Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cities founded by jats

Great Information

DEAR BURDAK JEE,

GREAT piece of informaton this...........please tell more about it. thanx a ton

REGARDS
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

more cities founded by jats

dear all,
    Barak ji thanks,i would like to add some information about hansi. even today it is known as asi by the locals.we do not come across any specific date ,when this town came into being.but it is for sure that it was much earlier than 11th cenutry.we do come across some references about this town being taken over by muslim invaders around that time.we also learn that the fort of hansi was known as virgin fort and no body could capture it . before 11th century.now also we can see the fort in north of town in ruins.it is at great height.we also learn that it was ruled by pirthvi raj chouhan and rajia begum.there is a canal which is in north of town and suppose to be the work of firoj shah tuglak when he established the town of hisar in 14th century.many idols belonging to jainism and hindu isms have been found in recent times in the fort.
    the town of hansi was the capital of haryana in olden times.and the boundary of haryana was from south of satluj,present haryana,and western up.after the mughals established in delhi, it fell in the hands of mughals and remain so till begining of 19th century, when it was take over by george thomas.he remained there till britishers took over from him in1803 under the command of col. skinner .skinner's horse was also raised here.there is some property owened by skinners even today.it was the largest center for cotton ginning before partition .
    Last edited by rajendersingh; January 17th, 2005 at 02:13 PM.

Thumbs up good job

Laxman ji,

You are really doing a good job.
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Very Nice Work
    Here I want to add one more Name
    Jind (Haryana)- Sindhu Gotra rulled this.
    How I came to know about it?

One day i was waiting for a bus at 8 P.M. Than one young boy stopped tata sumo and gave lift to me. while discussion with him He told me that He is the son of last raja of Jind

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by lr_burdak
    Hansi(Haryana):- Founded by Asa Ram Jat. It was earlier called Asi which became Hansi.
    Nagaur (Rajasthan) :- Founded by Naga Gotra jats.

Parihara (Rajasthan) :- Founded by Parihar Jats.

Bhatinda (Punjab):- Founded by Bhati Jats.

Bhatner (Punjab) :- Founded by Bhati Jats.

Ranthambore(Rajasthan) :- Founded by Ran Mal Jat. He Founded this place by putting a stambh (pillar) at the lacation of present Ranthambore. The area around Ranthambore was ruled by jats much before Prithvi Raj chauhan.
    Bhadra (Rajasthan) :- Founded by Bhadu Gotra Jats. Bhadus had ruled in this area of Rajasthan.
    Jind (Haryana) :- Founded by descendants of FOOL Jat.

Kaithal (Haryana) :- Founded by descendants of Desu Singh Jat.

Shalasar (Rajasthan) :- A place of religious importance in Churu district was discovered by one Jat of village Asota.
    Bijarnia (Rajasthan) :- A village in Sikar district in rajasthan. Bijarnia gotra jats had ruled over part of Rajasthan. They had Founded a village named Bijarnia.They had war with Althmus and rebelled against Mugals. Unani historians write them Vijayrania.
    Thathawata (Rajasthan) :- My own village Thathawata was Founded by one Bhadia gotra jat named Thatha. It was Founded about 800 years back.

Regards,
    RAM RAM,

Do you, or anybody else have any information on:

i. Bulandsher (UP)?
    ii. Alwar (Rajasthan)?

For my own knowledge in relation to some debate I'm having with a rajput elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Regards and RAM RAM.

About Alwar

Alwar

The royal ambience still pervades the city, marked by a number of structures of historical significance. Lakes and valleys thickly wooded in parts, have made this area the haunt of animals and birds. Rich in wildlife, Alwar has one of the finest sanctuaries in Rajasthan.
    Alwar, amongst the Rajput principalities was closest to imperial Delhi, influencing the people and history of the region, formerly known as Mewat. The people of Alwar never submitted to alien rule and often rebelled as they had developed a hardy, but carefree attitude to life. During the 12th and 13th centuries, they often acted as adventurers and marauders and used to raid Delhi at night. The western gates of the capital had to be completely shut every evening to bar them from entering. Sultan Balban (1267-1287) finally crushed their disorganised resistance and as a result they came under Muslim rule. In 1771, Maharaja Pratap Singh won back Alwar and founded a principality of his own.
    Laxman Burdak

Login to view details.

feedback by aloknandal

thak you so much for providing this information .it`s awesome.there`s so much to learn about jats on this website.it`s a good platform where we can communicte with each other no matter which part of world we are in

Laxman Burdak ji, You have provided usful information, Thank's. can you give me details of minhas gotra

Laxman Burdak ji, You have provided usful information, Thank's. can you give me details of minhas gotra. History and fact.

thanx

laxmanji thanks
    informations provided by u do doubt amazing and very useful for jat community. i knew about fewer cities but ur facts are great.these facts are more useful people like us i mean journalists.
    tahnks once again
    jyanni
    ZEE NEWS , DELHI

Quote Originally Posted by minhassukhdev
    Laxman Burdak ji, You have provided usful information, Thank's. can you give me details of minhas gotra. History and fact.
    Sukdev ji,

Minhas surname is very common in US. It is used by both Hindus and Muslims.
    In India it is more common in Punjab. You know that our Jat Gotras are not having recorded history. We have to try to find out the roots.

The search on http://reunite.myfamily.com
    Shows that there are 1219 people in US with Minhas surname.

Search of www.ancestry.com
    Shows that there are 647 people in US with Minhas surname. This site also explains about surnames. So you can try and find out.

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

cities founded by jats

Dear Burdak Ji ram ram,
    I am from bhadra (Dist- Hanumangargh). as u know bhatner is the old name for hanumangargh, it is located in rajasthan and not in punjab as mentioned by u. secondly bhadra was ruled by godaras and not by bhadus as mentioned in your thread. rest of the information provided by u is excellent. sorry for the corrections. thanking u.

vinod dhatrawal

Thank you Vinodji,

Welcome to the Jatland. The objective of the article was to correct the mistakes of history. This is the only way we can correct. Keep it up !!!

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Unhappy cities founded by jats

Quote Originally Posted by chhoraharyanada
    RAM RAM,

Do you, or anybody else have any information on:

i. Bulandsher (UP)?
    ii. Alwar (Rajasthan)?

For my own knowledge in relation to some debate I'm having with a rajput elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Regards and RAM RAM.

dear ramandeep ji,

i would like add/correct that bhatner is not in punjab as mentioned by u it is in rajasthan. bhadra was ruled by godaras and not by bhadus as mentioned by u.

keep it up.

ram ram.

vinod dhatrawal

Vinodji Thanks for additional information. The facts about Bhadra founded by Bhadu jats are from Jat-Itihas by Dr. Natthan Singh. It might be Bhdus moved else where and Godaras ruled later on.
    Can you provide information about history of Hanumangarh town ?
    Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

cities founded by jats

Dear Laxman Ji,
    Thanks for your comments and valuable information provided by u on this site dedicated to the jat samaj. I will try to gather as much data on Bhadra as possible as and when I visit Bhadra next time (sometime in june). Presently I am living in Delhi.

Ram Ram.

Vinod
    Last edited by VinodDhatrawal; April 27th, 2005 at 05:55 PM. Reason: gramatical mistake

Places linked to Kharub Gotra

There is a village in Palestine named on Kharub Gotra and also a city named Kharub in Tibet.
    The city named Kharub in Tibet is of a major historical significance, It is known as Kharub site in Chab - mdo

A small town named Kharub is also in Israel.
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Cities formed by Jats

Namaskar to all.

Jats were ruling Arabia at the time of Chandragupt Maurya. They occupied good positions and were engaged in all professions right upto the advent of islam.
    In fact Kaaba was a Shiv temple where annual Vedic Shatrarth used to be held.

Details on www.swordoftruth.com
    www.atributetohinduism.com

Could somebody give the address of Dahinam publishers, Sonipat.
    They have published some very important books by Sh BS Dahiya like

Jats : The ancient Rulers.
    History of Hindustan.

Plsend a private mail through the forum, if possible.

Dhanyawad.

Burdakji you are doiung a great job.
    thanks for valuable info on Jats.
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर β€˜साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

Login to view details.

Why not to try over the world!!!

Ijjesselmeir is a city/place in the County of Jutland in Europe it sounds so similar to Jaiselmer in Rajasthan. Similarly other cities n place there is More(s) comparable with More jats. Arrhus is also a place there.

See Hungary and Balgaria after Henga and Bal(yan) Jats. Eng(land) Eng/angal jats.

Capital of Moracco Rabat is similar to Rawat?

Egypt's capital Cairo and village of Pratap Singh Cairon.

Purushkhanda in Cappadocia in the west of Caspian sea is similar to Purushpur/Peshawar in Afganistan. Plz see my thread "Roots of Jats in the World"

India itself is named after Sandhu/Sindhu jats. How? Because they named the Sindhu (Indus) River after them n ultimately due the name of this river Present land came to be called Hindustan by Arabs and India (after Indus river) by greeks.

See China its ancient name is Yue-chi-um which is pronounced as Guttium is again after Yue-chi (pronounced as Gutti) i.e. Jats.

Iran is after Aryan and same is Iraq/Irak (Aryak). Flight of afganistan till today is Aryana.

River Kuru(sh) is there in west of Caspian sea (plz ref my thread "Roots of Jats in the World). and an area called Kaurupedian (like land of Kurus) in the west of Iraq.

Seoul is capital of Korea. My mother's village is exactly same at Palwal.

Saw a village of Meenas in Rajasthan "Bonn" similar to Germany's capital.

Bavaria place in Germany look to be Indian name we have here Bavaria Jats and Thakurs also.

Perhaps, Rkji told that Tomar is a big town in Portugal or spain.

Russia resembling Ross/Rose jats.

See the changing names of Caspian sea. Its known as Dadhi Sagar in old Indian literature meaning the Sea of Dahi(ya) jats. Modern dahestan is near caspian sea. Later when Mand jats were in power it was called (Dahi-Mandod). Later when Virk and Gill jats came in power over there it was known as Gillan sea and also the sea of Varkam hyrcanian. And later when Gujar tribe of Jats (modern Bad-Gujjar jats are found in Palwal) was in power it was called "Bahr-al-Khaz" meaning the sea of Gujjars by the Arabians.

And if you see the ancient map of Central and West Asia and Europe then almost each and every city/place can be traced to modern Jat clans in India and Pakistan.

Yes, In india we've forgotten Ballabgarh founded by Raja Balram Singh of Tewatia goth around 1760 AD or so. Chittore was Jittore and Jattore as mentioned by Albaruni. Banswara resembles Bains, Jalore to Jal and Sirohi to Sirohi Jats. Alwar can be compared with a Jat king De-Alwaro near Romania.
    Last edited by sktewatia; February 4th, 2006 at 09:25 PM.