PDA

View Full Version : Should Tendulkar Be Rested

raj2rif
November 21st, 2005, 02:30 AM
When you have a player of Tendulkar's calibre and stature, some times it becomes difficult for the coach and the Captain to make a choice. Tendulkar came against Srilanka after a prolonged injury and forced layoff. He did very well and showed his class in the first two games, but after that it has been the poor run of scores. Now since Gambhir has shown the aptitude and hunger to do well as an opener, the Captain has the luxary to rest his best batsman for a game or two. Alternatively he can try him in the middle order to regain his form like
Sehwag did in the last game. If the game plan is to build a strong bench strenght, then there is no harm to rest the veteran player for a game or two.

Zaheer Khan: There may be time to recall Zaheer now. He has done very well in the domestic cricket in last few months and probably may deserve a recall. However it is going to be tough call to make when Agarkar, RP and Pathan are doing well. R.P. Singh in particular has been a find of the current series.

Ahish Nehra: The talented player otherwise, will find it difficult to make it to the team purely due to lack of discipline and resolve. Both Zaheer and Nehra had been Ganguly's boys, and would find it difficult to make a come back unless present corps of fast bowlers does really bad. I think the dispute between the coach and the former skipper had been mainly on the physical fitness standards demanded by the coach.

Right now things are goind well for Dravid and company. Let us hope we build a winning combination just in time for the world cup.

arunshamli
November 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM
If we can win without Ganguly, we can win without non performing Tendulkar also. he has consistently failed in last 6 matches and our media is still singing his praise. He did not play in one game and who knows it could have been 7 continuous games where he did not make any worth mentioning contribution.

We lost the first match against SA and our newspaper wrote that Tendulkar made a new world record. He has played(356) ODI, which is a world record. They just try to find a reason to write something for him.

Ganguly is out, but not because of his bad performance. agar performace ko dekh kar hee nikalna hota toh 2 saal pahale bhee nikal sakte the. and if performance is the criterea, why is Tendulkar in the team?:confused:

I think he should be rested.

positivelook
November 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
I think tendulakar ko rest dene se pehle sehwag ko rest kyon nahin diya gaya aur abb usne 77 n.out (after 11 matches he score a 50) bana diya toh uska rutba fir badh gaya. So i beleive agar performance hee dekhni hai toh sabki dekho aur 5 match mein lagatar fail hone par give him a rest for atleast two matches.

Abhimanyu Phougat

raj2rif
November 21st, 2005, 06:27 PM
I think tendulakar ko rest dene se pehle sehwag ko rest kyon nahin diya gaya aur abb usne 77 n.out (after 11 matches he score a 50) bana diya toh uska rutba fir badh gaya. So i beleive agar performance hee dekhni hai toh sabki dekho aur 5 match mein lagatar fail hone par give him a rest for atleast two matches.

Abhimanyu Phougat

I agree with you Abhimanyu Ji. No one should be indipensable. That is the meaning of building a bench strength. We have no dearth of talent in the country. Any under 19 Player or former under 19 player can rise to the occassion if given a chance. One year ago, selectors did not consider Gautam Gambhir as one day material. Who would have thought that R P Singh would send down 7 overs for some 20 odd runs and take a few wickets as well, with media singing songs about Ashish Nehra, Zaheer Khan and Balaji. I would say the performance should be the only criteria and when we talk about performance, it should be accompanied with consistency.

mukeshkumar007
November 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Zaheer Khan: There may be time to recall Zaheer now. He has done very well in the domestic cricket in last few months and probably may deserve a recall. However it is going to be tough call to make when Agarkar, RP and Pathan are doing well. R.P. Singh in particular has been a find of the current series.

But unfortunately he ignored once again. I am unable to understand the reason behind keeping him out from Test squad. R.P. Singh surely may not be a good choice for the test match because in test experience has big role than talent.
I hope, inspite of that he will bounce back.

roopak
November 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Dear all!

well i think we all r expecting too much from the master blaster..well nobody has appreciated the fact that sachin made a come back after such a long break and tht also with bang atleast those first two innings were reminder of his early days. More over cricket is a team game you cannot rely upon only one player to take you through all the way..atleast not every time.and well this thread has nothing to do with saurav ganguli..but i would like to mention here that during last two years saurav and veru are at par performance wise so y this sord is there on saurav's neck.....but i think if veru gonna stay like this only very soon v gonna c him sitting in spectaters ....becouse thtz the way chappel works.one more thing the way indian team is performing right now....who ever be the captain ..it hardly matters..you can try this concept on australian team ....you choose any one of them as captain there way of playing won't c much of a change....so the important thing is positive and agressive cricket ..thtz the mntra of australian success......i hope i've made myself clear to you all without hearting any sentiments...coz veeru mujhe bhi acha lagta hai..but sourav too!

Roopak

devdahiya
November 24th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Worthy members, we tend to forget that Tendulkar is such a gifted human being who takes birth once in millions of years and we are fortunate to see this little genius on our land. Please spare this great man the criticism.Let him decide himself to quit. He is bigger than the game of cricket and We the mortals have hardly any right to pass a judgement on this great player. My appologies if some one is hurt by straight words.

raj2rif
November 25th, 2005, 01:33 AM
But unfortunately he ignored once again. I am unable to understand the reason behind keeping him out from Test squad. R.P. Singh surely may not be a good choice for the test match because in test experience has big role than talent.
I hope, inspite of that he will bounce back.

Dear Mukesh,

While I understand the frustration people may be having for Zaher not being in test squad inspite of his good showing in domestic cricket, but people will get experience only if they are given a chance to show their worth. I think, keeping RP Singh in the sqauad is good, even though he may not get a chance to play. As I said, it would have been a tough call for selectors to leave Zaheer out, but if Ganguly is there as a bowling option, then probably Zaheer deserved a better deal.

raj2rif
November 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Worthy members, we tend to forget that Tendulkar is such a gifted human being who takes birth once in millions of years and we are fortunate to see this little genius on our land. Please spare this great man the criticism.Let him decide himself to quit. He is bigger than the game of cricket and We the mortals have hardly any right to pass a judgement on this great player. My appologies if some one is hurt by straight words.

Dear Dahiya Ji,

There is a difference between dropping a player and resting a player. May be he comes down the order for a game or two. Yes he is a tremendously gifted player and a good human being. He should be part and parcel of the team for some years still. I am sure Sachin himself must be thinking about his scores in past few matches.

arunshamli
November 25th, 2005, 02:30 AM

I think same policy should be applicable to all players irrespective of their status. If Ganguly did not perform and he was shown the door, why not non-performing Tendulkar? Sachin had been a great player, but so was Ganguly?

When the cricket team is playing they are representing the whole country and country should come above everything else. No one should come above the country not even Sachin. But unfortunately this has been a very old problem for India ki hamare yahan sare niyam aadmi ko dekhkar banaye jate hain.

devdahiya
November 25th, 2005, 07:42 AM
I think same policy should be applicable to all players irrespective of their status. If Ganguly did not perform and he was shown the door, why not non-performing Tendulkar? Sachin had been a great player, but so was Ganguly?

When the cricket team is playing they are representing the whole country and country should come above everything else. No one should come above the country not even Sachin. But unfortunately this has been a very old problem for India ki hamare yahan sare niyam aadmi ko dekhkar banaye jate hain.

Bhai Arun, Fact is that players like tendulkar can not be compared wit Gangulies and Kumbles. His stature is so huge that no policy is a good policy. His very presence in the team makes a great differance to the enviornment. You have right to your comments though and i respect those. Tendulkar is Tendulkar.

arunshamli
November 25th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Bhai Arun, Fact is that players like tendulkar can not be compared wit Gangulies and Kumbles. His stature is so huge that no policy is a good policy. His very presence in the team makes a great differance to the enviornment. You have right to your comments though and i respect those. Tendulkar is Tendulkar.

When he is in form he will score 4 runs and when he is out of form he will score 2 runs.;)

I hope He will score some runs in todays game ;)

roopak
November 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
i think he is really connected with your feelings arun..coz he has scored 2 buddy!....next time atleast tell him to score a 50

roopak

satyakarwasra
November 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Granted that cricket is a skill game and Tendulkar's batting is still sublime. But, at the end of the day, it is the complete package of fitness, which includes mental strength and skill, that matters. With even one element missing the others are rendered impotent.

arunshamli
November 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM
i think he is really connected with your feelings arun..coz he has scored 2 buddy!....next time atleast tell him to score a 50

roopak

Dear Roopak, I thought he is in form now a days and should score at least 4 runs ;)

Seriously, I do not know why Sachin has become such an emotional issue that when we talk about him we ignore all the statistics . What I said was based on his performance in last 2 years….we don’t want to accept the fact that he does not deserve a place in the team based on his performance alone. He is playing because we consider him above everything….selectors ko dar hai ke agar Sachin ko nikala toh unki jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai…Indian public do not care if India is winning or not…all they need is Tendulkar must be the part of the team….. aur fir ho sakta hai ke saal me ek -do bar woh 50 ya 70 ya 100 runs bhee bana de...but what is the use... abhee Bangladesh ke against toh double hundred bana dega....;)

If you do not score runs…what is the use of your calss…arr jat class ke bare me kab se bat karne lage…I thought we were the result oriented community….we believe in delivering and not talking…..….But I guess time is changing now….Sachin ke liye ham Jat bhee nahi rahenge………after all he the best batsman in the world…:confused:

Apne Sehwag ne bina class ke hee 300 run bana dale the Pakistan me….aisa kaam jo Tendulkar pichle 16 saal me nahi kar paya...aur fir class ka hame kya karma hai….we need player who score runs and win matches for India….woh chae fir Tendulkar ho ya fir Dravid ho….ya fir Sehwag….

jitender_singh
November 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Arun Bhai,

aise na bolo apne sehwag ki alag hi class hai...bina class ke koi 300 nahee maar sakta......he is in different league..he is the furture captain of india...

well I am diehardse hwag's fan , thats why Cant tolerate his crticism.

Cheers
Jitender

Dear Roopak, I thought he is in form now a days and should score at least 4 runs ;)

Seriously, I do not know why Sachin has become such an emotional issue that when we talk about him we ignore all the statistics . What I said was based on his performance in last 2 years….we don’t want to accept the fact that he does not deserve a place in the team based on his performance alone. He is playing because we consider him above everything….selectors ko dar hai ke agar Sachin ko nikala toh unki jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai…Indian public do not care if India is winning or not…all they need is Tendulkar must be the part of the team….. aur fir ho sakta hai ke saal me ek -do bar woh 50 ya 70 ya 100 runs bhee bana de...but what is the use... abhee Bangladesh ke against toh double hundred bana dega....;)

If you do not score runs…what is the use of your calss…arr jat class ke bare me kab se bat karne lage…I thought we were the result oriented community….we believe in delivering and not talking…..….But I guess time is changing now….Sachin ke liye ham Jat bhee nahi rahenge………after all he the best batsman in the world…:confused:

Apne Sehwag ne bina class ke hee 300 run bana dale the Pakistan me….aisa kaam jo Tendulkar pichle 16 saal me nahi kar paya...aur fir class ka hame kya karma hai….we need player who score runs and win matches for India….woh chae fir Tendulkar ho ya fir Dravid ho….ya fir Sehwag….

arunshamli
November 25th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Arun Bhai,

aise na bolo apne sehwag ki alag hi class hai...bina class ke koi 300 nahee maar sakta......he is in different league..he is the furture captain of india...

well I am diehardse hwag's fan , thats why Cant tolerate his crticism.

Cheers
Jitender

Jitender Bhai, maine toh Sehwag ke bare me koi galat bat nahi kahi...maine toh uski tariif hee kee hai...

lekin log uski class ko Tendulkar se inferior mante hain.......maine tabhhee bola tha ke hame class nahi chahiye...we want our player to score runs...which Sehwag does...he is the best test player in the team at this moment....haan lekin one day me ghatiya khelta hai...wheather you like it or not....

devdahiya
November 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM
My dear Arun, You keep feeling what you feel about a thing...to that extent things are fine but when you deviate from an issue and talk...Jatness with cricket, it is very sad.It is not a question of liking or disliking somebody but we have a tendency to forget the stature of a person. Tendulkar mere chacha ka ladka nahin hei but i respect this gentleman for his great contribution to indian cricket. You are talking statastics..then you are trying to fool this world by your arguement. Open his records for once and it will be impossible for you to even comment on his capabilities. Coming to nonperformance...every player in the world undergoes a lean patch and Tendulkar is no exception but inspite of his low scores in past couple of matches, He is still a force to reckon with and there is plenty of cricket left in him. He is by far the best player this game of cricket ever saw. Kindly don't involve Jatness and Jats here as i know what jats stand for. Let us not take a holistic approach. it is better if you give out some logical inputs to prove that Tendulkar is useless. One more thing...Sehwag is and never can be in the line of Tendulkar. They are class apart, inspite of Sehwag's stroke play and jolly-good fellow approach. Tendulkar can never be kicked out of Indian cricket in a manner you have dreamt. He is too useful a human being. Like it or lump it. Let us avoid sarcasm of any kind for a healthy debate. We may differ with one another but should never encroach into the delicate sentimental territory. Cheers!

arunshamli
November 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Dear Sir, Why getting so emotional in a debate...it is a public forum...everybody is free to write any thing...just like you and I...

agar aapko lagta hai ke maine kuch galat likha hai toh I stop here. aap bade hain and aapko jo achacha lagta hai aap kijiye....lekin ab mai kuch nahi kahunga....bado ki izzaat karna hame sikhaya gaya hai.

My dear Arun, You keep feeling what you feel about a thing...to that extent things are fine but when you devite from an issue and talk...Jatness with cricket, it is very sad.It is not a question of liking or disliking somebody but we have a tendency to forget the stature of a person. Tendulkar mere chacha ka ladka nahin hei but i respect this gentleman for his great contribution to indian cricket. You are talking statastics..then you are trying to fool this world by your arguement. Open his records for once and it will be impossible for you to even comment on his capabilities. Coming to nonperformance...every player in the world undergoes a lean patch and Tendulkar is no exception but inspite of his low scores in past couple of matches, He is still a force to reckon with and there is plenty of cricket left in him. He is by far the best player this game of cricket ever saw. Kindly don't involve Jatness and Jats here as i know what jats stand for. Let us not take a holistic approach. it is better if you give out some logical inputs to prove that Tendulkar is useless. One more thing...Sehwag is and never can be in the line of Tendulkar. They are class apart, inspite of Sehwag's stroke play and jolly-good fellow approach. Tendulkar can never be kicked out of Indian cricket in a manner you have dreamt. He is too useful a human being. Like it or lump it. Let us avoid sarcasm of any kind for a healthy debate. We may differ with one another but should never encroach into the delicate sentimental territory. Cheers!

devdahiya
December 10th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Look at his performance today...splendid effort indeed ! As i said he has still left with lots of cricket in him. He is a legend who takes birth once in a few hundred years. Great century........CONGRATS SACHIN......Long way to go....carry on blasting !