PDA

View Full Version : Where are the TELECOM Professionals?

crsnadar
October 7th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi all,
It is very surprising not to see some Telecom Professionals.....!!!!
They are making the society communicating but for themselves they are not making some interface.
I noticed only two on the site.
It's for sure that there r numarous Telecom Professional around.
I am B-Tech (ECE) holder working for "ADA Cellworks" (a vendor for vendor "NOKIA") for UP (West) Telecom Circle.
I do have 2+ Yrs of experience (1 Yr -SDH, 1+ Yr -RF).
May be lots of community person working with high profiles for many years but I found none to help the guys like me.
However some guys (JAT Guys) who r working at some level like mine are co-operating each other.
But it would be elavating for us if we find some Teleom Professional at some high altitude.
We know very well in this field there r tonns of companies & a good working environment is must to sustain there for a considerble period.
The other community guys (like Punjabies etc.) managed to make some environment suitable for them, so why not us.

Now I request to young Telecom Professionals to discuss new ideas for the Telecom World & pass there profiles to each others & some opportunities that anybody find anywhere.

My Profile->
Name: RAHUL
Edu Qual: B-Tech (ECE)-75.68%-2003 batch
College: United College of Engg & Research, Allahabad (UP).
Exp: 1 Yr in SDH (I & C) Comp-TNS (P) Ltd. for NORTEL for Bharti Tele.
1+ Yrs in RF (DT & AT) Comp-ADA Cellworks for NOKIA for BSNL UP(W).
Phone No: 09412707508
E-ID: crsnadar@rediffmail.com
rahul.nadar@adacellworks.com

If I happen to find any suitable place for any stage I will launch it here.
Let's make an Telecom World differ from the orthodox way.
Bye
Waiting for the Ideas...!

anujgoliya
October 18th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Dear

Pl see my thread posted on 12 Sep 05. I am in telecom field myself. The details are attached.

Regards

Anuj Goliya

ajay_ajat
October 19th, 2005, 09:56 AM
HI Anuj

Just came toknow that theres some opening with Huawei Tech in purchase deptt. Shall be thankfull if you could forward my resume for the same. I am currently working with Ericsson ( Gurgaon). Any help reqd from my side pls do let me know.

BR//Ajay (9871430909)

krish.idea
October 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hi...:)
This is krishna pursuing M.Sc.(Electronics) final year... I'm keenly interested in telecomm field n want to make a bright future in it... Could anyone plz reveal me abt the opportunities for freshers in this industry?
I hope for a positive response ASAP
regards
krishna

krish.idea
October 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
Stand for something otherwise you will fall for nothing...

crsnadar
October 21st, 2005, 07:03 PM
Dear Anuj Sir,
It would be great if I would be in your guidence.
You are the guru of Telecom Field (at least for me).
Here in UP(w) NOKIA project only one JAT is there Mr Rajeev Sirohi.
Very nice person he is.
But as a vendor of NOKIA, I (ADA Cellworks-Engineer) never got any chance to talk to him personally about future progress of career.
May be due to workload (As usual in Telecom).
If I get any information for any Posotion at your level I will try to suggest your profile to them.
I will also send you my profile & if possible please forward it to suitable position.
By & Thanx

anujgoliya
October 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Dear

Thanks for the kind words. I will talk to Rajeev ( I know him too well) to help you in your needs. Secondly i would suggest that you dont make move right now. Wait for few months as lots of projects are still in the pipeline in India.

I am based in Gurgaon, DLF square 4th Floor.

BR

Anuj Goliya

crsnadar
October 26th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Dear Sir,
Thanx a lot for the response.
In the coming days I will be dealing with AT of the new sites coming in our circle.
Is there any suggestion that where should I be involved?
Not only me lot of guys like me on our site.
Thanx & Bye

choudharydeepti
November 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
hi
i m deepti choudhary , did my BE in 2004 from rajasthan univ...currently working with Bharti Tele-Ventures Ltd.

Hi all,
It is very surprising not to see some Telecom Professionals.....!!!!
They are making the society communicating but for themselves they are not making some interface.
I noticed only two on the site.
It's for sure that there r numarous Telecom Professional around.
I am B-Tech (ECE) holder working for "ADA Cellworks" (a vendor for vendor "NOKIA") for UP (West) Telecom Circle.
I do have 2+ Yrs of experience (1 Yr -SDH, 1+ Yr -RF).
May be lots of community person working with high profiles for many years but I found none to help the guys like me.
However some guys (JAT Guys) who r working at some level like mine are co-operating each other.
But it would be elavating for us if we find some Teleom Professional at some high altitude.
We know very well in this field there r tonns of companies & a good working environment is must to sustain there for a considerble period.
The other community guys (like Punjabies etc.) managed to make some environment suitable for them, so why not us.

Now I request to young Telecom Professionals to discuss new ideas for the Telecom World & pass there profiles to each others & some opportunities that anybody find anywhere.

My Profile->
Name: RAHUL
Edu Qual: B-Tech (ECE)-75.68%-2003 batch
College: United College of Engg & Research, Allahabad (UP).
Exp: 1 Yr in SDH (I & C) Comp-TNS (P) Ltd. for NORTEL for Bharti Tele.
1+ Yrs in RF (DT & AT) Comp-ADA Cellworks for NOKIA for BSNL UP(W).
Phone No: 09412707508
E-ID: crsnadar@rediffmail.com
rahul.nadar@adacellworks.com

If I happen to find any suitable place for any stage I will launch it here.
Let's make an Telecom World differ from the orthodox way.
Bye
Waiting for the Ideas...!

rahulrathi
November 5th, 2005, 11:22 AM
hi

I am Rahul Rathi. Passed B.Tech in Information Technology in 2004 from Kurukshetra university and currently working with Reliance Infocomm (DAKC Navi Mumbai).Although i am working as a software developer in OSS department but domain is TELECOM.

crsnadar
November 5th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Anuj Sir, Krishna, Ajay, Deepti & Rahul(My name mate),

Very nice to get response from the Telecom Profesionals.
My question is for Rahul Rathi.
Rahul could u please tell us how different is the Software (Telecom) Field form the Core Telecom field.
I mean if u would tell on what platform u work.
I have some curiocity to know about that.
How u understatnd the GSM/CDMA by software point of view?
e.g. Mobile Intelligant Networks etc.
How u deal with the GSM logical channels etc?

It,s just to understand something about Telecom softwares.
I hope u don,t bother about my questions as these r just to get some ideas about telecom in depth.
Bye

& Thanx for all to start a thread for Telecom.
So many thing to discuss.
Waiting for reply.

sumitsehrawat
November 15th, 2005, 03:24 PM
We, at Infosys, run the GSM calls on a local/remote switch: Nortel Network's DMS(Digital Multiplex System)-MSC(Mobile Services Switching Center) simulates the basic nodes in the GSM Architecture. I am not supposed to tell anything more than that outside the Nortel OSDC. You know these project related things are highly confidential. It would be against the company policy if I tell all. I hope you understand.

I am working with Infosys Tech Ltd for the last 2 years. As the domain is Telecom, I prefer to be called as a Telecom Software Engg rather than without the prefix. :-)
Have been working in GSM Wireless Voice Core Design team since May 2004.

There's one very good friend of mine: Vipin Nadar. He was with me in Infosys and have joined Flextronics Software Solutions just a couple of weeks back. If my memory isn't ditching me: he too is from Firozpur, Bulandshar. Just check him out at Vipin3.Kumar@flextronicssoftware.com. Mine is sumit_sehrawat@infosys.com.

:-)s,
$umit

manish.rana
November 15th, 2005, 03:30 PM
hi all

i m manish rana workin with sasken comm tech as
a software engineer
i joined this july as a fresher
i "ll feel pride if could help someone
mail me at
manish.rana@gmail.com

bye
manish

sumitsehrawat
November 15th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Hey Manish,

Posting it here coz ur online at the moment....

3rd Jat-Bangalore Meet is planned very soon. If interested, you can gather more information from jat_bangalore group in Yahoo.

Looking forward to meet you.

$umit

crsnadar
November 15th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Sumit,
Thanx for ur reply.
There r few freshers from our college (United College of Engineering & Research, Allahabad).
They went there by campus recruitment in 2005.
But they r my superjunior so may be don,t recognize my name.
But even then u can meet with them filtering off them by the college name & asking them my name as "RAHUL JAT". I was better known by this name being an only JAT there. May be at least one of them can recognize me out of 14-15.
One Ashutosh Pandey of 2003 Batch (joined Infosys in 2004) was also there for two months but now in PUNE Infosys.
I have lots of friends in Bangalore (in Wipro, Flexitronics, Siemens & INFOSYS & many more).
May be I m boaring u so as for now OK & anything related to Telecom software will discuss to u if I be in such need, hope u don't mind.
I know Nortel Network's euipt's TN-1X, TN-1C, TN-4Xe & Tn-16Xe MUXs & have worked on them as a I&C Engineer in the starting days of my career.
These works on SDHTechnology for Transmission Link purpose & lot more.
Most important thing about SDH is it's frame structure RSOH, MSOH & Payload etc.
may be u involved in software designing of this frame.
In GSM we use these euipt's in SS7 interface as MSC to MSC or GMSC.
don't know more than that rest I will ask u if u agree (hopr u be agree yaar).
By & Keep replying
Yours
RAHUL NADAR

gsvijay1
November 15th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Today I visited jatland after a long time. I saw this interesting thread about jat telecom engineers. Let me add something about myself.

I am also a telecom engineer with Wipro for last six years. I have worked with different clients like Alcatel & Ericsson. Ericsson is my current account and I am working on a platform which is used to setup different component in a 3G network.

Feel free to contact me on vijay@gahlawat.in.

Cheers,
-Vijay

rakesh.hooda
November 16th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Myself, Rakesh Hooda, working in telecom product development at FSS before this i had work with Bharti.

Current we have many opening at FSS for telecom and non-telecom background people who are willing to work in telecom.

Exp people can send resume to me at rakesh.hooda@flextronicssoftware.com and freshers need to apply through Naukri.com before 25th Nov and they need emp id. They can give my emp id for reference - 10379

Bye for now .. keep smiling ....jats .......

vipin_nadar
November 17th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Hi All,

I am Vipin Kumar Nadar. I am currently working in Flextronics Software Systems Gurgaon. Although i have already been introduced in this group by a very good friend Sumit, I would like to say a few more things.
Sumit dude your memory fails you, I am not from Firozpur my village is Bhunna Jatan. its near kasba Jehangirpur however you could get the District right it is infact Bulandshahar.
I have doing the same work as Sumit for the last 22 months and am now into SMS gateway development for a client of FSS.
Telecom domain is as such very big and we need to keep ourselves posted on latest developments in the field I think this thread can contribute in some way or other.
I am no posting any further profile because i do no want to eb lured in to another job right now. however i am furnishing my contat details for anyone who wishs to interact with me other than on this thread.

A1/A181, Lakshya Home Apartments,
Shalimar garden Extn-2, Shahibabad,
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh- 201005
Phn 01155780798, 09871943807
email: vipin3.kumar@flextronicssoftware.com
alt email: vipin_80@yahoo.com

till next time

V I P in

manish.rana
November 17th, 2005, 01:06 PM
GSM/GPRS Development
Experience : 2 – 5yrs
Mandatory Skills : <LI class=trebuchet13>Working experience in GSM/GPRS/EDGE Architecture & Protocols. <LI class=trebuchet13>Strong in ‘C’, ‘C++’ Programming language and Unix. <LI class=trebuchet13>Embedded Real-Time Development background <LI class=trebuchet13>DSP SW Development Background,Assembly Language programming
Usage of Clear caseDesirable Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>Details of RLC/MAC, Details of BSSGP, LLC-Relay protocol, VxWorks, RTOS
Motorola 56311/56321 DSP chip, PowerQuicc III, VxWorks RTOS

3G Development
Experience : 2 – 5 yrs
Mandatory Skills :

<LI class=trebuchet13>Working experience in GSM/GPRS/EDGE Architecture & Protocols. <LI class=trebuchet13>Strong in ‘C’, ‘C++’ Programming language and Unix.
Embedded Real-Time Development background with clear case Desired Skills :

Details of RLC/MAC, Details of BSSGP, LLC-Relay protocol, VxWorks, RTOS

3G Testing
Experience : 2 – 5 yrs
Mandatory Skills :

<LI class=trebuchet13>Should have strong Testing background. <LI class=trebuchet13>Working experience in GSM/GPRS/EDGE Architecture & Protocols.
Strong in ‘C’, ‘C++’ Programming language and Unix.Embedded Real-Time Development background with clear case Desired Skills :

Details of RLC/MAC, Details of BSSGP, LLC-Relay protocol, VxWorks, RTOS
Configuration Management
Experience : 4 – 6yrs
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>Working experience of configuration management tools (Perforce, PVCS, CVS, Clearcase, SourceSafe) , Software Build and Release. <LI class=trebuchet13>Experience in scripting – Shell, Perl, HTML
Knowledge of FTP, Telnet

FPGA
Experience : 2 – 6yrs
Mandatory Skills :

FPGA (Altera/xlinix),VHDL,Digitial logic design,GSM knowledge
Installation and Commissioning
Experience : 2 – 6yrs
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>Working knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE technologies <LI class=trebuchet13>IP routing and tunneling protocols
UNIX, SUN admin background, with stong background in TCP/IP protocols, IP/tunneling protocols, firewalls, VPN, routers, and wireless data communications.
DSP
Experience : 3 – 5yrs
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>Strong programming fundamentals <LI class=trebuchet13>Good knowledge of C/C++ <LI class=trebuchet13>Demostrated project level experience in programming <LI class=trebuchet13>Object Oriented design methodologies
Experience of working in UNIX enviroments with a fair knowledge of OS concepts.Desired Skills :

Exposure to the Telecom domain. Fair understanding of GSM/GPRS/EDGE, DSP skills (requirement only for the CALLP Team

OS & Drivers
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>Very strong in C++ Programming, Object Oriented Development Backgroud(OOAM) <LI class=trebuchet13>Embedded Real-Time Development background (VxWorks), Unix, Should have used clearcase
Good to have – experience in TornadoDesirable Experience:

Unified Modelling Language (UML), Experience on Passport.

Datacom
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>PPP/ RIP/ BGP/ OSPF/ RTP/ RTCP/ TCP/ UDP
Programming in ‘C’ with Embedded.

Windows Device Drivers
Experience : 3-5 yrs
Mandatory Skills:

<LI class=trebuchet13>Development of Windows 2000 / Windows NT / Windows XP with Device Drivers
Working Exp of WDM / DDK

Layer 1
Experience : 2 to 6yrs
Mandatory Skills :
<LI class=trebuchet13>C & Development Environment. <LI class=trebuchet13>Very good understanding of Wireless communication systems <LI class=trebuchet13>Very good in processors & peripherals, Wireless/ Cellular/ BTS/ UMTS concepts. <LI class=trebuchet13>Should have worked on DSP, Assembly and L1 <LI class=trebuchet13>Familiar with Anritsu environment and MD8480B Scripting <LI class=trebuchet13>Knowledge of other equipment like Fading simulator, Noise emulators,
Spectrum analyzers along with L2/ L3 and RF concepts would be and Added advantage.

sumitsehrawat
November 17th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Rahul,

It was so good to know about you.
You can contact me anytime, dude.

$umit

Hi Sumit,
Thanx for ur reply.
There r few freshers from our college (United College of Engineering & Research, Allahabad).
They went there by campus recruitment in 2005.
But they r my superjunior so may be don,t recognize my name.
But even then u can meet with them filtering off them by the college name & asking them my name as "RAHUL JAT". I was better known by this name being an only JAT there. May be at least one of them can recognize me out of 14-15.
One Ashutosh Pandey of 2003 Batch (joined Infosys in 2004) was also there for two months but now in PUNE Infosys.
I have lots of friends in Bangalore (in Wipro, Flexitronics, Siemens & INFOSYS & many more).
May be I m boaring u so as for now OK & anything related to Telecom software will discuss to u if I be in such need, hope u don't mind.
I know Nortel Network's euipt's TN-1X, TN-1C, TN-4Xe & Tn-16Xe MUXs & have worked on them as a I&C Engineer in the starting days of my career.
These works on SDHTechnology for Transmission Link purpose & lot more.
Most important thing about SDH is it's frame structure RSOH, MSOH & Payload etc.
may be u involved in software designing of this frame.
In GSM we use these euipt's in SS7 interface as MSC to MSC or GMSC.
don't know more than that rest I will ask u if u agree (hopr u be agree yaar).
By & Keep replying
Yours
RAHUL NADAR

sumitsehrawat
November 17th, 2005, 03:54 PM
"Sumit dude your memory fails you,......"

There I go again. Sometimes I wonder how I forget things so easily. Maybe Telecom Software has something to do with it. :-))

$umit

Hi All,

I am Vipin Kumar Nadar. I am currently working in Flextronics Software Systems Gurgaon. Although i have already been introduced in this group by a very good friend Sumit, I would like to say a few more things.
Sumit dude your memory fails you, I am not from Firozpur my village is Bhunna Jatan. its near kasba Jehangirpur however you could get the District right it is infact Bulandshahar.
I have doing the same work as Sumit for the last 22 months and am now into SMS gateway development for a client of FSS.
Telecom domain is as such very big and we need to keep ourselves posted on latest developments in the field I think this thread can contribute in some way or other.
I am no posting any further profile because i do no want to eb lured in to another job right now. however i am furnishing my contat details for anyone who wishs to interact with me other than on this thread.

A1/A181, Lakshya Home Apartments,
Shalimar garden Extn-2, Shahibabad,
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh- 201005
Phn 01155780798, 09871943807
email: vipin3.kumar@flextronicssoftware.com
alt email: vipin_80@yahoo.com

till next time

V I P in

crsnadar
November 17th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hi all,
Very nice feeling to know all Jatbhai's doing so well in the Telecom World.

Bhai Sumit: Bhai bahut achchha laga. Please keep mailing & replying the same way. I hope u r very intresting but yaar ye duriyaan...

Bhai Manish & Gahlawat Ji: Could u please advise something for those who r not good in C/C++. Is it enough to trying to improve C/C++ skills.
As i am not a software player & dealing with Network planning & Optimization, so, how can I play well to have a good inning in this Telecom Field.
Please advice on what part I need to concentrate more Bat, Ball or Field.
Means Coding,Testing or Supervising. Thanx in advance because u definitely advice, I know sir ji.
Commercial break ##Advice to sabhi dete hai the thing is whom u take it from##.....ha ha ha ha .....please don't mind sir ji.....joking (Rahul Dravid add, we usually see during cricket on TV)

Bhai Vipin: Firozpur is not away from Jahangirpur as students use to go daily to school/college in Jahangirpur. Bhai in flexitronics one guy Nitin Dwivedi is there. He is there since 1.5-2 yrs & having very good knowledge. He is planning for some change. He was working on VoIP there. If get time please meet him.
If u meet him then please warn him for the Panja Ladao Compition that still he need to wait to defeat me. We used to get mesh by Panja nearly daily & of course no need to tell what used to happen everytime. Please don't take it otherwise, infact we r good friends.

Bye
Yours
RAHUL NADAR

vins
November 18th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Hi All,
here is another enterant who graduated in Electronics n Telecom but joined software industry ... Presently working in Hexaware Technologies Ltd.. its good to c so many people in the Telecom field.

puneetsheoran
December 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM
A little about myself.

I am a Telecommunications Engineer working for Vodafone Australia at the moment. I completed my Masters in Telecommunications back in 2002 from University of Technology, Sydney and have been setteled in Sydney for the past 13 years.

Our company has recently launched a 3G network and I would appreciate if anyone could advise me on some books on network monitoring for 3G networks.

Cheers.

binny
January 13th, 2006, 11:19 AM
hi all !!
i m doin MBA in Information and Communication technology.As part of my course structure i have to undergo a 2 months summer project in may-june.
m looking forward to take up a project in IT or Telecom company and would appreciate if i can get any information regarding any openings for summer projects in these fields.
waiting for positive responses.
thanx a lot
bye

bhawnagahlot
January 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Sir,
I am a B.E in ECE with an aggregate of 75.6% till 6th semster and will complete my degree in May 2006. I will be much pleased To be in a position in a result oriented company that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquired skills and education will be utilized towards continuous growth and advancement.
Here by I do attach a copy of my resume for your kind reference
Expecting a Favorable Reply,
Sincerely,
Bhawna
bhawnagahlot@rediffmail.com