PDA

View Full Version : Yeh 'Cell Phones'! Kitnae Zaroori!?!

shailendra
November 17th, 2005, 01:55 AM
I am returning to Jatland after a long break and so first off a very Big happy Deepawali and also a prosperous Happy new Year to all members!
Seems like there has been business as usual here and bhai agar koi controversy hui ho jo maine miss kar dee to please update me right away....I would surely like to jump in hand and feet right into the middle of it!... ;)

Anyways; I thought what could be better than to start off by submitting a time pass thread in the good ol' general talks section, and then of course hopefully the thread should still be able jumpstart some healthy, meaningful and fun dialogues!
So here goes; What do you think about when it comes to Cell Phones!?! (Mobile etc. etc) other than of course that word bringing back the memories of good ol' Govinda going,"Kya hai mobile number...' it still has a very serious question attached to it: How many here think a mobile/cellphone is nothing but just a simple luxury to be burdened with versus it has fast become more of a necessity nowadays!?! Kitnae hain jo sochte hain yeh to abhi bhee ek shauk he hai, aur kitnae mantae hain ke yeh aaj-kal kae zaamanae mein apnae paas hone waali ek bahaut hi zaroori cheez hai???

Now, believe me this question/thread needs a worthwhile input not only from the present younger generation/crowd but even from the veterans too (who never bothered with cellphones earlier but use it now), simply because the answer is not as easy as saying 'Oh, it's just about being in with the times'...

Come on, think now of all the times you had resisted the mobile/cellphone in the begining when those people would hanker you to get one too, resisted just so that you never have to be under the power/influence or 'kaid' of this mobile phone and once you did go ahead and submit to the peer pressure (or otherwise) how you are now HOOKED for life!
Also how now you cannot be without it for a minute!!! Consider for example how you make a u-turn back to your house in your car/scooter/motorcycle when leaving for somewhere immediately as you realize you left the handset back on the side table!?! (Now, did you always fear being on the road without the good ol' mini-pal ever before like that???)
Think of how it has become your moving office contact number now, the ONLY one number that you hand out willingly to any prospective associate even when you could well actually be spending your whole day right next to an accessible landline number!?!:D

Phir aaj kal yeh camera phones, video phones...etc. More mess of everyday life, right!?! They say now soon we all will be carrying phones where one will be able to see the other person talk while he/she will be smirking at your own ugly features too at the same time!!! (No more excuses about sitting in an important meeting and not having time to talk, anymore! Ha! Ha!)...

Anyways; My main premise of the thread is to draw your own views and thoughts on how important/necessary/useless/vicious-circle do you consider that little devil stuck to your waist band, in your pocket or riding inside that purse??? Do you live and swear by it, or can throw it away forever at a moments notice? Does it run your life or is it you who decides whether to power charge it or not the next time!?!

ps. By the way for those who may be thinking why out of the blue a discussion about cellphones!!?!!...well yaaron, kal hi pehlee baar I met someone who was buying a cellphone (at the ripe age of 32) for the very first time! Now while I was flabbergasted by just that thought alone....it forced me to think again about the real reasoning behind my stupid surprise at such trivial a matter, forced me to think that why was I so incredulous when actually the person had looked quite ok and content till now without it....and most of all forced me to think that isn't at the end of the day (and for some reason), this person is submitting to the cell-phone pressure after all and taking a step that would change her life forever and into the future!!!....:rolleyes:

poonam
November 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM
My Cellphone is my Lifeline!..:)

positivelook
November 17th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Welcome after the break Shailender

Bhai Cellphone are really important part of life these days, especially when ur a working person. It gives u lots of satisfaction that ur in the reach of people anytime in a day. So its not luxury item only but it is really a good thing for all of us.

Abhimanyu Phougat

devdahiya
November 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Shailendra bhai now they are life lines........they are a necessity now on.

spdeshwal
November 17th, 2005, 09:23 AM
People from all walks of life are increasingly becoming dependent on cellphones. Chhole-Bhature vendor to sales reps, Self employed business people to high profile Ececuties, University Professors to School going youngesters, celphones have become most important source of communication and has become the necessity and won,t be any wrong if we call it our life line.

On the otherside, the excessive use of cellphones has its negative impacts on the society as well.

A high percentage of accidents occur in metros and small cities where the drivers involved remained busy talking on cellphones.

It helps people to carry out and get away with illegal/terrorist activities easily.

Young students are worst effected. Most of the times they remain busy texting their friends. Sometimes results are so profound that they threaten even our social fabric. The incident at DPS Is well known.

So bhai Sailender yo chhota sa dibba hai to bahut kamal ki chees, aur ab iske bina gujaara bhi nahni.

Cheers!

vinodks
November 17th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Shailendra bhai, welcome after such a long time...

I use my cell phone for pictures more than calls!!! Sometimes I capture very rare cell-phone pics:)... After one year, I still don't know how to do 3-way call... manual is as big as a novel, I would read the later...

Lekin life becomes berryyyyyyyyy easy after cell... lekin I forget to keep it with me some time...

-Vinod

jyotijoon
November 17th, 2005, 11:28 AM
it is important in life coz makes it easy but not a neccessaity.

singh1981
November 17th, 2005, 12:07 PM
its on invidual choice...how imporatant cell phone is.

i never think ki cell phone mere liye bahut jaroori hai...infact sometime i don't even carry my cell phone..like when i am in playground..i don't want anyone to disturb me....
ifact i got irritated if i saw some one talking on his phone while jogging...or take a break to attend his call in between the game...

sejwaldeepak
November 17th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Bhai ,

Itne jaruri hai ke gujara konya hota inke bina..

office mein ja to mobile chahiye, bayah ke baad lugai naukri kare to usne mobile chahiye, beti ya beta door padhan jawe to unn tain mobile chahiye, pyar karan waleyan ne mobile chahiye, jukar aadmi ne jeen ke tain hawa, pani , khana , latte, ghar aadi vastuon ki aaweshayakta hoti hai wese hi ab mobile bhi aadmi ki jindgi ka ek hissa ban gaya hai.

But bandhu iske fayade hain to nuksaan bhi bahut hain..

sara din aadmi kaan ke laga ke handega to kaan mein kharabhi , rays nikalne ne mind pe asar, upar wali left poket mein rakhne se heart pe asar, gadi mein chalte chalte sune to accident ka darr, naa aram len de na chain .

bhai mere dhore bhi 2 mobile hain . ek office waleyan ne de rakhya hai ek personal hai. sara din to matha fodta rahun hun inte..

per bhai raat ne 10. pm ke bad band chahe koi mare ya jiwe meri bala te tadki 7 am on karun hun.

tham bhi kuch asa hi schedule bana lyo .... kuch aram aapne aap ne bhi de diya karo machine ne bhi thanda hona pade hade .. arr hum to insaan se :rolleyes:

rkumar
November 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
After having used the cell phone extensively for 5 years, I dumped it completely as in my present working, I find it of no use. Cell phone is certainly useful, but like any other tool, one should use it most judiciously. I see no use of keeping one's cell phone on when one is available near a landline. May be I will again own a cell phone. However, I will never keep it on while driving and while I am at home or in office where I can always be contacted via a landline. I will never encourage anyone to call me on cell phone for routine calls. I don't consider any technology as lifeline for that matter. Life has been going on very well on planet Earth without any of these so called lifeline technologies. It’s just a matter of getting used to or living without ... My personal choice would be to live without as many technologies as I can efficiently manage.

RK^2

itsnavin
November 17th, 2005, 03:01 PM
For me, it's a pain. I think it works for me only in case of a Car breakdown when you need to call some garage. Otherwise, useless. The reason being, Ghar mein phone hai, office jao to office mein phone hai, Kisi ke ghar jao to uske ghar phone hai, Market mein jao to wahan card-phones hain...jab har jagah phones hain to mobile ki kya jaroorat. I think, more than 50% of the communication on mobiles is useless. In most cases, we talk about where r u...what r u doing etc etc. Also...mobiles have made people to lie more often over phone. And this is a fact. Observe urself how often you lie to the caller where u r and what u r doing etc etc.

And for the employees, it's a BIG time pain. They got tracked where they are? I can see the only benefit for Medical personnel, police and other security agencies. Mobiles has made life easier for DONs. They got more benefit than anyone else...I hope u agree...For normal human being, it wasn't a need but it's a forced need now.

Life mein tension nahin lene ka...aur mobile ek badi tension hai!!

itsnavin
November 17th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Rajender ji
I think we were writing the same thing at the same time...what a coincidence!!

Navin

After having used the cell phone extensively for 5 years, I dumped it completely as in my present working, I find it of no use. Cell phone is certainly useful, but like any other tool, one should use it most judiciously. I see no use of keeping one's cell phone on when one is available near a landline. May be I will again own a cell phone. However, I will never keep it on while driving and while I am at home or in office where I can always be contacted via a landline. I will never encourage anyone to call me on cell phone for routine calls. I don't consider any technology as lifeline for that matter. Life has been going on very well on planet Earth without any of these so called lifeline technologies. It’s just a matter of getting used to or living without ... My personal choice would be to live without as many technologies as I can efficiently manage.

RK^2

rkumar
November 17th, 2005, 03:02 PM
For me, it's a pain. I think it works for me only in case of a Car breakdown when you need to call some garage. Otherwise, useless. The reason being, Ghar mein phone hai, office jao to office mein phone hai, Kisi ke ghar jao to uske ghar phone hai, Market mein jao to wahan card-phones hain...jab har jagah phones hain to mobile ki kya jaroorat. I think, more than 50% of the communication on mobiles is useless. In most cases, we talk about where r u...what r u doing etc etc. Also...mobiles have made people to lie more often over phone. And this is a fact. Observe urself how often you lie to the caller where u r and what u r doing etc etc.

And for the employees, it's a BIG time pain. They got tracked where they are? I can see the only benefit for Medical personnel, police and other security agencies. Mobiles has made life easier for DONs. They got more benefit than anyone else...I hope u agree...For normal human being, it wasn't a need but it's a forced need now.

Life mein tension nahin lene ka...aur mobile ek badi tension hai!!

100% with you Navin...

RK^2

mansi1218
November 17th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Cell phone became a necessity 4 me n then 1 day i lost it...after dat my parents didn't buy me any 4 an year n dat made me realise its importance n i also realised dat life doesn't get any worse widout a cell phone as wenever i need 2 call at home,i can use my frns' phones or can call frm d college itself which isn't v difficult i guess.

But yeh,its gud 2 have 1 as it makes life easier and u'll only realise after u lose one.

crsnadar
November 17th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Namaste All,
Accordin to me,

"Mobile ek aisi hathkadi hai jo Paise deke kharidi jaati hai aur haath me pahni bhi nahi jaati. Ek aisa ji ka janjaal jo ho to bhi muskil na ho to bhi muskil.
Uper se aajkal to camera waali hathkadi bhi mail rahi hai taki jinke paas nahi hai aur chain se ji rahe hai unhe bhi hathkadi pahnane ka intejaam kar de."

Waise utni bekar cheej bhi nahi hai......hai na!!

Bye
yours
RAHUL NADAR

shailendra
November 19th, 2005, 03:23 AM
...Quite a 'jhadee' of posts! And I think the more obvious answer/consensus here seems to have been that Cell phones are too damn neccessary to be easily ignored!...
I think Khalkhundeji and Navin are being quite bravely radical in trying to remove the ugly presence/influence of the cellphones in their lives and It guess it only remains to be seen and we will watch out for this space to see which direction that effort ends up being........:)