PDA

View Full Version : Explorer.Exe error

sanjay22dahiya
October 11th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Hi all

I'm facing explorer.exe error on several windows 2k prof. OS systems.It shows the error "explorer.exe has generated errors,you need to restart the program".

I'm unable to explore anything on that system.Even in safe mode i'm unable to do so.I think problem can be solved by reinstalling internet explorer,i tried to run the IE6.exe file from start-run but it show the same error message.I've tried changing RAM but still the same error,even searched google for resolution but in vain.

If anyone has faced similar problem & resolved the same plz share the solutin with me

Thanks

sanjay dahiya

ndahiya
October 11th, 2005, 01:17 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319124

sanjay22dahiya
October 11th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Dear Nitin

I'm not even able to explore control panel in safe mode.Unless until i uninstall & reinstall IE6 ,the problem cannot be resolved.

If i make this HDD as primary or secondary M/Slave,I'm able to explore everything.IS there any way to repair/reinstall IE6 on slave HDD.

Thanks

sejwaldeepak
October 11th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Dear Nitin

I'm not even able to explore control panel in safe mode.Unless until i uninstall & reinstall IE6 ,the problem cannot be resolved.

If i make this HDD as primary or secondary M/Slave,I'm able to explore everything.IS there any way to repair/reinstall IE6 on slave HDD.

Thanks
pls try this:

I would try this have your win 2000 cd handy and goto RUN type as shown without quotes " sfc /scannow " to check/repair your system files.

if not working:

follow this link you will find your answer inside the link.

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/errexplo.htm

sanjubalyan
October 11th, 2005, 02:52 PM
dear sanjay
first u have reinstal the ie6 . if not working properly then u have remove extra programe of add remove programe . if u have extra hardware attached the pc remove it . becose some hardware windows 2000 not support. so remove extra hardware and restart the pc. i think pc will be working properly .

sandeep balyan

sanjaysiwach
October 11th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Dear friend ,
Here problem mentioned by you is not clear .As per you have same error in several machines loaded with windows 2000 Os. if it is the case

First you need to do the very basic things..

Like check your machine Hardware configration and than load os with origional os Cd ...

Update all tha pacthes and security update .Put up only the microsoft recommended software . ...Create limited user and work with that only not with administrator.

sanjay22dahiya
October 12th, 2005, 11:58 PM
pls try this:

I would try this have your win 2000 cd handy and goto RUN type as shown without quotes " sfc /scannow " to check/repair your system files.

if not working:

follow this link you will find your answer inside the link.

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/errexplo.htm

Dear Deepak

i tried repair option but it doesn't worked out,the link is really good.for win milinium & win98,the problem can be resolved by renaming explorer.exe but for win2k prof.which we are using we can't.I'm exporing this site hope to get some solution.

Thanks

sanjay22dahiya
October 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM
dear sanjay
first u have reinstal the ie6 . if not working properly then u have remove extra programe of add remove programe . if u have extra hardware attached the pc remove it . becose some hardware windows 2000 not support. so remove extra hardware and restart the pc. i think pc will be working properly .

sandeep balyan

Dear balyan,

i totally agree with your solution on this problem but the problem is i'm not able to do so even in safe mode,every time i try to explore anything its displays the errror msg "explorer.exe has generated errors,you need to restart your pc".the moment i press enter it restarts the system.

we are not using any extra hardware.

anyways thanks a lot

sanjay22dahiya
October 13th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Dear friend ,
Here problem mentioned by you is not clear .As per you have same error in several machines loaded with windows 2000 Os. if it is the case

First you need to do the very basic things..

Like check your machine Hardware configration and than load os with origional os Cd ...

Update all tha pacthes and security update .Put up only the microsoft recommended software . ...Create limited user and work with that only not with administrator.

Dear sanjay

let me explain you again.whenever we have to install win2k prof. OS on more numbers of Pc's,say about 100-150,what we do is we first install it on one single PC,we make it ready by installing all softwares,office,norton antivirus,all updates & patches,creating restricted users,sharing folders.we also install norton ghost 2k3 to make all other pc's ready.

After running norton ghost 2k3 on all pc's,some of the pc's shows these error msgs.mostly we get explorer.exe errors but somtimes 1-2 pc 's shows this error msg "paging file too small",this problem can be solved by increasing paging file size but their is no solution for explorer.exe yet.

ndahiya
October 13th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Format the drive and Reinstall the OS :)

sanjay22dahiya
October 13th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Dear Nitin

Easiest option ,this is what we are doing from last 6 months.In fact whenever we face some new problem & doesn't find suitable solution,we reinstall OS or repair it.But i need some solution for both the problems ie,"explorer.exe" & "paging file too small".let us see if we can find some permanent solution.

Thanks

sanjubalyan
October 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM
dear sanjay
now u reinstal the os with service pack 4 after that windows update from microsoft site after that download the MS anti-spyware form microsoft site and run..

sandeep balyan

dahiyasaab
October 13th, 2005, 03:25 PM
jahan tak meri samjh mein problem aa rahi hain
yeh link dekhiye, shayad aapke kaam aaye
especially yeh method : (same maine bhi try kiya tha)

1. Reboot the computer. When you see the Boot menu, press F8 for Safe-mode options.
2. Select the Safe Mode Command Prompt option.
3. Change to the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. Typically, this is the c:\Winnt\System32 or C:\Windows\System32 folder.
4. Rename the Apitrap.dll file to Apitrap.old.
5. Reboot the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255758

sanjay22dahiya
October 13th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Hi all

If I boot(even in safe mode) from this HDD,i'm unable to explore anything so there is no question of making any changing.If I repair the OS by win2k prof.CD,my problem is resolved but in that case i've to reinstall all softwares again.Also i need to implement security again.

The only thing we can do without formatting & reinstalling is to make it as pri/sec slave or sec master & then do some R & D.May be then we can get some solution.

Thanks

sanjaysiwach
October 15th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I am able to understand your problem...

you are using ghost to install win2k professional ..

First you need to check hardware configration of all the machines.are they similar configration or not ???

sanjay22dahiya
October 16th, 2005, 01:38 AM
yes dear H/W configuration is same on all systems.