Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nepal n Jats

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Dhaka is named after Dhaka Jats. Many of the tribes that region are racially and got wise similar to Jats. Dakshin me upto Maharashtra, though they are not exactly similar to Jats racially but their clan names like Pawar, Khot, Antule (Antil), Khare (Khar) etc. similar to Jats. They are a mixed race.
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 11th, 2006 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    Dhaka is named after Dhaka Jats. Many of the tribes that region are racially and got wise similar to Jats. Dakshin me upto Maharashtra, though they are not exactly similar to Jats racially but their clan names like Pawar, Khot, Antule (Antil), Khare (Khar) etc. similar to Jats. They are a mixed race.
    Some members have been talking of consolidation of Jats. I thinks thats the minimum area we have to cover.

And what could be the basis / bottomline of this consolidation such that it outwieghs all the various differences that exist amongst various Jats over the entire Indian sub-continent ?
    - In the ordinary course of nature thousands upon thousands are born every day, but he alone is truly born whose birth leads to the elevation of his race.

Consolidation of jats

Qutoe..

Some members have been talking of consolidation of Jats. I thinks thats the
    minimum area we have to cover......

Why it should be up to Dhaka and not up to Sistan.

As soon as yuo are free from muslim topics , please throw some light on this also.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb
    Qutoe..

Some members have been talking of consolidation of Jats. I thinks thats the
    minimum area we have to cover......

Why it should be up to Dhaka and not up to Sistan.

As soon as yuo are free from muslim topics , please throw some light on this also.
    this area used to be known as "aryan vaejo" means the beej, the seed of aryan. the area from ganges to indus. time came n passed by. invaders/rulers came n passed by. politics came n passed by. but still n still the area is still known as Jats n Jats only. for thousands of years!!!!!

language

i dont know much about history but i have observed there are some words common in haryanvi and nepali language e.g.

namak = nuun

garam = tata

jeb(pocket) = gojh

there are few more i cant recall now
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

Login to view details.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    Common names of Jats I heard were Nepal Singh Chauhan, Bhopal Singh etc. One Neples kingdom is mentioned in europe in medieval history. Nepal is only Hindu/Sindhu Rashtra in the world. Budhism started from it or nearby. Pala Jats were pushed to east n were found to be ruling in or near nepal. Samudra Guptas (Jats) mother was lichhavi gotra perhaps from nepal. Budhas most favourite disciple (Anand) was from nepal.

not only Nepal but many himalayan kingdoms were founded by Jats. It prooves itself that why republicanism flourished in North West India nad the foothills of Himalayas. Why Dhankhar Budhist monarchy is there? Why Man (Mann Jats) sarovar is there. Why Tibet (after tewatia Jats) is there.

Keep a watch on it Jats!

I strongly feel that some Jat diplomat should be sent to Nepal to resolve its issues.

tewatia ji and all other mambers
    i have read a lot of article on jat histotry er sabka nichod yo hai ki
    1 napali bi jat
    2 maratha bi jat
    3 rajput bhi jat
    4 blooch bi jat
    5 khan(pathan)bi jat
    6 tibbeti bi jat

jib sabi jat hain to hum apne pae itna garv kuon kareen sein
    err inhin te compere kyon karein hain,jab saare indian ,pak, napli, bhoplai,tibbetti, afghani apne he jat hain to main to ye khoon k jat te hamesha gulam rahe kyonki ye saara area to gulam hi raha kisi na kisi ka

Well Brave jats for your kind information NEPAL WAS NEVER BEEN RULED by anyother countries.

Dear Sir I am Rana(Kunwar) of Nepal. i was looking for my origins in the net and i found this site. well i tried to focus about the jats in Nepal but that time no one gave any attention to my quote. i know much about Nepali history so we can discuss about it.

'JAI MA KALI....AAYO GORKHALI'

Login to view details.
    Yes, Ujjwal ji You are most welcome.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 14th, 2006 at 03:54 PM.

Login to view details.
    The earliest migration of Jats from North West India to East was along the foothills of Himalayas. Thats why we find republicanism flourishing in North-West India and the foot hills of Nepal. Modern Nepali population is a mixture of Aryan and Mongol races. Where earliest Aryan in Nepal were Jats, who entered from west Nepal.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 18th, 2006 at 11:31 AM.

jats in nepal

the people with rana, shah, malla, thakuri, chand, sen, singh, chauhan, rathor etc surname call themselves rajput and besides that thapa, pade(not bihari pande), basnyat, bista, karki etc they also are high class chhetriya but not rajputs so probably they are jats.

Jai Kali

Login to view details.
    I know at least malla are described by Budha "Hey Anand, jub tuck ye Mall republic ke log apni ladne ki aadten nahin chhodte...."

I hope Rajputs were not born in Budhhas time. Rajputs all over the world are hardly 1000 years old. And all of them all over the world claim to be from Rajasthan. But incidentally till today Jat is a single largest community in Rajasthan. I've never seen any Rajput practicing Budhism. But Nepal once upon a time was the root centre of Budhism.

Login to view details.
    yes Bista can be a Jat. One Neples order is mentioned in European history. Nepal like Dhaka, Bengal, Gangtok etc. is of Jat origin name. What you feel about Kath Mandu?

Login to view details.
    Burebista

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Burebista, the greatest king of Dacia, ruled between 70 BC and 44 BC.

Dacian Kingdom, during the rule of Burebista, 82 BC

He unified the Thracian population from the Hercinica river (today's Moravia) in the west, to the Bug in the east and from Northern Carpathians to Dionysopolis, choosing his capital (called Argedava or Sargedava) near Costeşti, now in South-Western Romania (the Orăştie hills - see Dacian Fortresses of the Orăştie Mountains).
    The real name of Burebista was lost, but his fame was evoked by the Greek writers, known under the name of Byrebistas.
    The spiritual center was called Kogaion (or Kagaion, the holy mountain) by Strabo, and is thought to be localized somewhere in the Bucegi mountains. According to Jordanes, in his Getica [1], the greatest priest and adviser of Burebista was Dicineus (Deceneus), who held "almost royal powers" and taught the Dacians the "belagines laws", ethics and sciences, including physics and astronomy.
    On the south of Danube, the proconsul of the province of Macedonia, the general Varro Lucullus, during the second Mithridatic War (74 BC72 BC) occupied the Greek cities on the west coast of the Black Sea from Apollonia to the Danube Delta. The Greek inhabitants of the conquered cities asked Burebista for help and the Roman army of Gaius Antonius Hybrida was defeated near Histria. The Greek cities of Tomis, Callatis, Dionysopolis and Apollonia then agreed to become part of Burebista's kingdom.
    Burebista continued his incursion in the region, conquering the Celtic Aliobrix (Cartal, southern Bessarabia, now part of Ukraine), Tyras and Odessos.
    In 48 BC, Burebista interfered with the internal Roman dispute between Julius Caesar and Pompey, choosing the latter as an ally. Three years later, Caesar defeated his adversary and planned on sending legions to punish Burebista, but on March 15, 44 BC before the decisive battle, Caesar was assassinated in the Senate.
    Soon after, in the same year, Burebista also died - assassinated

Kathmandu

Nepalese history says Kathmandu was named after Kastha-Mandap ("temple of wood" in Sanskrit, which is located nearby Hanumandhoka Durbar) after a pagoda carved from the single tree by the order of king Lakshmi Narshingha Malla in 1596. Before that it used to be called as Kantipur.

Jai Kali

Jats kingdoms in Nepal

Jats kingdoms in Nepal

Mauryan Empire
    By 250 BCE, the region came under the influence of the Mauryan Empire who were the Maurya Jats of northern India.

Gupta Empire
    It later became a puppet state under the Gupta Empire in the 4th century CE. According to historians KP Jayaswal and Bhim Singh Dahiya the Guptas were Dharan gotra Jats. From the late 5th century CE, rulers called the Licchavis governed the area. The Lichhavi Dynasty went into decline in the late 8th century.

Lichhavi Dynasty

The Lichhavi Period is the first documented period in the history of Nepal. The Lichhavi, having lost their political fortune in India, came to Nepal and attacked and defeated the last Kirati king, Gasti. Lichhavi Dynasty (I to 340 AD)’’’ was a Jat dynasty according to historian Ram Swarup Joon. Dr. K. P. Jaiswal has mentioned, on the basis of some stone tablets unearthed earlier, and with reference to the Puranas that Patliputra and Magadha were the capitals of Lichhavi Bharshiva Jats. According to a rock edict of Raja Jai Dev, found in Nepal, his ancestors had ruled on Patliputra in the first century AD, for 100 years after having come from the Punjab. The Lichhavi Dynasty originated in Peshawar. They ascended and relinquished the throne of Magadh many a time.

In 344 AD, Chandragupta, who was married into this dynasty, changed the name of the dynasty to Gupta. It is a classical period of Nepal history and is very well documented by epigraphic records. Stone water spouts and the icons of gods and goddesses are abundant.

The Lichhavis gave Nepal its first great historical figure, Manadeve I, in the 5th century. He was said to be a talented and brave king, responsible for conquests in the east and west. He struck copper coins and started the numismatic history of Nepal.

Thakuri Dynasty

In 602 AD, the first Thakuri dynasty began with the ascent of Amsuverma. Though he was not a Lichhavi, he married a daughter of the Lichhavi king, Shivadeva. He impressed his father-in-law and became de facto ruler. He was an able, true servant of the people. He was a far-sighted king in the aspect of making family connections making him a great diplomat. Amsuverma married his sister to an Indian prince. According to Thakur Deshraj, Thakuri people were Jats. Thakur Deshraj mentins in Jat history that when Mahmud Gazanavi attacked Chittorgarh , Jat rulers around Chittor moved from here to other places. W. Crook in his book ‘Tribes and Castes of North west provinces’ has mentioned that Dashand Singh was a ruler of Bijnore. After seize of Chittor by Muhamad Gori out of two persons of this Royal clan one moved to Nepal and other to Bijnore. It shows that those who went to Nepal were Thakuri and those at Bijnore were Thakurela.

References

Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats, Rohtak, India (1938, 1967)

Bhim Singh Dahiya : Jats the Ancient Rulers, Dahinam Publishers, Sonepat, Haryana

Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934, 2nd edition 1992.
    Laxman Burdak