Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dara Singh - Is He a Jat?

Hi Guys,

HSBirk, I think no Jat at Jattworld has a real problem with you being pro-India, but you have often crossed the line with your hatred of Khalistanis, most of whom we know were Jat Sikhs. Obviously if there was no problem with how Jat Sikhs were being treated by the government of India, there would be no need for them to join together and protest. Jat Sikhs are an honorable people who generally don’t do panga for the sake of panga. But if pressed they will do everything in their power to revolt.

Raman, Yeah I agree with the points you raised.

Regards,

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    HSBirk, I think no Jat at Jattworld has a real problem with you being pro-India,
    Ajat:

If they are allowed to present their version of Khalistani propaganda then why not the other side of the story?

but you have often crossed the line with your hatred of Khalistanis, most of whom we know were Jat Sikhs.

Shaheed Beant Singh (former CM), Shaheed SSP Ajit Singh Sandhu, Sardar K.P.S. Gill (wartime hero), General Brar, Simranjeet Singh Mann (former Police Officer now MP), Prakash Badal, Amarinder Singh are all Jats and all opposed the Khalistan movement in one way or another.

A traitor is a traitor regardless of caste or religion.

Obviously if there was no problem with how Jat Sikhs were being treated by the government of India, there would be no need for them to join together and protest.
    If it was such a big problem then why did not other Jats in the Army, Police, Politics join in with the terrorists?

Jat Sikhs are an honorable people who generally don’t do panga for the sake of panga. But if pressed they will do everything in their power to revolt.
    The whole khalistani v.s. India guerrilla war was Jat v.s. Jat. Unfortunately Pakistani spies paid and brainwashed some gulliable Jats to support their idea of Khalistan and it had to come to that. These Khalistani terrorists were going around village to village killing babies, raping daughters in front of fathers, robbing people, killing people in day and night. Have you not seen www.punjabtrauma.com ???? What was India to do? When people were being blown out of busses just because they were clean shaven and thought to be Hindus that was too much. The government had to act. They had to kill off these terrorists who were threatening to split the country. Jat, chmar, rajput it did not matter. A traitor is a traitor. That is a very serious thing. Don't expect us Indians to just sit there and let the Pakistani army walk in. India will never allow such a thing.

Jai Hind!

Login to view details.
    My suggestion is only that he could put his views forward with a little sensitivity. Some people are a little touchy.
    Ravi:

People are touchy over terrorism too.

There is also no easy way to say what he has to say, especially when some in the audience have already made up their minds
    Why can't we have 2 sides of the story? There is a distorted biased anti-India version of events all over the internet. The ground reality was totally different during the terrorism years in Punjab.

Login to view details.
    As for Bhatinda - I have some distant family still there ..... other than the big electro-thermal plant and a big army community, there is absolutely nothing there whatsoever. It seems bereft of any development.
    Ramandeep: have you been to Chandhigahr? If and when Chandhighar is returned to Punjab as promised, it too will fall into Malwa. What is there inside Punjab that is more advanced than Chandigarh?

Login to view details.
    Regarding Doabia and Malwai, admitted the average landholding in Malwa is larger than that in Doaba, but farming yield was traditionally higher in the Doaba Area. Around a hundred years ago, Malwa was not nearly as prosperous – Bathinda would often experience dust-bowls. In those day, Doaba Men, who could not attain a suitable bride would go to Malwa to purchase one.

Nowadays, however, due to the irrigation networks and agricultural skills – the Malwa Jat is on average the richest Jat of the Panjab.
    Ajat:

Doabias were beginning to flee their region in the early 1900's. Why do you think they did that? They had low land holdings then and now. I have heard the reverse where Malwai Jatts have bought doaba brides. Generally Malwai don't like to associate with Doabia because they are poor and their social standing in their own area is almost non-existant with some notable exceptions. Sangha farms of Doaba is one such example. The Malwa Jat is not only the most richest, but also the most educated, most politically active and most influential in Punjab.

Login to view details.
    http://www.flight182.com/

This site details how Canadian-based terrorists asking for Khalistan had bombed a couple of planes in 1985 and killed over 300 including some Sikhs too. One of them admitted it: http://www.flight182.com/news210.htm

Do you still deny Khalistani terror ?

Login to view details.
    http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/kpsgil...m/Sep16TOI.htm

I am in total agreement with Sardar K.P.S. Gill on the following:

"One of my overriding beliefs, in the context of Khalistani terrorism in Punjab, was that Sikhism and terrorism were essentially incompatible, and I had said repeatedly that no true Sikh can be a terrorist; no terrorist can be a true Sikh. This had earned me the opprobrium of many of my fellow Sikhs, but it remains my unshakeable conviction that the same is true of the followers of Islam; the Islamist terrorists insult and violate the basic tenets and humanism of their Faith through their actions."

Ajat, this couldnt of happend often, rarely hear/see Doabi/Malwai relation bro :S
    Last edited by d1e_slow55; October 21st, 2004 at 06:32 PM.

Login to view details.

problems

Sunny Singh,

To crush a Jat Sikh rebellion, or any Jat rebellion for that matter ...... you need Jat Sikhs to do it.

I think its naive of those fellows on JW to assume that Jat Sikhs serving against the khalistan movement were not going to use underhand tactics. Secondly, its even more naive to think that these Jat Sikhs are limited to a few names (eg famous names like KPS Gill and Ajit Sandhu etc) that you could count on one hand. Oh, and now one more in this fellow, Birk. Nope. Thats silly. These guys were and are there in their thousands upon thousands.

They are the ones still living in India. Facing day to day indian problems: water shortages, power cuts, increasing fertilizer costs, christian missionaries and the other kuth-poona that emantes from bollywood. They're NOT the ones sat several thousand miles away in Southall, Birmingham or Vancouver or sunny california with Shamu the killer whale.

Mr Birk,

Banging on about Chandigarh being transferred to Punjab is not going to win you many friends on this site.I spoke 2 lines in Punjabi to sunny singh and it offended somebody - but that is going a bit over the top.
    Remember that this site is 99% hindu jat (significant number from Haryana) - lets not hurt anyone's feelings. If there are any issues - then bring them up nicely and politely.
    Awhile ago, some guy from JW (who's probably a Sikh Rajput in disguise judging by his 'goth' ) came onto this site and started acting really dumb. Saying crap like 'haryana is stealing punjab's water', 'oh we are closer to punjabi muslims' etc - defeating all the principles of jat unity / jat ekta. Probably a non-jat khalistani sardar a la mode Jagjit Chohan (ooops did I give his surname away ...)
    Dont go down that line. Lets strive for some hindu jat - sikh jat unity. Something useful and something attainable - not some fantasy punjabiyat alliance with pakistani sayeeds and rajputs. Like how the slimeys, sorry sainis, of JW would like to see. Salah aaloo-mattar bechan walah!!!

Take Care bro!

Rab rakha.

Sat Sri Akal to all Jat Sikhs and Ram Ram Sa to all Hindu Jaats.

Hi HS Birk

“Ajat:

Doabias were beginning to flee their region in the early 1900's. Why do you think they did that? They had low land holdings then and now. I have heard the reverse where Malwai Jatts have bought doaba brides. Generally Malwai don't like to associate with Doabia because they are poor and their social standing in their own area is almost non-existant with some notable exceptions. Sangha farms of Doaba is one such example. The Malwa Jat is not only the most richest, but also the most educated, most politically active and most influential in Punjab.”

How long was Malwa under British Rule and how long was Doaba Under British Rule?

Best Wishes,

Login to view details.
    They are the ones still living in India. Facing day to day indian problems: water shortages, power cuts, increasing fertilizer costs, christian missionaries and the other kuth-poona that emantes from bollywood. They're NOT the ones sat several thousand miles away in Southall, Birmingham or Vancouver or sunny california with Shamu the killer whale.
    Ramandeep: this has been my point exactly. These people think and act like armchair generals. have any of them ever fought for the khalistan that they passionately seek?

Mr Birk,

Banging on about Chandigarh being transferred to Punjab is not going to win you many friends on this site.I spoke 2 lines in Punjabi to sunny singh and it offended somebody - but that is going a bit over the top
    Talking about water issues won't win me any Haryana Jat friends either but that is mostly due to Punjab and Haryana being neighbors and nothing to do with being Sikh or Hindu.

Chandhigahr was carved out of Punjab state & was promised by Rajiv Gandhi in his agreement with some Akali leaders. That was of course before the Khalistani militancy. How can anyone deny Chandhigarh was carved out of Punjab? I would not lose any sleep if Chandigarh stays a Union Terrirtory or if it went to Haryana as both Haryana and Punjab are still part of India.

Remember that this site is 99% hindu jat (significant number from Haryana) - lets not hurt anyone's feelings.
    That is not my intention.

If there are any issues - then bring them up nicely and politely.
    Awhile ago, some guy from JW (who's probably a Sikh Rajput in disguise judging by his 'goth' ) came onto this site and started acting really dumb. Saying crap like 'haryana is stealing punjab's water', 'oh we are closer to punjabi muslims' etc - defeating all the principles of jat unity / jat ekta. Probably a non-jat khalistani sardar a la mode Jagjit Chohan (ooops did I give his surname away ...)
    Haryana was created out of Punjab. Therefore it does deserve water but water needs of Punjab must be addressed too in a fair way.

You are correct Chohan is not a Jat name. They are rajputs who in Punjab have become mixed with Jats. Jagjit Chohan is a coward. He gives speeches in England. He was afraid to go and fight for khalistan himself.

Dont go down that line. Lets strive for some hindu jat - sikh jat unity. Something useful and something attainable - not some fantasy punjabiyat alliance with pakistani sayeeds and rajputs. Like how the slimeys, sorry sainis, of JW would like to see. Salah aaloo-mattar bechan walah!!!
    I agree with you that the average Pakistani who is following Taliban has nothing in common with Jats but many Pakistani Jats are not particularly religious (same as Sikh Jats). They share most of the same surnames as Sikh Jats. Other than religion they are basically the same.

The only difference between Pakistani Virks, Sikh Virks and Hindu Virks is religion. Religion, state, language should not be used to split Jats. A Jat is a Jat is a Jat. All other titles are secondary.

Login to view details.
    How long was Malwa under British Rule and how long was Doaba Under British Rule?

Best Wishes,

Doaba was under Kapurthala Alhuwalias and Maharaja Ranjit Singh's rule before the British took it over directly after Ranjit Singh's forces were defeated in 1849. Doaba remained under British control for nearly 100 years until 1947.

Malwa was ruled by the Phulkian rajas right up until 1947. British never directly ruled over Malwa. They made a treaty with the Phulkian rajahs. That is why Patiala, Nabha,Jind never went to war with the British.

Best Wishes and Sweet Dreams

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsbirk
    Ramandeep: this has been my point exactly. These people think and act like armchair generals. have any of them ever fought for the khalistan that they passionately seek?

Talking about water issues won't win me any Haryana Jat friends either but that is mostly due to Punjab and Haryana being neighbors and nothing to do with being Sikh or Hindu.

Chandhigahr was carved out of Punjab state & was promised by Rajiv Gandhi in his agreement with some Akali leaders. That was of course before the Khalistani militancy. How can anyone deny Chandhigarh was carved out of Punjab? I would not lose any sleep if Chandigarh stays a Union Terrirtory or if it went to Haryana as both Haryana and Punjab are still part of India.

That is not my intention.

Haryana was created out of Punjab. Therefore it does deserve water but water needs of Punjab must be addressed too in a fair way.

You are correct Chohan is not a Jat name. They are rajputs who in Punjab have become mixed with Jats. Jagjit Chohan is a coward. He gives speeches in England. He was afraid to go and fight for khalistan himself.

I agree with you that the average Pakistani who is following Taliban has nothing in common with Jats but many Pakistani Jats are not particularly religious (same as Sikh Jats). They share most of the same surnames as Sikh Jats. Other than religion they are basically the same.

The only difference between Pakistani Virks, Sikh Virks and Hindu Virks is religion. Religion, state, language should not be used to split Jats. A Jat is a Jat is a Jat. All other titles are secondary.
    Good to hear from you Mr Virk!

With regards to expat Jat Sikhs ... in the UK, I've witnessed 3 key types of Jat Sikh youths.

The first is the ankhy mona jat sikh. enjoys tandoori chicken & big macs and drinks. Is generally chilled out. Not vastly educated (with respect to Sikh history/Indian history and even less, Jat history), but will have pro-Jat views and mildly khalistani views - big fans of bhindrawala.

The second (least percentage-wise of three) group are also mona jat sikhs. These guys are even more chilled out. They wont be as right-wing in their views (some will be of East African origins). Will be the types that date gujarati girls, drink heavily, and be least observant of sikh principles. Are likely to cheer india on in the cricket, get drunk and start fights with whites (england) or pakistanis.
    (Personally 3 out of my 4 jat sikh friends fall into this category).

The third of this category - and I have to say,the types I get on least with - are the turbanned ones with long kesh/dharris. They'll be well-educated on sikhism,sikh history and will be bitterly anti-india. These are the ones that occupy all the university sikh society positions and have become the mouthpieces. What is really disturbing about these people is that they are quite anti-Jat in their views. They do not respond at all to notions that Jats are a separate race or identity. Some have even gone as far in sikh societies to promote Jat & non-Jat unions (romantically speaking). These are the types that will make hideous pieces of multimedia .... I dont know if you've seen it, but there's a DISGUSTLY,OFFENSIVE piece of home-made video footage going around on the internet of two singhs (1 jatt and 1 tharkaan) fighting over their kids dating. It is pathetic (they have a tharkaan knocking off a jat sikh's pugree in front of Guru Nanak Ji ... LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!!!).

This group will sprout crap like Bhindrawala was a better sikh leader than greats like Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. These guys wont stop at Bhindrawala, they're likely to be bigging up the whole crew - Sukhdev Babbar and co.

Anyways moving on ...

I think for the time being, Hindu Jaat & Sikh Jat unity is more important than forming relations with Pakistani Jats. As there is likely to be more interaction with the former. The relationship with the latter is greatly dependent on the relations between Indian and Pakistani governments.
    Hindu Jaats and Jat Sikhs have plenty of issues to be dealing with - namely the SYL fiasco.
    My personal view is that when Bangladesh/West Bengal/Orissa were flooded, Haryana and Punjab are bone dry and being made to fight for scraps.
    The problem lies with the Government's irrigation policy. But as long both respective leaders are happy to stuff their faces with paisa, why give a crap about the farmers and the increasing number of suicides? If there was a unity, it would become quite a force and it could unite - and make those brahmin/banias/lalas sitting in Delhi with their firangi mem sahib take note and think hard on their economic policies with regards to kissan lok. It suits the people in the centre that sikh jats and hindu jaats remain divided.

Remember what Chaudhary Devi Lal (chautala's pop) managed to do when VP Singh became Prime Minister. He united the Jats, Ahirs/Yadavs, Gujjars across UP, MP, Haryana etc and the congress got defeated in the centre.
    In the future, there is nothing to say Jat Sikhs and Hindu Jaats cant form alliance and mould the shape and thinking of the farming/kisaan/OBC movement.

Just my 2 cents ...

Ram Ram and Sat Sri kaal.

Login to view details.
    The third of this category - and I have to say,the types I get on least with - are the turbanned ones with long kesh/dharris. They'll be well-educated on sikhism,sikh history and will be bitterly anti-india. These are the ones that occupy all the university sikh society positions and have become the mouthpieces. What is really disturbing about these people is that they are quite anti-Jat in their views. They do not respond at all to notions that Jats are a separate race or identity. Some have even gone as far in sikh societies to promote Jat & non-Jat unions (romantically speaking). These are the types that will make hideous pieces of multimedia .... I dont know if you've seen it, but there's a DISGUSTLY,OFFENSIVE piece of home-made video footage going around on the internet of two singhs (1 jatt and 1 tharkaan) fighting over their kids dating. It is pathetic (they have a tharkaan knocking off a jat sikh's pugree in front of Guru Nanak Ji ... LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!!!).
    Ramandeep I would classify myself as either # 1 or 2 but with no khalistani leanings. I doubt many of those in your # 3 are even Jats. Most non-Jat Sikhs (Khatris,SAinis,Tharkans) try to use Sikhism to take cheapshots at Jats.

If you are in England than I feel sorry for you. England Sikhs are mostly from Doaba. Doaba is the poor region of Punjab and Jats from there are not as well off as us Malwa Jats or Majha Jats. You will find with UK Sikhs that they have large non-Jat populations which are very anti-jat. All in all these people are different from Sikhs anywhere else.

I have seen that video too. That is a cheapshot on Jats. I have made a retaliation video and will post it on a website shortly. You'll love the scene with woodpeckers (bird like animals) who play the role of Tharkans. The thing that offended me the most was how they were drinking alcohol in front of Guru Nanak sahib's picture. Knocking off someone's turban is a serious thing usually resulting in a fight and sometimes people kill each other over such things in India.

This group will sprout crap like Bhindrawala was a better sikh leader than greats like Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. These guys wont stop at Bhindrawala, they're likely to be bigging up the whole crew - Sukhdev Babbar and co.
    Bhinderwala was a Jat too. He was an extremist when it came to religion. My personal belief is that he was used by Congress and the khalistanis used his name after his death. What was his contribution to the world? Not a whole lot in my opinion.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was a Jat first and Sikh second. His kingdom was not a religious kingdom but it was secular. His best generals were French and Italian. Ranjit Singh was one of the few kings in India who was believed to be able to defeat the British. He won 1 war against them and his troops lost another after his death and a lot of doublecrossing. He made a mistake by making treaties with them while he was alive and could have had an all out war with them much earlier and perhaps defeated them.

Sukhdev Babbar is just another irrelevant terrorist. I have put many of them away with my own 2 hands. Nothing special. That movement is dead now. You only hear about it outside of India more often in England then elsewhere. Inside India and Punjab no one talks about such things anymore.

If there is any khalistanis in England then I ask them why they are sitting there and not in India fighting?

I think for the time being, Hindu Jaat & Sikh Jat unity is more important than forming relations with Pakistani Jats.
    I agree.

What is needed is a better national water policy but to do get that thing done there has to be unity amongst Kisans (all farmers) all across at least the North and Central parts of India in the form a strong Union. That is the only way it can work. Sir Chottu Ram is someone who tried to do something like this earlier.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by chhoraharyanada
    Good to hear from you Mr Virk!

With regards to expat Jat Sikhs ... in the UK, I've witnessed 3 key types of Jat Sikh youths.

The first is the ankhy mona jat sikh. enjoys tandoori chicken & big macs and drinks. Is generally chilled out. Not vastly educated (with respect to Sikh history/Indian history and even less, Jat history), but will have pro-Jat views and mildly khalistani views - big fans of bhindrawala.

The second (least percentage-wise of three) group are also mona jat sikhs. These guys are even more chilled out. They wont be as right-wing in their views (some will be of East African origins). Will be the types that date gujarati girls, drink heavily, and be least observant of sikh principles. Are likely to cheer india on in the cricket, get drunk and start fights with whites (england) or pakistanis.
    (Personally 3 out of my 4 jat sikh friends fall into this category).

Anyways moving on ...

I think for the time being, Hindu Jaat & Sikh Jat unity is more important than forming relations with Pakistani Jats. As there is likely to be more interaction with the former. The relationship with the latter is greatly dependent on the relations between Indian and Pakistani governments.
    Hindu Jaats and Jat Sikhs have plenty of issues to be dealing with - namely the SYL fiasco.
    My personal view is that when Bangladesh/West Bengal/Orissa were flooded, Haryana and Punjab are bone dry and being made to fight for scraps.
    The problem lies with the Government's irrigation policy. But as long both respective leaders are happy to stuff their faces with paisa, why give a crap about the farmers and the increasing number of suicides? If there was a unity, it would become quite a force and it could unite - and make those brahmin/banias/lalas sitting in Delhi with their firangi mem sahib take note and think hard on their economic policies with regards to kissan lok. It suits the people in the centre that sikh jats and hindu jaats remain divided.

Remember what Chaudhary Devi Lal (chautala's pop) managed to do when VP Singh became Prime Minister. He united the Jats, Ahirs/Yadavs, Gujjars across UP, MP, Haryana etc and the congress got defeated in the centre.
    In the future, there is nothing to say Jat Sikhs and Hindu Jaats cant form alliance and mould the shape and thinking of the farming/kisaan/OBC movement.

Just my 2 cents ...

Ram Ram and Sat Sri kaal.

Jus would like to point out the khalistanis in england are filled by jatt sikhs and know their jatt heritage as much as we do but they cant bring that in the open as that defeats what they claim to be standing up for " panthic " and then stand to loose the support of some of their regulars who arent jatt. Just imagine one of them talks about jatt pride, the minority will pack their bags and go as they seem to live in a dreamworld of equality and dream about marrying jattiz.

I have heard the video of the terkhan and jatt was made by a terkhan called randip singh to insult jatts. Damdami taksal are full of jatts as well as akj, have a look at their official posts virtually all are jatt sikhs. Having a round turban is enough to give the image that someone is a bhindrawala supporter. That couldnt be further from the truth nowdays, certain khalistani groups are anti bhindrawala but still push khalistan onto their forums for reasons only they know. the only thing that unites these minority khalistani groups is their goal of a independant state and thats not even clear cut as they cant even agree on religious views. Then there are the nihungs in the uk who also sport round blue turbans and look like khalistanis but are the opposite and say they are warriors of india for more info http://www.shastarvidiya.org/. My personal opinion is the khalistan mumbo jumbo is about lining pockets up and making gullible recruits to collect money and then leg it. lolll. quickest way to become a millionaire. if you look at some of these groups they make their money but make out they aint got a penny.

One guy i knew took amrit when he was 17 the taksali friends he went around with would rip him apart for being a jheer and these were mr singhs with blue round turbans, that led him to almost cut his hair off. On the verge of his depression he met singhs from another group who took him in and even then the poor guy had to form a love relationship outside the gursikhi rehet context in order to get himself married off as the majjority of the sikhs in his new group were malwai jatt.

the 3ho came to england some 12 years ago to form alliances with some of the sikh groups claiming to be anti punjabi culture and pro khalistani , they approached one of the senior panj pyarey ( five beloved) and asked him " we have a number of sikhs ( white) we would like to get married off are you willing to help us intermix with sikhs in your group"? the panj pyara of this group told the white sikhs " go and marry your own" lolllllllllllllllll.

some of the topmost sikh personalities still alive have blatently said its jatts who kicked it in jungs and the ghuligar amritdharis had to swallow their pride over it. theres enuff cases where the jattness just comes out but its kept gupat they dont wanna face that their jatt sikh in the open they wanna make out their against punjabi culture and anything associated to it as they wanna appear as the reformists to make more numbers but nobody wants to know with them 20 years on from 1984.

anyways a lot of jatts i know r also becomin radaswamis in the last 10 years or so. The khalistan agenda is not realistic at all when tallied to reality times have changed and i agree sikh jatts and hindu jatts need to unite. I would much rather socialise with a hindu jaat jatt than a sikh terkhan ghuligar.

Top it all off a clean shaven mona jatt sikh or hindu faces what he is and doesnt have no fear of saying what he believes, these mr singhs say one thing and mean another. their living in two worlds when you socialise with people you wanabi as straight with them as they are with you thats near enough impossible with these so called new hardcore sikhs. JATT PRIDE JINDABAAAAAD JATT SIKH AND HINDU HINDU AND SIKH JATTS LETS SORT OUR DIFFERENCES OUT AND BE ONE SAVA KHAP STYLI
    Last edited by TDhillon; October 25th, 2004 at 06:53 PM.

Login to view details.
    that post was by ramandeep how did choraharyana end up on that wooopz

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDhillon
    that post was by ramandeep how did choraharyana end up on that wooopz
    Same way TDhillon did on yours!
    :D

Anyways - good post. Interesting points.

Tell me more about Nihangs ..... not so much what they believe in (Dasam Granth, 24 avtars of Visnu etc) ..... but more, of what ethnic origins do they belong to?

Correct me if I am wrong - but I believe they are to be met with in great numbers in the state of Maharashtra?!

On hindu jaat - sikh jat unity ..... I agree with you 110%!!!

Sat Sri Akaal.

Login to view details.
    I am intersted to learn more about hindu jaats and sikhs in moghul times. I have read that hindu jaats were part of banda bahadurs army yet no sikh book has mentioned this yet historians on the subject have. This means our hindu jaat brothers have given kurbaniya and have not been recognised by the people writing up sikh history. what an injustice!. our brothers are insulted on the water issues by khalistanis and not even mentioned once in sikh history. Hindu jaat and sikhs before the british raj must have had some connection as punjab and haryana were close jaat country. Jaat customs at the time were very similar to sikh jatts. Some sikh gotras hail from haryana such as uppal.

from what i know the south indian nuhungs ones are local majbiz whilst if u look at the pics on the shastervidia site some of them look like tall broad athletic european looking too . I believe some of the dals are dominated by punjabi sikhs too like the tarna dal and haria vela dal whilst the budda dal is headed by a khattri. Some khetti vari only do it for 6 months then do chakarvyu ( nomadic life) for the rest of the 6 months with the nihung dals. The uk the majority of nihungs are pure anakhi jatts and have had major friction with khalistanis even though they look the same. If u click on the sarbloh site on the link section of shastervidia the khalistani groups have given death threats to the website owners but are yet to do anything lolll. the khalistani steam is long dead.

I rate the south indian nihungs more than most sgpc sikhs or any khalistani because they in spite being a tiny minority compared to muslims kicked against them when the muslims burned the nishan sahib down 2 years ago , the nihung and south indian sikhs kicked axx. Now thats something even the khalistani sikhs cudnt even do in the uk where muslims call the shots only twice their number while south indian sikhs barely number 10 000 compared to 140 million odd muslims spread over india. recently the sgpc have been vandalising walls of sikh temples in india that contain ancient murials of ram and krishna dating back to the gurus and maharaja ranjit singh reign, they dub walls with white paint as per their british raj nurtured victorian nature. The sgpc came to overtake a nihung gurdwara in south india recently and found themselves up against 300 nihungs with spears and axes, the sgpc had to leg it. Now thats south indian sikhs, what have terkhans given us disguised as panjabiz?

YARI JATT JAAAT THI FOREVER
    Last edited by TDhillon; October 25th, 2004 at 07:46 PM.

Dara Singh - Jat

Hi Ishwar Bhaisahab,
    "Es Baar to aapne sare point le liye !!
    Thats a very kind thing to say about my Dad,
    Col.(Dr.) Prem Singh Chaudhary (Retd.) Atleast someone remembers his good efforts.
    Three cheers !!

Quote Originally Posted by ishwar_lamba
    Satvir Ji,
    First of all, Jats are Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims
    Let me give some background of Dara Singh Ji.
    In 1980 (approx) Jat Samaj was started in Mumbai. Founding members where very smart people. We have cream of the community in Mumbai, successful in business, services in civil and armed forces.
    They said we do not mind working, but we need Leaders and the Money to run the samaj.
    One of founding members I know is Dr (Col) Prem Singh. They did not have people of high profile from their own stock in Mumbai. Dharmendra's family is Arya samaji. His mother helped to build the samaj. They started a annual cultural programme "Sitaron Ki Sham presented by Jat Samaj". .
    Because of these great souls, we do not have election problems. Now tell me what is harm
    Regards

-------------------------------------------
    Last edited by junnu; October 25th, 2004 at 08:03 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to junnu For This Useful Post:

vijaykajla1 (March 12th, 2012)

Junnu Jiji,
    I am very happy to contact you after so many years. Last month Praveen contacted me. I am happy to know you are settled in USA. Long back Late Capt Bhagwan Singh (IAS) told about you.
    Your mother and father are really great, I am very proud of them.
    Write on my email ishwar_lamba@hotmail.com, your Kanta aunty will be very happy.
    Sukhi Raho behenji
    regards
    Ishwar Lamba

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by junnu
    Hi Ishwar Bhaisahab,
    "Es Baar to aapne sare point le liye !!
    Thats a very kind thing to say about my Dad,
    Col.(Dr.) Prem Singh Chaudhary (Retd.) Atleast someone remembers his good efforts.
    Three cheers !!
    Understand = Under + Stand