Thread: What Should be Expected of Jats Associations

What Should be Expected of Jats Associations

Dear All,

During the last Association meeting, the elders of NE Chapter in USA selected me to be the President of this chapter. I was totally taken by surprise as I am comparatively pretty new to this area and know very little about very few of our community members. However I have been attending almost all functions of the community, unless either I am not in state or not in a position to move.

It has been about 5 months since then and I am trying to figure out as to what is expected of me by the people except organize the two annual functions.

My questions to all members across the globe are as under:

1. What should be the scope of these organizations?
    2. Should there be charter of duty for each office bearer of the assciation.
    3. Should there be a constitution for the association.
    4. How do we finance these associations.
    5. How can they contribute to further interests of the community.
    6. Do we need to have a general meeting of these associations atleast once a year to discuss the achievements and define the goals for the next year.
    7. What authority the elected members should have over community matters and how that should be implemented
    8. Are we prepared as a community to make such organizations strong. And if so, what should be the next step.
    9. Should we have more of such associations in India where we can complement each other, some thing on the lines of Bhartiya Kisan Union.
    9. I personally, feel, once we make these small organizations strong, we can group them nationally and internationally to make our community a viable political force. It might take a lot of time and effort but will be a good idea to keep our community interest alive. Please concentrate on the questions raised and how the ideas so generated can be implemented in letter and spirit of these forums.

I would request all memebers to express their views on this.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

requirement of Jat association in present scienario

respected sir,
    the pointwise solution of the points in my views as under:

1. What should be the scope of these organizations?
    these organisations may be more helpful for us. through this association we may live like a joint family. suppose one person wants to go in USA for any work, through this association he will get many helpful hands for him. we can discuss our problems through this association.in present scenario there is a need of this association.
    2. Should there be charter of duty for each office bearer of the assciation.
    yes, each office bearer should take his duty.
    3. Should there be a constitution for the association.
    yes, constitution is must for any association.

4. How do we finance these associations.
    finance for this association should come through the members of association all over world.
    5. How can they contribute to further interests of the community.
    suppose any person is working in a office, he should be helpful for others. like - i am working in all india council for technical education, new delhi- i welcome to all Jat Bhaio for any query to this office. like that we sould be helpful for others.
    6. Do we need to have a general meeting of these associations atleast once a year to discuss the achievements and define the goals for the next year.
    yes, general meeting should be atleast once in a year to discuss the problems.
    7. What authority the elected members should have over community matters and how that should be implemented
    management authority elected members on his working area, interest for community and what he can for community.
    8. Are we prepared as a community to make such organizations strong. And if so, what should be the next step.
    we badly needed a such type of association for community. we should elected retired persons in community for advice and youth for action.
    9. Should we have more of such associations in India where we can complement each other, some thing on the lines of Bhartiya Kisan Union.
    we should have a single munch for all short associations.
    9. I personally, feel, once we make these small organizations strong, we can group them nationally and internationally to make our community a viable political force. It might take a lot of time and effort but will be a good idea to keep our community interest alive. Please concentrate on the questions raised and how the ideas so generated can be implemented in letter and spirit of these forums.

come on for this holy work and we are with you for progress of community.

thanks
    sanjay singh

Aja

DEAR COL SAHIB.
    Congratulation to you and your AJA members. You are doing very well. Carry on good work.
    All the points are goods.
    I think constitutation is there. Some AJA chapters are working on local leval.
    Get them all re-organise with new membership. Let the members decide what type of AJA they want in future.
    We started a local KY chapter in Lexington. We will work with you and Midwest Chicago AJA chapter.
    We can re-organise all these chapters/forum. Make a net work of all world Jats associations/chapters.

We need help and co-operation of all jats/jatnis.
    All suggestions welcome.
    A 23 year JAT Sikh boy from scotland can understand the meaning jats unity.
    Liken Hamare Guru/chaudhriyo ko kon sanja sakta hae.
    Please learn from this Jat sikh boy the way forward.
    JAIHIND
    Dharmpal
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Dear Dudee Ji,

Thanks a lot for your encouragement. Harjivan has done well to prgress on the thread by taking a good initiative. I was wondering for several days that while so many people had viewed this post but no one responded. The purpose of this post is to get maximum ideas to make our community stronger and finally a viable force which can play a vital role in nation building at home and projecting the nation abroad. I know it is easier said than done, but if we all work together without personal ambitions, we can do it.

I am impressed that the lead had been taken by younger people. Sanjay and Harjivan have given their views. We need much more than that.

We are having a Diwali Celebration for the community at Edison, NJ on 13th November, and I intend to put this point forward to the member who show up there.

I hope the word and awareness spreads. We are looking forward for a very close cooperation from all the associations, both in US and in other countries.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Congratulations col. sahab. Keep it up for the community
    Be Honest , Be Kind, Respect All