Also see Daultabad - Sikar disrict (Rajasthan).
Daultabad (दौलताबाद) is a village in Gurgaon district in Haryana just 3 km away from Gurgaon City Center and it is one among the biggest villages of Gurgaon district. It is a historical village, founded in around c.1191 A D by Chaudhary Daulat Singh of Janghu gotra of JAT clan.
The history of forming Daultabad is also very interesting when Chaudhary Daulta Singh's wife asked her brother in law Chaudhary Bakhtawar Singh (the younger brother of Daulat Singh) to move his cart little away as there was a bit chaos. He suddenly got angry at this and left them behind in Daulatabd and founded a new village i.e. "BAKTAWARPUR" in Western Delhi. Then Daulat Singh stayed here and laid the foundation of village Daulatabad.
Main occupation of the villagers in the past was agriculture. People are very hard working and put in their best efforts to earn more out of their labour to get richer.
Many well educated persons are serving in various Government services/departments and also in private sector on responsible posts.
People are very broad minded in this village and education and sports standard are also very high.
Youngsters of Daultabad are now working hard in foreign countries of Europe and other countries like UK,US,Belgium,Canada etc.
Many a person are earning money in real estate business also these days.
- Major Kanwal Singh was first commissioned officer from village in army and then his son Brig. Randhir Singh following family culture.
- Sh .Ram Kishan retired as Superintendent of Police and now serving peoples socially.
- Sh. Navrattan Singh Gandas got 23rd rank in Civil Services and was selected for IFS and served in UK embassy as secretary for 3 years.
- Chaudhary Tara Chand is working as Manager(Excise) in Hero Honda Motors Ltd.
- Brig. Ishwar Singh and his son are serving in Indian army.
- Sh Rakesh Janghu, president of Privartan Sangh is a Social worker and is motivating people for SECOND REVOLUTION.
- Prashant Janghu is working as Asst, Manager marketing with world's 3rd largest steel manufacturing foreign company.
--Back to Jat villages
Dulatabad in Bulandshahr
Back to Jat Villages