Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Jaat Personality ..?

What is Jaat Personality ..?

After rambling through all sorts of nerdy topics on this jatland.....I jolted by thought of puting some worth -wile ....I wonder what is typical jaat personality.....I had grown with haryanvi jaat and now married in Sikh jaat community.......!!

The typical Sikh jaat is an extrovert, a sociable fellow who likes to eat well, dress well. Even if he’s in a tight spot he would like to twirl his moustache and say "Chardi kala" ("on the up and up") to those who ask how he’s getting on. He learns quickly and assimilates new cultures without difficulty; family honour is sacrosanct to him, but in other matters he tends to be liberal minded. I find these virtue missing in our kaum of Haryanvi Jaat. It is a matter of pride to be "up to date". I admire Jaat sikh his enterprise and capacity to work hard are legendary and his deepest ambition is to "be his own boss":

Any way no grudges just want simple dissusion as I myself is one haryanvi jaat at the end of day.

Regards
    Niti

Clarification

Niti,
    I would like to know in what context you have put this thread and moreover would you elaborate, which all virtues we(jats) are missing.
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Clarification

I am a supporter of healthy criticism, because i feel that no Nation/State/Religion/Race or Cast can move forward if it doesnt give enough room for healthy criticism.
    I have served in the Sikh Regiment(pure jatt sikh) for 7 years, so i would like to know what made you to reach on this conclusion and comparision.

Quote Originally Posted by nitiz

After rambling through all sorts of nerdy topics on this jatland.....I jolted by thought of puting some worth -wile ....I wonder what is typical jaat personality.....I had grown with haryanvi jaat and now married in Sikh jaat community.......!!

The typical Sikh jaat is an extrovert, a sociable fellow who likes to eat well, dress well. Even if he’s in a tight spot he would like to twirl his moustache and say "Chardi kala" ("on the up and up") to those who ask how he’s getting on. He learns quickly and assimilates new cultures without difficulty; family honour is sacrosanct to him, but in other matters he tends to be liberal minded. I find these virtue missing in our kaum of Haryanvi Jaat. It is a matter of pride to be "up to date". I admire Jaat sikh his enterprise and capacity to work hard are legendary and his deepest ambition is to "be his own boss":

Any way no grudges just want simple dissusion as I myself is one haryanvi jaat at the end of day.

Regards
    Niti
    Looks like this is going to be a really intertesting debate. I have been on record earlier also about our Jat girls going out and marrying the boys from other castes. I gave my own reasons in that thread. In my view the ultimate test of a man is what a woman thinks about him. God has given woman inherent powers to analyse the man. With this in mind, I take the views of Niti very seriously. However, before I go in too many details, I would ask Niti one very simple question. For how long has she been married as that would give us fair idea about her exposure to all the traits of Jat Sikhs. Whatever, she has written so far, certainly makes lot of sense. However, as debate unfolds, many more aspects will appear about both Jats and Jat sikhs..My personal feeling is that Niti is married hardly for a year or so when sky looks pink...(no laughs..as this is serious discussion..)

Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; December 21st, 2004 at 02:01 PM.

No hard feeling

I am that fortunate person who had experianced both the world of Haryanvi jaat and Sikh Jatt.I had observed both culture very closely and I can confidentely say that jatt sikh can beat hallow haryanvi jaat any damm day. I know that I am very blunt in my response, but that’s Truth.Take blend from Freedom fighter to today high flier modern virtue Sikh has dominated us in all avenue

regards
    Niti

Red face Life is Song for me...!!

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar
    My personal feeling is that Niti is married hardly for a year or so when sky looks pink...(no laughs..as this is serious discussion..)

Rajendra
    Hello...!!
    Uncle Ji..!!

Yes sky is not only Pink but far better i mean "RED".....Life was equally Great before marrage.....There was no Blue colour what soever...!! before and after marriage
    Regards
    Niti

I am that fortunate person who had experianced both the world of Haryanvi jaat and Sikh Jatt.I had observed both culture very closely and I can confidentely say that jatt sikh can beat hallow haryanvi jaat any damm day. I know that I am very blunt in my response, but that’s Truth.Take blend from Freedom fighter to today high flier modern virtue Sikh has dominated us in all avenue

regards
    Niti
    Nice to hear all this..There is an old saying Niti..Shaadi ke baad larkee ko maika acha nahi lagta..Piyaa ka ghar hi achaa lagta hai...Pakka teri shaadi bahut purani nahi hai...kuch saalon baad poochenge ki hakikat kiya hai...There is one more saying that nayee nayee musalmaani, allah allah pukaare...maan gaye Niti ji..sab kuch maan gaye..Thora waqat gujarne do. Hum bhi yaheen hain aur aap bhi..fir poochenge aapki sasuraal walon ke haal...arrey bhai humne bhi duniya dekhi hai aur duniya ke log...abhi hum aapke haseen sapnon me dakhal nahi dena chahte..kuch din maja lijiye sapnon ka...By the way did you spend some time among pind de sikh jatt?

Rajendra

what is the need

I am really surprised to learn that why you are defending jat sikh so strongly, do you think is there any need of such comprasion. If you are attached to jat sikh by marriage , same way i am attached to this community being from the same regiment. And till day i have never felt of comparing eachother.
    Whatever you call for me they are also Jats.

Every body knows that who is dominating whom, if that is the logic i think still brahamans/baniya and punjabis dominate us. On all the top position you will find them, see how many pandit prime ministers we had till now....you can also see how many ministers we have from from the communities i have mentioned.
    kulwant

regards
    Niti

Please Block Niti

Hi Brothers

I would request we all should not encourage such threads which compares Jat Sikhs and Hindu Jats. Here we are working to unite Jats not to divide Jats. People like Niti kisi ke nahin hote. Jo ladki 20 ya 25 saal Haryana mein reh kar Hindu Jaton ki nahin huee woh ab sikh jaton ki kya hogi.

Niti jaise log sirf batna jaante hain.

I would request you all to ignore Niti, and also request Admin of Jatland to block Niti or any comments which do comparison between different Jats.

Hindu, Sikh and Muslim Jats, all are brothers.

I am being rude with her, but I think she deserve this.

Bye

Wah re wah mere haryanvi Jat Sher.!!

Nice to hear all this..There is an old saying Niti..Shaadi ke baad larkee ko maika acha nahi lagta..Piyaa ka ghar hi achaa lagta hai...Pakka teri shaadi bahut purani nahi hai...kuch saalon baad poochenge ki hakikat kiya hai...There is one more saying that nayee nayee musalmaani, allah allah pukaare...maan gaye Niti ji..sab kuch maan gaye..Thora waqat gujarne do. Hum bhi yaheen hain aur aap bhi..fir poochenge aapki sasuraal walon ke haal...arrey bhai humne bhi duniya dekhi hai aur duniya ke log...abhi hum aapke haseen sapnon me dakhal nahi dena chahte..kuch din maja lijiye sapnon ka...By the way did you spend some time among pind de sikh jatt?

Rajendra
    Wah re wah mere haryanvi Jat Sher !!

Aapke mardaangi bhari post ko pad ke aap par hansi aa rahi hain..aur aapke counter-part jat bhai to bada naaz hoga aapke post par..!!. I think you feeling remorseful Rajinder ji..!!
    yes you are right shaadi is just 11 months old...Haa baas life tu real main ek sapna sa lagti hain....Hats off to to Jatt Sikh's( even pindu jatt also)...There are really "Chardi kala"

Regards
    Niti

Quote Originally Posted by rajoura

Niti jaise log sirf batna jaante hain.
    Niti ji! maike aur sasuraal walon ke dilon ko jodiye... tere bachon ke bhaat to humee log dene aayenge...I am 100% sure that in front of your sasural walas, you must be talking high of us. hamari burai karke tera koi bhala hone wala nahi wahan par...Thore dinon baad teri saas hi tane margee ki uska beta kahan se bahu lekara aaya hai..Pata hai purane jamane me log rishte takat badhane ke liye kiya karte thee..Arjun married Krishna's sister and see how powerful the combination was...I know many Jatt sikh girls who got married with a hindu Jat boys...Honestly we never think that Jat sikhs are any better or any inferior to us..In my next post I will give you the detaled statistics in as many fields as I can..Starting from Royality to poetry, politics to economics..

Rajendra

Wah re wah mere haryanvi Jat Sher !!

Aapke mardaangi bhari post ko pad ke aap par hansi aa rahi hain..aur aapke counter-part jat bhai to bada naaz hoga aapke post par..!!. I think you feeling remorseful Rajinder ji..!!
    yes you are right shaadi is just 11 months old...Haa baas life tu real main ek sapna sa lagti hain....Hats off to to Jatt Sikh's( even pindu jatt also)...There are really "Chardi kala"

Regards
    Niti
    Niti ji lagta hai tum Sonali ki posts padh kar nakal maar rahee ho...hahahhaah...opening lines aaj tumne usee ki posts se churaayee hain....bol hai naa?

Rajendra

Niti ji lagta hai tum Sonali ki posts padh kar nakal maar rahee ho...hahahhaah...opening lines aaj tumne usee ki posts se churaayee hain....bol hai naa?

Rajendra
    " Saawan ke aande ne saab harra harra dikh se...!!".....Yes Rajinder i am missing sonali.....I think that Line may fill the void created by her( I don't know but it was all natural by myside ho saakta hain Jiji sonali ka kutch asar aagya ho) .Any way aap bada interest liya karo Sonali main..!!

regards
    Niti

" Saawan ke aande ne saab harra harra dikh se...!!".....Yes Rajinder i am missing sonali.....I think that Line may fill the void created by her( I don't know but it was all natural by myside ho saakta hain Jiji sonali ka kutch asar aagya ho) .Any way aap bada interest liya karo Sonali main..!!

regards
    Niti
    Smiles....

RK^2

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    " I can confidentely say that jatt sikh can beat hallow haryanvi jaat any damm day" ok agreed.......but what do you want to prove?
    suppose IF sikh jat are better then haryanvi jat............so what?
    As long as haryanvi jats are happy,satisfied........there is no problem
    and i think they are........don't you think so.........
    a very simple example is You..............and your post

kisi na kaha hai "chinta nahi chintan karna chahiye..................."

QUOTE=nitiz]I am that fortunate person who had experianced both the world of Haryanvi jaat and Sikh Jatt.I had observed both culture very closely and I can confidentely say that jatt sikh can beat hallow haryanvi jaat any damm day. I know that I am very blunt in my response, but that’s Truth.Take blend from Freedom fighter to today high flier modern virtue Sikh has dominated us in all avenue

regards
    Niti[/QUOTE]

Smile Ha Ha Ha

ha ha ha
    yo tai nu llaagai sai ke aap apne lungi aale sardar nai mhaari gail ghulwaoge ar wo hamnai tha tha kai patkega. Dekhiyo kade aapke muchchhad ki "chardi kala" ka "Chit Kala" ho jya.
    i dont know why you ve posted this? do u want us to look down on ourselves or that you are instigating us to give a strong reply.
    Aap maanti hain ke aapka sardar bada tope hai, to maaniye na. hhamne kab mana kiya hai.
    Bhai yo Haryane ke jat tai nu e maati mai lathpath raya karain sai, aapne pasand ho to theek, naa pasand hon to bhi theek.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

all are better

Dear Nitiz elder sister.

i don't know which jat community is better.
    But before everything we are Indian. We should not forgetit. We are Indian it is the biggest identification by which we can introduce ourself in world.
    If sikh jat are better then it is good for nation and haryanvi jat are better then it is also good for our country.

So nitiji aap se request hai ki indians ka apas maie comparison mat karto. Yeh achi baat nahi hai. Na to society ke liye and na hi country ke liye. aap janti hai apka yeh post kitne logo ki soch maie uthal puthal macha sakta hai.

In democracy you can say everything but as a responsible citizen you should be aware from others felling also. So it is my polite request from you don't compare indian each other.

so i can hope that you will change your views about us.
    Last edited by mukeshkumar007; December 21st, 2004 at 04:47 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Dear All,

I am deeply pained to follow the discussion on this thread. I really don't know, what Niti has tried to achieve by starting this thread.

Major Kulwant would be a better person to elaborate the comparision on Jat Sikh or Haryanvi Jat, for he has spent more time than Niti with that community.

Niti may be knowing just one family and thus trying to prove that the entire Sikh Jat Community may be like that.

Let me give you one real life example of comparision of Jat Sikh Vs. Non Jat Sikh. In 1978 we had 2 Sikh Bn within our division. They always won cross country championship by a razor thin margine from our Brigade. But we beat them squarely in Athletics continously for three years. One incident draws particular attention. It was 1500 meter run. 2Sikh has fielded Nk Harjit Singh (who had won a silver medal in Asian games about 15 days before), We had L/Nk Yogendra Singh (now Late Subedar Yogendra Singh) whose main event was 3000 M Steple Chase. He voluntered to participate in 1500 M that year. This event was not on the final day. Yogendra was following Harjit throughout and in last 50 meters he took off and beat Harjit. That was a flashing news in the entire division. The GOC did not see the event and thus ordered the re-run of the event. On the final day Yogendra beat Harjit by 3 meters while on the first day it was by just about a meter.

The lesson is that we have all kind of people in all communities. I happen to have Sikh Regiment ERE staff when I was the BM. Most of them from the Jat Sikh Community. I liked them as they were very hard working. The only problem I found with them that they rarely spoke the truth. May be the Bns had sent those kind of people on ERE. I don't say that entire Sikh Jat Community may be like that.

My purpose of this post is just to let every one know that there are all kind of people in each community and you can not make a judgement on entire community by seeing one or two samples. May be Niti has exposure to a very small sample of the community, may be her parents and her in-laws only and may be just comparing the two families.

We all need to grow above all this. Each side of Jat Community has done well in some field or other. It is the opportunities and exposure that one gets brings them in lime light.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif
    We all need to grow above all this. Each side of Jat Community has done well in some field or other. It is the opportunities and exposure that one gets brings them in lime light.
    Very well said Tavathia Sahab...

Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif
    Dear All,

I am deeply pained to follow the discussion on this thread. I really don't know, what Niti has tried to achieve by starting this thread.

hay..!!

I know that there is difference 19 -20 ...Jat for haryana are equally capable ...But at end whosover win deserve the prize .My idea to compare two great Kaum is enlinghten that we should leverage our resource to catch jatt sikh...and even possible beat them..!!...I am more haryanvi jaat than jatt sikh...if I had hurted sentiment of fellow jat i am extremly sorrry..!!

Regards
    Niti