PDA

View Full Version : Option in Haryanvimusic.com

nd-chora
November 9th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Dear ravinder bhai,
Can u create an option on this site so that v can add some more albums whatever v have. actually i have some cassettes (kissas) by great rajkishan aagwanpuriya . Whenevr i will have time i will conevrt these in MP3 format and want to upload.
If u can do it, it would be great stuff to promote of this site and for betterment of haryanvi music lovers, others can also add whatever they have.

thanx

ravinder
November 13th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Its a nice option but I have some concerns.

-In order to allow users to upload music files, hosting account should have lots of storage space. I have decent storage space in this hosting account but not sufficient for a unmanaged/unlimited music file uploads. For this we probably need a dedicated server, which is not affordable for a non-profit/non-commercial site.
-Allowing users to upload files opens a security hole.
-Implementing this feature and managing the uploaded files (hoping users are going to upload only music files, not virus and worms, not that I am questioning your intentions) require serious time and continous commitment, which unfortunately I don't have at this point (may be after 6 months).

what is/are the kissa(s) that you have. Either let me know the names and I will try to get them and upload them or I can make a temporary arrangment for you to send me the files and I will processes them and upload them on the site.

Ravi...

Dear ravinder bhai,
Can u create an option on this site so that v can add some more albums whatever v have. actually i have some cassettes (kissas) by great rajkishan aagwanpuriya . Whenevr i will have time i will conevrt these in MP3 format and want to upload.
If u can do it, it would be great stuff to promote of this site and for betterment of haryanvi music lovers, others can also add whatever they have.

thanx

sunilchhikara
December 23rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Ravinder Bahi Agar Real Ip Ki Jarurat Ho To Mai Help Kar Sakta Hu.
We Can Make Some Alternate Through Which The Server Can Be Put In My Office. Any Where In Delhi Or At Bahadurgarh. I Am Having 2mb 1:1 Bandwidth At Different Location At Delhi And Bahadurgarh

ravinder
January 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thank you for your offer. I will let you know if I need one.

Ravinder Bahi Agar Real Ip Ki Jarurat Ho To Mai Help Kar Sakta Hu.
We Can Make Some Alternate Through Which The Server Can Be Put In My Office. Any Where In Delhi Or At Bahadurgarh. I Am Having 2mb 1:1 Bandwidth At Different Location At Delhi And Bahadurgarh