- For village see Kajla Hisar
Kajla (काजला) Kajala (काजला) Kaajla (काजला) Kanjla (कांजला) is a gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana. They are also found in Dera Ghazi Khan District in Pakistan.  Kajla are found in Northern Bar in the Gujranwala district, Pakistan.
- 1 History
- 2 Villages founded by Kajla clan
- 3 Sub divisions of Saroya
- 4 Distribution in Ratasthan
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Punjab
- 7 Distribution in Pakistan
- 8 Notable persons of this gotra
- 9 External Links
- 10 References
Ram Swarup Joon writes about Saran, Randhawa, Kajla: The Saran gotra is a branch of Bhatti gotra and the Saran Jats are associated with the royal dynasty of Jaisalmer. Their capital was in Bikaner State, which was later occupied by the Rathors. The Sarans live in this area even today.
In the history of this gotra there have been two famous men named Kajal Singh and his son Randhir Singh. Kajal Singh is the forefather of the Kajala gotra of the Jats who mostly live in Bikaner and Haryana.
History of the Jats, End of Page-99
Randhir Singh founded the village of Jhandiala in 1580 in the Punjab and his descendants are called Randhawa. His grandson Targha adopted the Sikh religion and while serving as Jathedar in Patiala misl ruled over Targha Pargana.
Villages founded by Kajla clan
Sub divisions of Saroya
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Saroya when they gained political ascendancy. The Kajla clan supported the ascendant clan Saroya and became part of a political confederacy.
Distribution in Ratasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Bikaner district
Locations in Jaipur city
Bapu Nagar, Bajaj Nagar, Durgapura, Murlipura Scheme,
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Jhajjar district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Firozpur district
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
Villages in Kapurthala district
Villages in Nawanshahr district
Villages in Rupnagar district
Villages in Sangrur district
Distribution in Pakistan
According to 1911 census the Kajla were the principal Muslim Jat clan:
- Dera Ghazi Khan District - Kajla (558)
Notable persons of this gotra
- Lal Chand Kajla - Successful physician and the first Jat MBBS from Haryana
- Dr. G. D. Singh - Ex Dean and Dir., Extension Education, Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner. Village - Jerthi, Kudan, Sikar.
- Dr. Shiv Prasad Singh Kajla - RAS Rajasthan, 143,Pratap Nagar Ext., opposite RN Public School, Vaidji Ka Chouraha, Murlipura Scheme, Jaipur, Mob : 9929956099, Mob: 9414323899, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Mahadev Singh Khandela (Kajla) - Ex. State Central Minister.
- Vimal Kumar Kajla - GM K.K. Electro. Trade , Date of Birth : 25-February-1972, Present Address : 203, Mahaveer Nagar Ii, Maharini Farm Durgapura Jaipur, Phone: 0141-2761837, Mob: 9414047268
- Dr.R.K.Kajla - Associate Professor Surgery,SPMC Bikaner
- Karan Singh Kajla - ACF,
- Indraj Singh Kajla - RAS, SDM Nawa Nagaur.
- Mukesh Kajla (Dr): DANICS 2016 Batch, From Sikar, Rajasthan, M: 95718 11939
- Ram Swarup Joon : History of the Jats, Rohtak, India (1938, 1967)
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.239, s.n.104
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. क-17
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter IX,p.695
- Census Of India 1911 Volume Xiv Punjab Part 2 by Pandit Narikishan Kaul
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/K,p.437
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V, p. 99-100
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.376
Back to Jat Gotras