PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New Moderators!

ndahiya
September 28th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Hi

As the site has grown, the moderation load has increased and we need more moderators.

The role requires a decent amount of time involvement pretty much every day, and can be thankless sometime. However, it can be a wonderful way to give back to the community by keeping the site meaningful and the content relevant.

QRs:
1. Must be an active member for some time
2. A relatively non-controversial record
3. Would prefer members outside the U.S.

We are looking for a couple of new moderators, so if you think you or someone else can and would like to do the job, please drop a line to Anu or me.

Nitin

sejwaldeepak
September 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
hi nitin,

bhai can i apply for the moderator? you can check my records and i al always active you can ask anybody.;)

deepakdahiya
September 28th, 2005, 11:39 AM
hello big brother,

i am also interested to be a moderator of JATLAND.
So if you find me suitable, according to your conditions, then its a chance or dream comes true to me.

thanks

____Deepak Dahiya____
*****Jai Mata Di*****

praveendangi
September 28th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hello Mr. Nitin,,
choose a good moderator who can understand we ppl and our community and who can solve our problem easily. thats wat we want
Its a difficult job not so easy so jisemin dem hai vo agge aye, and i think nitin voting honi chayie,,,,,,,,,,, its the best option let us we ppl decide who is our new moderator..........

sejwaldeepak
September 28th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Miss Praveen,

hum mein dum hai isliye hi sabse pehle aage aaye hain.

dahiyarules
September 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Gaam bassa nahin, mangte haand gaye.. :D

hamendra
September 28th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Nitin,

You can think about me also.

Thanks & Regards,
Ham

praveendangi
September 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM
lets c sir kismein kitna hai dem..... but dyan se responsibilities bahut hoti ha moderator ki,
yeha kafi log ayenge , moderator ke liye so choose nitin acc to u and then we ppl vote..........b'coz i think u judge the ppl first and then janta per chod do......
wat abt others ppl.....

eschauhan
September 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Hi, Praveen,

Deepak ko bana do moderator bas, ye Deepak sabka dost bhi hai, jimmedaari to nibhayega hi. Agar vote padni to meri vote to Deepak ko jaani.

My best wishes to this process.

Ekta

ndahiya
September 28th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Plz PM your suggestions, do not post on the forum. Thanks!!
This isn't exactly a popularity contest..

Nitin

hamendra
September 28th, 2005, 06:27 PM
This is not Humor and Time Pass Section.

Please put the serious statement.

ndahiya
October 1st, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hi

Based on queries, let me try and define some of the roles of the mods.

1. follow posts, to make sure nothing inappropriate is posted.

2. edit/delete offending posts, warn/ban members.

3. make sure threads are in the correct forum and have a meaningful title. if not, move them.

4. be regular: that is the most important thing. you really need to be around every day....

many of these steps in in coordination with other mods...

hope this helps!!

nitin

sejwaldeepak
October 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Nitin bhai,

I always online except sunday but i ll online on sunday also. I can handle all the responsibilities if you give me chance.

Thanks.

sanjay22dahiya
October 14th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Nitin

I recommend Mr. Deepak Sejwal ,as per your requirments he can give enough time to perform his responsibilities.Rest all is in your hands......

sejwaldeepak
October 14th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Sanjay bhai,

Thanks to support me. but it is a big and important responsibility so nitin bhai must think about all the candidates.

I hope he will select a good moderator for us and we all accept that person.

amareetu
October 18th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Hi Nitin,

Amar here and would be interested in moderating. Have being moderating some of the yahoo groups both scientific (Bioinformatics Society of India) and ex-Master's groups. This way will be connected to the community also.

Amar V Singh