Thread: 15th Feb- Birth Day Celebration of Fauji Mehar Singh

15th Feb- Birth Day Celebration of Fauji Mehar Singh

Dear all,

My Village is Barona. Shaheed Kavi Mehar Singh was from my village or I belong to the village of Mehar Singh. Shaheed Kavi Mehar Singh Samarak Samiti Barona was got registered about eight years back. Since then three major activities are being regularly done: 1) 15 Feb Is celebrated as a day in Memory of Mehar Singh and a Ragni Programme is done every year where 2000- 6000 people participate.2) A school children programme on 14 th November is organised every year.3) A Health Camp once in a year is organised in which retired doctors and working doctors of PGIMS Rohtak participate on voluntary basis and about 450 patients are seen in such a camp.4) A book of writings (Ragni’s )of Mehar Singh has been published by the Samiti. 5) A Statue of Mehar Singh has been installed in 2 acres land donated by the Panchayat of the village. Otherwise a health camp is being organised once in 2 months when I visit the village for meetings of Mehar Singh Samarak Samiti.

This year also on 15th Feb.2005 we are organising a ragni programme in Barona from 11.00AM.to 5.00PM. You all are invited for the same.

All these programmes are being done mostly through donation contributed by the people.
    Dr.R.S.Dahiya

Dear Dr. Dahiya,

Excellent. I being from Rajputana Rifles have heard a lot of Ragnis written by Shri Mehar Singh. If I am not wrong one "Saath rahaniyo sang ke saathi daya mere pe pher diyo, desh ke upar jaan jhonk di likh chithi mein ger diyo" was also written by him. It is a very touching Ragni.
    Wish you good luck for the program.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

He Was A Great Composer And A Singer

MY DEAR DR RANBIR SINGH JI,

I am a great admirer of this great man"Mehar singh". By the way i am from KIDHOLI-PAHLADPUR and had been visiting Barona very frequently as we have our DADA BISADHA there.However i must admit that MEHAR singh deserved much more than what we have done in his memory.I will make an endavour to meet you in person at Rohtak when i visit Our place.I will also join my little hands to strengthen his memory.

With warm regards

DEV
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Thumbs up Ver Nice

I really get tremendous pleasure out of RAGNIS(COMPETITION).
    Infact they are a great source of learning as well.

And shahid Jat Mehar Singh wrote very practical aspects of life in his RAGNIS.
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Thumbs up

Point no 3 is true service towards mankind and our community.

Regards

[QUOTE=dahiyars]Dear all,
    3) A Health Camp once in a year is organised in which retired doctors and working doctors of PGIMS Rohtak participate on voluntary basis and about 450 patients are seen in such a camp.

Dear Dr Dahiya,
    Thanks for sharing the information. I have been to Barona few times, did not know Fauji Mehar Singh Connection. Batane ke liye dhanyawad.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."