends on individual how much he will bow his self respect (This word is goin to be joke in years to come)
    for money and survival and ability to control desires.

But remember everyone want to win the game and there is only one rule that is "NO RULE".
    At the end what count is where u are and not how u reach there. Go play...
    We have only one life and win is the ultimate goal. Matters what is meaning of WIN for u..

Life is tough and mostly people are loser in it. The basic reason behind this money oriented thinking is rise of science and this perception that life is one so enjoy it as much as you can. Besides it, honests also feel the heat of life. If corrupts fall sick, get old and die, then honests are also no exceptions. I have also felt the heat in this concern. I can say that I am honest. There are many incidences that I got extra money by chance but I gave that money back. In my profession I can make some extra money per month, but I don't. Just 2 years ago my father (74 years old) fell ill. My father was in Delhi Police, but he never took bribe in his life. His heartbeat dipped to as low as 25 per minute (normally it should be 65-75 per minute). Doctors told that pacemaker is required (cost around 1 lac). Then I was in big dilemma. Is this the result of honesty? Our hard-earned money was going to be spent. Then first time I felt that corrupts are right. They earn money by hook or crook. They can get the best treatment available and honests die like the animals. I was feeling as if my heart was also going to fail. That was the real test. But soon I was very happy and sure that there is some power, which does the right justice. Actually I took my father to the referred hospital's angiography room. There were many patients. By that time, my father's heartbeat had become almost normal. As soon as my father's turn came, machine failed. It had been around 2 hours waiting and we both had become quite irritated. I asked my father if the heartbeat is normal now, then why not to wait and watch. Doctors tried to fear us...it is risky...anything may happen any time...but we got voluntary discharged. Around 2 years have passed my father is quite healthy. Was that the reward for our honesty? I know my parents will not be forever in this world and it is not necessary that all honests will be able to avoid pacemakers as we avoided, but yet I am satisfied with the honesty. This is not the only incidence of it's kind in my life. That's why if I am ever offered the bribe of even $100 billion...yeah I am fully confident...I will not accept that. What is the guarantee that life is one...if no one has seen that there is rebirth, then who has seen this too that life is one? Corrupts suffer more.
    Actually life can be lived even in 10-15K p.m. (many are living even in 5K p.m.), but if one is not satisfied, then even 15 Carore p.m. is insufficient. Many public school kids are not so able as Mukesh and I think Mukesh's family has been living upon less than 10K p.m.
    Corrupt people generally earns illegal wealth to fulfill their bad habbits. Such people have extra-marital affairs and other bad habbits. To be honest is very tough and honesty is not enough also for a successful and happy life. If honests are given the happiest life here then what should those people be given who will do something better than the honests? To get the best, one will have to be the best. All have right to live their life according to their own terms and conditions. If you are expecting this whole world to be honest then you are expecting this whole world to be happy. To be honest is tough that's why only chosen one can do so. If there are a number of corrupts, there are uncountable honests too. Me is also honest, Mukesh and many others here are also honest, but who cares? Result of the life will tell who was right and who was wrong?

I have been observing from last couple of years that the thought process of majority of youth is getting highly money centered. Harnessing of money by hook nd crook seems to be the only aspiration of most of the youth. No matter in what profession they are in but the basic objective is common and that is about making money. Money seems to become the center theme of a career/profession.

The basis of my this observation is based on day to day interaction with friends, colleagues and other people in the society I interact. Last month I was discussing with some of the friends in SSB, we were discussing on which corps/regiment is better. Most of them were favoring to join supply nd ordinance. In their opinion one can make huge money in these corps. I was surprised nd shocked with the level of their thought process.

Since I was also selected for Sub-inspector in Delhi police hence most of the people literally advised me to join it instead of Army as being in Delhi police I could make lots of money. Mine one known paid huge money in bribe for RAS interview, when I asked him why did you pay so much of amount? Then he replied “Kuch nahi hota..agar ho gaya to yeh money to first month maie hi recover kar lunga” and this become very common today.

Mine one of the friend who is an IAS today told me once that making money is not very difficult today if you are at influencing position and this is what attracting youth like anything.

The one who is entering into the system by paying huge sum as a bribe would first focus about getting that money back as soon as possible nd this is enough to lead him/her away from the responsibilities he/she has been assigned to carry out during his/her tenure.

In my opinion it is a very dangerous stage and one can easily imagine the future of the country. Can I see any ray of hope?

Absolutely right, I also have heard friends /colleagues, who did switch over their jobs/fields only for money though they were the best fit in their respective field with good sum of bucks. I am not against of govt. jobs but It’s really make disappoints to me when people talk about to join the Govt. sector only to make money without any effort on duties. People start to give the examples of their relatives and families member those enjoying the govt. Job with handsome money by illegal means. Recently two of my friends join the HGPGCL (Haryana Gas power generation) by paying huge bribe only to make money nearby their homes with negligence of their duties and corruption (Ghar ke pass hai , duty jao ya na jao marji hai – ye kahte hai unke ghar wale bhi). What we will be doom of that thousands crore investment and boilers / compressor which will run by such dudes????
    One side such type of attitude creates the confused manpower with no interest in their jobs and other side leads the corruption. Only money oriented manpower can not lead any nation/ organization towards perfection, that’s why we have imperfection in Indian products.

Yes, the partial solution is..

"Privatization"

i guess the topic needs a little correction..

"Making Money through corruption ! The only career aspiration (specially in govt. jobs).
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

making money is not bad. but making money by unethically is condemnable. like exploitation of poor, corrupt practices, adulteration etc.
    choose the right way to earn money.
    and an interesting thing to note here is that when money is earned by righteous means, it is just the right amount, its never too much. so earn by righteous means.