PDA

View Full Version : Do We Control Our Lives..??

devdahiya
September 26th, 2005, 01:06 PM
So many times this question enters my mind and i search for the answer with in, but some how have to abandon things mid way in absence of not so satisfactory/logical explaination. The question which puts the break on my chain of thoughts is; The biggest accident in one's life is one's BIRTH as one does not have any say/control over it and the same is applicable for death and if that be the reality, then IS IT POSSIBLE THAT GOD HANDED OVER THE KEYS OF CONTROL TO LIVING BEINGS FOR THE PERIOD CALLED LIFE SPAN ? Any inputs please?

dahiyarules
September 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I dont think god exists, becuase I never saw him or heard from him. We very well control our lives. You can do everything as long as its rational and logical.

devdahiya
September 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
My dear Sumit, you may be right with your beliefs and i respect that, but frankly i have felt many a times, something which is beyond my grasp and apprehension. I have felt it but not seen any thing with my eyes. I will be too scary in saying that God does not exist or control/directs us[our deeds].

scsheorayan
September 26th, 2005, 05:32 PM
:) If you have not seen some thing does not mean it does not exist. There are so many things which we can not see but still believe them for some reason or other.

If you keep an open mind that there may be some greater power than your own and some people call it God and others call it by different names. God is most powerful and all pervasive.We see the effect of this power in daily life but fail to experience because of our pre occupation with other things material or Maya. The sun,the moon, earth,nature, you and me all have their origin in God.

The truth is what should stand the minutest scrutiny and the test of time. Each one has to experience this truth for ourselves and may take several births to do so. Believe if the conditions are right the realisation has to come.
If you seek God chances are you will find it but if you start with a doubt you will never try to seek it. There is a choice one has to make on this subject. Our environment has big impact on this belief system but ultimately the desire to seek God in it's strongest form must come from within. If you are not seeking God how can you find it ?

nitinmaan
September 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I am firm beleiver in God.He's certainly there but confusion is why
is he so different on different parts of earth.Different religions have
quite contrary stands regarding somany doings.So either of them is
quite wrong then how to find wrong one.Concluding God is different
for different peoples......isnt it confusing. Fidayen r dying on the name of
God....then how can we define god.coming generations r not going
to beleive in god....thats for sure .

devdahiya
September 27th, 2005, 08:14 AM
If we do control our lives [ Not giving any credit to God] then what happens when we travel by a bus,train or aircraft.....who is in control of our lives then?

navingulia
September 27th, 2005, 10:00 AM
'Probability' is what defines and controls lives. The least probable things happen the least and the most probable things happen the most in space/time.
We are not mere spectators, we control probability by our preparation and efforts. This cannot be 100% ever. At times probability will win.
Nothing illogical happens in this world. Everything follows logic. All solutions have been provided to man, he has to discover them.
The first shaloka of rigveda says 'utishtha he amratasya putra, jaagrat, navaann bodhat, yagyai na asti atra, kutrapi?' basically meaning to awaken yourself and discover because whatever you need is here and what is not here is nowhere.
'God' has been created by man in different times and situations of history. Sometimes to discipline the society(islam), sometimes for a cause(sikhism), sometimes to find solutions(vedas), sometimes to idntify with customs and traditions(hinduism), sometimes to discover mental peace(budhism)
You dont need to believe in God. You need to know him.
key to life are happiness, joy, love and beauty. Things you can disover even though you have nothing, and things which can evade you even if you have everything.

devdahiya
September 27th, 2005, 10:33 AM
'Probability' is what defines and controls lives. The least probable things happen the least and the most probable things happen the most in space/time.
We are not mere spectators, we control probability by our preparation and efforts. This cannot be 100% ever. At times probability will win.
Nothing illogical happens in this world. Everything follows logic. All solutions have been provided to man, he has to discover them.
The first shaloka of rigveda says 'utishtha he amratasya putra, jaagrat, navaann bodhat, yagyai na asti atra, kutrapi?' basically meaning to awaken yourself and discover because whatever you need is here and what is not here is nowhere.
'God' has been created by man in different times and situations of history. Sometimes to discipline the society(islam), sometimes for a cause(sikhism), sometimes to find solutions(vedas), sometimes to idntify with customs and traditions(hinduism), sometimes to discover mental peace(budhism)
You dont need to believe in God. You need to know him.
key to life are happiness, joy, love and beauty. Things you can disover even though you have nothing, and things which can evade you even if you have everything.

Bhai Navin, Yo tei aur kasutta uljha diya yo mamala. bhai kimme sirr par ke gaya yo sabh kim...patrhall ki dhaal. rassa hogya bhai......koe samjhao bhai.

navingulia
September 27th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Dev sir, kuunsa hissa samajh mai nahin aaya

Nothing illogical happens in this world. Everything follows logic.

arunshamli
September 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Bhai Navin, you are right that everything follows the logic...So let us talk about the logic

1. you give the example of Rigveda and still says the God was created by man:confused:
2. aapne Rigved ke jo reference diya hai woh galat hai. So please quote the correct location of the above mantra in the Rigveda. and vedas do not have shalokas, all vedas have mantra. I hope you know the difference between shaloka and mantra.

ye probablity to bhai tab bhee samajh me nahi aayi thee jab padha karte the...But as I remember Probability is a branch of mathematics that measures the likelihood that an event will occur.

But the question was who control the life and not what is the probability of our life?

pammusangwan
September 27th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Dev uncle ji my personnal belief about the existance of GOD is that everyone believe in existance of GOD somehow or at some stage. There are peoples who believe in GOD when they need something (like when scared, when in problem or facing any trouble). Even I don`t believe much in GOD but to be true I used to wish when sitting in some critical exam or something like that. So this is really a dodgey belief that we do not want to show peoples that we believe in GOD but still we do.
AND about the keys we got handed over from GOD for our life span I think to some extent no one can answer this question clearly if some one then I think he/she can be an exception for holding those keys. Because if we think about our past and try to coordinate and match it with our present then we will find that their is some sort of sequence in all the incidents and accidents (from which we always learn something) and I think this is what a human being can not think to do ( I mean we can not pre meditate) and if you can not think about future then how come all these things happened or might going to happen are always in some sequence.(I WONDER WHY AND HOW?)

ANY ways these are my feelings any critics are welcomed

CHEERS

So many times this question enters my mind and i search for the answer with in, but some how have to abandon things mid way in absence of not so satisfactory/logical explaination. The question which puts the break on my chain of thoughts is; The biggest accident in one's life is one's BIRTH as one does not have any say/control over it and the same is applicable for death and if that be the reality, then IS IT POSSIBLE THAT GOD HANDED OVER THE KEYS OF CONTROL TO LIVING BEINGS FOR THE PERIOD CALLED LIFE SPAN ? Any inputs please?

navingulia
September 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
This mode of discussing by typing is very difficult. Sitting face to face and discussing makes things easier.
Ok, let me try to explain
Everything, accidents/lotteries bad luck/good luck happens according to probability. The least probable happen the least and most probable happen the most. If some one wins a lottery it is because of chance and not because God wanted him to.
Man turns to God (or creates God) to find answers. At times to get over his fear of death. At times to know why he is suffering and not others. :-) People, when they suffer they say "Why Me!" but I say "Why not Me!"
A fidaaeen blows himself up because he has been brainwashed into believing that if he blows himself up for the given cause, he is going to go and straight away meet Allah who will make him the chosen one with everlasting life in heaven.
I never heard God say what he wants, i have only heard men saying what he wants. So, my principle is simple - do the few good things that you can and be happy. If God likes me at the end of it good, else fine, i did what i could.

Quoting Rigveda doesnt mean I cant say man created God. Please see the intended meaning and not the words.:-)
I dont claim knowledge of Rigveda. I read this statement as such and quoted it as such and I 100% believe and see the truth of the shaloka/mantra or whatever other thing it is called. Solutions to our problems/questions are available right here in this world, we just have to discover them. We gain nothing by running to God for everthing "God get me a promotion at job, God settle my family dispute, God give me peace....." We say ''God you are great, we are dust of your feet, i am offering a prasad of Rs 5000 - please get me the business contract of 1 crore".
If God was to give us everthing then why the hell did he give us physical and mental ability. We treat God like a local Don, Chaaplusi karo - fal milega.

Probability is something you try to dominate by your efforts and preparation and hard work but you cannot rule it. You are a hard worker but if a plane crashes on your head you cant do anything, the probability has won. Thats life, you cant do anything about it. So, work on things you can do something about and forget the rest. ie forget about the plane falling on your head. :-)

Everytime i go on an adventure expedition, i know i am fighting against the probability of meeting with an accident and therefore i prepare like hell. I know that if something goes wrong i have to help myself, God will not come and help me.

I donot deny the existence of God but I dont agree with how people define him. If God has made the world, you bet, he has made a very scientific and logical world.

These are some of my views i am very comfortable with. Everybody has a right to differ. I am not claiming to be all knowledgable and just expressing my view just like we all are
So, Arun Sir, Dont worry and be happy.
Because one thing i am very sure about, we can control our happiness, irrespective of how much we have.

devdahiya
September 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Thanx all but surely we need more inputes in order to unlock things up! I request all to come fwd please.

pnauhwar21
September 28th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I guess whenever something good happens in our life or we are able to achieve something, we
tend to think that its our own karma..I control my life but whenever something bad happens in
life we blame it on God that why you are doing this..why only me? :)

But seriously, its a very tough question to answer. We can only draw inferences. I don't
suppose that God constantly watches more than 6 billion ppl. on earth and take care of each
individually. Is he really so idle?

Take for ex. one small case..there is an interview in a company for 10 positions in India..there would be minimum 1000 ppl. lined up for same. I guess almost everyone(atleast 700 of them) prays to God before leaving home that they get through. If God was to listen to all of them, how come only 10 get through? Finally the one who has worked hard and prepared well comes through. I had once read about a Nobel laureate who was a total atheist. He didnt believe in God at all but still he was quite successful. Whereas when we were students, our mothers asked to say Saraswati prayer or pray to God for a good result. But if you never studied, no number of prayers would come in handy. After all, God won't be such a fool that anybody who called him, he will run to give any help he can give, like write answers for him or go into the mind of the checker and give him good marks..

Well that doesnt mean we should stop praying and abuse God (which most of atheists do trying
to be hep). I have felt that we have many things under our control and we need to work for all
things that we tend to achieve but when something we want doesnt comes to us, we should move ahead. Now thats where we dont have control on our life. We cannot claim that we can do
whatever we want as if that would be true everyone would be king today. We can only control
our actions but not the results. As far as we do our actions right, that should be enough. We
dont need to send a report to God. Though one thing I have felt, whenever I needed something
strongly, I have got it though it may be late. And sometimes, it feels that God is listening
and is tracking all our good thoughts and deeds and then pays back at right time to us. I suppose that should be enough for us to be happy with God.

One more theory of life for me is that, God is some superpower who has created N number of worlds, he has thrown in the environment, some hidden powers within the env. which we need to find and use, created living beings like us and then just watching us play how we do in this Maya world. He has some employees in Swarg who keep track of all of us and maintain the world remotely. One day when God gets bored, he will just wipe off all of us and then change the look and feel of this place and a new Game will start. How does that sound? :)

Another thing I have wondered, we all have our own individual lives but what does GOD do? Does he watches TV where different worlds appear as channels, or he watches Apsaras dancing or just he just eats, drinks n sleep? There are no more Rakshas anymore whom he needs to fight so how does he passes time? he doesnt hve to do study, do job, get children married and so many tensions of life. How I wish I was GOD and then I would be just laughing at all your questions trying to understand me :)

devdahiya
September 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
My dear Prashant, very well covered and logically put across, with lay man approach.Why we seek God and whether he is there or not is not an easy question to answer but what i want to know is that by what we feel around us in day to day life, does it appear even remotly that there is something....[may be internal or external] that guides our destiny by interfering with our actions and thought process? I strongly feel positive about it. How the omnipotent governs this world is yet another subject for discussion but right now let us try dig out as to What is in our hands and what is not? Thanx for quality inputs,which i am sure will driwe away the ignorance a few miles away atleast for a few seconds. Much more however is yet to be debated.

devdahiya
July 26th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Really need some more thoughts on this.....interesting debate got subdued in between....kindly have your say.