PDA

View Full Version : suggestion to improve jatland.com

rameshwarsingh
November 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Dear members
I am a new member and almost everyday read current threads. For some time I am finding that some threads are in local language (haryanavi languages). I think that this website is meant for Jat community from all over world and not from a particular region. Any message posted on this website is meant for every member and not for selected people. I frequently visit haryana therefore can understand, through great hardship, threads written in haryanavi language. But I am sure not more than 2% members can understand them. Are these threads for some particular people. just think when members residing in other parts will post threads in their regional languages.
I suggest that Hindi language should be avoided. If unavoidable, it should be ‘khari boli’ because it is easily understood. Moreover, this website should be made more useful. Today it looks like everybody can post what he/she wants without assessing its usefulness to others.
I also suggest that the replies sent in response to the threads should answer in a meaningful manner.

rkumar
November 19th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Dear members
I am a new member and almost everyday read current threads. For some time I am finding that some threads are in local language (haryanavi languages). I think that this website is meant for Jat community from all over world and not from a particular region. Any message posted on this website is meant for every member and not for selected people. I frequently visit haryana therefore can understand, through great hardship, threads written in haryanavi language. But I am sure not more than 2% members can understand them. Are these threads for some particular people. just think when members residing in other parts will post threads in their regional languages.
I suggest that Hindi language should be avoided. If unavoidable, it should be ‘khari boli’ because it is easily understood. Moreover, this website should be made more useful. Today it looks like everybody can post what he/she wants without assessing its usefulness to others.
I also suggest that the replies sent in response to the threads should answer in a meaningful manner.

Rameshwar Singh Ji,

First of all, welcome on Jatland. Your suggestion is well taken. However, on Jatland there is total freedom to post one's view in any language one wishes to use. Most members understand Hindi, English and even Haryanvi. As you would appreciate, Haryanvi jokes if posted in English or even in classical Hindi, will loose their flavour. Let us not worry about language. Please do contribute actively in the language of your choice. I would be very happy to see our Brij Jats to use Brij Bhasa even as that will add more depth to this site.

Rajendra

ajayverma1973
November 19th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Rameshwar Singh Ji,

First of all, welcome on Jatland. Your suggestion is well taken. However, on Jatland there is total freedom to post one's view in any language one wishes to use. Most members understand Hindi, English and even Haryanvi. As you would appreciate, Haryanvi jokes if posted in English or even in classical Hindi, will loose their flavour. Let us not worry about language. Please do contribute actively in the language of your choice. I would be very happy to see our Brij Jats to use Brij Bhasa even as that will add more depth to this site.

Rajendra

Mr. Rameshwar Singh,

Welcome to Jatland

Myself Ajay Verma basically from West UP (Near Jewar-Tappal) now settled in New Delhi since last 25years. I understand languages from UP, Haryana, Punjab & Rajasthan and I think every jat understand more or less of langauge from cited states, u can post your messages in brijbhasa or khariboli what ever you like.

I am confident that you will enjoy this great website, plz do come with comments and suggestions.

Cheers,

Ajay Verma

mansi1218
November 19th, 2005, 06:31 PM
It'd be great if u post in d thread 'add your line 2 continue d story' in ur native language.People wud love 2 learn Brij Bhasha as well.

arunshamli
November 19th, 2005, 07:40 PM
It'd be great if u post in d thread 'add your line 2 continue d story' in ur native language.People wud love 2 learn Brij Bhasha as well.

Waise Mansi ye aapki english language ka haryanavi version hai kya?;)
you=u
the=d
your =ur
would=wud

raj_rathee
November 19th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Rameshwar Singh Ji,

Let us not worry about language. Please do contribute actively in the language of your choice. I would be very happy to see our Brij Jats to use Brij Bhasa even as that will add more depth to this site.

Rajendra

Exactly ! Our local languages aren't all that different are they ? Even
Haryanvi varies from region to region.

I don't know why we keep seeing all the fuss about Haryanvi. Use whatever
local language you speak. We'll find a way to understand it...There
aren't a whole lot Tamil Jats are there ? All of them are from UP, Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and so on.

rkumar
November 19th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Exactly ! Our local languages aren't all that different are they ? Even
Haryanvi varies from region to region.

I don't know why we keep seeing all the fuss about Haryanvi. Use whatever
local language you speak. We'll find a way to understand it...There
aren't a whole lot Tamil Jats are there ? All of them are from UP, Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and so on.

Oye Bhatteje! there is a Tamil Jatni and I am sure you know her..We will manage Tamil also if she joins Jatland....LOL..aur han bhai Rathi, tera photo kit gol ho gaya ?

RK^2

rameshwarsingh
November 19th, 2005, 10:24 PM
If so, soon I shall present something in Brijbhasha

raj_rathee
November 19th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Oye Bhatteje! there is a Tamil Jatni and I am sure you know her..We will manage Tamil also if she joins Jatland....LOL..aur han bhai Rathi, tera photo kit gol ho gaya ?

RK^2

Tamil Jatni ? Nahin Chacha. I don't know who she is ?
But yes, if there is one then lets learn Tamil too ! :D

Photo..chacha yeh Nitin ko mere koi photo pasand nahin aata.
Pehle mera mucch waala photo hata diya, phir mere bete waala photo
hata diya...and ab dhamki de rakhi hai ki I should not act cute with my
photos. So I don't have one. :(

poonam
November 19th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Waise Mansi ye aapki english language ka haryanavi version hai kya?;)
you=u
the=d
your =ur
would=wud

LOL...Arun, chhoree ghani busy laage sae..:D tabhi to short cuts...kyon Mansi...:)

Waise, personally, I find these abbreviations sick..

(Oh...just realised haryanvi likhi bhi to kaun sae thread main..:eek: )

keshavdahiya
November 21st, 2005, 05:17 AM
I suppose some of u might think that I m too yong or not worthy enough to say that but It wud be better if we discuss the ways to improve rather than sharing some pranks and passing comments on each other becoz thats the reason why it needs the improvement.Right on top of the page, Our worthy administrator MR Nitin Dahiya has mentioned that and i think every time someone logins shud read that...........as it says "post the comments on the rite page or topic" i think the idea is clear here, but rather v start our conversation rite here and leave the main topic,U might be thinking that i myself is using short forms but the basic idea is clear i suppose :cool: hehehe
Then as one of our senior members mentioned that haryanvi jokes loose the flare if they are translated in any other language very true. so its not so important again. we can alwayz add haryanvi and thats what it is al about.:P
So i wud suggest here that v stick to tha code of conduct, minor hhumor is ok but some times it exceeds the limit. I think we shud start up with some really innovative ideas to improve as its us who can do it in a better way.:)

rathimamta
November 21st, 2005, 10:15 AM
Dear members
Yes, I suppoert

Mamta

dahiyasaab
November 21st, 2005, 06:30 PM
k baat kyu muh phula reh so, ghani angrezi katni aagi k,
saare k saare haryanvi k pachey padliye, jee len do yaar,
ek ya language e teh reh ri se jisme sawad aaja se,
aer rahi samjhn ki baat je kise k na aati ho,
teh yoh apna hooda khali ye na betha reh se ish teh bujh lo,
apne aap mein haryane ki chalti phirti dictionary se !
aer bhai rameshwar jin 2% ki baat aap karo so na !
maine laagey unney hindi bhi na aanti,
aando apni apni bhasa mein jab bey teh anekta mein ekta dikhegi !

meenakshisingh
December 23rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
The Language Cannot Be Made An Issue.most Certainly Should Not Be Made So.for People Like Me Its A Great Learning Experience.i Enjoy Reading The Haryanvi Language .it Is Also Helping Me Teach The Language To My Two Grown Up Sons Who Are Studying In Modern School/barakhamba Rd. They Love It When I Read Out To Them.what Good Is It Being Called A Jat _ Without Knowing Your Mothertongue.its Like Having Ice Cream With No Flavour . Ex: There Is No Word Which Can Stand Upto The Word Bebe(baybay) .in Terms Of Conveying Love And Affection. Lets Follow The Policy Of: To Each His Own.

dndeswal
January 16th, 2006, 08:01 PM
According to my counting, the following chart explains the position of this site's webpages as on today:

Forum
No. of web- pages

No. of threads

Education

Jobs & Careers

Current Affairs

Chapters & Itineraries

Jat History

General Talk

Time Pass

Humor

Haryanavi Music

Technical Talk

About Jatland.com

Thus,'Humor' and 'General Talk' forums are the most voluminous ones and new posts are being added on a daily basis. Normally, any visitor to the site hardly opens pages which have gone down the heap. It would be better if at least half of the pages of these forums could be stored in a separate folder called 'archives' or any other technical name. Hope Administrators have something in mind.

dndeswal
January 16th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Sorry, friends. The table above has split and is not readable. It is reproduced below for easy reading

Forum No. of web-pages No. of threads

Education 8 185
Jobs & Careers 39 973
Current Affairs 52 1279
Chapters & Itineraries 14 338
Jat History 15 373
General Talk 96 2388
Time Pass 54 1346
Humor 168 4200
Haryanavi Music 1 25
Technical Talk 3 51
About Jatland.com 7 158

Sorry for inconvenience.

ajayverma1973
August 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Dear Deswal Sahab,

What is your openion about your post quoted below, as you are also a part of jatland administration now.

Thanks,

Ajay

According to my counting, the following chart explains the position of this site's webpages as on today:

Forum
No. of web- pages

No. of threads

Education

Jobs & Careers

Current Affairs

Chapters & Itineraries

Jat History

General Talk

Time Pass

Humor

Haryanavi Music

Technical Talk

About Jatland.com

Thus,'Humor' and 'General Talk' forums are the most voluminous ones and new posts are being added on a daily basis. Normally, any visitor to the site hardly opens pages which have gone down the heap. It would be better if at least half of the pages of these forums could be stored in a separate folder called 'archives' or any other technical name. Hope Administrators have something in mind.

dndeswal
August 5th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Dear Deswal Sahab,

What is your openion about your post quoted below, as you are also a part of jatland administration now.

Thanks,

Ajay

Thanks for reminding us. This above post was written a couple of months back and looks garbled. If one visits the page http://www.jatland.com/forums/ the current position is displayed. The matter of storing the old material and pruning/deleting a few members' accounts who have not logged in at all for the last 2-3 years and have '0' posts, is currently under consideration of JatLand Admn. team. Thread Member List Pruned (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10786) is relevant in this matter.