PDA

View Full Version : WIN2K;ControlPanel;Add/Remove programs problem

itsnavin
November 10th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Hi
I am getting a strange problem with my machine with Win 2K installation. In the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, I see only a few software installed and mroeover I see the Remove button disabled for these programs. Not all the softwares that are actually installed on my system are listed there. I went through Microsoft knowledgebase to findout the problem. Here is what I found:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481&Product=winxp

Infact I found some links for similar problems and tried to rectify using the instructions given, but the problem remains there.

I suspect that there is something wrong with my PC. may be some virus or spy.

Does anyone experience the same problem or any idea of what can be done?

Thanks a lot for ur help.

Cheers
Navin

nd-chora
November 11th, 2005, 08:39 AM
sir ji it may be a problem due to some Trojan Virus. Trojan makes some programes disable mainly which are security related. so check ur computer registry and delete that virus registry( u cant remove ir without this) and some cases u even cant remove by this process. This Trojan virus problem is mainly in 2K OS.because there is no firewall. for better resultd use Windows XP, there is no such type of problem. Actually Trojan is not a virus its like a spyer on ur machine.

bye

itsnavin
November 14th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks Devender
I also suspect it! I ran a diagnostic tool on Symantec site but it wasn't able to find anything. I'll have to find any other latest software otherwise manually it's difficult to scan through registry.
Let's see how I manage that.

Navin

sir ji it may be a problem due to some Trojan Virus. Trojan makes some programes disable mainly which are security related. so check ur computer registry and delete that virus registry( u cant remove ir without this) and some cases u even cant remove by this process. This Trojan virus problem is mainly in 2K OS.because there is no firewall. for better resultd use Windows XP, there is no such type of problem. Actually Trojan is not a virus its like a spyer on ur machine.

bye

sejwaldeepak
November 15th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Naveen bhai Spyware Doctor use karke dekh le...per serial no. ka panga padega.

ek kaam kariyo serials.ws pe jake dhundh liyo serial no. kuch din tak to chal hi jaga;) .

itsnavin
November 15th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Problem still remains!
Yesterday, I devoted almost 4hrs cleaning registry and removing spywares from my home PC. But Control Panel/AddRemovePrograms still is not working well. Infact, Spybot and Adware tool worked well. And many other registeries I had to remove manually.

Now another task is to repair the ControlPanel. I hope to make it today!

Thanks Deepak, I'll keep this for future references.
Navin

batmanmalik00
March 16th, 2006, 12:20 AM
i hv a anti virus installed and when i try to uninstall it doesnt work can any one tell me how to work in registry the exact locatin in there

deepakchoudhry
March 16th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Hi Navin,

CCLeaner (can be used to fix registry issues) and Ad aware (for spyware) can be downloaded free.

Microsoft Anti spyware is also available for free.

Also check the Users/Partition rights and permissions.

Cheers,

Deepak

itsnavin
March 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for ur valuable suggestions!
anyway, I got the problem fixed. I used SpyBot, Adware and new antivirus from CA...it's all done now...moreover, there were some updates from windows...

thanks again..