PDA

View Full Version : Please Try This, Interesting

hamendra
November 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Interesting ?...

Create a folder on the desktop and name it "Notepad", open any webpage in IE and see its view source of that webpage....

Please tech comment also, Why is it so?

mukeshkumar007
November 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Interesting ?...

Create a folder on the desktop and name it "Notepad", open any webpage in IE and see its view source of that webpage....

Please tech comment also, Why is it so?
really amazing but why is it so :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ndahiya
November 26th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Think this is coz the way windows looks for the program in the "path"... the local folder is the first location in the path even if not explicitly specified, so if it finds "Notepad" (which is the designated editor for webpages), it tries to open the file using the program/folder...

sanjay22dahiya
November 26th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Hi all

If i create a folder named "notepad" on my desktop & view its source,its opens up the "notepad" folder but if i try to view source without creating any folder on the desktop with the same name "notepad",its opens up one notepad file with some html single line statement(kindly refer the attachment).

Could you please tell me what does it mean????:confused:

ndahiya
November 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
that is coz you are viewing the blank html page... IE returns it as a blankile with just the <html> begin and end tags...
you could open a website and then see the contents...

sanjay22dahiya
November 30th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Nitin

This time i could see a large text file but all OHT:confused:

OVER HEAD TRANSMISSION, no idea about these langauges.....

Anyways thanks a lot.

pawaria.cs
December 8th, 2005, 01:35 AM
hey also try to this.

I try to open notepad using run but it again opens the "notepad" folder on the desktop.

Why this is so..any techie resolution to the situation

Or this is bug in windows

Pravesh Pawaria