PDA

View Full Version : Network connection problem

dahiyasaab
October 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
Problem relating to domain, let me first give you an overview of our network !
One Domain Controller (Win 2000 Server), 97 Clients (Win 2000 Prof.)
DC is also a Mail server, Norton server, DHCP & DNS tht’s the only server we hv for this deptt. The problem is sometimes it happens tht a particular client is not able to access server although network is perfectly OK, then I hv to take out a lan cable for atleast a minute or two and whn I reconnect tht client start pinging with server, otherwise it shows Destination Host Unreachable !!! What is this I am not getting the root of a problem.
Event tried changing the patch chord at both the ends, but I face this type of a problem once a week and tht too not with same system every time It could be any client, sometimes it get repeated with tht client also ! Have you faced this type of Problem ?

sejwaldeepak
October 4th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Pls check client/server firewall i think problem with that only.

dahiyasaab
October 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Pls check client/server firewall i think problem with that only.

We are not using any firewall for tht !
Just we have specified normal restrictions in group policy !!!

ndahiya
October 4th, 2005, 11:08 PM
try this

on the command prompt, enter the following commands... this should "force" a reset...

ipconfig/flushdns {optional, but helps with IE probs}
ipconfig /renew {seeks to acquire the IP address again from the server}

if this does not work, first execute

ipconfig /release {releases the connection. same as removing the cable}

sanjay22dahiya
October 5th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Hi ankur

First of all i want to congratulate you for taking initiative & getting it done,it's because of you & many others who supported for separate technical thread that today we have this "tech talk" section.Not only IT people but also all members of JATLAND can resolve their day to day problems by posting threads.

As far as your problem is concerned,its a problem of DHCP.Try out these stems at client & server end.

At client end,
Goto start,run write cmd press enter
At command prompt write ipconfig,it will show you 0.0.0.0 as ip address with same subnet mask

else it will show you any ip from APIPA range ie 169.....

As our honorable administrator MR nitin has already suggested you to try out ipconfig /release & then ipconfig /renew at command prompt,these commands will release ip from buffer & try to contact DHCP for new ip.

If it gets new ip then it'll definately access server,if not log off & log on the system & repeat the commands again.

if it still show APIPA address or 0.0.0.0 as ip ,restart Pc & repeat the steps again.

At server end ,

Re activate the DHCP server & find out the lease period.

This problem has nothing to do with patch chords,try these patch chords with all those pc's which are not giving you such problems.As long as PC is turned on & accessing server,it will continue to do so but once you log off or switch it off,it may not be able to access the server.

Most of our pc's at C35 & C44 are of HP make,even i faced the same problem at 13 palam marg.

if you need permanent resolution to this problem try to do this

Disable onboard lan card & install external PCI lan card,it will not give any such problem.

raat ke 1 baz re hai eeb soone de tene bera hai me night shift me hu,apne JATLAND te acha koi time pass nahi

aur kuch kasar ho teh 4 baze see phone kar liye:confused:

bye chote se balak

thanks you all for your keen internet & support

dahiyasaab
October 5th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I would thank all of you especially Nitin ji for giving me online support !

ndahiya
October 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
guys.. plz chill.. you do not have to make such statements:
>> honorable administrator MR nitin
>> especially Nitin ji

make me feel rather stupid.

that said, did it work ?

deepakchoudhry
December 31st, 2005, 03:46 PM
And if nothing else works, Try replacing the NIC card.:)

sunilchhikara
December 31st, 2005, 05:04 PM
hello everyone ,

Dhaiya shaab this is not a big problem. Just change ethernet card and pci slot too.