PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Is Everything

dhankhar
November 20th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Attitude is the switch that turns on everything else. when you master your attitude, you master your life. A study conducted at the Harvard University found that when a person succeeds and goes up the ladder, 85% of the time it is because of his attitude and only 15% of the time it is because of what he is or what he knows. In fact, even before people buy anything from you like services, goods or ideas – they first buy your attitude. The quality and effectiveness of your communication is a matter of your attitude. Your attitude means more to people than what you say to them. This is true not only from the corporate world perspective but also from our personal lives viewpoint.

Attitude has either made a person extremely successful or it has destroyed a person completely. So, the million dollar question that needs to be answered is – what kind of attitude do you need to cultivate to generate success?

There is a wonderful story of the three bricklayers at a new building site. A visitor walks over to the first bricklayer and asks “what are you doing?” the worker says “I am laying bricks.” the visitor then asks the same question to the second worker. The response he gets is “I am building a was,” finally the visitor asks this question to the third worker, who says “ I am building a hospital for the sick people, so that they can come here and get cured.” Now evaluate the three responses, the difference clearly is in their attitudes and which surely affects performance. How we think shows through in how we act.

You may be dead broke and that’s a reality, but in spirit you may be brimming over with optimism, joy and energy. The reality of life may result from many outside factors, none of which you can control. Your attitudes, however, reflect the ways in which you evaluate what is happening. Success is not something that you can run into by accident. It takes a lot of working on and character. Everyone likes to win but how many are willing to put in the many are willing to put in the effort and time needed to prepare to win . it takes sacrifice and self discipline. There is no replacement to hard work, honesty and discipline.

Death can not be predicted and thus we should live our lives like there is no tomorrow. We should give our 100% in everything we do like studying , playing etc.people with positive attitudes are confident, positive and caring. Positive attitude will help you achieve more in less time and will also help you to win friends and admirers. Success comes only to those who are bold, honest, those who never give up and those who learn from their mistakes. Good attitude helps you see the good in other people and also promotes peace and harmony.

spdeshwal
November 21st, 2005, 12:05 AM
Dear Vikash, Welcome on Jatland! You have made a great begining at jatland with very beautiful and meaningfull post!

Also nice to know that you are a flying officer with Indian Airforce. We have many dedicated members on this site who come from defence backround and have been playing a vital role in shaping this site. I believe, to become a defence office and to be in flying branch in particular depends so much on one's attitude towards various situations created during the interviev process. Rigorous tests are designed to judge the attitude of the condidates.

I fully agree with you on that sucess or failure is so much depends on a person's attitude towards the activities he/she involved in. In the given example, the reply of three bricklayers shows the level of involvement of the each which is the result of their attitude towards the work undertaken.

with best wishes.

Sateypal

spdeshwal
November 21st, 2005, 05:51 AM
Dear Vikash,

you may not be 100% right in saying that 'Attitude Is Everythin' but it can be the most important factor as explained by the 'study' you have quoted in your post.

A change in attitude can cange one's life and a change in majority attitude can revolutionised the society. Failure or success of a social movement is dependent on the society's willingness to change it's attitude in addition to other factors.

For example a few discussions are going on under various threads which are related to upliftment of the women. My belief is that all efforts to educate and economic development may not bring the desired results unless "Attitude towards women" of our society is not changed.

A recent (2004) survey by Action India of women in Delhi revealed that even highly educated women have resorted to as many as eight abortions to ensure that they only give birth to a son. So in this case also it wouldn,t be any wrong if we apply the 85%(attitude)TO 15%(other factors) ratio to this particular problem to get the desired success.

scsheorayan
November 21st, 2005, 07:11 AM
:) Good post Vikas and congratulations for your positive attitude. It is not difficult to learn about individual's attitude once you have known the person for some time. Million Dollar question however is why do some people have poor attitude and whether it can be changed and how.

Bhagwat Geeta teaches us the theory of Karma and it's impact on our attitude and success or lack of it in our lives. According to Geeta the highest spiritual development raises one above three modes i.e. Tamas,Raj and Satva. Lot of us never come out of Tamas (laziness and ignorance), some who rise above this are snared by Rajsi mode (arrogance and pride) and a small number who can rise above Rajsi do rise to Satvic mode and have the best attitude among three categories. But even satvic mode is not enough to gain ultimate goal of Nirvana. One has to rise above Satva. Before we can rise above satva we have to get there first.

Why some people never feel the need to achieve this or feel it is too hard is dependent on previous life experience and theory of Karma explains why we have the attitude we do and how it could change with our life exerience.

rkumar
November 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
Attitude is like a software package loaded onto the human hardware. Software infected with viruses can spell disasters and good package can do wonders..Like any software, attitude also needs continuous upgrading, monitoring and cleaning..Ofcourse hardware also need oiling on a regular basis..LOL

RK^2

dhankhar
November 21st, 2005, 09:34 PM
While serching for some good interactive platform for jats, yesterday i came across jatland. Its really a nice forum, we'll b having a lot to share here n do something good to the community.

May I know a bit more about the owner n moderators of this group.

keshavdahiya
November 22nd, 2005, 03:43 AM
hi,
As u log in u will find a small quote from our worthy adminstrator on left corner requestin us to post rite message on the rite topic
he is Mr Nitin Dahiya
u can check on the site and look around as there are lot of other interesting things ..........hehe:D
all the best & have fun
V will b waitin for more innovative ideas from yr side

cooljat
November 22nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
I strongly believe,
U'll be what u'll to be,
ur attitude always determines ur altitude!

cheers! attitude is 100%

rock on,
Jit