PDA

View Full Version : Pan Masale Ka Kamaal !

dahiyarules
September 22nd, 2005, 10:06 AM
Well we all have our first experineces. I tend to stay away from what seems likely to become a bad first experience. So far I have saved mself from Alcohol, ciggaettes, tobacco drugs etc etc. I am a helth conscius person. No matter what, I make sure I burn six miles on the tread ill every day.

Coming to the story, a friend visited me earlier yesterday. He always walks around with his two containers of Rajni Gandha and Baba pana masalas.t of curiosity, I asked him if I oculd try some. He warned me against Baba pana masala, knowing that I dont do any of this stuff. But who heeds to "stupid warnings." I went on and had a pinch full of it. Initially I felt some minty taste in my mouth. then all of a sudden, I felt acid built up in my food pipes, and every thing exploded like dynamite. I ran to the bathroom, and threw up every thing. And then I looked in the mirror. My face went red. My eyes were about to pop out. I felt being hung upside down from a ceiling fan, which went around at full speed. The word was revolving at 100 miles and hour. My phone rang. I was seeing illusions. evn though the phone was in front of me, I couldnt grab it. My frined was laughing his you know what, off. Saying: Pehle kaha thaa naa. I saw mirages. Everything appeared multiplied by five. And then I fell down. Wriggling, and kicking. Ohh my god, it was such a nasty experience. I felt being hit by a tranquilizer. My somach went around like a concrete mixer.

Overall, it was a very nasty experience, and I told myself, that its not happening ever again. I am writing this to educate the young and the naive. DONT DO THINGS THAT GAIN CONTROL OVER YOUR BODY AND MIND. YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SILLY. AND WHEN YOU GAIN YOUR SENSE YOU FEEL EMBARASSED FOR WHAT YOU DID. So firends stay away from this stuf. Nothing like fresh bajre ki roti off the "chuhla," along with "nooni ghee", chutney and seet. Eat good food. Exercise. And just remember that your other firneds who think they look cool, when they do this stuff, they are actullay stupid people, who are proving nothing but they are worldy loosers.

I know that there are a lot of memebers on this website who work in the health care industry. Do contribute some valuable information, that would add sense to my post.

I hope this post didnt make you fall off your chair, laughin and holding your stomach. Its not funy. I feel like crap.

vinodks
September 22nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Sumit, man it was scary not funny.... are you sure it was just paan not something else?... when I tried first time I had headache... uske baad aaj tak nahi khaaya... lekin tumhari kahani sunkar mein jigyasa(curiosity) ho gayi hai... to US mein supari kahan milti hai, bata yaar mein 4-5 kilo order kar loonga,

vinod

dahiyarules
September 22nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Yaar it was the Regular Baba Pan Masala, available at local "Panwadi" in India. I think if you goto any desi store you can get it, or atleast order it.

But it is som really sad s**t. Stay away from it. Thats all i will say. I have a very serious headache. My stomach is growling. I have puked my spleens off. I have a Calculus exam tomorrow, and I am in no shape to sleep or study.

Right now I am remembering my nanijees homecooked food. I do not understand how people can even use such products. As mostof us know, Pan Masala manufacturers are a big time business in India. And to my amazement, there are some people who consume these products all day. I couldnt stand a pinch of it, and people consume an entire carton everyday.

devdahiya
September 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
What Sumit has advised is a million dollar stuff. Having spent mota-mota portion of my life on this earth and having used almost all these habit forming stupid things [ NOW LEFT EVERY STUPID THING AND JUST ENJOYING THOSE BAJRE/GEHOON/MESSI/MAKKA rotis and chatani with PYAJ [MUKKA MAAR KE]AUR THODDA SA SEET[lassi] to hilt. Nothing like apnna dessi khana and a lots of quality exercises.Thats why hammare badde-buddhe hamesha tandruust rehte thhe. Alongwith Sumit i will very sincerely Urge those members,who are addicted to somthing[as brought out here in] to quit immediately and also spread awareness in your surroundings. Not only it is a waste of time and money but it kills and makes you lose Dignity and self respect [without which a person is nothing more than a beast]. Please keep on posting this kinda good stuff out here. Well done and Congratulations SUMIT! God speed!

singh1981
September 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
sahi main boss ye supari to bahut hi khatarnak cheez hai.....jab main 9th main tha to stadium hockey khelne jaata tha..wahan ek ladka koi supari le kai aaya hua tha..thodi se taste ki thi....ki laga kisi na ander se gala daba diya.......duniya khelti rahi aur main 2 ghante gala pakad kai ground kai bahar baitha raha.....jab mere coach ko pata chala ...to usne 8 round ground kai us ladke se la lagvaye jo supari le kai aaya tha..aur 4 mere se ki maine khai hi kyon....

sjakhars
September 22nd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Good post sumit.
It is really scary and true.
I have similar experience with this pan masala.One day me and some of my friends were goin to attend a marriage and they started there pan masala stuff and asked me to have.
I thought lets try and took some pan masala from them.just i put it in mouth i felt little fresh but all of a sudden whole car was revolving and my throat was
seemed closed.at once i throw it away and drank some water but i felt severe headache whole day and after that i never tried it again.
These things are being made of some tambaku and zarda.
Our new generation is getting addicted to it and they are ruining their life.
In India we have many kind of this stuff and these are popping up every day with a new name.
We can make people aware about this by posting our experince and spreding awareness in the surroundings and our near ones.

gaganjat
September 23rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Have u guys ever tried 'tobacco paan with chuna nd supari'
Tats ta best combination u can get

gaganjat
September 23rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
Sumit I think u have tried 'gutka' its much stronger than 'pan masala'

When we were kids we used to drink water after eating 'pan masla/gutka', it tastes so sweet after eating all tat.

dahiyarules
September 23rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
hahaha..

gagan bhai, u seem to be well experienced. meri to zabardast waat lagg gayi yaar. hath jod liya, kaan pakad liye. aage tay konya karrun. jo huya so huyaa.

Update: I am back to normal now. took me little less than 24 hours. I think I might have thrown up my intestines. Still feels theres nothing left in my belly.

raj2rif
September 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Dear Sumit,

I remember one of my Commanding Officer way back in early 80's used to be obsessed with "Pan Parag", probably that was the first brand that came in market place. I am against "PAN" and stuff related with that specially when I see all those "RED" peak marks in the office buildings and any where and every where at public places. That puts me off. So when we started having this Pan Parag a regular feature in our officers mess, I really felt bad but had no authortiry to control it. The best thing I could do was to keep away from it. I don't know if the effects could be as scary as your experience has been. I did try it couple of times during that phase of my career but did not feel any thing, may be because I used to smoke those days.

The most important thing that you have brought out in this post is "Let things not take control of your body", I think that is the key lesson to be learnt from this experience of yours and this post.

Now coming to Pan masala. I am in insurance business and smokers do get a much higher premiums than non smokers. Some of my clients don't smoke but they do chew tobacco or eat pan masala. The problem is that it brings nicotine in their blood samples and thus they end up paying much more for their life insurance policies than they would be otherwise paying. The lesson is that they not only pay for pan masala, the health problems that occure due to this habit, but also in things like insurance.

I hope all of us learn lesson from your experience and keep away from these things. Those who are in the habit of consuming nicotine products would do a world of good to themselves and their families if they quit it. Sooner we all do that better it would be for us and our loved ones.

Once again thanks for posting a good experience.

cooljat
September 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Pyare Sumit,
ram ram,
It feels to me that ur life is indeed screwed by ur destiny ;) btw, my sympathy is with u as apana bhi saala bad luck bahut kharab hai!

Yaar, yo Baba pan masala nahin Jarda hota hai woh bhi kadak....I can understand what would be ur situation then coz' I also had a smiliar incident with me, actually couple of yrs ago in a mariage cermony one of my friend asked me to have Rajnigandha, though I asked me that is it Sada n he said yes! but usme Tulsi jarda mila tha...aur uske baad to mera expreince be tere jaisa hi worse tha :(

Although, I don't have any bad habbits but I'm occasional light drinker & generally take beer....but I tried almost all the so called Nasha, like Marijuana aka Bhaang, Ganja, Afeem & cigrate for once...but beleive me all these crap sucks big way....there's nothing like refreshing lassi & there's nothing more satisfying then daal-baati-churma & there's nothing that tastes better then bajrekiroti with lots of ghee n dahi, all these dishes are heavy fuel for heavy motor of Jats ;) btw, I wonder ki apane desi Jat videshon mein kaise surivive karte honga doodh-dahi-ghee ke bina....bhai mein kabhi abroad gaya to saal-do-saal ka ghee saath hi baandh loonga :)

Anyways, I like ur words that hume in ghatiya vastuon ki lat nahi patakni chaiye aur apni life ko hell hone se bachana chaiye.

Rock on,
Jit

PS- I'm curious to know how many of u've tried Bhaag in ur lives ;) ?

Well we all have our first experineces. I tend to stay away from what seems likely to become a bad first experience. So far I have saved mself from Alcohol, ciggaettes, tobacco drugs etc etc. I am a helth conscius person. No matter what, I make sure I burn six miles on the tread ill every day.

Coming to the story, a friend visited me earlier yesterday. He always walks around with his two containers of Rajni Gandha and Baba pana masalas.t of curiosity, I asked him if I oculd try some. He warned me against Baba pana masala, knowing that I dont do any of this stuff. But who heeds to "stupid warnings." I went on and had a pinch full of it. Initially I felt some minty taste in my mouth. then all of a sudden, I felt acid built up in my food pipes, and every thing exploded like dynamite. I ran to the bathroom, and threw up every thing. And then I looked in the mirror. My face went red. My eyes were about to pop out. I felt being hung upside down from a ceiling fan, which went around at full speed. The word was revolving at 100 miles and hour. My phone rang. I was seeing illusions. evn though the phone was in front of me, I couldnt grab it. My frined was laughing his you know what, off. Saying: Pehle kaha thaa naa. I saw mirages. Everything appeared multiplied by five. And then I fell down. Wriggling, and kicking. Ohh my god, it was such a nasty experience. I felt being hit by a tranquilizer. My somach went around like a concrete mixer.

Overall, it was a very nasty experience, and I told myself, that its not happening ever again. I am writing this to educate the young and the naive. DONT DO THINGS THAT GAIN CONTROL OVER YOUR BODY AND MIND. YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SILLY. AND WHEN YOU GAIN YOUR SENSE YOU FEEL EMBARASSED FOR WHAT YOU DID. So firends stay away from this stuf. Nothing like fresh bajre ki roti off the "chuhla," along with "nooni ghee", chutney and seet. Eat good food. Exercise. And just remember that your other firneds who think they look cool, when they do this stuff, they are actullay stupid people, who are proving nothing but they are worldy loosers.

I know that there are a lot of memebers on this website who work in the health care industry. Do contribute some valuable information, that would add sense to my post.

I hope this post didnt make you fall off your chair, laughin and holding your stomach. Its not funy. I feel like crap.

raj2rif
September 26th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Dear Mehta ji,

Every thing is available here in US specially in NJ. So don't worry about Ghee, it is available even in the areas where Indian population is not in plenty say like mid-west.

The reason is if Pan Masala is available here, Ghee is definitely. Recently we had Churma and Dahi Ki Lassi as the refreshment during a Jat Volleyball game.

So, if you decide to come then try and be in NJ and you will find yourself at home.