PDA

View Full Version : someone there..?

parul
November 16th, 2002, 11:58 PM
hi,
Is anyone there at university of stanford or purdue..?
parul

anurag
November 17th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Hi Parul,

What kind of information are you looking for in these universities. I can find people in purdue as a friend of mine here in Austin is a purdue alumni.

-Anurag

parul
November 17th, 2002, 12:56 AM
Hello Anurag,
thanx for that prompt reply..actually I am deciding what career to pursue.I am trying to explore the possibility of doing resarch in the area which is not directly related to my current study, iam a science student and would be intersted in doing my doc in BIO MOLECULAR ELECTRONICS.Going a get a scholl won't be a problem, I think i will be able to manage on my own.I just wanted to have an idea about prospects.
BTW is management ab intersting area?
regards
parul

anurag
November 17th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Hi Parul,

"BTW is management an intersting area?": Let me answer this first :-)
It depends on what interests you. If you come into management, you have firther choices like finance, marketing, global business, etc. And then depending on your major, you can go in for various kinds of jobs. So finally what interests you matter a lot here. I am finding it interesting till now.

As far as changing your field of study is concerned, all i can tell you right now is that you might be required to take "subject GRE" along with the genereal gre. Also the best option to know about what are the requirements of a particular univ is to write an email to the professors who are in that research area or to the admission office. You can also find profiles of current PhD students on most of the school websites. They can be helpful in giving you insight into the program.

-Anurag

parul
November 17th, 2002, 01:31 AM
Hello Anurag,
Thanx again..but I know technically its possible to change the area..
but will in that case i will i be bale to make some original contribution or not..?
regards
parul

vichitra
November 17th, 2002, 02:10 AM
hi parul...
i am applying to indiana univ-purdue univ,indianapolis...for my phd in physics...i can give u information on how to apply n stuff....tell me if i can help u...
vichitra

anurag
November 17th, 2002, 02:13 AM
As far as original contribution is concerned, it might be slightly difficult initially, because of extra studies which you might have to do, but everuthing is possible. So my advise is that if you like a field, just go for it and donot think too much on other things. If you like the field, you are bound to work harder in that than in the field which you are not interested in.

-Anurag

parul
November 17th, 2002, 03:15 AM
hello there,
thanx for that..
well but i am still an undergraduate student in my fifth semster..so apping is not for me..atleast not for the time being..
i thought if i decide what field to choose, i can take summer projects regarding that..that will be make life simpler while trying to get recommendations..
hope to meet you there at purdue or ....... after three years.. ;))
regards
parul

hi parul...
i am applying to indiana univ-purdue univ,indianapolis...for my phd in physics...i can give u information on how to apply n stuff....tell me if i can help u...
vichitra[/quote]