PDA

View Full Version : Shall we have a 'DEVELOPMENT' forum?

priti
October 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Dear Nitin and other fellow Jatlanders

I was wondering if we should/could have separate forum for social and economic development discussions. That way people with serious ideas could straightaway land in that forum and spend time there. Also it would help the disucussions to be more streamlined as many good threads on very relevant development work topics get lost in general talk or current affairs forums.

Regards

Priti

vinodks
October 17th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I vote for it! It would be certainly helpful.

-vinod

devdahiya
October 17th, 2005, 09:03 AM
If we are serious about doing something on ground and if space permits, no harm at all.

positivelook
October 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Idea toh Badhiya hai agar implement ho jaye toh . It all depends on space.

Abhimanyu Phougat

vinodks
October 17th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Actually all the existing posts related to development can be moved to that forum... there are lots of post in current events... e.g. water crisis could be discussed in development forum... I am sure that would make it bulky and every once in a while some thread like that keeps popping up...

vinod

priti
October 18th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Dear Friends

There are not many replies to the thread. So I assume there is not much interest and consensus on this. Maybe we should leave these issues to 'Jatland Seva'. But a separate forum would be helpful in channelising the discussion. We could pool in all the discussions and initiatives like jatland seva, NAJC scholarships, water problem issues, and other resources discussed on this website.

Would this involve a lot of effort from the admin Nitin? I would be happy to search the website and make a list of threads which could be under this forum, if that is the challenging part.

Priti

virmaramjyani
October 18th, 2005, 04:18 AM
pritiji good idea........

vinodks
October 18th, 2005, 10:05 AM
PritiJI, worry you do not... when some 'development' thread is started in other forum lot of people participate, atleast 30% of posts in current events are somehow related to development, but less participation in this discussion of starting a new forum might be because people may not bother too much about where they post as long as they get to post somewhere... lets see, what happens... we might have to wait for Nitinji's next b'th day... happy b'th day one year in advance Nitinji:-))))

vinod

Dear Friends

There are not many replies to the thread. So I assume there is not much interest and consensus on this. Maybe we should leave these issues to 'Jatland Seva'. But a separate forum would be helpful in channelising the discussion. We could pool in all the discussions and initiatives like jatland seva, NAJC scholarships, water problem issues, and other resources discussed on this website.

Would this involve a lot of effort from the admin Nitin? I would be happy to search the website and make a list of threads which could be under this forum, if that is the challenging part.

Priti

mukeshkumar007
October 18th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Dear Nitin and other fellow Jatlanders
I was wondering if we should/could have separate forum for social and economic development discussions. That way people with serious ideas could straightaway land in that forum and spend time there. Also it would help the disucussions to be more streamlined as many good threads on very relevant development work topics get lost in general talk or current affairs forums.
Regards
Priti

Idea to teek hai lakin discussion se hoga kya ? we have already discussed a lot on social and economica development but what happened .... nothing...

we had discussed, have been discussing and will be discussing... until we have another topic..

vinodks
October 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Idea to teek hai lakin discussion se hoga kya ? we have already discussed a lot on social and economica development but what happened .... nothing...

we had discussed, have been discussing and will be discussing... until we have another topic..

Aapka idea bhi theek hai:-))) jab discuss ho hi raha hai to sara ek hi jagah salike se discuss ho to achha rahega na... its just matter of classifying similar topics under single appropriate forum, nothing more... chalo baki baad mein

vinod

devdahiya
October 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM

My dear Mukesh, No discussion is futile.It teaches us and generates an idea,which knowingly or unknowingly gets into our coconut and thus can be used in future. I am learning a lot from all threads and posts as it multiplies your knowledge and how we know that some idea generated here will not become a future spark. I know that it will be doubly good if these ideas are immidiately applied also[on ground] but then we all are busy with our lives and can not all of a sudden leave our responsibilities and start digging wells and making roads. Let us get educated first and develope a kind of patience and knowledge which once applied will be accepted by people and we can get their willing co-operation. So dear put your head down and learn more and more from these discussions. Best wishes!