Jaglan (जगलान)/Jaglan (जागलान)/(जागलाण) Jaglana (जगलाना) Jagla (जगला) Jangal (जांगल) Jaglen (जगलेन) Jaglain (जगलैन) Jaglaranya (जगलारण्य) Juglan (जुगलान) Juglaan (जुगलान) Jaglen (जागलेन) Jaglain (जागलैन) is gotra of Jats. They are found in Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. Jangal (जंगल) is also a Gujar clan found in Amritsar. .
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Sub divisions of Chauhan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Punjab
- 8 Books on History of Jaglan Gotra
- 9 Notable persons
- 10 See also
- 11 References
They have originated from Jangala (जाङ्गल) people of the Mahabharata period. Other sources tell that Jaglan gotra started after place called Jagayadra (जगयाद्र). Their ancestor was named Jagga which gave the name to this gotra. 
भयाण एवं जागलान जाट गोत्रों वत्स जाट गोत्र की शाखा चौहान जाटों के वंशज हैं। वत्स गोत्र के जाट वीरों का राज्य महाभारत काल में था और महाभारत युद्ध के बाद इनका राज्य भटिण्डा (पंजाब) क्षेत्र पर रहा, जिनका राजा उदयन था। इसी वत्स जाट गोत्र की शाखा चौहान जाट हैं। सातवीं शताब्दी में राजपूत संघ स्थापित होने पर जो चौहान जाट उसमें मिल गये वे चौहान राजपूत कहलाने लगे और जो उस संघ में न मिले वे चौहान जाट ही कहलाते रहे जो आज भी कई प्रांतों में विद्यमान हैं। इसी चौहान जाट गोत्र के दो प्रसिद्ध वीर भैया व जग्गा नामक हुए। उनकी प्रसिद्धि के कारण चौहान जाटों का एक संघ, भैया से भयाण तथा दूसरा संघ जग्गा से जागलान शाखा गोत्र प्रचलित हुए।
Bhim Singh Dahiya writes that this clan is named as Jāngala in the Vayu Purana, alongwith Bodhas and Bhadhrakars.  Matsya Purana says that the river Indus flowed through the country of Jāngalas. Mahabharata also mentions them. 
Local tradition says that there was a Rajasthani Jat with 'Chauhan' surname. He migrated to southern Haryana region few hundred years ago. He had two sons - Bhaina and Jugaa. Off springs of Bhaina came to be known as 'Bhayan' and Off springs of Jugga came to be known as 'Jaglan'. Given their same roots, Hindu Jats of Jaglan, Bhayan do not intermarry.
- "A similar phenomenon of a tribal feud in which even aliens range themselves under one faction or another has not altogether disappeared in the Rohtak and Delhi [P.12] districts, where the country-side is divided into two factions - Dahiya and Ahulanas: "the Gujars and Tagas of the tract, the Jaglan Jats of thapa Naultha, and the Latmar Jats of Rohtak joining the Dahiyas, and the Huda Jats of Rohtak . . . joining the Ahulanas." [P.13]
H.A. Rose writes that Jaglan (जगलान), a tribe of Jats, found in Karnal. They are descended from Jagla, a Jat of Jaipur, whose shrine at Israna is worshipped by the whole thapa or group of 12 Jaglan villages which forms the barah of Naultha. Their ancestor is also worshipped at the village shrine called deh, which is always surrounded by kaim trees, and if a woman who has married into a Jaglan family, passes a kaimn tree (Stephegyne parvifolia), she always veils her face as if it were her older relative of her husband. In Jind the Jaglan are described as descendants of Jaga, founder of Jaglan in Hissar.
Sub divisions of Chauhan
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Chauhan when they gained political ascendancy. The Jaglan clan supported the ascendant clan Chauhan and become part of a political confederacy.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Jaipur district
Jangal (जांगल) Jats live in villages: Chakwada Chauru (1),
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Churu district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Panipat district
Villages in Kaithal district
Villages in Jind district
Villages in Hisar district
Villages in Karnal district
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Muzzafarnagar District
Villages in Meerut District
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
Books on History of Jaglan Gotra
For further details Please contact :
Hon Mahendra Singh Jaglan , Jind, Haryana (9255443803) Saurabh Jaglan , Delhi (9971569769)
- Prof. Vimlesh Choudhary Juglaan - Professor Higher Education, Date of Birth : 11-June-1959, Home District : Hanumangarh, Permanent Address : 12/32, Chopasni Housing Board, Jodhpur, Present Address : C-22, Vrindawan Marg, Shyam Nagar, Jaipur, TEL.NO.-0141- 5142051, Phone: 0141-2296836, Mob: +91- 9414035599
- Saurabh Jaglan - Assistant Manager - Projects Planning , Delhi Integrated Multimodal transit systems Limited. Previously :IT Operations,Presales,Business Analysis ; Education Sector :- Member of International Advisory comittee -GB Gvt University ,Social Sector : RTI Activist, Social worker,Member of Different NGO's and Societies ,Managing Jaglan Contacts World wide. Basically from : Naultha, Panipat,Haryana. Permanent Address:B-40,Nanda Road,Sarai Ext,Adarsh nagar,Delhi-33 Gmail : jaglan.saurabh ymail: jaglan , Skype: jaglan.saurabh ,Phone: +91-9971569769
- Sh Ram Sarup Jaglan [1915 - 2014 ]-Retd Army Personaal & Freedom fighter ,He is entitled as title of "Eyes of Second world war". Fought-II world war,1948 Indo Pak-Kashmir war. Address: VPO - Naultha, Panipat.
- Sh Balbeer Singh Jaglan - S/o Sh Ram Sarup Jaglan, Retd AGM, Indian Posts, Indraprastha Head Office, Delhi. Also Advisor,JVP- Delhi. Basically from VPO - Naultha, Panipat. Address : B-40, Nanda Road, Sarai ext, Adarsh Nagar, Delhi-33 Mob : +91 9971569769
- Prof Ram Singh Jaglan - Professor Delhi University and Economist cum Advisor - indian Economy Board. Basically from Brahman Majra, VPO - Naultha, Panipat. Address : Economics Deptt, Delhi University.
- Dr M.S Jaglan - Geography Professor ,Kurukshetra University. Basically from Kaithal.
- Dr. R S Jaglan - VC, Hisar University. Basically from Naultha, Panipat. Address : Registrar, Hisar University, Haryana
- Smt Ramrati Jaglan - Politician(Haryana), Address: Israna, Panipat.
- Dr Sandeep Jaglan -(NRI) MD,Specialist Doctor - Nephrology ,USA, Address:8905 West Lincoln Avenue Suite 501 Milwaukee, WI 53227,USA Phone: (414) 978-2229 Basically from Address: Naultha, Panipat.
- Dr Amarjeet Jaglan -(NRI) MD,Specialist Doctor - Gynecologist ,USA, Address:8905 West Lincoln Avenue Suite 501 Milwaukee, NC (USA) Ph :(414) 978-2229 Basically from Address: Naultha, Panipat.
- Hon. Mr RAM SINGH JAGLAN -(NRI) ,Retd S.H.O-Chanyankya puri PS(1970's) X-Head,Jat Organisation-America Address :KALAMAZOO ,MI(USA), Ph : (269) 388-5363 Basically from Village Naultha, Rajan Panna, Panipat
- Major Sayid Muhammad Jaglan - A Muslim jat(Hazara jat tribe) army officer of Afghanistan army 1990 , famous for his bravery actions , planning and strategies against USSR. [ Ref Book : Islam and Resistance in Afghanistan][Ref : http://www.hazara.co.uk/hazara.php]
- Shubham Jaglan - is an Indian amateur golfer who is the winner of the Junior World Golf Championships in 2015. Jaglan is also World Record holder, 9 under in Classic Junior Open, 2012 and is recipient of the "NDTV – Emerging Player" and "Margdarshan" awards. Shubham has won over 100 domestic and international tournaments.
- Juglan (जगलान) - A Village in Hisar district of Haryana, under Hisar Tehsil.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ज-4
- Dr Pema Ram:Rajasthan Ke Jaton Ka Itihas, p.301
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. 64
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.239, s.n.93
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.353
- Book : Islam and Resistance in Afghanistan , http://books.google.co.in/books?id=m3OfC1ZRq38C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p.245
- XLV, 109, 110
- Bhim Singh Dahiya, Jats the Ancient Rulers ( A clan study), p. 282
- अत ऊर्ध्वं जनपथान निबॊध गथतॊ मम । तत्रेमे कुरुपाञ्चालाः शाल्व माद्रेय जाङ्गलाः ।। Mahabharata (6.10.37)
- History of the Jats:Dr Kanungo/Origin and Early History,p.12-13
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.339
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.375-76
- History and study of the Jats. B.S Dhillon. p.127
Back to Jat Gotras