PDA

View Full Version : Personality Development

rameshdhull
October 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I want to improve my personality. plese tell me something about it.

jagmohan
October 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Dear Ramesh,

What aspects of your personality need improvement needs to be known by members before we can even start advising you. Let me try though.

In my view JATS are natuarally gifted with some of the finest qualities that any human can be proud of. However, we have some major weaknesses too. From your profile I could know that you are a student. In my view a student needs few qualities that can help him/her achieve a chosen goal.

A student must be hardworking. If you find it difficult to work hard then get motivated by seeing your parents who are trying to give you the best, may be by depriving themselves of even small things.

Then you must be clear as to what you want to do and what is your goal in life. There is no point in first becoming a graduate and then a post graduate. And if nothing else happens after that, then take admission in LLB (with due respect to all lawyers). What I am saying is that make an AIM and then find ways to attain it. If you want to go to Karnal from Jind, you can't sit in a bus that is going to Rohtak, can you?

Then a student must be confident. He should possess good public speaking skills. Stand in front of a mirror and practice. Speak on any subject under the world sun because good speaking skills do improve your personality.

Then you must have gentlemanly qualities that should be exhibited in your daily student life. Being courteous to the fairer sex and the less fortunate is the first step towards that.

Then you must be aware of what is happening around you. This is called General Knowledge.

And all the above is of no use if you do not work hard to excel in the examinations. Therefore, study smartly.

And since nothing is as important as health and hygiene, be clean and presentable at all times. And you don't have to wear designer clothes for that.

Respect your parents and love your siblings.

Lastly, be HAPPY. I am sure even if you start thinking about what I have written above, the personality would take care of itself.

Regards,

JS Malik

anujkadyan
October 11th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Hi Ramesh,

Todays world its very important that you have good communication skills. To improve that read news papers etc and read books.
The more you read the better it is.

May be you can try things like standing infront of the mirror and reading the news paper alound.

You can also try to speak extempore and record it in a casette and then see what mistakes you were making and how to correct it.

For group with your friends in college and do group discussions on current affairs.

Form a group of friends and every week make few of them give a prepared speech in front of others. This will improve your public speaking skills.

There are lot many more aspects to a good personality :) work on few and then improve others as well.

Best of luck,
Anuj kadyan

deepakchoudhry
December 16th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Hi Ramesh,

Todays world its very important that you have good communication skills. To improve that read news papers etc and read books.
The more you read the better it is.

May be you can try things like standing infront of the mirror and reading the news paper alound.

You can also try to speak extempore and record it in a casette and then see what mistakes you were making and how to correct it.

For group with your friends in college and do group discussions on current affairs.

Form a group of friends and every week make few of them give a prepared speech in front of others. This will improve your public speaking skills.

There are lot many more aspects to a good personality :) work on few and then improve others as well.

Best of luck,
Anuj kadyan

As long as talking to yourself, does not become a habit you will be fine...LOL

ajaysinghbamel
December 17th, 2005, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=rameshdhull]I want to improve my personality. plese tell me something about it.[/QUOTE

are u kunjian.

sumitsingh
December 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
hi.is there is anybody in this field,i want to pursue my carrier in ths arena,,,any comment about ths,

anubhavdhankhar
December 21st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Dear jat bhaiyon..
I am an engineering student..studying in bhiwani(haryana) and a resident of Rohtak(haryana).
I'm a book freak and read books like hell.
I've read many fiction and non-fictions.. and i've interest in film-pamking..because I've no previous experience.:confused: .I need someone I can trust with the movie scripts I've prepared....
If anybody can help, repond asap
Anubhav:) ;) :D

sampuran
December 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
I want to improve my personality. plese tell me something about it.

Inculcate zeal to gain knowledge, self confidence, self pride, sincerity honesty and integrity under all circumstances.
Specifics of a particular field will need training in that area. Sincere hard work wont go waste.

spdeshwal
December 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Learn, how to control 'Anger'
How to express 'happiness'
Consistency in your 'actions'
Respect true 'knowledge'
Desist from 'falsehood'
Respect your 'elders'
Have faith in 'self'

Sateypal

devdahiya
December 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Be good and you need not to be smart. This one line if acted upon will remove many a clouds from the Moon. All the best!

vinodks
December 23rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Anubhav, thats good... looks like we might have something to talk about, so lets meet in Bhiwani. I will be there from 28th Dec to 20th Jan...

BTW, guys this is nice topic... Along with suugestions by other people, I would suggest reading self-improvement and inspirational books... e.g. Seven Habits of Most influencial people, Born to Win, Don't say yes when you want to say no... there are numerous, all say more or less same thing... reading good stuff keeps supply of positive psychologic feedback constant... keep good company, drink lots of water and eat garlic, you will develop good personality:-))))))))))))))))

-Vinod

Dear jat bhaiyon..
I am an engineering student..studying in bhiwani(haryana) and a resident of Rohtak(haryana).
I'm a book freak and read books like hell.
I've read many fiction and non-fictions.. and i've interest in film-pamking..because I've no previous experience.:confused: .I need someone I can trust with the movie scripts I've prepared....
If anybody can help, repond asap
Anubhav:) ;) :D

spdeshwal
December 23rd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hey Vinod,

I would like to add two more books.

How to win Friends, and its hindi version 'Miter banaane ki vidhi' is also a very popular book & 'Think and Grow Rich'