PDA

View Full Version : Win 2k Domain: login related problem !

dahiyasaab
October 4th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I have problem with logging on to Win 2k Domain with a Win2k workstation. It keeps me away from working on it and displays a message that " Your Computer account is missing in Primary Domain or password on that account is incorrect"

Actually I am having the solution of this but posted here for some alternate as tht solution is not a permanent one, I face this type of problem once a month on alternate pc's.

Solution or you can say jugad is disjoin the pc from domain rejoin the same and it will do ! I tried changing the paswd but of no help !!!

Share your views abt this, has anybody faced such prob. ?

sejwaldeepak
October 5th, 2005, 11:26 AM
dear ankur,

try this:

at client...

go to Computer Management -> users and computers -> select user-> go to properties of user-> account-> select password never expired.

at server ...

go to active directory users and computers -> select user-> go to properties of user-> account-> select password never expired.

you can find this inside the Administrative tools. see the attachment for the screen shot.

bhai ho ja to thik hai na to gussa maat na kariyo ghane din ho gaye main out of touch hun karib 8-9 months se thoda bahut yaad hai bata diya.

dahiyasaab
October 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
actually as I told tht I face this type of a prob once a month will surely use this method to resolve tht, thank you sejwal bhai !!!

dahiyasaab
October 18th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Faced same problem again & I had already checked tht option of password never expires, I was able to access the domain server and I tried changing my IP Add. as thinking of conflict but even though I failed to login the message system was giving is " The system cannot log you on to this domain bacause the system's computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect " From this message I understood tht the problem is with the computer not user as the same user is able to login by using another computer ! The solution I am having is to rejoin the Domain but I hv to do this every month for atleast one PC I am not getting the root of the problem. Pls. Help me out or else gv suggestions for R & D on to tht so tht we can go to the root of the problem !!!!

sejwaldeepak
October 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Find the host and lmhost files from server and paste these files into same location on the particular Pc in which u getting problem.

dahiyasaab
October 18th, 2005, 09:38 PM
but atleast I hv to wait for the problem to come !
HA ha ha ! U understand well, yeh problem kabhi kabhi aati hai !