PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help regarding IELTS Test Preparation for good score

dahbal
October 10th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Dear Jat Brothers/Sisters,

I need some urgent information on latest IELTS Test Format and helping materials for this test preparation.

I am S/W Engineer in Orange County,Soutern California(USA).I applied for PR to Canada last year and sent a letter from my employer to Canadian Consulate,Buffalo,New York (USA) in support of language ability in English with the application.Two days back,I got a letter a from Canadian Immigration Officer asked me to submit IELTS test score in 90 days because he was not satisfied with the letter sent by my employer regarding English Language.If I will not get the good score(above 7.5) in this test,may be he will cancel my application which I really don't want.

Some of our jat bhai knows about this IELTS test who gave this test this year or last year.

I am an average english speaker.Communication is not so good as it should be.It's really tough to prepare for this exam with job within this short period of time.

I need all online materials,audio CD,books,practice tests based on Reading,Writing,Speaking and Listening for this IELTS test.

Can anybody help me in providing these all information asap?

Also some good advice how to get good score in this test or time management for this test.What they generally ask in Speaking?

I have one book CAMBRIDGE IELTS Edition 2 (Cambridge University Press) which is old borrowed from my friend last year.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Waiting for your reply...

With Best Regards,
Balraj
dahbal@hotmail.com

gaganjat
October 10th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Balraj , I gave Ielts before comin to Aus like 3 yrs ago , i didnt even do the sample papers stil got 7 . U can easily get 7.5 , no probs at all.

nd one of my frnds have got latest edtion of all that Ielts sample pack with Cds nd stuff , undone!

Lemme know ur address I wil post it to u , it wil take less than a week to reach US

dahbal
October 10th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Gagan,

Thanks a lot. My Address is

BALRAJ DAHIYA
11 CORTE LAS ROSAS,
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA,
CA (USA)-92688.

With Best Regards,
Balraj

Balraj , I gave Ielts before comin to Aus like 3 yrs ago , i didnt even do the sample papers stil got 7 . U can easily get 7.5 , no probs at all.

nd one of my frnds have got latest edtion of all that Ielts sample pack with Cds nd stuff , undone!

Lemme know ur address I wil post it to u , it wil take less than a week to reach US

gaganjat
October 11th, 2005, 11:09 AM
sent it man , will get it in a week's time. work out to get ur points, jats got be everywhere in the world

dahbal
October 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Gagan,

Thanks a lot.

With Best Regards,
Balraj Dahiya

sent it man , will get it in a week's time. work out to get ur points, jats got be everywhere in the world

anilmhm
February 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
hello mr. dahiya
dont wory b happy
no weight is very heavy that a jat cant lift
i m telling u sthing about ilets, i m also preparing, its not tough, really blive me iltes have 4 sectiion
and for uR PR in cannada i think u need 7+in all and individual and not less then 7 in any paper ok
and as it concern to ur prepration THERE R 4 SECTIONIN ILETS
1- listing/listen bbc, or any otherenglish new channle,streach on pronounciation
i this part u wiil get a quation paper and same time u have to listen the tape and based on this tape as played u have to given answer
2-writing/in this paper u hav to write an eassy on any topic,and one application for generl catgeory and for academy its graph instead of application
3-reading/writing in this portion u r provided with a Q. paper having 3 unsenpassege and Q based on this
4- last but not least interview- genaral Q ABOUT UR familly and carier and ur field and another things 2 minute topic in which ur provided with a topic and giving 1 minute to thiink of it and then u have to speak for 2 minute
that all about ILETS
ALTHOUGH I HAV JOINED A INSTITUTE BUT THEY WOUNT PROOVIDE ANY MATERIAL FOR HOME SO I M SORRY AND IF I FOUND ANY WHERE I ASSURED U THAT I TRY TO SEND U

drjatin
February 24th, 2006, 11:58 AM
hello mr. dahiya
dont wory b happy
no weight is very heavy that a jat cant lift
i m telling u sthing about ilets, i m also preparing, its not tough, really blive me iltes have 4 sectiion
and for uR PR in cannada i think u need 7+in all and individual and not less then 7 in any paper ok
and as it concern to ur prepration THERE R 4 SECTIONIN ILETS
1- listing/listen bbc, or any otherenglish new channle,streach on pronounciation
i this part u wiil get a quation paper and same time u have to listen the tape and based on this tape as played u have to given answer
2-writing/in this paper u hav to write an eassy on any topic,and one application for generl catgeory and for academy its graph instead of application
3-reading/writing in this portion u r provided with a Q. paper having 3 unsenpassege and Q based on this
4- last but not least interview- genaral Q ABOUT UR familly and carier and ur field and another things 2 minute topic in which ur provided with a topic and giving 1 minute to thiink of it and then u have to speak for 2 minute
that all about ILETS
ALTHOUGH I HAV JOINED A INSTITUTE BUT THEY WOUNT PROOVIDE ANY MATERIAL FOR HOME SO I M SORRY AND IF I FOUND ANY WHERE I ASSURED U THAT I TRY TO SEND U

dAHIYA SAHIB,

In reading section when you are reading the paragraph just keep in mind what all questions you will be expected to answer. The time is very less so you may not be able to search again for answers once you read the question. Using this tip i got 9/9 in the reading section in the IELTS acaedemic module conducted by the british council. it is an exam not difficult to pass but you need to give it seriously else one cant give for 90 days

all the best