PDA

View Full Version : Poll: New Jatland.com Logo

ndahiya
October 17th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hi

As you can see, we've got a new logo!! What do you think ? Vote!!!

kuldeep79
October 17th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Dear Nitin Dahiya Sir,

Yes, very good logo, I like it. Thanks.

Kuldeep

eschauhan
October 17th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Dear Nr Nitin Dahiya.
Yes, very good logo, looking very good. Thanks, realy you are doing very good job for we jats.

Ekta

devdahiya
October 17th, 2005, 01:30 AM
My dear Nitin, It is looking much better. Keep it up! But there seems to be a problem, when we select blue/green/brown as the page lay out [style chooser]

ndahiya
October 17th, 2005, 07:07 AM
My dear Nitin, It is looking much better. Keep it up! But there seems to be a problem, when we select blue/green/brown as the page lay out [style chooser]

hmmm.. done a fix, but it doesn't quite look at nice, maybe.. :(

devdahiya
October 17th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Yup....it looks much better now....Thanks!

sejwaldeepak
October 17th, 2005, 08:59 AM
bhai nitin,

Lage Raho Bas ase hi apni site ko mast banate raho.......keep working for JATs.

Very Good LoGo.

sjakhars
October 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Nice logo Nitin Sir.

Its really good.

gaganjat
October 17th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Nitin, its a pleasant change but still I think the old logo was better.

As I have also learnt e-commerce and researched the formats of sites too, I may have a different vision than a layman.

Old logo was better, considering the following:

1. It was pretty bold and big which was a grand entry to the site. The new logo is skinny kind.

2. Old one was bright. New one looks faded.

3. I believe Jat land logo got to have a good mascular looks rather than just an artistic soft looks.

4. New logo doesnt seems to be the part of the environment ( it looks like a patch in a torn cloth). It seems to be separate , isolated and not takin over the attention.

The above are the best points I say. But apart from this technical aspect about the site, I feel its all about the people in the site. Logo is just a font for the name but still, why shouldnt we make it bold as Jat !

gaganjat
October 17th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Nitin,
I saw it again and again 100 times. It looks like a weak entry to the site.
I know u worked hard on it but really I feel we should change it to something else.

sameer_rtk
October 17th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Nitin bhai,
Logo to hona hi chahiye tha... congrats for that...

but i think color should remain GREEN and the font should be BOLD like previous one...

one more suggestion... logo mein jo Dots hain ..wo bhi green hone chahiye..

i think GREEN color automatically identifies our haryana!!!

Regards,
Sameer.

jitendershooda
October 17th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Bhai nitin Thanks a lot for your efforts ... but previously it was fine ...

sanjay22dahiya
October 17th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hi

Hi Nitin

It's nice to see such a change after longtime.It reminds me of south indians who makes "rangolis" in front of their houses.It's good to see that we all are working towards acheiving perfection.In my opinion nothing should be static,dynamic thoughts always bring about excellent changes.

Congratulations,keep it up.whenever one do anything from heart & soul it's bound to be appreciated.

aditi
October 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Hi Nitin

Highly appreciate the new upgrades to the site ,, I feel the logo is a lil dull for a site like this,, its giving more of a soft feel to the site.

Jus a suggession ,, the logo is giving am ancient ethnic look rather than a more lively n peped-up look to it....if we can have smth more loud...in termz of colour combination as well as the layout.

I believe it shd go with the spirit of the site ,, um sure a lot of hard work went into this one too,, !

aditi

navingulia
October 18th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I think the logo is just great. It is a pattern we often see in villages and the colors are also right. I identify with this logo. Jats have always been known for the simple. simple food, simple clothes and simple thoughts.
I dont think the logo should look like an ad for a bodyline Gym. :-)
Nitin Bhai, its fine, great.

eschauhan
October 18th, 2005, 07:53 AM
I think the logo is just great. It is a pattern we often see in villages and the colors are also right. I identify with this logo. Jats have always been known for the simple. simple food, simple clothes and simple thoughts.
I dont think the logo should look like an ad for a bodyline Gym. :-)
Nitin Bhai, its fine, great.

Yes Sir,
I agree.

Ekta

malikmca
October 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Nitin Jee...
For me the new logo seems much better than old one....thogh as said by other members its not that muscling but still it carries simplicity and i think that is what we Jats are known for.....its really nice and thanks again sir for putting that much efforts....

jagmohan
October 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Dear Nitin,

I commend your efforts to continuously improve the looks of the portal but I have a different view on the question of selection and adopting a LOGO. A LOGO should be truly representative in character and convey the ETHOS for which we JATS stand for.

In my view the color GREEN is synonymous with JATS for more reason than one. I am no artist but I am sure some members could help design a simple but meaningful logo that should represent not only our glorious past but also depict our dreams of touching the sky. A rising sun, a HAL (plough) and a futuristic symbol, say a rocket/spaceship/Nanotechnology symbolism etc could be all part of a single logo. Keeping it simple would be a major task.

The present logo represents nothing in my view. It doesn't look like a 'Chakra' either. A 'Chakra' does represent progress as it depicted in our national flag. The flails that go out in all directions seem to represent confusion rather than a clear and chosen path. Please, I am not critisizing the effort put in but believe that a truly proud people like JATS should have a logo that is awe inspiring.

A great deal of thought needs to go into designing the logo before it can be adopted. LOGO dekh kar shareer mein ek jhanjahani si uth jaani chahiye bhai.

Regards,

JS Malik

upen_singh
October 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Dear Nitin,
I really appriciate your efforts for continueos improvement to jatland.com. The new logo is fine, But I agree with Jagmohan Sir that the logo should represent true nature of jats. It should be somthing with which every jat can relate himself.

Regards,

ndahiya
October 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
bump......

gaganjat
October 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
LOL u wud have expected it tats why asked to poll :D

bump......

parveen238
October 22nd, 2005, 02:03 AM
ya it is just , how it should be, great,nice job.

gaganjat
October 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Nitin, thanks for being so considering and making changes ! New logo looks awesome. Bolder than before and tat shadow giving a lovely background.

Before this it was like ungarnished dish in a 5 star restaurant.

amarsirohi
October 24th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Great job Nitin. The logo design looks good.

But I think that maybe the design could be more Jat-like by making it bold'er & Stronger looking!!

Just a comment that I thought of passing on to you.

//Amar

ndahiya
October 24th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the comments (so far)

have made some more changes.. maybe its closer to where we want it to be ?

it might make sense to come up with alternate designs (in a gif/jpg/psd file) and we could take a poll with diff designs if needed ?

mukeshkumar007
October 24th, 2005, 09:43 AM
really looking good now.

gaganjat
October 24th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Nitin, now we have another change that shadow in the rangoli. If we have a look other than homepage (when it comes up in smaller size) it seems to be vibrating and kinda unclear.
I am making sure I wont cross the limits of fuss:D

sameer_rtk
October 24th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Nitin bhai,

the green color in the rangoli looks very nice and the bold font is also looking cool..

but i have a suggestion ...

The size of the jatland logo is bigger on the home page but it gets smaller on the inside pages, such as members area etc...

We have enough Top margin on the inner pages to match the bigger size of the logo...
and the logo looks really small on the inner pages....

So, i suggest we should maintain same (bigger) size of jatland logo on all the pages of the web site.

Regards,
Sameer Dahiya.

neer3010
October 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
jai ram ji ki,

logo is realy good sply "JatLand.com " its looking very nice and abt pic, its good but as gagan bhai said it gives soft looks

Hi