PDA

View Full Version : Travel to USA:- Air Rates

nisha-
November 21st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Dear freinds i just need ur help in knowing about how to go USA by air , I mean to say which air agency is best option and from where one should board the plane and where alll it will halt on the way to USA.

Also what is rate of Air Ticket. ?

I am asking because one of my relative is going to USA for study and he doesnt have much exposure about all these things because of his rural and semi-urban back ground.

thanks

Nisha

sejwaldeepak
November 21st, 2005, 03:21 PM
may be this link useful to you .

http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2005/nov/21iycu.htm

keshavdahiya
November 22nd, 2005, 03:38 AM
hi Ms Nain,
well if u really have an access to internet then it wud be an easy job as u can search as many flights to us or any where
and for good sake act like a jat woman look for the solutions on yr own when u can access to computer
with all due respect and with all positive attitude u really shud have faith in yourself
all the very best:)

shailendra
November 22nd, 2005, 03:53 AM
Nisha,

Even though you would be able to surf the net and find a lot more in detail, here are just some small thumbrule and pointers:

The European airlines are all usually good and based on which one you choose the stop over inbetween will be accordingly somewhere in Europe. (for example: Air France will stop in Paris, British airways in London etc. etc)...
Also now that I understand there are direct flights to the US (American Airlines and Continental airlines fly direct from Delhi to Newark and/or Chicago)...
Of course you may wanna choose between either the direct or the one with a stop-over flight, based on where the final destination is gonna be in the US, as these new direct flights are limited to these two Cities only as I understand.

Money wise it could range from between 1200-1500 US Dollars based on how the season is (Tourist or otherwise!) But then since you shall be getting the tickets in India I understand it could range from anywhere between 50,000-to-60,000 rupees.

Hope this helps and best of Luck!

vinodks
November 22nd, 2005, 04:31 AM
Arre Shailendra, do you know any travel agent who gives good deals... me kind of got late in booking for ticket for this winter... and rates are very costly for 8th-28th Dec peak season... my agent told me 1700$ which is ridiculous... does anyone know any agents?...

-Vinod

nisha-
November 23rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hey Keshav

What do u mean by saying "Act like a Jat woman"? Does asking for some query is unlike jat woman. How u r going to rate my confidence level I think its u who has to show a postive attitude. We all take help from others in one way or other, surfing on google and internet doesnt mean that u r discovering some thing stunningly new, there also u r utilising work done by others.

From ur response it looks that u started an aeroplane manufacturing company and from ur own plane u r travelling, i am saying this because from ur response it looks that u have never taken help from any one.

Google and other sites are also result of somebody's effort and so many people getting help from them and same way i wanted to ask from my community members and for ur kind information it is not the only source i am using.

Thanks

PS:- Shailender and deepak thanks to u.

hi Ms Nain,
well if u really have an access to internet then it wud be an easy job as u can search as many flights to us or any where
and for good sake act like a jat woman look for the solutions on yr own when u can access to computer
with all due respect and with all positive attitude u really shud have faith in yourself
all the very best:)

scsheorayan
November 23rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Dear Nisha,

Welcome to jatland for advice. Please ignore taunts and concentrate on job in hand which is getting some useful information to help your friend.

As you know USA is on the other side of globe and depending on where one starts and finishes journey routes can vary. You can go via west i.e. European route or via east via Tokyo and Hawai. Which route is suitable will therefore depend on locations.

When it comes to airlines there are a few to choose from. Good ones may charge a few dollars more but they are worth it if one can afford. Difference is not that much however.

If you are buying tickets in Chandigarh Bajaj travel is quite good. Normally buying tickets directly from Airlines is some what more expensive in comparison to travel agents. Like every thing else prices can be negotiated within a narrow range though.

Good luck to your friend and in case he needs introduction to other students in his university Jatland may already have some one there and will be more than happy to make him feel at home.:)

dahiyarules
November 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
I would strongly recommend www.makemytrip.com

Their service is commendable. They also have a toll free number in India. Since they are a big time agency, they have a wider selection of air rates available.

When I bought tickets from the last month, they asked me whats my budget. I just told them that i dont mind being stashed away in the steerage.hehehe.

Anyways, coming to the point, I would also recommend that you fly Air India. Ohh my gosh. Their food is awesome. Their service is better than any foreign airline I ever flew.

Well I can go on and on......

keshavdahiya
November 23rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Hey Keshav

What do u mean by saying "Act like a Jat woman"? Does asking for some query is unlike jat woman. How u r going to rate my confidence level I think its u who has to show a postive attitude. We all take help from others in one way or other, surfing on google and internet doesnt mean that u r discovering some thing stunningly new, there also u r utilising work done by others.

From ur response it looks that u started an aeroplane manufacturing company and from ur own plane u r travelling, i am saying this because from ur response it looks that u have never taken help from any one.

Google and other sites are also result of somebody's effort and so many people getting help from them and same way i wanted to ask from my community members and for ur kind information it is not the only source i am using.

Thanks

PS:- Shailender and deepak thanks to u.

I dont know what to say as i didnt mean any thing like that,
And i m extreamly sorry if u felt like that
please go ahead with what u wanna know
sorry if u considered that taunt
think u misunderstood
:D